Kipriotis Maris Hotel

Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Kipriotis Maris Hotel

1 2 »
Run its a con

"I have read virtually every review about this hotel complex before writing this. I wanted to understand why some so negative and why some so positive. It depends on where and how you book.

An explanation before my review:

The Hotel Complex is basically 6 hotels. They change the names of the hotels so people who have booked 5* can end up in 3* or 4 * by mixing and muddling the name they can charge 5* prices for 3* and 4* star hotels. So if someone booked 4* they seem to give good reviews (on average) and those who booked the luxury 5*, paid extortion and an additional charge for the upgrade feel robbed.

They also have a habit of putting the photos of the Luxury “Kipriotis Panorama Hotel and Suites 5*” on booking sites so you think you are getting the Luxury Hotel till you end up in the dive that is the Maris Suites 5*.

Now to Help you all:

Website Holiday Check.com its called Hotel Kipriotis Maris Suites & Hippocrates 5* (correct photos mixed Maris and Hippocrates BUT on the hotels own site the Hippocrates is 4*?)

Website Thomas Cook it’s : Kipriotis Hippocrates & Maris Suites 4* (2 photos are of the Kipriotis Panorama Hotel and suites 5*)

On website Hotels4u: it’s called Kipriotis Hippocrates and Maris Suites 4*

Website Olympic Holidays: it’s Kipriotis Hippocrates & Maris Suites 4*

Website Easyjet holidays: Iberostar Kipriotis Panorama-Maris 5* (photos are ALL of the Luxury Kipriotis Panorama Hotel and Suits 5* BUT the NAME means you can end up in the dive called the Maris Suites 5*)

Website Flight line uk : Kipriotis Panorama Maris Complex 5* (Photos are of the Maris Suites 5*)

Website Icelolly.com: Iberostar Kipriotis Panorama And Maris Complex 5* (The photos are of the Luxury Kipriotis Panorama Hotel and Suites 5* but it’s actually the Maris Suites 5* dive you will be getting)

All of the above are the Kipritis Maris Suites 5* and the only way I would consider it to be 5* would be after doing a stint in prison.

NONE of the above hotels exist. They have 6 hotels. The REAL names are

1. Kipriotis Village 4*

2. Kipriotis Panorama Hotel and Suites 5*

3. Kipriotis Panorama Aqualand 4*

4. Kipriotis Maris Suites 5* (I nicknamed it, The Dive)

5. Kipriotis Rhodes 3*

6. Kipriotis Hippocrates 4*

Now my review: Our Booking reference said “Kipriotis Panorama Maris Complex 5*”, we saw the photos of the Luxury “Kipriotis Panorama Hotel and Suites 5*” on the website and ended up in the dive called “Kipriotis Maris Suites 5*”dive.

You think you are heading for 5* accommodation till you arrive at the Kipriotis Maris Suites 5* dive and realise the following:

• No Aircon: They turn the aircon off so your room is on average between 25 – 27 degrees (Sep)

• Internet cost £5 per 30 mins and you can only use one device, so if you have a phone and laptop Beware !!

• The staff hate you. The reception staff were rude angry and constantly telling guests to go away, as there was always a long line for guests complaining I guess it must have taken its toll and given rise to rudeness and anger by staff

• BAR: After queuing for around 20/30mins on average for any type of drink (they never have enough staff) You realise your wait was in vein, you cannot even drown your sorrows. The drinks are nasty and ALL local, you cannot buy or order (even if you are willing to pay extortion) any drinks other than local Kos Gin, Kos Rum, Kos Wine, (all I have to say about the local brew is there is a reason it does not leave the Island) it’s mixed with chemically enhanced juices from some chemical processing plant.

• Extra Costs: There is nothing free apart from the sun, if you want a towel you leave a deposit, which we thought was fair enough till we returned the towels and were told we could not have our deposit back because it had been claimed by someone else?

• FOOD: The Maris Suites (5*) dive are no comparison to the Panorama(5*) you share your hotel and facilities with two other 4* Hotels, the Kipriotis Hippocrates and Kipriotis Village, the restaurants are packed to the hilt so be prepared for long queues and a lot of jostling.

