President Apartments

Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

1 2 3 4 »
Ruined it for themselves by Lucybanister95

I stayed here on my first girls holiday and the hotel it's self was nice and what is expected from a low budget holiday friendly atmosphere from the other guests. The hotel is clean and the food there is gorgeous even if it is a little pricey however the staff are awful, mainly the male staff. The just walked into our rooms without knocking or anything and kicked one of our friends that were in our room as they were locked out of theirs and the manager refused to let them in. Understandably they don't want much noise after people are coming in from the strip however I did not appreciate being sent to bed and made sure I was in bed like I was on holiday with my mum when I was 8 years old never mind 18. The main manager thinks its ok to speak to you how he wants for no reason whatsoever and tell my group and other guests to f*** off on many occasions. The way the staff treat their guests is so disrespectful. Would not stay here again just for the staff.

OK for a budget holiday by webby

The president Studios are situated very close to the beach, which is a delight, safe for children and excellent for swimming, the lookie lookie men are friendly and polite. The studios are basic, the cleaning wasnt brilliant, beds although appeared clean smelt of urine, the bathroom was in need of a good clean, especially the shower curtain, which had mould growing on the edges!! I dont think our floor was swept all week in the apartment. Rubbish which was on our balcony at the beginning of the holiday was still there on the last day. The filter in the swimming pool, should have had a cover on it, it didnt and had very strong suction, dangerous if a child with long hair was too close to it, they'd be drawn under. Steve in the bar is great fun, a genuine nice person who seems to run the whole place single handed, he looks after everyone. Laganas is fun, but mainly aimed at the 18 - 35's, our 15 year old daughter enjoyed it, but preferred Corfu.Pool is smaller than you think, sunbeds are cramped in.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, S.C., booked with Thomson
  • Advice: A good base, for a budget holiday

BRILL !!!!! by Princess Fiona!!!

Our apartment was on the first floor overlooking the pool area,Apartment was spotless. Maid cleaned every day, fresh towels daily, pool and surrounding areas clean,Mixed age ranges and no noise from the young clubbers on return, Set in a quite area but within walking distance to beach and night life - 10mins walk.Food served at apartments was good and reasonable . Laganas very flat area. Suitable for all. Special mention to barman Steve Auzzie/Greek who makes special hot lips cocktails and to Lucy holiday rep who was on site every day.The staff were all friendly and I would recomend these apartments .

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, Self Catering, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: Good place to visit will go back .
  • Activities: Yamas Resturant, The garden Of Eden Resturant

okish by Fiverforever

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel between june and july, we paid a fair bit of money for the hotel and we expected something a little better than what we got, i didn't expect there to be allot of groups of lads and girls, being as it was a fair walk from the main strip, but being a young couple we were there to party just as much as the groups were! so we got along fine. the first problem we had was the fact that the lock on the door of our room didn't lock! so i told the rep then she said that she would send somebody to fix it. an hour later nobody arrived so i did it myself, with a knife as a screwdriver. then my girlfriend got ill, a cold, ear infection and a chest infection, so she wanted to sleep, then later that night at 3 in the morning 3 drunk girls came bursting into our room, scared the [--] out of my girldriend and started shouting about how they thought it was their room. the best part about this hotel was steve, the barman, he does amazing cocktails and he is one of the nicest guys i have ever met, we went out on numerous occasions with him and his wife, who is the cook at the summertime bar, they truly made our holiday.

