Saturnia International Hotel

Good

Room: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Saturnia International Hotel

Venice is the perfect place for a...

"Venice is the perfect place for a romantic holiday, and this was the perfect hotel to stay in, built in the early 1900's it had plenty of character, some amazing furniture, and very helpful staff.

One of the best things about this hotel though was its perfect location, just a short walk to St. Marks Square.

The rooms were a good size, and breakfast of a good quality, for its location it’s probably the best value in Venice.

Just one downside, the bathroom could have done with some modernization. But overall its worth all of its 4 stars.

by M Coles

The Hotel Saturnia is just a great 4...

"The Hotel Saturnia is just a great 4 stars hotel in the very center of Venice, located just close to St. Mark's Square and the Grand theatre La Fenice.

Nice rooms, and nice service for this typical Venetian hotel which is also very well known for its restaurant La Caravella, that especially during summer-time serves in the typical Venetian courtyard. What a lovely place!

Remarkable breakfast which is included in room rate. I have booked to their web site directly.

by M Martin

Fabulous Location

"We stayed at the Saturnia in February 2004 for 2 nights. This hotel is fantastic - the rooms are suprisingly spacious with nice modern bathrooms. The staff are charming and there to help you make the most of your stay in Venice - I thoroughly recommend booking a gondola through the hotel concierge - the gondola will pick you up from a door at the back of the hotel and there's no better way to see Venice than from the water.

The location of the hotel is excellant a few minutes walk from the Square and right by all the lovely shops!!!

We loved it and will certainly be returning to the Saturnia sometime in the future.

Recommended without hesitation

"The Saturnia is an oasis of calm in the very busy San Marco sector of Venice. The location is excellent, allowing quick and easy walking access to St. Mark's Square in one direction and the Accademia Bridge in the other. The rooms are clean, adequately air-conditioned and furnished in traditional Venetian furniture. Our top floor room had a large awning-covered terrace overlooking the inner courtyard below and across the rooftops of Venice. A substantial buffet breakfast is served in the restaurant or outdoor courtyard (weather-permitting). The staff is professional, courteous and helpful. They responded promptly to my emails, provided an ombrella when it was raining and arranged a water taxi at the back door of the hotel for an early morning departure for the airport. This hotel and its professional staff are truly worthy of the other accolades they have received by other TripAdvisor commentaries."

by A TripAdvisor Member

Everything it claims to be

"We stayed at the Saturnia for three nights in April of 2002. The location is wonderful. It is quite easy to walk to the major tourist sites, or just stroll around town. They also provided a private taxi that took us to Murano when everyone else was stranded by the strike! The breakfast was excellent and far more substantial than most other places we stayed in Italy. The room was small, quiet and comfortable, but hardly luxurious. It did overlook a canal with touring gondolas every evening. It was exactly what we wanted at the time. The desk staff was courteous and efficient and took care of every request quickly. We did not try their restaurant."

Wonderful Hotel!

"We have just returned from a 2 night stay in the Hotel Saturnia in Venice. The staff is extremely professional and helpful. The hotel is beautifully decorated in the Venetian style. Our room was a family room which had a loft for our children and a new bathroom as well. The location of the hotel is fabulous for exploring Venice. You are within 2 minutes walk of San Marco square but out of all of the crowds. We loved staying here & will stay here again."

by Trip Advisor from Dallas, TX

Excellent Hotel

"In September we stayed 3 nights at this hotel and loved it! Our clean and spacious room on the 4th or 5th floor had hardwood floors, king bed and a nice terrace balcony. I think the terrace was overlooking the garden/patio for the restaurant and we could just faintly hear the nice music from the restaurant below (but none of the aroma). The hotel staff was very friendly and efficient without being always overbearing for a gratuity. Even though our room had the nice balcony, each evening we went up to the rooftop terrace and had a glass of wine and some cheese while admiring the sunset over the city of Venice...really, very pleasant and one of the true benefits of the hotel! This is one of those type hotels that doesn't get "luxury" ratings, but it does have fine character, location and charm without the ridiculous prices. It is a gem. We would definitely go there again when in Venice."

