Iberotel Palace

Stayed at Iberotel Palace?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Room: 9.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Iberotel Palace

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 »
We have just returned from a weeks... by  S HICKFORD

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the palace. What a fantastic hotel. The staff are all very friendlyand helpful, the rooms are a good size, and overall the whole place is kept immaculately clean.

We booked two rooms, one for my 13 year old son and one for myself nad my partner. Both were right next to the lower pool, unfortunately, in my sons room on the first night he found he had a problem with some very large ants. We reported this the next day and the room was sprayed straight away...no more ants for the rest of the week, although on the last night he found cockroaches in his bathroom. So if you get room 2100 keep a look out for them!!

On our first morning I was really pestered by the beauty salon staff to have a facial, I felt rather intimidated, so went along. The facial was very nice, as was the face and neck massage, this cost me EL320 ( about £32), but I didn't like the fact that I was literally bullied into having it.

After this we settled into our holiday. The animation team were great fun, always trying to get you to join in with water gym, beach volleyball, boccia and water polo to name but a few of the activities. My son is very quiet and was quite happy to swim and relax, I joined in the aqua gym and my partner enjoyed the water polo.

The evening entertainment was very good, including a Fakir and fire dance, egyptian belly dancers, comedy show and karaoke.

The waiters and bar staff were always smiling and friendly. The buffet food was varied, but not that hot, but very edible.

Right opposite the hotel is a shopping mall, but if you walk through that you get to the old market. They do stop you and invite you into their shops but a firm "no thank you" and they leave you alone. It was certainly an experience!!

The Toscana and La Coupole a la carte restaurants were both closed during our stay, so our free a la carte meal had to be at the Ali Baba restaurant, which was ok.

We only did one excursion, the Stars and Dinner with the Bedouin. The dinner was standard food but to see the stars so clearly was amazing!!!!! The astrologer was very knowledgable!!!

The beach was clean and the free boat with Azizz was a great bonus.

We would definately go back to this hotel, we saw some of the others during pick ups and decided ours was defnately the best!!!!

stayed here for 1 week and really... by C Clarkin

stayed here for 1 week and really enjoyed it. The staff are really friendly and very helpful. Food was good in the Italian restaurant and the buffet was good too.

Lunch at the beach bar was also good for snacks like Pizza etc. Drinks were a little

expensive roughly €7.00 for a vodka & coke or similar(not a big measure either). Bottle of Heineken costs about €3.00 (small bottle). However none of us had any stomach problems for the week which is pretty good consdering some of the stories you hear in other resorts. We had three children with us aged 10, 14 & 16 and they enjoyed the beach and water sports, snorkeling was excellent and free all you need is a snorkel and mask and the hotel boat brings you out to the coral reef every 30 minutes. The beach & sea are very nice and safe too. The hotel has free beds on the beach which are fine and come with large straw umberellas. Entertainment is the usual during the day including Bocca, volleyball water gym etc, the staff again are very friendly and good with teenagers and small kids. Night entertainment in the hotel is pretty desperate, however it suited us as we went for a quiet holiday going to bed around 12 and getting up early each day. A lot of older people in the hotel at the moment, not many young children around, pretty quiet in general and I would not recommend it for a wild holiday.

We stayed at the Iberotel Palace over... by luckygolightly

We stayed at the Iberotel Palace over the Christmas and New Year period. We found the hotel to be very clean, food good and staff very pleasant. Our room was large and each day our cleaner left sweets and shapes out of towels on our bed. The hotel was advertised as being in Old Sharm and I had thought we were going to an old part but it is only about 20 years old. The new part is a bit like Blackpool - all flashing lights and pubs. My birthday is between Christmas and New Year and we always go on holiday then and often the hotels offer in the brochure that birthdays or anniversaries you get bottle of wine or cake but it has never, ever happened. Well this time it did. We did not say anything to the staff about my birthday but we had booked the special meal that is given with each AI booking and after the meal the waiter brought out a cake with candles and gave a rendition of Happy Birthday. We had a slice and left the rest on the table but later that night it was delivered to our room. The evening entertainment in the hotel is really very poor but we are not party animals anyway so a walk after our meal at night and a few drinks in the bar was enough. I did not find the locals and bartering a problem. Just smile and walk on. We booked independently a trip to Cairo which was excellent. We used Nibal as our guide and she is the kindest person, nothing is too much bother.