• Holiday details: May 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Activities: bocca bar and grill

Disappointing by ns102

We booked our hotel last minute and thank god we didn't pay full price for this hotel. When we arrived we found that we had a double bed and a single bed and we are 3 girls and were told we would get 3 singles. We walked into the bathroom and the toilet seat was on the floor leaning against a wall. We had to balance it on the toilet. There were plug sockets hanging out of the wall. We then looked at the facilities we had for self catering. We did not have a full set of anything. In the brochure it says that air conditioning is available at an extra cost but says that fans and safety deposit boxes are provided. However, you have to pay. We decided to pay extra for the safety deposit box but couldn't afford to pay for the fans making the holiday uncomfortable to start. Let alone the double bed that is broken in the middle. The staff are not very friendly especially the receptionist that makes you feel that when you ask anything it is an effort for her. Even buying water! During the holiday we left our towels drying on the balcony and someone took them. We went to reception and asked for some more and were told that they would be bought to our room (they weren't and we shared the one towel we did have left between us). We came back from dinner and went to enquire about the towels but was told that they didn't have the key. So in the morning we went again and the unhelpful receptionist wouldn't get us any. It was the maid that eventually got us some. We got clean towels on 1 pr2 occassions and a family that stayed there got them every day. Not too happy to feel that we are treated differently. We had to check out at 10am on the Tuesday but weren't picked up until 3.40am on the Wednesday. The courtesy room was discusting and you didn't feel like you wanted to touch anything. A very uncomfortable day. When we were picked up we were the only ones there. The hotel staff and rep had all left - good thing nothing happened.

I would recommend going here if you are in a large group that doesn't need sleep as you don't sleep much due to the noise. The pool is also a lot smaller than the brochure/pictures make you believe.

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Find a nicer hotel.
  • Activities: Boat trip

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!! by Mullza26

I would advise NEVER to stay in these apartments. My partner and I have just returned from Zante. As we booked last minute and got a good price I was not expecting luxury, however what we got was a dump and the apartments were a joke.

Our fist complaint was that on arrival at 5am we were given keys to our room, we bascially dumped our stuff and went to bed. Although at 6am the party animals came home and woke us up, the partying and the noise was awful. EVERY night from mindnight-3am expect NO sleep, you will sleep maybe from 3am-5am, then they arrive home and continue to party until about 7am. The noise was unreal. I would say this hotel was for ages 18-24. DO NOT go here if you are a couple, family, have children or elderly. When I approached the rep Kat about it she appeared helpful, we asked to be moved. However 2 days later she said yes we can move you for a further 800 euros, WHAT??? No way was i paying that. Every day we moaned etc so she eventually started avoiding us! Typical!

Our apartment was simple, it had a tiny balcony - our view was looking onto a corridor at the other side (thats where the young ones would hang out drunk at night). The pool was unclean and round the sides were lots of glass bottles lying around again, from the drunks in the hotel.

The last couple of days really did confirm that it was the holiday from hell. We had noticed a sign which read that room should be vacated at 10am on the morning of departure. We were leaving on Monday morning at 6 o’clock so we did not think this was a problem. However, at 7 o’clock on the Saturday night there was a letter posted through our door telling us to vacate the room at 10am on the Sunday. I went to reception to see the rep I explained that we were not leaving until the Monday and she basically told us thats the way it goes. We were free to use the pool and watch TV etc until our bus arrived on the MONDAY and that we would be provided with a curtsey room for a shower. On the Sunday after spending all day at the pool we arrived back to use the courtesy room. The room was absolutely disgusting and looked as if it had not ever been cleaned, I had to shower with my shoes on! It was the worst experience ever!!!!

The communal toilets were a disgrace, after entering the ladies I found that it was completely flooded with urine and other nasty’s floating around. The smell was terrible!

Basically the hotel was dirty, staff were unhelpful, I would never dream of going back to this hotel and in fact Zante for that matter.

It is defiantly not a hotel for kids, or people looking for a quiet break, if you are going on group party holiday and you really don’t care about were you are staying then maybe you might be able to tolerate the place. Basically my advice would be, look for another cheap hotel as there were plenty around that looked far better.

Only plus point about this hotel was the bar man 'Steve', he was a delight, the nicest person there! He should get out 2 as they clearly dont appreciate him at all! He is far 2 good for that place! If you are going, good luck. Please take my advice and STAY AWAY!

I HATED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Its a dump, very deprived!
  • Activities: NONE!

Appartments From Hell by kirstin scott

President Appartments

I am not the type of person to complain and I no that cheap holidays are basic but as you will see from my comments below I would advise NEVER to stay in this hotel.

