Golden Star Apartments

14 Lefkolas, Protaras 5312, Cyprus
hotel photo

Stayed at Golden Star Apartments?

Share your opinion.

Good

Room: 8.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

« 13 4 5 »
Hi everyone, after reading all the...

"Hi everyone, after reading all the reviews we (wife & I) booked our holiday back in Feb 07. The transfer to the hotel was awful taking 2hrs 5mins with 15 drops and yes we were the last to disembark. As you can imagine this was not a great start but within 15mins it was all behind us.

The accomodation was great with plenty of space and all the requirements for a SC holiday. Our room was on the side and we had great views of the Med and part of the town. There are loads of bars and restaurants to visit within yards of the hotel so no lack of variety. The only downside was the infestation of Elvis impersonators so I would suggest you make every effort to avoid them.

The Greek Cypriots are lovely people and always make you feel welcome and special almost everywhere you visit. The area of Protaras is really nice and the beaches/sea is fabulous making it a really relaxing holiday. We did see a cloud one day but after about 30mins it vanished.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and if you take the time to chat to them you will learn how difficult some of their lives have been and how they pulled through.

Our favourite bar (and everyone has one) was The Zodiac and the owner was a brill guy named Panikos. I guarantee within 30secs of you finishing that drink he or 1 of his staff was their to fetch you that next well deserved top up!!! - But watch out for the cocktails as we walked twice as far on the way back.

Driving is so easy so if possible I would recommend hiring a car and just do your own thing - Cape Greco (Konnos Beach) which is beautiful - Troodos Mtns - and anywhere else south of the Turkish border.

Thank you Cyprus/Protras for making our holiday a memorable one and WE WILL BE BACK!!!

Mick/Lizzy - From Nottingham

by M Peters

We had a fabulous time staying at the...

"We had a fabulous time staying at the Golden Star Apartments. Beautiful beach 5 minutes away, the staff and locals couldn't be nicer.

The good old Rising Sun Pub across the road is great, celeb lookalikes and karaoke every night. Just up the street on Protaras' main strip there's no end to the entertainment. We really had a great time and would definitely go back.

by B.M. Logan

Brilliant place to go, just 1 min...

"Brilliant place to go, just 1 min away from the beach where the water is crystal clear. No kids club or entertainment at night but you can go to the sister hotel just across the road or go to the 'Rising Sun' pub where its really lively and Jimmy will always make you welcome.

Do take a boat trip with a glass bottom and you can also swim in the deep crystal clear water where the fish swim right up to you.

On the whole its a brilliant place to go and would come back any day.

by Kyle Doak

I am only back from the hotel...

"I am only back from the hotel yesterday 5/9/07 and I fink the hotel is not up 2 standerd. The women at reception was not nice, the floor got washed once wen I was there. Room got serviced 2 times a week, the pillow had yellow staines on it, the balconey was dirrty did not get washed once. When we were there the bathroom had ants everywhere. The pool was good the restrunt beside the pool was good, bar staff there were really nice and the supermarket was nice to go to, but overall the hotel was not nice. I wudnt recommend it to ppl to be honset go to the Vrissana its lovely :)"

by C Carr

The Golden Star apartments have an...

"The Golden Star apartments have an excellent location, right on the beach and beside a supermarket which we used a lot and was really handy. The bar was good, as was the food in the Yianna Marie restaurant. We were always able to get sun loungers, there are plenty round the pool and they continue on to the grass verge which is between the beach and the pool.

We could see the sea from our balcony and the sink, shower and toilet looked like they'd been replaced quite recently, but apart from that I haven't got much else to say about the apartments that's positive. We were quite disappointed when we arrived, but you kind of get used to it and don't spend much time there anyway. Here we go: the floor tiles were chipped, the walls needed painting, the kitchen area needed bleaching, the bathroom door was crumbling away, cracked tiles in bathroom and cockroaches (3 altogether). Basically it was really shabby and in desperate need of an update. We didn't sleep that well as the halls were really echoey. Also there were raves going on in the Bikini Bar (just on the beach) with REALLY loud music (it seemed like the room was vibrating). This went on till 4 am, not every night, probably about 5 nights altogether (both Saturdays). All the guests were complaining. We were told it was a public holiday and that the police weren't doing anything about it.

We had a really good holiday, everyone we met was really nice and the kids had a great time and made lots of friends. We would go back to Protaras, its a great family resort (we've been 8 times before) but would not stay in the Golden Star (or Rusty Star as we nicknamed it) again.

by A Taylor

Just come back from a week in...

"Just come back from a week in Protaras. This hotel was brilliant, the staff were friendly and so helpful. The room was basic but very clean. Air-con a must as it does get hot. I think the star rating for this should be higher; perfect holiday all round.