The weather during our stay was not always hot, a cold breeze was blowing and at nights a light jacket was required. I hope to return to Egypt one day but possible try another area - not that there was anything wrong with Sharm el Sheikh - but its a big world and I want to see other parts of it.

Just returned after a wonderful... by M Parker

Just returned after a wonderful holiday stayed for ten wonderful days at the Iberotel Palace hotel.

Arrived at the hotel and received a wonderful welcome room was excellent with sea view as I had requested. The staff are wonderful from all positions they hold at the hotel.

Outside of the hotel is the old Sharm market but you do get hassled but hey this is what they do, after all they are trying to make a living just smile and there is no real problem.

This was my husbands and my first time in Sharm and we will return next year this is ideal for a winter break.

Excellent beach and pool area so it is bye to the canaries and hello to Sharm in the winter months from now on. Well done Thomsons for helping us find this wonderful place.

paradise on earth! by jayseebea

My partner and I stayed at the Iberotel Palace for 2 weeks and we loved every second of it. The staff are so fantastic and friendly we really felt like we were leaving our friends when the time came to leave. the rooms are perfect and clean the food is varied and delicious. When you leave the hotel the front faces old Sharm market, the shopkeepers will try to get you to visit their shop but are not offended if you politely refuse. The high-light of our trip was when we took the free hotel boat, driven by Aziz across the bay to the reef. Words can not explain the variety and closeness you get to the amazing fish of the red sea. We are already booking up for next year We can't wait!!!

Feeling Hot Hot Hot!!!!!! by clarepshiney

It was my first time in Egypt and I went with an open mind to all the horror stories I'd heard but when we landed in Sharm at 6.30pm in 100 degrees got a bit worried. However this holiday turned out to be one of the best. The Iberotel is exceptionally clean, the food is good and the staff are fantastic with kids. It's in a great location across the road from sharm old town and 10 mins in a taxi from Naama bay. The beach is beautiful and uncrowded with fish of all colours. A must is the Ras Mohammad National Park for snorkelling.

would definately recommend!

Beautiful hotel. by TraceyLewis

We had a really excellent two weeks at the Iberotel Palace. The rooms were clean and there was plenty to do. The entertainment was brilliant something going on every evening and things during the day too. The food was good and varied. Me and my husband suffered a couple of days of upset tummys, not sure what this is down to as all three of our children were fine. We went to the 'Stars and Dinner ' excursion which was fantastic, although i felt it was overpriced. Nearly £150 for three children and two adults plus tips for the rep and coach driver! Overall a fantasic hotel in a good location right opposite Old Sharm. With a good combination of being on the beach and pools.Would definately stay here again.

Sharms a charm - what a lovely place to stay. by fiddybux

We stayed at Iberotel Palace for 1 week and were thoroughly impressed. Yes, some of the hotel staff don't always fully understand your English and will frequently respond with "Thank you please" or "You're welcome" to any question you ask, which can be quite entertaining. Yes, there are occassional grubby/broken parts, like our fridge was a little dirty on the inside and there was a tiny leak underneath the (well used) toilet. However, none of these problems even slightly dinted our enjoyment of the location and atmosphere at the Palace. The private beach apart from being gorgrous also had a Beach Bar (for the family) or Terrazzina bar (an Ibiza style beach bar serving food and drink, with good tunes and dancing/lazing on the floating jetty for the young or young at heart). We spent most of our afternoons eating at the Terrazzina which was cheap, friendly and quick. I recommend the stuffed pigeon with a local Stella beer! The 2nd private beach (yes, 2nd beach!) was just as amasing but for different reasons. Here you will find the most amasing coral reefs I have ever seen, which is brilliant for snorkeling amongst the lovely brightly coloured fishes and other sea creatures - I even say a reef shark one day! There is a free boat (guided by Mohamed - a real nice guy) that takes you over to the 2nd beach and runs every 30 minutes except between 12noon and 2pm when it is too hot to do anything constructive - you should be eating and keeping cool anwyay! As for the resort there is plenty to do ranging from water parks to quad biking during the day or night, or just eating out / being entertained in Na'ama Bay (the lively area of Sharm). Personally I found Na'ama Bay to be too crowded and smelly, and issued more "La Shokran's" per metre here than anywhere else (it means "No Thanks" in Arabic). BE PREPARED TO BE APPROACHED EVERYWHERE. If you don't mind chatting with the locals then fine, I did sometimes, but I often found this lead onto other things, including being invited for all kinds of 'Egyptian Hospitality' which usually leads onto the hard sell. If you're not interested simply say a firm but friendly "La Shokran" and most people will appreciate the effort and leave you alone. I would certainly go back, but only for the beach, the weather and the snorkeling / diving. If you go there please respect the coral reefs and wildlife - they are a natural treasure!

