Odessa Hotel

hotel photo

Stayed at Odessa Hotel?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Food: 9/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Odessa Hotel

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
lovely hotel by LondonJordan

After reading some of the reviews for the odessa i was expecting the hotel to be bad but i must say what a lovely hotel it is.It is clean and the decor is not that bad,the rooms were cleaned every day to a good standard.

The food was very nice and different stuff to eat most evenings,we enjoyed our stay and would go back again.

This was a lovely hotel in 1999... by BurnsieBrighton

I know this hotel was fabulous in 1999 because there were lots of awards hanging up in reception telling me that! And to be honest it COULD be a lovely hotel again it's just in dire need of a refurbishment.

I do not think it is a 4 star hotel, it should be downgraded to a 3 until (if) the refurb happens.

Ignoring the fact the hotel is tired and dated the pool area is nice with plenty of sunbeds. The bar is quite handy (but expensive) and the entertainment staff are on hand to stop you getting bored if you're not into lying in the sun all day. Plus it's just a minutes walk to the pretty beach. The staff here are friendly and polite, particularly the evening receptionist (he's very amusing!).

The rooms are of a fair size and are kept spotless. As the rest of the hotel they are a bit dated but they are comfortable with everything you'd need for your stay. The bathroom is OK, showers are nice and powerful but the floor would always be soaked by the time we'd finished - we took to standing on the far side almost pressed against the wall to avoid this happening!!

The worst thing about this hotel is the food, it's generally overcooked and tasteless. If you like pork that's as hard as nails I'm sure you're onto a winner. We were on a half board basis and were so pleased not to be there on all inclusive as I don't think we could have eaten there all the time.

We were lucky to have got a good deal on this hotel so we were happy enough. If we'd paid full price I would not have been impressed.

So, in summary - Hotel is OK but dated. Rooms are clean but dated. Pool area is nice. Food is TERRIBLE!!! Fine for a week in the sun and if your expectations are low.

Would I stay there again? Only if I got it on a good deal OR if they've refurbished the rooms and fired the chef.

Lovely hotel and surrounding by Rak26

Odessa Hotel is a lovely,clean and friendly hotel. I was in a group of 3 adults I and my friend who are 26 and my friend mum.

We were there for 11 nights as all inclusive guests.

We arrived at the hotel in the early hours of the morning, when we got to reception there was a nice Australian man who greeted us and gave us the key to our room. We were informed about all the meal times and also the time for our welcome meeting the next morning. We got the lift to our room on the 4th floor (the lift is tiny) Once we were in the room we looked around and was vey pleased. It was a good size room we were a bit concerned as all 3 of us were in one room but there was no problem about space. We had 2 beds and a camp bed. Wardrobe was standard (not many hangers I took a few of my own) good draw space and good mirror. Bathroom was not so big,quite a tight squeeze, shower was quite powerful. Plugs are normal no need for ADAPTORS. Please remember to take mossie repellant, got bitten loads.

Our room looked over the swimming pool which was nice and also could see the entertainment area to.

Food - Breakfast was great had full on breakfast with everything,

Lunch-was average, I wasnt to keen on lunch as didnt really have much to offer and was pretty much the same most days.

Dinner- was very nice, had a choice of most things, pasta, roast dinner etc different most nights. If your a veg you should let the hotel know as not much choice apart from veg, potatoes and fish if you eat that.

Odessa has a nice dining area, you get seated and u have drinks bought to your table while you get your buffet.

Entertainment wasnt so great at the time I went but I put it down to being quite early into the summer season. The Hotel animation team done cabret shows few times, we had a Robbie Williams Tribute,magic show etc.

Few nights we went out to the strip lots and lots of shops,bars and eating places. Robin Hood was a nice bar with entertainment, we watched a bit of Blue Brothers there.

Beach is not far from the hotel, 5 mins behind the hotel pool and yr there. They charge 2euro per bed and 2 for the umberella. Sand is lovely however bit rocky in the water. We took a submarine boat excursion on the beach it was 10 euro not great trip. Coca cola boat on the beach is suppose to be better its 14 euro we didnt get chance to do that but was def recommended.