You stay in the Kipriotis Maris Suites (5*)and you have to book your meals EVERY night, if you don’t you have to eat at the “Kipriotis Hippocrates 4*”buffet. If you don’t book dinner in your hotel you’ll be kicked out and have to trek around to see which of the 4*’s is less crowded

• ROOM: We were dumb enough to pay for the upgrade hoping to have an extra special anniversary we ended up in a room looking out to the dusty main road next to a motorbike rental company so from 6am onwards our alarm was the constant running of motorbike and quad bike engines (I am convinced it was people trying to escape)

Our sink was blocked and the toilet made the running noise constantly. It was back and forth to the reception to get this fixed, when we asked about aircon the receptionist laughed. The room was clean and kept clean but it was very old and grotty, nothing modern whatsoever. Lots of lime scale and brown bathtub

I am just shocked at how they “Rename” their hotel (check different websites, you will see they have different names and stars and con people, they are the ones who sign up to tour companies and it is their responsibility to ensure tour companies use the correct name and photos. Basically it’s like advertising for car rental and giving customers roller-skates.

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, booked with Media Travel.co.uk
  • Advice: Walk to the main town every day and drink as much as you can
  • Good For: , City Breaks
by Aaliya

Nice Family Hotel (3 1/2 stars)

"We spent a week at the Kipriotis Maris. The room was big and clean, nothing fancy of a 5 star though. The restaurant was great and offered a wide variety of choices. Always something there for our 2 boys (1 1/2 and 2 1/2) to eat. Snacks scheduled at certain times throughout the day. Pool area bar nice and quick. Great service pool side too (for drinks). We stayed at the kiddie pool with our kids...not much choice for school age, either really shallow pool or 5 feet.

You are able to enjoy the facilites at the other Iberostars. Each evening we walked up the stairs to the Panorama. They have a great indoor/outdoor playground for the little ones, never crowded.

The downside to this hotel is the beach. They offer great service with the drink kioski and chairs with umbrellas, but the beach is all rocks...no sand. It was not too enjoyable for our kids.

Staff was very friendly and made our stay pleasant. Deposit box was and extra 25 Euros...I am used to those being free??

Not a five star, lacking the luxury. Great place for family with younger kids though.

by 2toddlers

overbooked

"arrived here having booked this holiday in april to find out our room was overbooked wanted us to go to the panorama for a night then move back to this hotel . by the way no way is this a 5 star hotel.we moved to panorama and refused to move back to maris as this was the better of the two, but still not a 5 star hotel. beware they only do this with british guests so the staff told us. so stand your ground ,go to the panorama and do not move back to the maris. this hotel is over run with italians. the enterance is more like a 3 star hotel and there is also a problem with sunbeds. we did see a bedroom, ok but nothing special and god help you if you booked through med hotels as the rep is more interested in keeping the management happy than sorting out a room for you."

by allyolly

An amazing Holiday

"Have just returned from spending 2 weeks at the Iberostar Kipriotis Maris. We had a fantastic time,you could do as little as you wanted or you could join in all the sporting activities that the animation team provided. The animation team spoke English, Italian, Greek, and German and provided evening entertainment not every one liked it but it was fine for us. (I think people just like to find fault in things)

The food was fantastic!! Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, snacks I could not fault any of the meals. There was something there for everyone no matter how fussy an eater you are. The staff in the restaurant were very helpful going out of there way to assist you, and they made a real fuss of the little ones.

The reception staff were the same nothing too much trouble for them. The hotel was extremely clean always someone polishing sweeping etc and once again very polite.

The rooms were huge we have stayed at many hotels and I have got to say that the bed was the biggest I have ever seen. We have a 6ft bed at home and it was bigger than that. They changed the sheets and room towels every day . The pool towels were changed when you asked them, the Bathrobes every Saturday, the rooms were kept spotless. there was a mini bar in the rooms stocked with soft drinks.

There was 2 pools one large and one for children which were once again kept spotless. We were always able to get a sun lounger round the pool with a bit of shade if it was very hot. The bar staff and especially our man round the pool was fantastic, you just ordered your drinks and he brought them to you!!

We went to the beach a couple of times its not the best beach I have been to but it was clean. It was shingle and rocks, but the sea was lovely and clear and quite warm. There was also a bar at the beach where you could get your drinks for free. The beach was just a minutes walk from the hotel.

We went to see all the Iberostar Hotels in the complex and we think that the Kipriotis was by far the best. The panarama is not allinclusive so when we went there for a drink they took ages to serve us beacause we have our allincusive bands on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to Kos Town twice once for the afternoon, and once in the evening. It cost us 7euros each way. That was the only time we left the complex in 2 weeks .

