Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol

Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol

1 2 »
Excellent

"I really reccommend a juinior suite with the pool it really is a great experience. The management and staff are all very friendly and couldn't do enough for us.

Nice surroundings clean and classy we loved it and next time we go back there we'll definately booking here again. Spa facilities are great too!

• Holiday details: Jan 2011, half board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Deafinately go and try it its a great place for a holiday
by Tony

Disappointed

"We recently stayed at the newly renovated Amathus Beach Hotel. Our initial reaction was that this was not a 5 star hotel nor did it warrant to be a Leading Hotel of The World.... however we had heard positive comments from friends of ours who had stayed there last year and who had commented how great the service and attention had been.

Sadly we were very disappointed with this too.... nobody seemed to care whether we were seated or not, service was slow and unfriendly. We went down to the Spa and were greeted by a girl at reception. She seemed friendly unlike so many of the other staff, but at some point we required some additional information and she asked the Spa Manager to come through and help us. Well it was obvious from the start that he had very limited knowledge about Spas on the whole. My husband and I utilise Spas in all the hotels that we stay in and believe that we are in a position to accurately assess certain strengths and weaknesses in these areas. Not only was he unfriendly but unknowledgeable too. Eventually we gave up asking what we needed to know and cancelled our treatment altogether.

The absolute "Cherry on the cake" came when one evening while seated in the hotel lobby having a pre-dinner drink a man at a nearby table seated with another man started talking loudly on his mobile phone. We lived for 5 years in Athens when my husband was there on a diplomatic posting so we have a basic understanding of the Greek language, the man at the nearby table started swearing on the phone and when we made a complaint to the bar manager we were greeted with a shrug and a look of embarassement .. my husband persisted and demanded to see the General Manager who we were told was not around... Eventually some other guests in the lobby who realised what was going on came over to us and informed us that they had stayed in the hotel on several occassions in the past (they also commented negatively about the hotels current state of poor service) but most shocking of all we were told that the man swearing on the phone nearby was the Group General Manager! We shall not be returning to the Amathus Beach Hotel and have since sent a complaint letter to the owners of the hotel.

by AOHDublin

Does not appreciate long standing custom; lacks basic management courtesy

"My wife and I have stayed many trimes at the Amathus Beach in Limassol Cyprus. Once it was a very friendly welcoming hotel with high standards of management and courtesy.

It appears certainly after the revamp, THAT THEY ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN THE OLDER RETIRED CUSTOMERS WHO ENJOY GOOD STANDARDS AND, WITHIN REASON, ARE PREPAIRED TO PAY FOR THEM.

After many emails( in reply to requests for comments on what changes for the better they would like) the Front Office manager only replies when pesteref for a couteous reply.

The Executive Director (who always had said 2if you are not happy contact me") not even had the courtesy to reply to either emails or letters.

The NEW Manager not a glimmer!

5star de luxe 'Leading Hotels of theWorld' NEVER

ok the rate of exchange does make a difference but I would have hoped they would have recognised past loyal customers and tried to entice them back. THEY ARE LOSING CUSTOM RAPIDLY.

Probably more interested in the big spenders??

by Stefanantony

Fantastic Honeymoon

"We have just returned from 2 weeks honeymoon, staying at the Amathus Limassol. Now I know it's easy to see everything through rose tinted spectacles as this was indeed a special time, but we can honestly say that this was the most fantastic hotel we have ever stayed in. We were lucky to be in one of the junior suites with a private pool - perfect for lazing in the sun and cooling off every so often. The suite was excellent with great amenities (didn't try the internet and there was no Sky footie on - mind you the new missus didn't mind!). Mini bar prices were reasonable and the room was kept immaculate at all times by a stream of friendly and helpful staff. We had champagne on arrival and also most days we had a complementary glass off the fizzy stuff with a few nibbles. The hotel also gave us a complementary champers breakfast and a dinner too. We were on B&B rate so we ate out quite a lot, but the meals we did have the hotel were absolutely superb and good value. We could take or leave the town of Limassol - not a lot going on (maybe the time of year) and everything is so spread out so you have to take taxis everywhere. There were a host of good eateries near to the hotel, at a variety of prices, and we didn't have a bad meal while were were there. So in summary - if you are after 2 weeks of papmering and luxury and just want to laze around, get tanned and relax, go for this hotel. Mr & Mrs S, Birmingham, UK."

by MrandMrsS2008

I had a wonderful time in this hotel....