Just returned from my holiday in Zante was not expecting luxury but just as well coz the place in a dump and the apartments were a joke. My first complaint is that on arrival we were put in a basement room with a tiny window. When I approached reception I was told by a rude night porter (who was more concerned with washing his car at the time) to come back in the morning to see the receptionist at 8 o’clock. I was there at 8 o’clock and had to wait an hour as she was late. I was eventually greeted with a rude and unhelpful woman who told me to be moved it would cost me 30 euros per night (which would actually amount to more than my total holiday price). I was then told that I had booked this room was not the case as in the travel agents we were told that ALL rooms had balcony’s or terraces. In fact the travel agent actually asked if we would like a second floor apartment which I am extremely annoyed about as I was later told that he would have known that we were in a basement apartment at the time of booking. There were a number of other rooms like the one we were allocated and are certainly not shown in the holiday brochure. In the room the window was located below ground level and directly on a busy road, consequently every time a car goes past loads of dust comes into the room. I complained to Thomson’s who said the same that we had booked this room and would have to pay the extra cost to be moved now that we were in resort. I then spoke to Kat the rep who was very helpful and phoned her boss immediately who agreed to change it. The same day there was a hotel which was majorly overbooked so Kat explained to the rude receptionist that there would be a fax confirming the move later in the day but the receptionist refused to move us until she received it.

Finally we were moved to a nice/simple apartment (although it had a tiny balcony given to us purely out of spite as the hotel was quiet at the time) there were more problems. However, there were more problems, the door to the bathroom did not shut so the fire alarm kept going off every time we went for a shower, by the sounds of thing everyone had the same problem as there were fire alarms going off all through the day and night. The toaster and kettle did not work and maids were not keen to part with clean towels or toilet roll. Other problems were that the pool was unclean and round the sides were lots of glass bottles lying around.

The last couple of days really did confirm that it was the holiday from hell. We had noticed a sign which read that room should be vacated at 10am on the morning of departure. We were leaving on Monday morning at 6 o’clock so we did not think this was a problem. However, at 7 o’clock on the Saturday night there was a letter posted through our door telling us to vacate the room at 10am on the Sunday. I went to reception to see the rude receptionist and explained that we were not leaving until the Monday and the owner then came and spoke to us who was rude and ignorant and basically told us tough luck. He then told us we were free to use the pool and watch TV etc until our bus arrived on the MONDAY and that we would be provided with a curtsey room for a shower. On the Sunday after spending all day at the beach we arrived back at the hotel to use the courtesy room. We asked 5 minutes before the time we had booked the room for and were told that we had to wait. We eventually got the room 10 minutes late which gave us 20 minutes to have a shower and leave. The room was absolutely disgusting and looked as if it had not ever been cleaned.

When we were being shown to the courtesy room the rude receptionist showed us to the room and also attended to some girls who had just arrived and whose room door would not lock. After trying the door a number of times the receptionist just told the girls to leave it open and she would get it fixed in a couple of hours. I thought this was completely unprofessional and just basically stupid to announce in front of other guests who could have went in and took anything. A further problem was the communal toilets. As we were not leaving until early in the morning we had to use the communal toilets bedside the pool. After entering the ladies I found that it was completely flooded with urine and other nasty’s floating around. I reported this to the owner and porters and nothing was done (no one even went to look so I get the impression this may be a regular occurrence). I used the men’s all night and at 4 o’clock just before we were due to leave on the coach I was coming out of the men’s loos and seen a group of girls run into the ladies loos hurrying for the bus and one girl slipped and fell in amongst all the disgusting water/urine/excrement/toilet roll on the floor.

After being told that we were free to use the TV lounge until our bus arrived the porter took the TV inside shut out all the lights and made us and other people waiting on the bus, sit out on the balcony. After coming out and generally being grumpy that we were sitting with our suitcases in his way he then barked at us “why did you not pay to keep on your room?”. We were not told that this was an option despite speaking with the owner regarding the inconvenience of being chucked out our room 20 hours before our flight. However other girls that were on our flight told us that they inquired about doing this but were then told that all rooms were booked out in the hotel. Although, I find this extremely unlikely as the hotel was very quiet at the time of our stay.