We had a fantastic time we were looked after and spoiled.

by fletcher6

Excellent food, spartan decor.

"We had such a wonderful experience at Iberostar in Cozumel two summers ago, that we were rather underwhelmed by the Iberostar Kipriotis Maris, where my wife and I spent a week with our two children (ten and eight).

Hotel - The hotel was spotless, but rather spartan in decor. We've never stayed at a hotel (five star or otherwise) with so little artwork hanging on the walls. It looked as if they had run out of money before they quite finished the place.

Room - The room (a junior suite) was very spacious and comfortable.

Food - The buffet was excellent and varied every day. What was wonderful about Iberostar in Cozumel, however, was the restaurant by the pool for which you didn't have to change out of your bathing suit. This was missing at the Kipriotis Maris.

Location - Kos has one of the nicest climates of any place we've visited. We've never seen such a blue sea and there was a constant cooling breeze. The water was very warm (in July) and there was a beautiful view of Turkey on the opposite shore.

Pool - The pool was very clean but nothing special. One thing quite annoying about it, however, was that it had no shallow end. Nowhere could my kids or I could stand with our heads above the water (there was a children's pool, however).

Staff: Most of the staff were polite, but unfriendly. One woman at the reception was seemed annoyed when I tried to pay for a 25 euro service with a 100 euro note. My ten-year-old daughter ordered a "virgin colada" at the pool bar, which she found listed on the menu. The waiter instead gave her a piña colada (with alcohol!). When I pointed this out to him, he angrily told me there was no such thing as a "virgin colada" on the menu. When I showed it to him on the card, he changed his story telling me that my daughter hadn't asked for that! The restaurant staff were nice, however, and the waiter who made rounds at the pool was very kind and helpful. In general, the Turkish employees were more friendly than the locals. It seemed like the entire staff spoke Italian and English.

Entertainment - there was almost no entertainment to speak of.

I don't mean to sound too negative. Over all we had a nice time and we don't regret our stay. We just expected more from Iberostar.

by LesGentilsCanadiens

Very nice hotel

"Just come back from a week in the Kipriotis Maris and had a very nice time. I don't want to waffle on so will try and keep this relevent and to the point!!

Hotel - was spotless, they were always cleaning and polishing! Looked more like a 4 star rather than the wow factor of a 5 star.

Room - was huge with the biggest bed I'd seen in it! Had a sea view with a balcony and a 'living room' area with settees/beds and the television. Room was very clean, had a mini bar which was restocked each day, bathroom had a bath with shower over it, twin basins, hair dryer, complimentry bathrobes.

Food - was very nice buffet style food not sure I'd say it was 5 star though? As a veggie I had no problems finding things to eat, sometimes the veggie 'dish of the day' was a little dissappointing (brussel sprouts with nutmeg?) but there was plenty of other things to choose from. The theme restaurants let the veggie side down - the Triton in the Panorama had no veggie main course so they just brought me what I had had for a starter again which was nice but I didnt really want to eat it again!! The Zorbes restaurant in the Hippocratees was a bit mediocre to be honest, wouldn't go there again - the menu was very limited and Al a carte was a bit of a stretch of the imagination!!

Location - we only left the complex to go over the road to the beach so can't really comment on what the location was like in terms of bars etc. The beach is shingle and can get quite breezy but the sea is quite warm (warmer than the pool!)

Pool - very nice, had waiter service for the drinks. Despite what it says in the literature, they do allow balls and inflatables into the pool and unfortunitly they don't seem to police the 'no towel reservations' policy they claim to have. By 0900 ALL the sunbeds were reserved and yet I countered about 9 people by the pool. Some people didn't emerge till the afternoon yet the beds had been reserved all that time which is unfair. In the afternoons we often couldn't get sunbeds by the pool so went to the beach where there was always beds available.

Entertainment - there was nothing by way of live music in the evenings at the Maris so most evenings we went to the Panorama where the bar was lovely and had live music.

All in all we had a great time, not sure I'd go back again but only because there are other places I want to see.

by Tye_Bo

One word...Excellent!!!

"Just got back from a weeks holiday from the Kipriotis Maris.

We whent as a couple in a standard room whit ultra all inclusive formula.

We have had an excellent holiday!!!