My best friend, THE LOO!!! by kerryyoung1

When we travel we always go 5 star and have visited some excellent hotels, the food here certainly was not that!! Food was very repetitive with rice and vegetables being a favourite. The hotel was full of foreign people with very little British for the first part of our week. On the second day I was very ill with stomach cramps and ended up in bed, the following day my boyfriend was the same. Lets just say we were fighting over the toilet!!!! Seemingly a lot of people experienced this same, probably something to do with the fact it was nearly 50 degrees at times. However overall this really spoilt our stay, although lucky really we were unable to eat the food on offer due to it coming straight out the other end. Rooms were fine as were staff, although it was obvious they favoured those who tipped them regularly. The weighing scales in the bathroom were good to see we had both lost approx 8lb each!!! Not bad when you go on hol to over indulge. I would not return to this hotel.

People who have visited previously may disagree however seemingly those who had returned had said it had gone down hill!!

Look at all the good reports this... by D King

Look at all the good reports this Hotel has had and believe every one of them.

Its a short transfer time, its clean, most if not all staff speak very good English, the staff can not do enough to help you and a small tip every now and then goes a long way.

The on site Dive centre staff are great and will accommodate qualified and none qualified divers. (Recommended)

I have never returned to the same hotel as I like to try new ones but this is a very strong contender for a return visit.

For me it is well worthy of the 5 Star it has been granted and would recommend it to anyone.

We have just returned from this... by  A Firmstone

We have just returned from this lovely hotel. 10/10 across the board. The food is very good as are the drinks and snacks - well worth going all inclusive.

This is the only hotel in Sharm that has its own beach so that you can walk straight into the sea.

The staff are great right across the board.

Be mindful that you might get an upset stomach; this is probably due to the heat.

Can't wait to go back.

Iberotel Palace - fantastic! Definately recommended by WarriorWigan

We have just returned from a week at the Iberotel Palace, Sharm El Sheik. Fabulous hotel! We stayed all inclusive in a standard room, however still has a sea view from the balcony out across the bay.

The hotel itself is great - it's not too big that you feel lost in it, small enough for the hotel staff to recognise you and know your name yet enough people to talk too. The staff are really friendly and will do anything for you if you ask. The bar staff in the Borsalino pub are great - one tip we received beforehand is to tip them a couple of quid and sure enough, your drinks keep on coming even wihen the bar is really busy.

Hotel has 2 beaches - one main one and the smaller one reached by boat, that runs every 20 mins except 12.30 to 2.30. We didn't go to this second beach but apparently it's great for snokelling.

All inclusive definately worth it for us - food was varied and really tasty. And even if we went to the restaurant 15 mins before closing there was always plenty of choice and it was freshly made. It hadn't been sat there all night - the chefs regularly changed it. Definately better than some all inclusives we've stayed at before. Only grip would be the limited choice of menu at the beach bar - only 4 choices per day as we couldn't choose from the a la carte menu. Did mean we went up to the main restaurant a couple of times, but you do need to dress slightly for this. In that no swimwear, but shorts, vests and flip-flops are ok so it wasn't too bad.

Choice of drinks - beer, wine, cocktails - was great and as amde locally included on the all inclusive. Water and soft drinks always available and ice cream! We never had a drink we paid for during the entire week.

Location of hotel is excellent - old town right across the road with shops, bars and restarants and Naama Bay is 10 mins away by taxi (which cost £3.00 each way, although agree price before you get in!)

Naama Bay is touristy - KFC, MacDonalds, Hard Rock Cafe, nothing of Egypt - but a decent night out with bars and restaurants. We didn't go during the day as there isn't supposed to be a lot to do but after 6 it was great.

All in all a great hotel. Would definately recommend to others whatever you want to do - chill by the beach for a week or go out on trips. One of the best we've stayed in whether on all inclusive or not.

« 1 2 3 »
Stayed at Iberotel Palace? Share your insight.

Map for Iberotel Palace Closest airport: Sharm El Sheikh (SSH) 10 miles
Iberotel Palace photos (10 traveller photos)