Golden Coast Beach Hotel

Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Golden Coast Beach Hotel

1 2 3 »
sunny,sandy,golden cyprus

"hotel was superb food good and plentyful.every day was cloudless.sun,sun,and more sun.kiddies pool a bit slippery.indoor pool lovely,free towels around pool,saving you extra baggage room.free safe.private beach.bus into protaras worth 1 euro stop nearby,friendly staff,all the entertainment team worked tirelessly,esp,JUDIT,"

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: have your wedding there
by john

brilliant hotel

"went to the golden coast for 2 weeks for my mums wedding, it was a beautiful hotel and situated right by the sunny beach. all staff are very friendly and couldnt be more helpful. entertainers were happy and encouraged you to join in everything. big thanks to kathy and charlie for entertaining adults and children. lots to choose from for food. best holiday couldnt fault anything.

if your going for a wedding the wedding co-ordinaters treat you brilliant before, during and after the wedding :)

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: relax and make the most of it
by tor

daughters wedding

"me and my family stayed at the golden coast hotel as my daughter got married in the hotel i could not fault anything it was beautiful, a place i would keep going back to"

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by teasy

Good hotel,bit isolated.terrible entertainment

"We went with out 2.5 yr old....erything was 'nice' as you'd expect but on a closer glance things were a bit poor (apart from the food and pool)... we stayed in the new section of the hotel which was a bit of a long walk to reception..lovely pool, ok beach very safe for kids..food was amazing. entertainment was shockingly poor..it was the same 5 people who do all the day time activities. they were all actually great but the budget stage,costumes, really let it all down..it all was just boring and cringingly low budget. apart from that the main downer is that its a 40 minuite walk from protaris centre...where the hotel is there is NOTHING else to do..so its a bus or taxi to do anything other than the pool or beech..also you had to pay a fortune for use of thier wireless ..overall it was ok"

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, Breakfast Included, booked with dial a flight
  • Advice: its ok
by richy rich

Fab Hotel

"My husband and I was married at the Golden Coast hotel in June 2010, we had a fantastic wedding day the wedding rep from Olympic and the wedding organiser at the hotel were fantastic, you can have it very simple or as exstravergant as you would like. We where in a party of 25 ranging from the age of 5months and 65years and there was facilities and entertainment to suit both young families and older couples. My family and I booked alinclusive and found the standard of food to be very high. The lodcation of the hotel was a couple of miles out of Protarus its self but we rarley needed to go off site anyway and when we did the taxis where very reasonable. All together I would definatly recomend this hotel and I would love to go back there again some time."

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Fantastic, better than I could of expected.
by juliarooke

cyprus wedding

"31 family and friends travelled for our wedding which we booked through first choice.

On arrival to cyprus we connected via coach (45mins), no problems.

We stayed for 1 month so really got to know this place like the back of our hands and can only highly recommend this wonderful hotel. Very large clean hotel with the most amazing chefs/food. All inclusive certainly meant all inclusive with personal access to stella pumps during the day! which lots of guest found very helpful! Chef made breakfast every morning and pleasant dining areas inside and out. Weather is fantastic this time of year, and didnt see a cloud until landing at Gatwick! The rooms are fairly standard, but clean, but with the location, which is right next to a small harbour and on a beach, you find that you are out all day soaking up the sun. Watersports, scuba schools and beach volley ball are constant daily. Weddings at this hotel are exceptional, no stress, no fuss, very experienced and totally set up and prepared for weddings. They handle everything (if you let them) from food to photography to locations, which they offer several options in the huge grounds of their hotel. not much in the way of shops too close by, but with a bus stop, or cab rank outside its a short trip into town where you will find usual holiday strips shops bars restaurants etc.

This is very much geared up for families, young and old, terrific value for money, especially at the moment with the pound against the euro!! If you are wondering about this hotel it is lovely so dont worry there are no hidden downers.

Great beach, good food, plenty of kids clubs which are well run and very entertaining for the little ones.

Staff are terrific and cant do enough never had or see any problems with the staff, some are English aswell!!

Real true 4 star with some updating and modernising this would be 5 stars easily! a must do!

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
by teamsmeds

Great location, not so good food

"Just returned from a one week all inclusive stay at the Golden Coast Beach Hotel and can confirm that the hotel is very clean, is in a fantastic location and has most amenities anyone would be looking for in a 4 star rated hotel. The staff, from reception to dining, bar and maid service are absolutely great; couldn’t fault their friendliness and eagerness to help.

Now the down side; the food was just not to our liking, as it seemed the hotel tried to cater for too many nationalities (German, Russian/Balkan, French, Greek, English) much like ‘Jack of all trades and master of none’. Food was re-cycled from lunch to dinner in a slightly different guise (eg without sauce for lunch, plus sauce for dinner) and from dinner to breakfast the following morning.

We had chosen ‘all inclusive’ to help balance the poor currency rate of Pound v Euro, but sometimes wondered if we’d done the right thing ie all wines/spirits are local – any named brands are ‘extra’ and the measures/quality were so poor that there was little taste. On the bright side, we never had a hangover!