The only down side of this hotel is the animation, there is only the Italian Volando

group and as much as they try, there attention mostly goas to Italian people...

(I think about 80% of the guest's where Italian...sow if you cant stand there attidude this is not the place to be. I have to add...for us this was no problem at all!)

For the rest this hotel was just excellent.

The Maris is part of an Iberostar village including the hotels Kos bay view, Kipriotis village and the Panorama.

When we arrived at 2 a.m. the staff whas very frindley and insisted that we eat something first. We got two very large plates dileverd to are room filled whit food.

The minybar is included and filled whit all the regular real brands soft drinks and beer.

The standerd room is icredably large, whit all the standerd luxury's icluding a small sofa area and a large balcony (we even had an view all the way to Turkey).

Pool very clean and has this relaxing feeling. There where no troubles getting sun beds even after the noon. there is even staff comming around the pool to take your drinking orders.

Food was excellent. The breakfast has everything you need to get you going and more.

there is no real differance between the lunch and the dinner, they have both so

mutch to offer and never the same kind of food in the buffet.

The theme nights are a nice change of setting every night, the Greek nicht was very nice.

Drinks all they long are pritty good and you can oder just about anything.

Staff are icredebly friendley and childlovers, they speak supriseingly many languages whitch is pritty wierd for the Greek mantalety, they to the best job ive ever seen in an Hotel and they appear to have a great time dooing there job.

Every time you enter the restaurant you whill be greeted and led to your table.

As a guest in the Maris you have the luxury to visist the sister hotels and go to there pools or go for dinner(reservation requierd).

Kos city is a hours walk away, there are plenty of mini supermarkets near the hotel.

Taxi's ans busses stop in front of the hotel and are not expensive.

This is an ideal hotel for those of you ho whant an realaxing holiday in peace and quit.

I whoiuld recomend this hotel to evrey body!

Greetings

by Verfai

Fabulous!

"We have just returned from a week at this great hotel. There were 6 of us including 2 babies and the room still seemed enourmous! The staff were fantastic, remembering all the children's names and always had a smile. Food was wonderful with a different theme every night and a huge choice. The pool was never busy and spotlessly clean. As a travel agent myself, I have seen a lot of hotels in my time and the Kipriotis Maris is hard to fault. Thankyou to all the staff for making our stay as enjoyable as possible."

by A TripAdvisor Member

From check in to check out we were...

"From check in to check out we were spoilt rotten. We arrived late and were rushed through to the restaurant to an enormous variety of food, a great start.

Our rooms were beautiful, large and spotless clean. The rooms were cleaned every day, and the mini bar filled.

The pool area was also spotless, with more than enough space and sun loungers. Every 20 mins or so a waiter called Skender came around offering drinks, like the rest of the staff he was kind, curious and very helpful. The mitred ran a very tight ship, everybody knew their job and did it well. All our meals were outstanding whether it is breakfast dinner or evening meal.

We had a brilliant holiday and would definitely go back again

by watty

The hotel was great, there are 5...

"The hotel was great, there are 5 different hotels all around the place and if you stay at the kipriotis maris you can go into any one of the other hotels all you want and use there facilities and pools and have there food for free.

The island takes 45 mins to get to one side and back. It is very sunny and is a amazing place to visit.

by Jd Dann

Brilliant Hotel! Brilliant Holiday!

"We have just returned from a wonderful weeks holiday at the Kipriotis Maris Hotel. Food, staff, accomadation.....everything about it was great!! Beds and towels were changed on a daily basis which was lovely and the staff couldn't do enough for you. The food was out of his world and the pool was spotlessly clean at all times. The hotel is definately 5*and I would recommend it to anyone!"

by Welsh_girl_8

Fabulous Maris

"I stayed at the Maris with my husband and two daughters (aged 2 and 6) for two weeks in July/Aug. It was the best holiday we have had. I was thrilled and so excited when we got to our room: it was immaculately clean, very spacious and the bed was gigantic! The staff were extemely friendly and helpful and made the children feel very special. There was a good choice of nice food with different theme nights. The pool was enormous, clean and with very pleasant surroundings. The hotel never seemed overcrowded and we always managed to find sun loungers even at 12pm. The clientele were Italian or English, the kids club and entertainment were geared for the Italians but our kids joined in with their new found friends. We had a lovely holiday and met some great people, it definately lived up to its five stars!"

by Mezia