Nissaki Beach Hotel

Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Nissaki Beach Hotel

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
Dated and isolated but nice. Last minute price made this a bargain! by dagamba

As I am from you-know-where, I'll have to start with the downsides. We Austrians always have to complain, first.

The Nissaki beach hotel is located in an isolated place nowhere near anything. Next bay/tavern is around 2 kms (1.3 mls), next village and supermarket 4 km. If you want to get around, I strongly recommend to book a rental car (at least for a few days) through your tour operator, as rental car prices at the hotel itself are slightly steep.

I would assume that you know that 4 stars in Greece compare to 3 stars anywhere else in Europe.

It's got a pebble beach, no matter what they say. There are traces of sand far up and on the playground, but nowhere near the beach. With all advantages (crystal clear water, plenty of wild life in there, no sand in the rooms) and disadvantages (walking on pebbles can be vastly improved by special neoprene shoes available at the hotel store for acceptable prices, cleaning a pebble beach seems to be a challenge).

The hotel has what I'd call charming patina, it's slightly dated. The rubber lining of the pool and baby pool are starting to disintegrate, though, and are in dear need of a makeover.

I found animation and entertainment useless. And a little importunate at times. Maybe that was due to after season. Never made it to the night programme, though, as we were travelling with our < 2yr old daughter.

Food at breakfast/lunch/dinner buffets is OK (with a large variety of dishes to choose from) but not outstanding (there was one evening with really outstanding food, made with passion, though!). What struck us was the almost complete absence of sea food so close to the sea (and with large sea breams swimming between your legs in the ocean) and - if available - its poor quality compared to everything else.

What else? Wasps, mosquitoes and nibbling fish at the beach (hilarious!), maybe.

- end complaints section -

Continuing with food: We did not die of watermelon deficiency, even if they hacked up the poor fruits into chunks. Very well chosen very aromatic and sweet melons, served in abundance. Watermelon is integral part of a holiday in Greece for me. Snacks and drinks available for all-inclusive guests were satisfactory. I strongly recommend booking all inclusive through a tour operator as it is slightly on the expensive side (~20 €/day) booked at the hotel itself.

Staff was charming! Lovely people from all over Europe (Greeks were a minority). Free baby sitting for hours for children from age 5 upwards, as well. They agreed on keeping our 2-yr-old happy for an hour or two if one of us stayed nearby. And she was happy!

Even the economy room was large enough for a double bed and a baby bed and a group of lounge chairs. The room itself was fairly well maintained and kept in a tasteful Mediterranean country style. As the hotel is built into the mountain, our sixth floor room was on ground level, in back. Something that thankfully increases safety with a 2-yr-old. The usual Greek ant invasion on ground level was almost inexistent here. Probably due to the meticulous cleaning efforts by the staff. With our room, all appliances (even in the bathroom) worked perfectly. Worth mentioning, in Greece. With a room this far back in the hotel, we didn't even notice night time activities (if there were any), the room and balcony were really quiet day and night and baby had a good nights sleep.

At the hotel beach itself apart from the hotel facilities, you can find 2 other tavernas with OK food and drinks within few hundred meters. But, walking on a path (with some stairs) along the shore (a lovely walk, as well!), after less than 2 km, you reach another bay (Kokinaki Beach) with a taverna on the far side called something like The Rock. Very good food, charming environment, lovely view! Here, you get all the sea food you missed at the hotel!

What I really do recommend is renting a pedal boat (I fear, they only have two) and pedalling to the next bay south of the hotel (Kokinaki Beach). At least you can go to above Taverna during lunch time (you have to return the boat until 5 pm). Sea usually is calm enough for this trip.

Summary: An OK hotel if you can live with its remoteness and are happy with the little it offers. I'd say perfect for people with small children or others that want a quiet and peaceful holiday. As we booked last minute and got a drop-dead cheap price, it was great value for the money! But don't spend thousands for this. You might be disappointed.

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, booked with Gulet Austria
  • Advice: Buy pebble beach shoes and rent a pedal boat. And a rental car for a few days. Walk to the next bay (Kokinaki) south.

Lazy Getaway by stuartyoda

My wife and i booked this hotel / holiday 5 hours before we flew.

We had a great time. 45 minutes from Corfu town which meant we saw the real Corfu. No Drunks, just a relaxing well run hotel with ok food on a great location. Staff very frienly and Animation team worked hard to keep us all involved.