"I had a wonderful time in this hotel.

I stayed here for New Year's Eve/Day.

I cannot fault anything. I stayed in a junior suite at a special rating because I'm a cypriot and the whole room decor was lovely. Upon arrival, there were fruits and drinks given as compliments by the hotel manager. The breakfast was also very good and there was an enormous range of food ranging from English to American to European to Middle East breakfast types.

I felt really comfortable here. And I've been to the hotel a few times for breakfast only with my parents when I was younger and the breakfast banquet was really lovely.

My friend stayed at one of the more deluxe junior suites which had a whirpool/mini pool outside. This was such a great asset and a great laugh also. A bunch of us visited our friend and we happily spent all afternoon in the whirlpool. Lunch room service was also very good.

I love their cafe which they have on the ground floor. The coffees are excellent and the cappucinos are very good. The espressos themselves are not bitter but strong, which is just right in my opinion! :)

I went for a wedding reception a few months ago and the grounds were neatly manicured and trimmed and the swimming pool looked gorgeous and a picture of real luxury. I tried the wedding reception food and they were top notch. Beef with horseradish in hot baps. It was lovely. And excellent sparkling wine was served. I cannot fault any of the staff's service.

This is an excellent 5* hotel/resort and I will come back again definitely.

by Wedding Photographer

Book this hotel only if you are deaf

"The noise from the motor cycles is still goin on. We returned on the 12th Septembera fter 14 nights of shear hell. The hotel did nothing and shrugged shoulders and said that nothing could be done. Tour operators know that this is a problem and do nothing we are suing ours. 3am was the latest that the motorcycles stopped. Great hotel otherwise. Watersports were excellent and we did enjoy the jet ski and the banana ride, on those almost everyday.

Jan and Mike

by mike111jan

Wonderful

"We have just got back from this lovely hotel where the staff are so friendly and the hotel was spotlessly clean. We went full board and aprt from a few occasions we ate at the hotel and its restaurants , although you have to pay a supplement for these we did not find them any more expensive than ones outside. The only gripe we had was at the fish taverna, my husband did not get what he ordered and when they eventually changed it i had already finished mine. When we complained about the service the manager was quite rude to us and totally indifferent, all we wanted was an apology but he just stood there chewing gum. At reception we again complained and the duty manager there was very apologetic and concerned about the rudeness, but he then offered us another free evening there which we declined for obvious reasons.

Having had that one moan we just couldnt fault anything else, our room which was a junior suite was beautiful and when we arrived we had a bottle of champagne a bottle of brandy and flowers(was our honeymoon). We were then invited to a champagne breakfast which was stunning in fact enough for 4 people .

We didnt experience any of the complaints other T.A. mention,

maybe we were just lucky because we are quite fussy when it comes to cleanliness .

The bar staff in the evening were really great and nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely go back there again one day.

by 170656

My best vacation

"We just returned back form our vacations from sunny Cyprus. We were so lucky to stay at Amathus Limassol!!! Me, my husband and our daughter of 5 spent one of our best 7-days vacation there. Everything was just perfect, starting from the room (we lived in a Sea View room) and finishing with its fantastic cousine. All the personnel was very friendly and we feel we are really taken care of the whole way! Very good facilities for kids: swimming pool, children menu, and lovely play ground. Before we also stayed in some 5 star hotels in Limassol and I may say thet I never meet such a nice atmosphere. Even houskeepers are so lovely! And of course Amathus has the best beach in Limassol to my opinion. A lot of space is also very important. So if we come to Cyprus again - only Amathus. We are planning to go there for Christmas and I herad they do some special programs for Xmas and NY."

by AnastasiaMB

Not what I expected.

"Broadband is 17 euro a day, unless you get a packet for a week and save a couple of euros. Mail from thunderbird shows as sent but in fact does not go out. Speaking with their IT expert is no help because instead of trying to find the problem, he blames it on your application. Sent email from someone's home from same laptop and the same application and it worked like a dream.

