Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)

Good

Service: 8.5/10
Food: 5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)

Enter your dates:

1 2 3 4 »
fawlty towers night mare nostrum would be a better name for this hotel by belbow

In April my wife and I booked a ten day stay at THE CLEOPATRA HOTEL at a cost of two thousand ponds, on arrival the staff at reception spoke very poor english couldn't understand her, a good start, the room was very tired looking and we thought basic certainly not four star as stated in brochure. The balcony was very small broken chairs tatty table, all was reported nothing was done, by three days later all hell broke loose just down the corridor 3 rooms from us DEMOLITION DERBY they decided to remove the reception area completely and replace it, HAMMER DRILLS, CONCRETE WALLS removed, all work carried out by JOHN WAYNE SONS COWBOYS outfit, people were walking over nails, screws,myself included had a screw in my foot. All this work was carried out on a balcony over the dining area, plaster dust floating down onto the tables glad we did not have an evening meal. The only thing we enjoyed was the breakfast anything you wanted and the sea view from room.

• Holiday details: Apr 2012
  • Advice: BOOK ANOTHER HOTEL WERE THEY SPEAK ENGLISH

EXCELLENT HOTEL CANT WAIT TO GO BACK by AF

service was excellent staff couldnt do enough for you beach on the doorstep rooms were cleaned everyday think the cleaners worked 24 hours a day pool was magnificent breakfast was fresh and plenty of choice cant wait to go back rebooked for next year on arrival check in was fast and very efficient champagne on arrival nice touch

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Breakfast Included, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: pool view recommended

Worst service ever! by glowgrl

My husband & I went for an overnight get away. By phone we were quoted for a sea view room. When we arrived it did have a sea view but two single beds pushed together. Obviously we want to sleep in the same bed (BTW when we booked the girl knew we wanted a queen bed). We kindly asked for a new room. They told us all their seaview rooms with queen beds are booked, so we could keep what we have or move to a room with a queen bed without a seaview. We unhappily opted to move rooms. They never said they would compensate us in anyway for this. We were still expected to pay the sea view room rate eventhough they down graded our room. We ventured out of the room to check out the facility & beach. We were astonished when they actually advertise a beach! Their "beach" was man-made from cement walls with lounge chairs on dried up brown grass! This is Greece we're talking about, you can't call that a beach! This all took about 1hr when we decided lets just leave because it was ridiculous. We told the girl at the reception we'd like to leave. She never asked why only responding very aggressively that we have to pay 50euro if we want to leave or they would call the police. Whoa! Why do we owe money we ask? Because you signed the paper to stay here, she said. Yes but we just checked in & we're unhappy we said. We were not getting through to this girl. We stepped to the side to contemplate staying just so we don't have to give this hotel 50 euro for no reason. After a few minutes she yells over to us "are you going to pay the 50euro or leave" We were astonished she was talking to us this way. We ask her do you really think it's fair for us to pay 50euro when we've only been here an hour? She walks away & comes back with the manager who continues to speak to us very aggressively saying that if we don't pay 50euro that we won't get out the door! All this time we never said we weren't going to pay. In the end we were treated extremely rude were given no hospitality, talked to aggressively & with tempers & left with 50euro less in our pockets & a very sour taste from this establishments false advertising.

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't even bother going!

NEVER again... by Peace

We have just returned from our summer holiday to the Mare Nostrum Resort, in the Mediterranean palace hotel

We stayed for 7 night’s half board and could not wait to come home, we even joined and booked via the Expo membership to have the extra experience which we never got. Not one bit, not even a drink on arrival.

Hotel was extremely out dated, cracks, mould and quick fix jobs everywhere around the hotel. We had a suit with a mountain view which was large enough for a family of 4 but only had one cupboard and 4 draws and 4 small draws in the TV cabinet …. So had to live out our case!!

The kids club had very little security with 10 minutes of leaving our 5 year old daughter she came to find us after the rest of the club went to the go-karting without her, she spent the entire afternoon with us with out any of the staff noticing she was not there.

The house keeping woke us up every morning talking to each from adjacent room and moving furniture, even after complaining to reception and being told it would not happen again it still continued, even louder. You can hear the people in the next room talking through the walls. When getting to the hotel we were given very little information on Entertainment and amenities even no spa information, which we intended to use but ended up not being able to use after the incident with the children club.

In addition to this when trying to contact them afer via the contact page, the website crashed every time I have tried.

When emailing them directly, I exchanged a number of emails with them, an extremely poor excuse for the mistake and horrid experience we had and then they refused to pass me the details of there head office.

I am appalled at the way the customer service was dealt with during and after our stay.

Excellent !! by Bob

Just returned from a relaxing break at the Cleopatra Palace, decided on B&B because we like to eat out and breakfast was my only gripe as poor quality bacon and lack of a decent pork sausage was a let down, plenty of lighter options though to choose from, as for rooms, staff and facilities this hotel cannot be faulted,location is in the heart of Las Americas where you can step on to the beach or cross road to the the many shops etc, will book again next year.

Great Hotel Horrible Food by Clea

Great hotel although was mostly filled with old couples. A lot of variety in breakfast buffet although food was tasteless. Horrible! Apart from this hotel was brilliant. Couldn't fault staff at all. Nice rooms and nice view. Would definitly reccommend and can't wait to go back.

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently

Cleopatra palace by George and Mildred

The staff and food were excellent and the Gala dinner evenings and staff entertaining were very enjoyable and worthwhile.

If you have never experienced a backache and you do not wish to then ask for a topper on the bed .

The pool beds are even harder (made of concrete) and will give you the bad back you avoided by having a topper on the room bed.

A number of clients cottoned on to the concrete beds and went to the Med Palace next door.