A must stay

"This hotel is fabulous!!! We stayed in a "family room" Myself, wife, and two kids ages 3 & 5. We had plenty of room, a canal view, and a kitchenette we were not expecting. The staff went out of their way to makes us and the children feel welcomed. We booked a baby sitter through the hotel and the kids loved her! More importantly my wife and I got a night on the town ALONE! The only negative I can say about this place, was my cappaciuno was far too hot. I couldn't drink it. The rates were great! The service was great! Location was great. Most of all quiet at night. we had friends who stayed at The Hotel Bauer, their concierge sent them to our hotel for dinner!"

Best Hotel in San Marco

"Someone recommended to me the Hotel Saturnia on Marzo Street in Venice. I have never been to Italy so had to trust someone's judgment. The prices were very reasonable considering the hotel is a 4-star hotel. A tremendous breakfast including eggs, bacon, bread, cereal, juice and the most delicious coffee you can drink is included in the price. The rooms are old-fashioned but impeccable in cleanliness, with every convenience. The best part of the hotel is the staff. They were the most wonderful, gracious and kind people I have ever met and went out of their way to make me feel at home in a strange city. They helped me with tours, long distance phone calls and any other problem I had at any hour- The best hotel in Venice, without a doubt."

Loved this hotel

"My husband, 2-yr old son and I recently stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and all I can say is I didn't want to leave. I agree with others that the concierge was superb and the location can not be beaten (2 minute walk from Piazza San Marco). We had a room that faced the canal which was very charming and comfortable. The bathroom in our room (no. 50) was brand new and immaculate. The breakfast (included in the room rate) was wonderful considering at most European hotels you are lucky to get a croissant. The hotel provided a complimentary private water taxi to Murano and a tour of a glass factory (which we found later would have cost us 140 Euro). After the great experience we had here, I would never consider staying anywhere else in Venice."

Great Hotel!

"We just got back from a 6 night honeymoon and stayed the whole trip at Hotel Saturnia! This hotel is awesome. We stayed in one of the rooms that face the small canal in back. I HIGHLY recommend that you request this room as it is one of the nicer rooms in the hotel. The staff goes out of their way to help/accomadate any questions or requests you have. We felt very pampered and will stay here exclusivly anytime we go back. The location is ideal, do not have ANY reservations about this hotel it's one of the best in Venice. Clean, friendly and worth every penny! Breakfast is plentiful and should not be passed up. I wish we could have stayed longer... what an amazing trip."

by rrobinhhalk

Enjoyed Venice and the Saturnia

"We stayed at the Saturnia during the Easter Holday in April 2004. Flew Easyjet and got a fair deal at the hotel... (after Expedia 'deals' kept falling through) 3 days and 2 nights...

It is well located for St Marks Square and Venice in general...

A couple of tips... do go to Murano, the glass blowing Island. But be careful when they wheel you into the glass blowing demo when you land there... We saw some fairly heavy looking guys(sharp suits, sunglasses etc) who seemed to be leading us towards expensive stuff...it is a nice place with loads of shops so get out and do it in your time...

Take a water taxi to or from the hotel or both.... How many places can you go from the airport to your hotel's back door like this, queueing behind gondolas(on the way home)before you hit the open water... as a speedboat -hardly feels like a traffic jam.... do it ! In contrast the waterbus sounds and feels like a bus...OK but not special...

Oh, the hotel.. great breakfast, everything there , buffet style , sets you up for the day.., and generally very friendly... quiet , despite being central...

Venice... recommended... you can lose yourself, the masks. leather goods, glass, the ice cream... etc, no traffic , unless you count the boats,

Even the kids (13 and 9) were happy..

Enjoy...

Read more reviews of Saturnia International Hotel at TripAdvisor

Map for Saturnia International Hotel Closest airport: Venice Marco Polo (VCE) 4.7 miles