Was on crutches, but given the last room and the longest walk on the floor. Asked to be moved and I was. Reception staff extremely kind and helpful. Bar staff terrific. Some of the older staff have an attitude problem.

Rooms are ok but look a little "tired".

Chipped plates in the restaurant at sea-level.

Feels more like a 4 star hotel and certainly not one of the "leading hotels of the world".

In another post, someone said that the manager has lost the plot and I agree. Hope he finds it soon.

by objective12

Very disappointed

"When booking this hotel we "requested" a sea view, which our travel agent told us they could not guarantee. Had we realised the alternative we wouldn't have continued with our booking.

We arrived on a beautiful hot sunny day and got shown to a room on the road side of the hotel.

Every evening, until the early hours of the morning (worse on Friday and Saturday nights) there were 4 or 5 locals on very noisy motorbikes riding up and down the main strip right outside the hotel.....the double glazing did very little to muffle the noise.

We asked if we could move to a sea view room and were told this wouldn't be possible as the hotel was fully booked. They offered to upgrade us to a suite (at extra cost to us), but advised this also did not have a sea view. We declined. The hotel very obviously was not full.

One evening we went out, leaving the air conditioning on, and came back to a room that absolutely reaked of cigar smoke (we are both non smokers). Someone on our floor was smoking a cigar in their room and it had filtered through the air con into our room. The air con hadn't even cooled the room very much.

A couple of days before departure we asked how much it would cost to keep our room on for a couple of hours as our flight was not leaving until the afternoon, and we had to check out by 12 noon. They wanted to charge us £150 to keep on a second rate room, for a couple of hours. We told them to forget it. Even the trainee receptionist who told us how much it was going to be looked embarrassed saying it.

Having said all of the above, the hotel staff were friendly, and the maids did an excellent job as our room was always very clean.

Across the road from the hotel there is a lovely restaurant called Al Pesto Italian restaurant. The food was great, very relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff.

I definitely would not recommend this hotel, i'm very suprised they are still allowed to associate themselves with the Leading Hotels of the World.

by LJJ07

Hotel Needs Attention - Staff excellent

"My fiance and i were looking for a last minute getaway weekend in the sun. We love staying in the best places and we're prepared to pay extra for good quality - actually we expect it.

After searching many sources, I turned to what has always been a good fall back, Leading Hotels of the World (LHW) for insperation. I am also a Leaders member. Having booked a 1 bed suite for 592 Euro per night (ouch!!) I was amazed to find 2 very average normal hotel rooms that had a connecting door. One room with furniture and the other with 2 single beds pushed together (this, along with shower curtains is one of my pet hates - and this room had both!!). I spoke to the management about my disappointment. they were very nice about things. There was nothing they could do about the issues but they did kindly send us champagne & fruit.

There was nothing about the hotel that was stunning, luxurious or outstanding. How this hotel remains in the LHW club, i really do not know. In my opinion it is an average 4 star hotel that is tired and in desperate need of modernisation.

The good points? - yes there are some. The staff were all very helpful and polite. The rooms were tired but very clean and the location was also very good.

NB - If you must stay here, make sure you get a sea facing room. Check out the "Four Seasons" (it's not a real one!) next door - it's better!

Note to self - don't trust LHW and take more care before booking. This one was done in a rush. Don't use 5 Star Alliance to make bookings.

by JohnLF

Absolute Quality

"Location Superb.

Facilities Superb.

Staff Superb.

Guests Miserable. Who says money buys you happiness?

A lot of the bars etc around the hotel were closed or very quiet. However, the 'Venezia' Restaurant, 500 yards west and opposite the 'Four Seasons' hotel was brilliant, and highly recommended. Couldn't rate any others as we only ate in there.

Not a lot for toddlers to do in the hotel, and fellow guests do tend to frown upon any child's existence. Generally, a hotel full of rich moaning old people.

Well worth the visit for the facilities and staff though.

Will return, if only to wind the wrinklies up.

by Bouncing_Fin

1 2 »

Map for Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol Closest airport: Larnaca International (LCA) 30.7 miles