Fig Tree bay was the best beach, its at the end on the strip its only about 15 mins walk, I hate walking but I managed it. It was a lovely beach with nice water and sand bottom no rocks. Peaceful atmosphere to. Fig Bay restaurent is where we had lunch and it was lovely.

Other excursions we done was the Cypiriot night out which is on a Tues cost 33 euro which includes coach trip, food and entertainment. I enjoyed the evening we had greek dancing and they even get you to join in food wasnt great though.

We also done a jeep safari to Trudos Mountains (book this outside your hotel as its 20 euro cheaper.Cost 48 euro Make sure you go into an excursion shop though not jus on the street) This was a nice excursion it was a bumpy ride on a very hot day but the driver was informative on what we were seeing out there, we visited the old town villages to see the cypriot way of living, a monastry,silver and lace factory etc.

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel at all. You will have a good time.

Please email me if you have any questions I wolud love to help or even your thoughts when you come back from there.

(rthapar21@hotmail.com)

Great location, well worth going by StaceyKent

Never having been to Cyprus, we didn't have a clue what to expect but was pleasantly surprised.

The reception area was impressive and the staff there were friendly. We arrived just after 5pm and went out to look at the pool and realised the barman at the pool bar had the right raging hump with someone who wanted to help themselves to an all-inclusive ice cream - he shouted at them "no free ice cream after 5!". We were a bit scared of him after that but he seemed friendly enough, must have been having an off day!

The bar staff don't speak great english and when my husband ordered a beer top, he nearly ended up with a pint of lemonade.

The room was clean and unlike some people, we don't worry if the tiling's not up to much so we had no complaints. We reported a light bulb had gone in the bathroom and within ten minues, someone was knocking on our door with one.

The only thing we weren't happy with was that all inclusive guests like us had a very limited and poor lunch menu (cold chips etc), whereas non all inclusives had a choice from a full menu, and instead of a limp lettuce and soggy tomato, they had piles of fresh salad to go with their huge meals. I ended up just having a buttered roll and banana most days.

The pool area had plenty of sunbeds and there wasnt a huge rush to save them first thing. The local school boys only came to use the pool on Tuesday afternoon, they stayed for about half an hour and left.

The hotel was well located, close to the beach and the strip.

I wouldn't advise going with First Choice, our rep was rubbish and they couldn't even organise the coaches back to the airport properly, resulting in a two hour delay back.

This was our 10th visit to the... by Whyman

This was our 10th visit to the Odessa, and it is still as good as the first time. The staff were friendly as usual. The food was good and had plenty of a selection, with a different theme every night. They even catered for a food allegy.

The room was large and spacious as well as clean, which was cleaned daily, plus new towels every day.

The Odessa is idealy located for the beach and the main resort, with shops and bars within a few minutes walk.

It was nice to walk in to reception day or night and be greeted by Koulla or Tony, and they would always have time for a chat.

The Odessa is now like going home and we have already booked for 2008. (but may be more expensive now they are moving over to the Euro.)

Absolutely Fantastic!!! by BluBambu

Six of us stayed here and we'd asked for adjoining rooms, We got 3 rooms - all connecting but doors could be locked from either side for privacy - overlooking the pool. The welcome on arrival was great. Location of hotel just couldn't have been better. Five minutes walk onto beach, close to watersports facilities, and five minutes in the other direction for main street with bars and shops. Restaurant was good but as in most holiday hotels the selection of food becomes a bit samey. We stayed on the All-Inclusive basis but this didn't include drinks in the hotels' on-site Victoria bar. This was a bit disappointing as this bar had more ambience than the pool side bar at times. Entertainment throughout the holiday was great and the entertainments team were very easy to get along with and good fun. Definitely contributed to our holiday. They provided us with lots of local knowledge and tips and information which was above and beyond their remit. Hotel rooms were clean and tidy and no problems experienced at all. All hotel staff very friendly and accomodating. A good choice.

Great Hotel by Andy3660

We have just come back from a weeks stay at the Odessa and all in all were very pleased with the hotel.

