Punta Del Rey Apartments

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Punta Del Rey Apartments

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
basic, clean and friendly what more do you want by watchdog7051

Just back from this hotel in August and i must say that we had a very enjoyable time, Staff were friendly and helpful and Alex and Pepe on reception could not have been nicer. I will say that i preferred to be staying in the main hotel as the extension was a bit nearer the road and the noise of the buses and traffic at night were a bit annoying but in the main hotel you did not hear anything. The restaurant tends to be closed due to lack of visitors but who wants to eat in the hotel when you have so much choice elsewhere, they have a little store on site and the prices are reasonable with plenty choice. Apparently they hand it over to a Scandinavian holiday company between October -March so it is not available at this time to book via the internet. Short walk to the beach (down the 180 stairs) or a bit further if you walk down the hill (little secret is to go down on the lift at Maracibo and through there back entrance at the pool to the lower level road. All in all fab holiday and would defiantly use this hotel again.

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: stay in main hotel

Literally a stone's throw to the beach and restaurants by Dave

Couldn't fault the complex. It's as close as you can get to both beaches and only a 4-5 minute walk to Restaurants in Puerto Rico. Pool area is quiet and in great condition. Will definitely be going back! Thomson don't visit the complex and they abandoned us there. Fortunately, we knew the area but I would NOT recommend travelling with Thomson.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Self-Catering, booked with Thomson

Brilliant Holiday!! Accomadition was... by K Dunne

Brilliant Holiday!! Accomadition was basic but nice cleaners did a really good job and left the apartment looking lovely!! The night life was great theres plenty to do! It's the same during the day theres a really clean fairly big pool! You have crazy golf also on site!! I was there for 2 weeks and there wasnt a time when i was bored at all! To go to the main centre it was only 15 mins to the main centre or you can pay like €2.60 in a taxi really good value for money!!

I would strongly recommend this resort as it is really brilliant!!

I thought the Punta del rey... by Dc Carron

I thought the Punta del rey apartments were great, I went with a group of friends all around 18 at the time.

The apartments were noisy at night which is great for a group of boys who don’t want to go asleep.

The nightlife is only 5 minutes away and does get hopping till 8 in de morning. Scruffy Murphy’s is the best Irish bar.

My girlfriend visited for 2 weeks... by D Murray

My girlfriend visited for 2 weeks last year (August/September) and told me it wasn’t enough. This year she went for 3 weeks. And brought me with her!

Its a cracking resort with lots of activates including music, mini-golf, table tennis, giant chess board and one of the biggest pools around. The resort is never over crowded and sun beds are always available. There’s 5 floors and plenty of lifts. Staff are very friendly. Apartments are small and not meant for children.

There’s night life to suit everyone. It’s only a 10 minute walk away or €2.80 in a taxi!!

The food...nothing short of amusing!! I’ll recommend the chicken sandwich or the canarian potatoes in mojo sauce.

3 weeks here isn’t enough either.

We holidayed here in January! Weather... by R&E Kelly

We holidayed here in January! Weather was good for this time of year.

Staff very friendly and welcoming. The apartments were clean, comfortable, and cleaning lady very efficient.

Punta del Ray restaurant was excellent and service exceptional. We look forward to returning here in the near future.

The pool however was not heated, breakfast at the resort left a lot to be desired, but these are our only complaints! My holiday companion was also not crazy about the steps up to the apartment.

We would recommend this to anyone who doesn’t mind steps/height!

Playa de Amadores was breathtaking. The rep did try and sell us an awful lot of trips; we would not recommend the trip to Pearla Canaria for young children.

Stay away from those who wasted almost a day of our holidays trying to sell us apartments - expecting a snap decision. The promises they made were not fulfilled. Beware they are quite convincing!

All in all it was an excellent holiday and the apartments were great!!

10 out of 10 for staff especially!!

Have fun!

We've been visiting Punta del Rey... by W. Paul

We've been visiting Punta del Rey since 1995 - and there' not been one complaint! Always very clean, good food, friendly staff. And one of the best locations in the area: close to Puerto Rico beach but also directly accessing that great new cliff side walk to Playa de Amadores (about 15 - 20 minute walk).

The pool is always crystal clear, plenty of sun beds. The studios are fine, nothing wrong with the bathrooms, great views. For the price you pay you're getting a whole lot more than in most places!

It was a very enjoyable holiday in... by M Mullane

It was a very enjoyable holiday in the Punta Del Rey apartments.

The staff were very pleasant and they have excellent facilities, we felt as though if needed - there would be no need to leave the apartments.

Definitely should be taken into consideration when planning on booking a holiday to Puerto Rico. Also they were a great location.

