Puerto Feliz Aparthotel

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10

1 2 3 »
good

"stayed here for 9 night, the rooms were kept very clean the pool area was kept clean and tidy, pool was very cold sometimes that was a good thing with the temp been so hot.would go back to puerto feliz apartment again."

• Holiday details: Apr 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
by mick and andrea

Dont know whats going on with these...

"Dont know whats going on with these reviews ! this hotel is nothing short of a nightmare.What a complete hell hole, very dirty looks like the set from " LIFE ON MARS". I cant be wrong because Mytravel refunded the whole cost of the holiday on my evidence, so please trust me dont waste your hard earned money !. Mytravel dont refund holiday costs for nothing do they ?"

by M Parr

Hi had a great time at puerto rico...

"Hi had a great time at puerto rico and the hotel puerto feliz.

went with my boyfriend and daughter. ive not really much to complain about apart from we was put on a floor next to a load of teenagers which kept us up(until i got ear plugs).

there was no air con but it wasnt too hot at night.

We loved the harbour and the dolphin trip is a must have.

We mostly went too the tropicano at night which is sittuated in the center.

We enjoyed the food. Whatever you do dont get sucked into going to a place called anfi as its a time share place and we got sucked in as our tour guide didnt tell us this.

Can be noisy at night untill 3am but i got ear plugs so it didnt effect me.

Go to maspalomas water park its fab!!!

The cleaners were great at the hotel it was cleaned every day,even our poys got washed.

The steps wasnt too much of a problem as there is an other route around.

What can i say i loved it and be going back in 2009. Donna in chesterfield.

by D Ravey

we thought that the puerto feliz...

"we thought that the puerto feliz apartments were fantastic. the accomodation was superb and the balconey on the forth floor apartments that we stayed in were the best.

the noise from the night life, was barable as we were a group of 6 young livley adults.

The only thing we found wrong with this apartment was that the pool was sea water and always cold. Also you couldnt take your own drinks to the poolside bar.

over all our stay was very enjoyable and we are looking to return in the near future

by Group Of 6

Puerto Rico is an excellent resort...

"Puerto Rico is an excellent resort for all. Definitely go back, but would not stay at the Felix Aparthotel. Rooms very basic but relatively clean, desperate need for modernisation.

Location was central but being half way up the valley side it was not good for the less able or (like myself) the unfit. Also the noise from the night clubs, bars and restaurants was horrendous. Far too noisy which we were not informed about.

The staff were not friendly, hardly getting a grunt from most. The pool was ok, very untidy and not kept clean. Not that we spent much time there as we could not get a bed due to over eager & selfish fellow English tourist setting up camp in the early hours! (So it seemed).

The above comments won’t really be taken in to account as we were told the apartments are up for sale and won’t be in any holiday brochures. No great loss!!!

by R A  Hill

Myself & my boyfriend travelled...

"Myself & my boyfriend travelled to this complex in Oct 2006. We found the apartments clean and had all that you needed in them. However, the bedrooms were very small and no air con was working. The decor was a little dated but wasn’t too bad.

The pool area of the hotel was very nice and sun loungers were always available. We went self catering, but there is a pool side bar that sells breakfasts, lunches and snacks if you are hungry! I would recommend the sausage sandwich.

It’s a short walk down about 300 steps to the main area of Puerto Rico, where you will find shops, restaurants etc. Also, you can go down to the harbour- where I would recommend that you rent a moped, as this was great fun.

Overall, a great holiday, lovely weather and nice food.

by J O'Reilly

The surrounding area was great, lots...

"The surrounding area was great, lots to do and see. Beware of the fake ticket people though! I agree the noise is loud in the evenings but not unbearable, the worst noise at our stay was a group of teens in the room below, however I noticed a few rooms surrounding us complained and the hotel staff relocated them immediately.

The hotel itself is nice. I didn't use the restaurant there however, the pool is clean and the pool bar is good, with a good quiz night every week.

The room was ok. We had a few problems, such as the curtains didn't match and the bathroom door was hard to open when closed. Our fridge also didn't work but after complaining it was sorted in 10 minutes. The reception staff are helpful and full of knowledge of local attractions.

Only major problem of the area is the 200+ steps from the centre to the hotel!

Will definately go back again and would definitely recommend the Puerto Feliz Apartments.

by V Lovegrve

My boyfriend (19) and I (18) stayed...

"My boyfriend (19) and I (18) stayed at the Puerto Feliz Apartments in Puerto Rico at the beginning of this year and we both had a great time!

The room was clean and had everything we needed, it was cleaned everyday (bins emptied, towels changed). The people were very friendly and there was a shop just beside the apartments which had practically everything you would need!