Although having paid extra to go all inclusive, in all bars and dining rooms, floor waiters would only accept drink orders from ‘paying guests’ ie those without yellow ‘all inclusive’ wrist bands. Floor waiters would collect glasses from all tables, but stood idle for most of the time, when they could have been taking orders. This made us feel like second class citizens when compared to ‘paying guests’ who could order drinks and have them delivered to their table or sun lounger. Although the First Choice rep took this up with Hotel Management on our behalf, who promised to look into it, nothing changed in the time we were there.

Standard inland rooms have poor views of watermelon and tomato growing fields, so we upgraded to a 4th floor sea view room (@ 12 Euros pp per night) which was well worth it, as we had a 180 degree view of the pool, beach, harbour and neighbouring beaches.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: The half day catamaran boat trip to Famagusata and Konnos Bay is well worth it.
by Blyth28

Little Paradise!!!

"What a little paradise the Golden Coast Hotel is!

My biggest concern before I even choose Golden Coast Hotel, was the food. But now, after 14 days in the hotel, I can say that they have the best food I've ever tasted in my whole life. The food was far to good for a 4 star hotel. I can honestly say that their food was even better than a 5 star hotel.

The location of the hotel is amazing. Very relaxed and quiet place, nice outdoor, indoor pool and jacuzzi. The beach was also great.

The staff really made you feel like home their. Reception staff, maintenance, housekeepers, bar staff etc were all great with us and very friendly. I even made some friends while I was there.

The rooms were spotless, but my only regret is that we should have booked for a sea view instead of an inland view. I really wanted to have a Sea view, but they were all booked at the time we checked in.

Will definitely visit this hotel during this July.

• Holiday details: Jul 2008, Half Board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: The Protaras Aquarium was amazing
  • Good For: Beach, Skiing
by Lukas566

Fantastic

"My husband & I were married at this hotel in September 2007 in the little chapel.

I really could not find fault with this hotel, the staff were amazing and everywhere was clean.

On our wedding day the staff really went out of their way to make it so special for us - I really could not complain about anything!

We ate out of the hotel in the evenings as we went B&B due to the fact we enjoy going to new places to eat. Pernera has a large selection of restaurants which is just a 5-10 minute walk along the coastal path & protaras has an even larger selection.

The hotel has its own beach where we went snorkelling everyday!

Touroughly enjoyed our stay at the Golden Coast and would recommend it to honeymooners & wedding parties!

• Holiday details: Sep 2007, Bed & Breakfast, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Went on a VIP boat trip which was really worth the money.
by Belle2006

Not so Golden

"Firstly - this is certainly not a 4.5* hotel. Just visited during last week of season. Food was terrible and re-cycled from dinner time to evening or evening to the following dinner time. One evening, fish fingers, hot dogs and overcooked lamb chop for evening meal. Ended up eating out.

All inclusive was terrible. Would not serve ice cream to children - wanted 7 Euro's for 3 scoops of ice cream. All drinks - including coffee and beer, are not the same as a paying guest. No snacks available - only stale cheese and ham sandwich.

Hotel has NOT go ramps for push chairs or wheelchairs and steep steps down to beach. NOT for disabled users or the infirm. Only access between floors is by 2 small lifts - again certainly seen better facilities elswhere

Swimming pool is very small and could see it being very busy and packed out during mid season - also you will have to be up early morning just to get a sun bed.

Can upgrade if booked Full Board to all inclusive for 25 Euros per person per day but an expensive move to be served with sub standard facilities.

Certainly not worth it's money and would look elsewhere.

Hotel is outside Protaras and will cost approx 12 Euros for taxi.

Hotel itself is pretty clean, but seen better considering its cost and present rating.

by Northerers

What a fantastic hotel. We went with...

"What a fantastic hotel. We went with friends to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and while we were there, we watched couples have their wedding ceremonies. The staff really made it special for them and the location is stunning - siituated right on the beach. Beach towells & sunbed matresses are provided. The pool and surrounding areas are spotless. The rooms are spacious and spotless and fresh fruit is in your room upon arrival. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The food was varied and plenty of it. It's 4/5 star rating is spot on. If we had a downside, it would be that the entertainment isn't that good, but we didn't let this deter us and would definitely book again at this wonderful hotel and have recommended it to others."

by N Emmott

me and my partner recently got...

"me and my partner recently got married at this hotel the staff were freindly the food was good even though i am vegetarian the setting for the wedding photos was unreal the staff could not do enough for you would recomend this hotel to anyone we arrived late at night when we woke the next morning and drew back the curtains the view was breath taking it was lovely"

by micro1172

1 2 3 »

Map for Golden Coast Beach Hotel Closest airport: Larnaca International (LCA) 25.5 miles

Golden Coast Beach Hotel photos (1 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Golden Coast Beach Hotel
  • by Belle2006

" Went on a VIP boat trip which was really worth the money. "

• by Lukas566

" The Protaras Aquarium was amazing "

• by Blyth28

" The half day catamaran boat trip to Famagusata and Konnos Bay is well worth it. "