We have stayed at The Punta Del Rey... by IA Bording

We have stayed at The Punta Del Rey for 4 years now and we will surely be back in 2007.

The apartments are a little "used" but always clean and OK. After all you don't stay much in the apartment.

The balcony connected to every apartment gives you the most fantastic view to the marina and the beach.

The pool bar and the pool area are very nice and clean.

And then the restaurant at The Punta Del Rey it is really something special. Lovely food and very nice waiters.

Lovely music and dancing Monday, Wednesday and Saturday evening.

All together a very lovely place to stay. We can strongly recommend it.

I have stayed in the Punta Del Rey... by McAdam

I have stayed in the Punta Del Rey the past two years in a row and have booked to go back again in August 2007.

These apartments are pretty good for the price you pay. They are close to the beach and a downhill walk leads you to the busy centre.

There are a lot of steps leading to the beach which of course are easy going down, coming up is a different matter (however you will get fit by the end of your holiday).

Taxis cost around 2 Euro and you can also visit the Europa Centre on the mountain top (which is a smaller version of the town centre) if you fancy a change of scene.

I stayed with my 2 sons and my father and his partner. We found the studios to be clean if a little old fashioned and adequate for what we wanted, namely for sleeping and washing in.

My only complaint is that a studio apartment is a little cramped for one woman and two teenage boys.

The facilities in the complex meant that my sons could go play table tennis, mini golf, go on the internet or to the TV room and still be close to where I could keep an eye on them.

The pool bar served nice snacks and were reasonably priced. The food in the restaurant was lovely too.

This is a popular apartment complex and there were a number of groups of girls and lads. They were quite noisy coming in at night and the guys at reception tried their best to quieten them.

If you have trouble sleeping or need a full night’s sleep then this is not the place for you. However, I always request a low floor and it’s quite possible that the higher ones are less noisy.

The boat trip and a look around Mogan is a must but the markets are pretty much all the same, cheap tack.

Dublin 11.

We booked two apartments as we were 5... by Anita O'Farrell

We booked two apartments as we were 5 celebrating my sisters 40th birthday.

The apartments were smaller than I thought in the brochure, but enough for us, as we only slept there. We didn't bother with the kitchen only to make a cup of tea. You need to take with you a kettle as they hire them out along with toaster. The balcony was big, with a breathtaking view of Puerto Rico marina, beach and town.

The nightlife centred around the commercial centre was fantastic, we never came in before 4am and still it was going on.

The staff at the Punta del ray are very friendly and helpful. The girls at the snack bar were a good laugh, and the food was good. We only dined at his restaurant one night and that was quite good too.

The sun goes in at approx 6pm around the back of the hotel so it is so comfortable sitting on the balcony after this time, and if you are high enough you can leave your balcony door open and a great cool breeze flows through the room and one can sleep like a log, though the booze helps.

Just a 10 minute walk around from the apartments is a nice beach Amadores, and in front of the apartments you have Puerto Rico beach which is a 5 minute walk down the steps. Every thing in Puerto Rico is built into the mountain, so if you don't like to walk up hills this is not the place for you , but the taxi's are cheap around 2 euros to get around. We had a great time here in Puerto Rico and have no complaints about the apartments, and would certainly stay here again.

Anita from Ballyfermot Dublin. Now living Reading England

I have just come back from a holiday... by S Murphy

I have just come back from a holiday with my boyfriend and we stayed in the Punta Del Rey. These are located middle of the hill but there are steps in the complex that lead to the beach.

The apartments are a bit out dated but very clean and the maids come almost everyday to clean and with fresh towels. The food in the pool bar is nice and reasonable and there was never a problem with sun loungers.

Be aware of the rep trying to sell day trips. Don’t book all together as it is hard to get a refund if you change your mind. The VIP tours are a waste of money the bus one, you are on a bus almost all day. The Catamaran is supposed to be amazing, it has one Jacuzzi that fits five people and the boat fits 150. We went on a boat trip with the shamrock Irish bar and it was much better. The budget travel night is very good and gives you a chance to get to know people from the complex well worth it for all ages. Garbos is another good night out.

The restaurants that I would go back to would be Oscars for a special night and scruffy Murphy’s restaurant for breakfast and dinner by far the nicest. Stay away from the Chinese it is horrible everywhere. Mogan is a nice boat trip but the market is crap its alot of fake cheap stuff. The market in Maspalomas on Saturday mornings is much better.

All in all Punta Del Rey views are amazing, it’s safe, clean and well run. You can hire irons 2 euro a day, hairdryers, TV’s, coffee makers etc. I would definitely stay here again

1 2 »

Stayed at Punta Del Rey Apartments? Share your insight.

Punta Del Rey Apartments also called