Close to all the bars, restaurants and the beach. Must go to Fig Tree Bay and the square bar next to McDonald’s, just to see one of many Elvis impersonators. Try the Flintstones restaurant - food 10/10 and staff so friendly. All in all 11/10 holiday.

by  A Kelly

Just returned from a 2 week holiday,...

"Just returned from a 2 week holiday, had a brilliant time overall, the location of the hotel was fantastic as it was just on the beach. The beach was very clean, the sea very clear and lots of water sports to do; also many good restaurants and bars close by.

The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful, however the hotel was very dated and the floors un-swept, towels were only changed twice a week along with the rooms. The security at the hotel was poor, keys for all rooms were left behind reception and on returning staff didn't request identification before handing over room keys, we were even given the wrong key on one occasion.

The area of Protaras and the weather made up for the hotel, and I would return to the area in the future.

by Hodgson

The Golden Star apartments were just...

"The Golden Star apartments were just as excellent a base to explore Cyprus as they were 4 years ago.

The hotel has a lovely pool area, sunbeds available throughout the day no one leaves towels on! Then just 100 yards to the gorgeous sandy beach with an abundance of watersports available.

A restaurant serving delicious food on site and a pub/bar with nightly entertainment across the road.

A supermarket 50 metres away and a short 5 minute walk up the street takes you to the bustling high street with too many restaurants, shops and bars to mention!

We had a superbly relaxing holiday and were made so welcome by the staff at the Golden Star ( we even got a bottle of wine for returning - and that’s after 4 years!).

We recommend Protaras and the Golden Star apartments to families and couples alike - you'll have a smashing time guaranteed!

by H Hallos

I would like to say that the Golden...

"I would like to say that the Golden Star in Protaras was a lovely set out hotel, very clean.

The staff were very friendly. All amenities are close by. The sister hotel rising star just over the road (that’s if you can stop yourself entering the rising sun pub, where once inside you get carried away with karaoke singing. And talented look alike stars).

As you stroll along side the swimming pool over a small grass area, you are on the beach, where its lovely and shallow for young children to play. I would advise anybody to pay this area a visit, and I’m sure you will return as we intend to in the future, cannot fault it at all.

by C L Taylor

Just returned this week from here....

"Just returned this week from here. And as always the Golden Star was fab experience!

We were also there in October last year so I do know what I'm talking about when I praise the cleanliness and friendliness of the apartments.

Memnia and her staff make you feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble. The maid came every day and it's wonderful after a day's heavy sunbathing to get into a freshly made bed with crisp cotton sheets!

Protaras itself is very commercial and not really my cup of tea - but for my four children ranging from 8 years to 17 years there is something for everybody. Evening entertainment is everywhere.

With regard to eating out I would highly recommend the Hippocampus for reasonably priced excellent food with no fuss. For a lovely atmosphere, brilliant service and high quality food I would always recommend the Ianna Marie restaurant right on the beach front. Very romantic...................

We will be going again in Sept/Oct and would not contemplate staying anywhere except the Golden Star.

by H W

Absolutely fantastic! I would...

"Absolutely fantastic! I would recommend The Golden Star to anyone! Only a short walk to both the beach and the high street, it couldn't be situated any better!

The rooms were basic but you had everything you needed, cleaned everyday with fresh towels! The view was fantastic as I had 2 balconies, a small one with a view of the pool area and a bigger one with a view of the sea (There were only a few with 2 balconies so if possible ask for a sea view).

The staff at the hotel were great, couldn't have been more helpful! Although the maid didn't speak English and it took me a while to ask for a tea-towel!

The restaurant was...ok, They made a few mistakes with our orders a few times but they couldn't apologise enough and it was quickly sorted. The food was good as was the service.

There is a pub right outside the hotel, 'The rising sun'; entertainment every night followed by karaoke, which believe it or not was very good. Again the staff couldn't have been more helpful, only had to get out of my seat to use the toilet.

All in all absolutely fantastic! loved it. I would definitely go the golden star again!

Oh and i would definilety recommend going on the 'Jeep Safari' trip! Had to be the best day of my holiday! Took us around Cyrpus with some fantastic views!

I can't say a bad word about it to be honest!!

by N S

Apartment was fantastic, staff very...

"Apartment was fantastic, staff very friendly and helpful. I will be going back next year.

It was the best holiday I’ve ever had and can’t wait to go back. The hotel could not be in a better place as its a 2 minute walk up the road from all the shops, plus you have a supermarket right outside the hotel, as well as a pub with shows on every day.

I was very happy with the room couldn’t ask for anything better.

Public transport is very good with a bus stop at the top of the road and only 80 cents to go from A to B.

There is a fantastic restaurant next to the hotel, that has a great range of food to choose from.

by Jb Brown

« 13 4 5 »

Map for Golden Star Apartments Closest airport: Larnaca International (LCA) 25.7 miles
Golden Star Apartments photos (1 traveller photos)