Basically the hotel was dirty, staff were rude and unhelpful, I would never dream of going back to this hotel and probably not Zante for that matter. It is defiantly not a hotel for kids, or people looking for a quiet break, if you are going on group party holiday and you really don’t care about were you are staying then maybe you might be able to tolerate the place. However don’t even think about pulling and taking anyone back as they are not allowed and you will also be threatened to be chucked out if you make any noise when the night porters are about, although when they are not there it is very noisy. Just a few other points, the pool is really small, the place stinks when the lorry comes everyday to empty the sewage from right beside the restaurant, food looks terrible and cocktails have hardly any alcohol in them.

Only plus point’s fantastic restaurant was Apolion (just along from hotel). Boat trip round the island was fantastic, especially smugglers cove.

If you are going, good luck.

We were treated really badly by the owner. by charly037

The hotel was fine, right near the beach and a resonable sized room. However the owners treated us really badly. As we were coming back to the hotel from a night out, he would question us and shine a tourch in my face shouting at me and asking how i could proove it was my hotel. It was just awful. On my last night there, he came into my room, again shining a tourch at me when i was asleep, demanding to see my passport. It was very strange how we were treated, and others that stayed there went through the same thing. I would not advise it to anyone. Even though the hotel was rubbish, the allround trip to zante was amazing!

President by Jjenj

Just returned from a 2 week holiday at the President. Was pleased with the size of the room...very spacious. We overlooked the back of the hotel which suited us as we were not overlooked. The rooms at the front of the hotel are designed so that your balcony can be easily seen by the neighbour. The room was well equipped for self catering with plenty of cutlery, electric kettle and toaster. It was clean when we got there and had maid service every day. The only problem was that the room appeared to be very damp, all our clothes felt wet? This was solved by just using the mosquito door which allowed fresh air in the room. The only other slight down side was the early hours noise. We were there 2 weeks and the noise leading up to 12 oclock at night was a pain but we tried to ignore it as it was young people getting ready to hit the clubs. The worst noise was when they were returning at 6 and 7 in the morning. It wasn't every night to be fair but it was also early in the season...I can't imagine what it would be like in high season. When I mentioned it to the management they seemed to accept it was part and parcel of staying in Laganas. It largely depends on what you want from your holiday but as a base The President is in a good location and is an easy going relaxed hotel.

• Holiday details: May 2009, Self Catering, booked with Portland Direct
  • Advice: Hire a car and get out and about because Laganas is a bit of a dump
  • Activities: Getting into the mountains and exploring other resorts

President aptmnts by Lou82

I went to the President Aptmnts back in June 07 for 2 weeks with two of my mates. My first 'girls only' holiday, and it was brilliant!!!The best holiday! I really haven't got a bad word to say about the place. Our rooms were spacious and clean and never had any problems with the hotel staff.

The beach and bars are only a short walk away and perfect for a lively holiday, there are two shops, a stones throw away which is good for anyone who is self catering. But they do serve breakfasts and lunchs at the hotel, and never had any problems with the food.

There were lots of groups of young girls and guys there, with everything close by for a perfect party holiday.

There were some families with young children and older couples there, which was fine as the younger people there caused no problems what so ever. If your a your family and looking for a a very quiet and relaxed holiday, you might be better off trying somewhere like Kalamaki. I went there back in 2005 and is much quieter and relaxed for those seeking that kind of holiday. I will say that upon returning to the apartment after a heavy session of partying between 4...and sometimes 9:30am the gaurds were always there ensuring that upon returning we were quiet and no one was jumping into the pool drunk, which often happens!

For the price I paid for the President, I wasn't expecting a palace, but was pleasently suprised how clean and freindly the staff were. I met my boyfriend over there on that holiday and two years later, we have booked a cheap holiday back there in two weeks time, for the price and the fact that for our money were not going to pull up to a hotel and hope they don't shout out your hotel!!