Staff are all very friendly, rooms tidy and cleaned everyday. Air conditioning is a godsend. Only a 2 minute walk to a beach that has a variety of watersports and a glass bottom boat/submarine which costs around €10 for a 90 minute trip.

Evening meals we found were very much hit or miss, but there are plenty of restaurants around if you are not happy.

The safety deposit box was around €13 for the week, and the fridge was €2 per day. Please note, the fridge and TV are additional costs which we were not informed of by our travel agent.

Overall, I would recommend to a friend.

this was my first holiday to cyprus... by K Lawson

this was my first holiday to cyprus so i wanted a 4/5 star accomodation and this hotel certainly didn't let me down.! the location was excellent with many bars and shops around. the hotel was very clean, the food plentiful and always something different to choose from - and the kids didn't go hungry either. the room was air conditioned, a free fridge and safe (extra charge but worth it for peace of mind!). daily maid service with clean sheets everyday. lovely pool and sea view from the balcony. entertainment each night and 'kids time' with entertainment too. plenty of sun beds and lovely big freshwater pool with infatables for the kids.

couldn't fault any of it ! would go back tomorrow! recommended!

Stayed two week half board with my... by C Scotty

Stayed two week half board with my boyfriend. We are both 22. This hotel is most definitely a four star (Greek standard). Cyprus (the Greek part) is GREEK! All these moans about it being a three star! I expected the worst. But obviously these folk have never stayed in a 3 star in Greece (not recommended)! In all honesty if you are used to Spain then it is probably a 3star plus. But it is spacious, clean, tidy, fresh, and we were very happy with what we got. We paid extra for a full sea view room which we really enjoyed but at such a quiet time of year (begin to mid Oct) I think we could have got that anyway. When we first went into our room it was only a side view, but having paid EXTRA I had to explain what happened. The manager was fairly good but the other reception lady had an attitude problem with us the rest of the time we were there. I only asked to get what I had paid for. Anyway, such is life, and other than that the hotel was good. It felt safe, which is very important when you are in a new country! Entertainment staff really did try and get you doing stuff. We played water volley ball almost every day - I LOVED IT! Lots of entertainment on at night, though we ventured out most of the time. Or sat in our balcony listening to music and the sound of the ocean. We lit candles and everything. God, it was so romantic and special! I love holidays! PRICE OF DRINKS IS TOTAL CON IN HOTEL POOL BAR! STAY AWAY! Cost £6.50 (which is about 8 pounds sterling for two 25ml measures of vodka and one can of coke). Protaras is expensive. But you can still get cheap drink and reasonable food if you look for it. Some bars are £1-2 for a cocktail (about £2 sterling) which is good. You do get sick of the sweetness though! Entertainment was well....repetitive and after the second night we were sick of Karaoke - EVERY BAR has one. And it's really annoying. I'm a professional singer so it was my nightmare to come to a place where everyone is trying really hard to....I don’t even know, impress people? But down a couple of drinks, just go with it. Everyone is really just looking to enjoy their holiday. You have to just except the vibe for what it is. We met (and had fab nights) with other couples and we came to the conclusion that most people our age are probably thinking the same thing (where's the 20 year olds and where the nearest place that doesn't do karaoke?!) Back to the Odessa.... Maids, so friendly and lovely, and did their job wonderfully. Food.... Everything they served was very good, though THERE WAS HARDLY A CHOICE! At night time, there was either chicken (but not breast it was all skinned and fatty looking) or porky lamb things. There was hardly ever fish (which is so fresh abroad it was a letdown). So we had breakfast and lunch instead of breakfast and dinner (most nights). Lunch was good. There was usually fresh fish, the nicest pizza, pasta, lovely salads, and soup. Better selection than at dinner. But as I said, it was a quiet time of year, perhaps they took away 80% of the selection - and everything was good - just a lack of choice! POOL- LOVED IT! Was really clean and big and it wasn't really any problem getting a sun bed as it was a quiet time of year. Weather - FANTASTIC! Local Beach - First day we checked it out, it was kind of dirty looking, fag ends everywhere. Then we checked it out again after a few days and it had obviously been cleaned as it was nice looking. THE WATER (sea) was the clearest I have ever been in. It was luke warm and so beautiful. Really helps you to feel calm and relaxed. Fig tree beach- Not MUCH nicer than our local beach, but it’s busier and has a livelier feel. NISSI BEACH (Ayia Napa) Lovely as well, clear waters, a lot of younger (our age) people (lots of girls if your males looking for some love). most beaches have lots of fag ends on the sand which annoyed me. And there is no smoking ban (unlike Scotland). I forgot how ignorant smokers can be! Hired a car to see some sights. Well worth it but plan your routes well in advance, maybe ask the rep because maps and sign posting was hard to follow and spent most of the time lost! Driving itself was easy as it’s the same side of the road as back home! Played crazy golf which was so much fun. Couple of places just down from hotel. Went through to Ayia Napa throughout the days a couple of times, did some sightseeing. Enjoyed it. Has more to offer than Protaras which has obviously been built for one reason - tourists! Ayia Napa, although quite touristy, had little local bits too. And it also felt safe. Protaras and the Odessa hotel were our home for two weeks. We had a wonderful time together and made the most of everything. It was expensive and I don't think we will be back as there are plenty more wonderful places to explore in the world but if you have booked to go here - you will have a fab time! Just see it for what it is, relax, drink, eat, meet people, spend time with whoever you are with and enjoy the world go by. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