There is a snack bar at the pool which serves lovely food and has lovely well mannered staff that are always happy to help. The pool is clean and large enough to have a good swim around and the sun terraces are just amazing! There wasn't one day were we were fighting for a lounger. We could get out our bed at 11am and there would still be plenty of room for us!

The location of the apartment was just perfect too. It took 2 mins to walk down to the commercial centre, and to my boyfriend's pleasure there was a McDonalds at the bottom of the steps! The atmosphere at night is great too, we felt so safe just walking around at 11pm at night down to the beach etc or just a stroll around.

The only thing was going back up all them steps at night, which I wouldn't recommend for the people with walking difficulties.

All in all a fantastic holiday and we have actually booked to go again the same time 2008!

Definitely recommend! 10 out of 10 holiday!

by D Stewart

Third time in Puerto Rico and these...

"Third time in Puerto Rico and these were by far the best apartments! Night porter and other staff were lovely, and the towels were changed every day! Our balcony was unbelievably huge! even had sun-loungers on it, not that we needed them cos the pool area is really big and there are loads of sun loungers there! The apartment itself was also a decent size, and we only saw 1 cockroach in 2 weeks.

The apartments are very close to the action at the commercial centre, and the hundreds of steps really aren't as bad as everyone makes out!

For food, I recommend Churchills! Best Sunday roast around! and there's nothing like a bit of karaoke in Donalds to round off your night!

We will definately be going back to the Puerto Feliz and don't have a bad thing to say about the place! I's recommend it to anyone!

by G Barclay

We returned from Puerto Rico last...

"We returned from Puerto Rico last week and thoroughly enjoyed the resort. Gran Canaria itself is a very beautiful island with plenty of sights to see.

The Puerto Feliz apartments is a very basic accommodation with a fancy foyer. The rooms do not have air conditioning which anyone staying at this accommodation will find out to be essential. Especially if feeling unwell and fancying a night in the apartment, as the noise from the main night life is very loud in these apartments until 4 am each night. The noise itself is not the problem its how hot the room gets when you cant open the doors.

The other reason you would not want to open the doors at night is the flying cockroaches they do prefer the indoors (or so they did in our room). And they are big!!!

The man on reception does not allow any visitors so anyone fancying a holiday romance your out of luck!!!

As for My travel all I can say is that I have never moaned about any holiday in my life but the reps had to be the most arrogant and rude reps I have ever had contact with. we were not the only ones feeling this way so there had to be truth in it.

I would NEVER travel with My Travel again due to this.

The pool area was nice but there was some competition for sun lounges around the pool. Got annoying when people not from the hotel were using them.

The pool food was quite basic and not cheap in comparison to prices in the resort, the casa nova (posh one two doors away) served much better quality food for far cheaper, you can use their facilities if you ask at their reception.

As for Puerto Rico itself, all the locals were extremely friendly and cheery. Definitely try out Buddys bar (far end, top floor shopping centre opposite Harrys room fish shop) 1 euro a pint 2 euros shorts and mixers cant be beaten and the owners are mad!!! most of the local english flock to this bar on weekends as it is so friendly and relaxing and great for couples, families and singles.

We are off back to Puerto in October just not to the same apartments. In all we had a fab time just would have preferred better accommodation and reps who were bothered about the people who make their jobs!!!

But check out the masses of sexy spanish waiters all over the place.

by Y Harrison

This was the best week of my life!...

"This was the best week of my life! Went there with a few mates and was excellent!

Apartment was very good, they didn’t mind what time you came in!

Has lots of clubs for youngsters like myself and I suggest Jokers as it’s the best club there, and also Harleys!

10 out of 10! Amazing.

by J Pniok

I'm 18 and went with 5 of my mates to...

"I'm 18 and went with 5 of my mates to this resort starting on the 25th of June for a week. We all had a fantastic time, the weather was lovely, at least 26 degrees every day and not a drop of rain.

The food at the Puerto Feliz was really nice and cheap and you was able to take it and eat it beside the pool. Or even have a pint beside it which I found was really good.

The pool was very clean and had plenty of space to swim, or if you didn’t fancy that, loads of room to sunbathe as every person had a sunbed.

At night, we could watch the sunset over the hill opposite us which provided us with a lovely view from our balcony of the beach and watch the nightlife progress.

It can get a bit noisy from the centre so I don't recommend elderly people coming here but if you are our age, I strongly recommend it.

The room itself was clean and had everything we need. We are all coming back at the end of August because we had such a good time. See ya soon Puerto Rico!

by DW Webbi