Really good hotel, everything near by for a fab holiday!!

-If your going as a group I'd say you have to go Cherry Bay at the end of the night for a bit of cheesey music (Down my the beach at end of strip) And for hardcore people there's a club up the other end that opens at 4am. Also for food you have to try Bocca Bar!! Mmm!!!!

What I wouldn't advise is to take the girls on the mopeds offer of the beach party, we were warned that things can go wrong here and drinks can get spiked, stay away or keep your drink safe!!

• Holiday details: Jun 2007, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Great for groups
  • Activities: Bocca Bar

Quality by KiethNeil

Ideal for a lads/girls holiday, with an amazing nightlife and quality hotel. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed in, with both friends and family. Its location to the beach and restaurants, is great, about 5 minute walk either way. Its about a 10-15 minute walk to the strip, but if you eat out each night, its 5 minutes to get some food, then another 5 minutes to the top of the strip.

The pool is great, in the sun for almost the whole day, and when it gets a bit later on into the afternoon there is a bit of shade if it gets too hot. It has both a deep pool and a shallow pool which was great for us lads to mess around with a ball or frisbee. There is good music on throughout the day, and the pool bar is good. Serves great food, although you have to wait a while for it, they bring it to the pool side for you.

The rooms are clean when you arrive, and get cleaned throughout the holiday as long as you don't make a complete and utter mess like we did. The they make you do some of it yourself, which is fair enough the state our room was in! There are two electric hobs to cook food with if you want, but they aren't great, and you couldn't really cook a proper meal with them. Why you would want to with different types of restaurants in Zante I'll never know! There is a good bath and shower, and although it's weird putting your toilet paper in the bin rather than down the toilet, you soon get used to it.

We had two rooms, one with a balcony which over looked the pool (great) and one with a patio that went looked out over a chicken field (not so great, especially when the cock cock-a-doodle-do's at 8am after a large night out!). No point in getting the air con, as it's not really worth it.

The security guard is an absolute loser! He abuses you at every opportunity calling you 'dirty English', 'English hooligans' etc, and the family that run the hotel aren't the most warming we didn't think.

As for Zante itself, quality place for a Brit, looking to get very drunk and have fun. Loads of clubs, Waikiki was my favorite, but there are so many choices. Avoid the 'penalty shootouts' though, even if you score 3 out of 3, they give you a bottle of 'champagne' that just gets taken off you by the police when you walk down the strip!

If you are a family or couple looking for a quiet holiday away, stay well away! If you're a group of young lads/lasses, a mixed group, and aged 18-30 you'll love the President.

Nice hotel, great location by xelectroheartx

This hotel is pretty decent for what we paid. It's in a great location - a stones throw to the beach and a short walk to the main strip. It was clean and tidy and we have no real complaints. Yes, some nights it was a little noisy, but you're in Laganas - it's a party town!

The only problem we really had was that our room was one of the few that didn't have air conditioning & when we were in Zante, it was 38 degrees most days!! We did ask at reception to move rooms but were told there weren't any available and to hire a fan... The fan was pretty pointless to be honest but by the end of the week we'd worked out a system of how to stay cool at night and when we were getting ready to go out.

We found Laganas to be a little bit tacky but we still really enjoyed it. The best restaurant we found was on the beach - Horizon. If you don't fancy partying every night there are also some nice, quieter bars along the beach.

If you get the chance, definitely go to the beach party on Cameo Island. It cost about 20 euros and started opposite Cocktails & Dreams. After a short coach ride, you arrive at the island which is amazing. There were flame throwers and other entertainment and some great music too.

1 2 3 4 »

Stayed at President Apartments? Share your insight.

President Apartments also called

• president apartments hotel laganas
  • president apartments laganas

Top traveller tips for President Apartments
  • by Fiverforever

" start in the summertime bar for a few cheap drinks, then head to cocktails and dreams then cherrybay "