This is why the Med Palace pool was almost full and the Cleopatra pool approximately one third full.

In the Summer, I can see a real problem as there will be no spare pool beds for the numerous Cleopatra clients not wanting to have a bad back !!

The evening entertainment was ok but very much geared to older people.

The nightclub was ok but the singers there -with the exeption of the piano player -are Karaoke standard.

Harry's bar over the road is worth a visit.

Don't go, if you want peace and quiet and value for money. by Expected much more

A 5* hotel - Definitely not!!!! The entrance area is impressive but our bedroom and the restaurant were 3*, at best.

I paid 1,900 Euros for 7 nights + breakfast from 28 Dec (+3 Euros per night for a safe + 15 Euro deposit for a pool towel + 6 Euros per hour for internet + I am not sure what charge to open the room fridge, as it was locked).

Call me stupid but after that lot, I expected 5* service because that is how this hotel describes itself.

We were given room 5059 and it had dirty walls, cracked and stained/patched tiles, bathroom ceiling paint peeling and bubbling, mould around the bath (which I tried to clean), an old TV perched about 5 feet in the air. My wife said nothing as I think she was hoping things might improve. They didn't.

Breakfast was in a huge barn of a dining room. It was total bedlam - it reminded me of feeding time at the zoo, with men, women and children (a LOT of children) swarming in hordes between two self-service points containing very average food. And, as we left the dining room, there was a crowd of about 20 exercising on static bikes near the pool. Great, but the boom, boom, boom of the accompanying music did not bode well for a relaxing holiday for old fogies such asmy wife and me. Between the noise, the crowds and the modest quality of supposedly 5* food, the holiday's prospects were beginning to look quite ominous.

So, I approached reception and discussed the bedroom and breakfast conditions, casually mentioning also the boom, boom,boom-related implications for a morning lie-in for anyone in need of it.

I asked if we could move to a different location within the complex. I was told that all other, similar accommodation was booked but that, anyway, a move would have cost me an extra 27 Euros per day.

I asked could we have breakfast at a quieter hotel area. I was told it was possible but would cost an extra 12 Euros per day.

At that point, my wife said she would prefer to go home.

So, I bit the bullet and we moved to the 5** Sir Anthony hotel within the complex

for an extra 800 Euros. Let me put this another way - we moved from one 5* hotel in Mare Nostrum to another 5* there, not because I wanted to spend more money, but just to achieve a quiet stay.

In the Sir A, I was told that the Mediterranean Palace is now being geared towards families. I filled in a customer survey and, when he saw it, the Director/General Manager asked to meet me. I told him all I have written, here and, interestingly, he agreed that the Mediterranean Palace needed to be refurbished. Otherwise, he simply nodded as I spoke and he said little.

My conclusions - if you want a quiet holiday, totally avoid the Mediterranen Palace.

• Holiday details: Dec 2010, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Avoid the Mediterranean Palace

Another Brilliant Time at Mare Nostrum by Aerobird

Just back from a week in Tenerife and had a super time at Mare Nostrum. We decided this time to upgrade to a superior room with plunge pool. Although a lot more expensive than an ordinary room, it was worth it. We were lucky to get a pool view room that we could also see the sea and beach from. If you were too hot, you could go into your pool to cool off or into the room. I agree with other reviewers that the rooms are a little tired but we still enjoyed our stay. They were always cleaned well every day and we had plenty of towels. We stayed on a B&B rate and as always the breakfasts were excellent. We have already booked to go again in October.

Just lacks something by smudger1862

Staff were friendly and polite, rooms clean and tidy, but starting to get a little tired.

Good position for Restraunts etc. but needed to be as food not good. They appear to be refurbing parts of the main lobby when we were there.

Would consider returning if the price was right.

Nice hotel, but everthing cost there,gym,table tennis,and its not cheap. by amanda33

a very nice and clean hotel, the staff were friendly ,not great at speaking english, shows were awful,very tacky,evening entertainment was rubbish,everything costs table tennis,tennis,gym, spa really expensive,the sattelight consisted of 5 news channels and there was no internet ,

a great place to stay by stokeylee

Arrived back from the Mare Nostrum in Las Americas on 20-3-2009 where we stayed for 2 weeks.This was our 5th time of staying at this hotel and plan to go back in September.In general the hotel is very good and i cant believe some of the views its had from other reviewers.The rooms are abit basic but very clean with maid service every day that changed our towls and cleaned the rooms.The one thing that did annoy us was that out of 45 tv channels there are only 3 English speaking channels and they were news programms.The other channels are Spanish & mostly German.We stayed bed & breakfast which were fantastic.The pool area was great and very clean and our 2 year old daughter loved it in the heated childrens pool.The hotel was packed but there was still plenty of sun lounges to chose from.One gripe i had though was the prices at the poolside bar/cafe.2 toasties,2 small glasses of coke and 1 bowl of chips for 20 euros then you are expected to leave a %10 tip.Dont think so! You cant get a better location to stay.Everything you need is right on your doorstep and the hotel is 20m from the beach.I will give you 1 bit of advice though,what ever money you were planning on taking add %40.Its so expensive.If you drink and eat in the lairey bars near the hotel its very costly but if you find the little british bars its much better value and the foods nicer aswell.cant wait till september

1 2 3 4 »

Stayed at Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)? Share your insight.

Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) also called

• cleopatra hotel tenerife
  • Cleopatra Palace Hotel
  • Julio Cesar Palace
  • Marco Antonio Palace
  • Mare Nostrum Resort
  • Address: Avenida de las Americas s/n Playa del Camison, Tenerife 38660, Spain

Map for Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort) Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 9.9 miles

Top traveller tips for Cleopatra Palace Hotel (Mare Nostrum Resort)
  • by Clea

" Pick the sea view room. Worth that little bit extra "