Sol Aloha Playa Aparthotel

Service: 5.5/10
Value: 5.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sol Aloha Playa Aparthotel

Enjoyed our stay- fantastic view and...

"Enjoyed our stay- fantastic view and the room was comfortable and reasonably appointed. Clean towels and room made up every 2 days. for some reason the swimming pool was out-of-bounds and breakfast and evening meal was arranged for us at Los Patos Hotel just up the road (Not sure why but I guess there weren't enough guests to warrant the catering staff) Los Patos food was very good and their staff friendly and helpful. For the money we can't really complain but don't expect 5 star service."

by P Davison

we stayed at this hotel for 4,...

"we stayed at this hotel for 4, nights, we was on the 13th floor which is the very top, found the room very smellie from stale water, the toilet would not flush correctly, and there was no lock on the door leading to the balcony, overall not a very happy place to stay, you have been warned!!!"

by P Farmer

I read some of the reviews and...

"I read some of the reviews and thought they were unfair. We found hotel great, with towels changed every day, clean beach towels every day, food very good even for picky eaters and staff good. I will go back to this hotel again."

by MD Clearlakes

I was a bit unsure when I read...

"I was a bit unsure when I read reviews on this hotel. We should have been at the San Firmin but was told 2 weeks before deptarting it was closing for winter. When we arrived at the Aloha Playa about 9.30 at night we were met by a very nice man on reception. He booked us in quickly and told us they would hold the restaurant open for us, went down for diner at 10 00 pm, no problem staff was ok.

Our room had been refurbished very nice and clean, TV etc, room cleaned everyday towels changed. Father in law was on top floor, nice big room but not updated as ours. Very good choice on meals, 5 varieties of cereal plus a full fry up. Evening meal good choice beef, lamb, pork, chicken, fish, continental, large bar good prices for hotel but we went out.

A few bars about 5mins walk. More bars 15 -30mins away half hour walk to centre of Benalmadna and marina. Taxi 5euros approx from centre back to hotel about 1 in the morning. I have been to this resort about 10 times now, overhaul this hotel is not bad, we all enjoyed it. On a last note there is a large pool and sunbeds, entertainment had finished due to the time of year but I think there was enough people to have it.

Ps there were no cockroaches when we were there, but plenty of building work at the back of hotel.

by P Dallison

After waiting at reception for ages...

"After waiting at reception for ages we finally got to our room - it was filthy, nothing like the pictures I had seen.

The light fitting was hanging off, the fully equipped kitchen was a joke and the balcony looked dangerous. We did not stay at the hotel in the end it was that bad.

by J Maddocks

This hotel is the most disgusting...

"This hotel is the most disgusting place to ever stay in, firstly me and my step sister were given a room which was falling to bits.

The beds hadn’t even been made after the last people had slept in them, and it was filthy! The staff could only speak basic English and were very arrogant, most of the other residents were Spanish and were very rude.

The place was infested with cockroaches and other insects, the balcony areas were flooded with waste water from the rooms above.

We must have had 4 different rooms between the families before we got settled.

The beds were hard as a rock and the floors hadn’t been swept in months, the bathroom was fairly modern yet the window which was alongside a corridor was just painted over in a dark colour, not very safe or comforting whilst taking a shower (as the window was above the bath).

The kitchen had about 6 items of kitchen equipment and the fridge was not working, the kitchen was very dirty and we couldn’t bare to keep anything in there.

We spent 3/4 days in the hotel then demanded to be transferred to a different hotel, Don Paquito in Torremolinos which was of a much better standard!

When we arrived at Aloha Playa we were told the room would be ready in 10-15 minutes, we much halve been waiting for about 2 and a half hours, with no room to wait in.

I am disgusted to find the beds not even made up or the room cleaned after waiting like fools for 2 and a half hours!

The food was satisfactory but the nighttimes entertainment was obviously for Spanish residents only as the entertainers were talking and singing in Spanish.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone it’s a complete waste of money and I wouldn’t dare to go back again, once again I’m still horrified to learn how rude the staff were!

by H J Kennedy

Lots of Cockroaches! I was sickened...

"Lots of Cockroaches! I was sickened by the lack of care and unfriendly employees at desk it’s a disgrace of a hotel the only good thing was the view and the pool which was ok.

The rooms were hazardous and gross when I and my dad arrived we each took a shower and to our horror the smell on the towels was unbelievable. They had not been changed for ages.

The food was ok, but the beds where the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in they were like pin cushions. TV did not work. Traffic noise was a nightmare.

by Ke Thompson

What a disgrace sending anyone to...

"What a disgrace sending anyone to these apartments. Cracked walls, no hot water, not enough towels, and as for self catering facilities well, what can I say, there wasn’t any.

We arrived at 2pm after spending 1 and half hours (travel agent said it was only 20 mins) on a bus from Malaga airport to the apartments.

Got into the apartment and of course the first thing you want to do is have a shower. Well, no hot water! Plumber had to be called and they had it running within 10 minutes.

The kitchen, 2 cups, 2 saucers, 2 plates, no knives, forks, plates, pots/pans.

The cable from the fridge had a connection wrapped in insulating black tape. TV didn’t work properly. Only supplied with two towels for a week.

The bars, restaurant and pool were all closed.

I would suggest that holiday companies take the place of their list of accommodation.

by A Carswell

This hotel was a shock. Never before...

"This hotel was a shock. Never before have I paid anyone to let me stay in a hole.

I knew the place would be quiet and that not a lot would be opened and if your staying in a nice hotel for a few days then its just a nice break, but staying in the aloha playa would have been a nightmare.

Dirty, lights hanging out of the sockets balconies not fixed to the wall when your on the top floor to me is dangerous glass cracked and broken kitchen. Well I could go on.

by  M Beaton

Hotel was nice and clean but could do...

"Hotel was nice and clean but could do with a bit of upgrading, food wad great something to suit every one, rooms were cleaned every day had small kitchen which was bonus with fridge, staff were great and entertainment was ok, bar good prices with happy hour on twice a night, pool area ok plenty of beds no need to put towels down early.

Down side was all round court area which was being dug up as new apartments were being built at back of hotel, a lot of building noise which I expect to go on for some time.

Good location, across from beach which was nice and clean, bus stop right outside which was great for going to other resorts. Plenty of bars and shops within walking distance.

by  A Oates

Went just for a long week end. The...

"Went just for a long week end. The staff were nice and very helpful. Sadly when we arrived we were informed the restaurant was closed but we could use the hotel up the road if we wished.

We had booked a studio as there were only two of us. The bed area was nice the bathroom was nice if a little small but the kitchen was not in order. The fridge looked new but froze everything, there were two rings to cook on, nothing else not even microwave. There was not enough equipment for three.

The wind whistled through the window and balcony door. It was ok for a long week end for us (two sisters) but I think in the winter when many older people travel the restaurant should be open as it is very difficult at times to find somewhere to eat. We found at this time of year that many places either closed early or had shut for the winter.

There was very little to do or see in Benalmadena or Fuengirola. This place is so totally different in other months. If I had booked for a full week and paid full price I would have been very disappointed. Not recommended for older less mobile people, you would be bored stupid.

A note to diabetics (like my sister) the only place one night to get anything to eat was McDonalds so stock up.

by holidayhound