The Odessa is a lovely Hotel, rooms... by J Maxwell

The Odessa is a lovely Hotel, rooms clean and spacious. We were lucky enough to have a room with a sea view.

The food was nice, although we did eat out some nights, the holiday worked out cheaper to stay half board than B&B.

Lovely pool and surroundings, and only a 2 minute walk to the beach. The beach was amazing, soft pale sands and clear water, couldn't have asked for anything more. It cost around 7 Euros to hire two sunbeds and a parasol; this was needed as it gets very hot come the afternoon.

We took a trip on the Coca Cola Boat - we didn’t pick the best day, the only day of the holiday which was cloudy and the sea was extremely choppy!!

Protaras itself is a great resort, plenty of bars/restaurants - highly recommend the "Friends bar.” We had a brilliant holiday and hope to return sometime soon.

very relaxing holiday by happytripper41

We booked this hotel close to our departure date on the recommendation of the travel agent so a bit unsure of what to expect. We needn't of worried. We have had a lovely week.

The staff throughout the hotel were always very friendly and helpful. The reception and bar areas were always clean and tidy. Our third floor room was comfortable and not in need of decoration as previous reviews stated, maybe, we were lucky. The food was well cooked and presented and a good choice was always available for you to try something different. There was plenty of things to do, both day and night if you wish to join in or just laze by the pool or take the very short walk to the lovely beach. You are close to all the shops and bars/restaurants.

We found it a good base to visit the surrounding areas, both on the buses (this was a bit of an experience) and by car.

We would definately visit the Odessa again.

loved cyprus by akpLondon

Found the hotel to be o.k. but nothing special. The staff were all eager to please and very friendly.We stayed on a half board basis and found the breakfast to be the same each day and the evening meals to be varied and of a reasonable standard. The room was fairly good with all you needed. A key could be hired for the fridge at a cost of 6.50 cypus pounds and the safe was 7.50 for the week.The pool area was good with a poolside bar and plenty of sunbeds for this time of year but if the hotel was busy I think you would struggle to get one.A short walk to the beach which was very sandy and full of cigarette ends but had plenty of watersports and sun beds for as far as you could see.Protarus area was lively and had plenty of restuarants and themed bars if you like Friends or Only fools and horses.All in all we thought it was an o.k. place to stay for a short visit with plenty to do.We shall return to Cyprus but will go the Pathos area as this seemed to have more to offer .Great area for a week but no longer.Overall the people of Cyprus make your stay a pleasant one so go and enjoy.Happy travels.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Stayed at Odessa Hotel? Share your insight.

Map for Odessa Hotel Closest airport: Larnaca International (LCA) 25.6 miles
Odessa Hotel photos (5 traveller photos)