Grupotel Amapola

Urb. Las Gaviotas S/N Circuito Del Lago 49, Majorca 07458, Spain

Good

Service: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Grupotel Amapola

Enter your dates:

I just came back from this excellent... by  R Kirkwood

I just came back from this excellent holiday in October 07. The hotel was spotless, the chambermaid was lovely and Gisela at hotel reception went out her way to help me retrieve my suitcase that globespan forgot to put on the flight. If it wasn’t for Gisela translating on the phone for me I doubt I would have got my suitcase back on the 3rd day.

The food was lovely but cold, could use a microwave in dining room to heat food.

Entertainment not great and mostly dominated by Germans.

Bus service is good 1 euro 10 cents to go to Port Alcudia and market not very far from Playa de Muro. KFC, Burgher King and Pizza Hut in Port Alcudia so never stuck for something to eat.

I totally recommend this hotel if you want cleanliness and very friendly helpful staff.

All in all a pleasant holiday. Hotel... by J Dick

All in all a pleasant holiday. Hotel is in an excellent location close to the main "strip" and the lovely beach is only a further few yards on from this.

From the main road you can catch a bus to almost anywhere on the island. Most trips for example into Alcudia or to Can Picafort only cost just over a euro per person so it's very cheap to get around. We took the bus to Palma one of the days and it was a luxury coach, and only cost just under 5 euro per person.

The hotel itself is definitely German oriented. The reception staff are lovely and very helpful. We found we were among the very few who were not all inclusive and had to pay a euro for a very small glass of juice at evening meal time.

At breakfast time however, there is more juice and coffee than you can handle. I found the food a bit strange - garlic mushrooms at breakfast! The evening meals were a bit of a hit or a miss and OK if you like pork. A lot of the food had garlic in it or was fish based.

The pool area was lovely and you could turn and face your lounger out across the lake which was lovely. We got caught up in the mini hurricane which was quite something to watch from the balcony - sun loungers being lifted sky high and blown into the lake and the pool etc.

If you plan to head into Alcudia for the market day, DON'T get the bus that says Alcudia Market on it or you will be deposited about 2 miles from the market. Get the normal Alcudia bus and stay on it until you actually see the market stalls as it stops right across the road from it.

If you are rather larger than normal shall we say, you may have difficulty eating out or stopping off for a coffee as absolutely every single eating/drinking place on the island has very narrow chairs with arms. They do not cater for anyone outwith the normal size range and I found it quite frustrating in this respect.

I would go back to Mallorca, possibly to a different area though, and not to this particular hotel although we did enjoy our holiday there.

The hotel its self was very nice,... by P Hodgson

The hotel its self was very nice, however I found that the staff and entertainment was mainly catered for the German guests.

The rooms in the hotel were very nice and the food to a good standard.

the location was not great for what I was wanting, but if you like a quiet holiday then it’s for you.

I would not consider going back to this hotel based on the location and how the staff, in my opinion, were mainly for the German guests.

We have been to this hotel for the... by kirsty161

We have been to this hotel for the last 2 years running and plan to go again this year, in fact were taking the rest of the family with us.

The staff are great especially the head restaurant waiter he is great with kids and adults.

We love the hotel hence why we go back each year, the rooms are cleaned daily and are spotless, if you are lucky enough to get a room with a view over the lake there, even better.

If you’re really into entertainment well maybe it’s not the hotel for you but we really found the entertainment ok and loved watching the kids club every night.

By the end of every holiday there you will go home singing kids songs, whether you realise you have been learning the songs or not.

The best part of the hotel has to be the food, there was something for everyone, whether a veggie meat lover (there’s more choice of meat than you know what to do with).

Fish dishes, local dishes, salads, veg, choice of potatoes and every flavour of ice cream you can think of.

The breakfasts were all great too with a choice of either cooked breakfast (full English) or fruit and toast also they have a really large choice of continental choices too.

The pool area is very clean and as long as you’re up early you can get a lounger.

It’s about 10 min walk to the beach and what a beach it’s great, they have daily boat trips and I highly recommend them there a great way to see the coast line and we even saw dolphins from a boat near Cala san Vincent.

All in all a fab holiday at the Amapola made great by great food, great staff and a great hotel.

My Fiancé and I went to Alcudia... by W McMahon

My Fiancé and I went to Alcudia which was our 3rd holiday that year (Tenerife in January and Lanzarote in June) but the best by far was here.

The food was brilliant and the weather was fantastic.

Was nice and quite during the day to lie around the pool (plenty of sun loungers), there was daytime and evening activities.

The beach is 5mins away and even less to the shops.

Every pub/restaurant we went to people where very friendly and helpful.

The local train/bus ride is a must lets you explore the resort in more detail.

The best holiday I’ve ever had and will be back.

We went to Playa de Muro in September... by  K Jackson

We went to Playa de Muro in September 2006 for 1 week. The area was fantastic with a beautiful beach and plenty of shops, bars and restaurants. The buses were scary - people were crammed in to the point of being dangerous. A taxi into Alcudia for market day was only 5 euros (far safer).

The weather was very unsettled when we were there with about 3 days of rain and 3 nights of thunder and lightning which was quite spectacular to watch. I believe the weather can be quite unsettled on the island in September (found this out after we booked!). The Amapola hotel was nice, clean and quiet but catered very much for the German market.

We would definitely go back to Playa de Muro again.

We have just spent a fantastic week... by C Hall

We have just spent a fantastic week at this extremely pleasant hotel, which deserves four stars. The food was superb and the location was delightful, away from neighbouring hotels and with a nearby lake. The food was first class every night and the entertainment was tremendous fun. Would certainly go back again and would recommend it to everyone!

I think the Amapola hotel is a great... by J Davies

I think the Amapola hotel is a great hotel and I would definitely recommend it. Firstly there are great facilities for children such as the mini golf course; kids pool and not forgetting the kids’ small play area. There is also a kids club for 1-12 yr olds, which I highly approve. For your older children there are one or two competitions every day which range from volley ball to water polo. For the adults they can join in the games and win certificates also they can have games of darts. At night, after an evening meal, there is a kiddies disco then a little sort of presentation where the reps give out the certificates. Later on there is evening entertainment every night which me and my family highly enjoyed.

When we arrived the coach driver took our cases to the door of the hotel and when we went to the reception for our keys, the receptionist was very polite and helpful. We were on the first floor, which was very handy as my aunt has arthritis and it would take her very long to get down the stairs. The rooms were very clean and hygienic and had 2 single beds with a bunk bed for the kids. I do admit the rooms were pretty small but there was enough room for everything we needed. The veranda had a great view and the bathroom was very presentable.

The breakfast was served 8am-10am and dinner 6:30pm-8:30pm. There was a wide selection of different foods at both meals and the manager of the restaurant was very pleasant and funny.

In the mornings, you would have to put your towels and belongings on a sun bed and table if you wanted one because the demands for them were very high.

All in all I found the visit to the Amapola highly pleasing and I am going to visit again at the end of May!

Read more reviews of Grupotel Amapola at TripAdvisor

Stayed at Grupotel Amapola? Share your insight.

Grupotel Amapola also called

• grupotel amapola hotel
  • grupotel amapola playa de muro
  • Address: Urb. Las Gaviotas S/N Circuito Del Lago 49, Majorca 07458, Spain