Big thumbs up to all there and we miss you already. Only been back 4 days.

Regards

Stuart and Justyna Shepherd

Reading England

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Half Board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Yes
  • Activities: The beach and Corfu Town. Liston Strip for lunch was relaxing

Brilliant by wilf

We spent a week at this hotel last summer and are now looking to book there again this year. If you are looking for a relaxing break, this place is brilliant. It is a distance to travel out for the day, but that depends what your looking for, we were happy where we were and there was always things going on. The food was great the staff were lovely and always happy to help! The rooms are a good size and very clean. Entertainment was always worth a look too. We really enjoyed are time there and spoke to many other couple who had been back several years in a row.

The people here are very friendly who could not have been more welcoming!

• Holiday details: May 2008, All Inclusive, Booked Independently

We have just returned from here - we... by R Hodges

We have just returned from here - we tried to change to a different hotel or resort after arriving but were told nothing else available.

This hotel is in the middle of nowhere - no shops, bars, bus stop nothing. You will have to hire a very expensive car through the hotel (no car hire places within 1/2 hour of hotel) to escape. The brochure promises all sorts of sports facilities and entertainment - not true as not here. Thomas Cook rep not interested at all - never saw her again - will not travel with them again. Do not come to the hotel expecting sailing/windsurfing and PADI diving school like we did - they are not here at all.

The hotel is plagued by swarms of wasps and insects - as there is nowhere else to eat or drink close by you have to deal with 9 or so wasps per drink or plate of food - we have come home covered in stings and bites. The British guests are by far the minority (only 10 when we stayed) the rest (mainly Russian) are on all inclusive and the drinks and food to buy are very very expensive as you have no other option as nowhere else to go.

The pool is filthy and so cloudy you cannot see the bottom - after becoming unwell and getting sore throats we decided not to use the pool again and drove to another hotel to use theirs. Don’t think that the beach below will compensate either - all pebbles going into very sharp rocks under the water - we wondered when we arrived why there was no one in the sea!!!!!

The evening entertainment is very poor and amateur - the animation team run around the stage for 1 hour every evening - except Friday when Greek Night occurs a tedious hour of local dances (we recognised Hotel workers in the group - terrible stuff). There is no cabaret, no disco, no dancing not that you would want to hang around with the awful sewerage smell and insects for too long.

In short - save your money go somewhere decent and safe.

I have just arrived back from a 2... by  F Jenner

I have just arrived back from a 2 week stay in Nissaki Beach Hotel, Corfu and hope my following comments will be useful.

The hotel is situated about 40 minutes coach ride away from Corfu town, between two olive groves and has its own wonderful views of Albania and mainland Greece. However, I had no idea how remote it was and I was shocked at how 'trapped' I felt. The neighbouring Agni bay is beautiful and worth the walk but be prepared for the rough, steep path! I didn't hire a car as I was nervous of the narrow, steep, winding roads; however the hotel has a courtesy bus which leaves at 9.00 and returns from Corfu town at 13.00. The bus runs from Monday to Saturday. I relied heavily on the hotel bus and on excursions to get me out and about.

The hotel is very clean and my room was serviced daily with clean sheets and towels. Unfortunately, the drains on Corfu cannot cope with any paper being flushed down the toilets and so one has to deposit used tissues and loo paper in bins, this is not as ghastly as it may sound as the bin is emptied everyday. (A packet of scented nappy bags was one of my better ideas!) The hotel food was wonderful, plenty of choice and beautifully presented. It is buffet style and so one can have as little or as much as one wants. There is also a snack bar by the pool where tasty snacks can be bought. The all inclusive guests could get an a la carte meal at lunch time.

The young animation team worked hard to entertain the guests. During the daytime, there was a good variety of sport and leisure activities including mini golf, table tennis, beach volleyball, archery, tennis and swimming. However, I thought the evening entertainment was poor; the animation team did their best but they are not professional entertainers. In view of the fact that the hotel is so far from civilization, I was hoping that there would be dancing and music every night with a handful of professional entertainers thrown in, but usually after the 'show' the night life fizzled to a handful of people having drinks together. The shingle beach is not of the type that one can go for a nightly stroll and so most nights I found myself either in the bar or in my room reading a book.

In conclusion, the hotel itself is a good 3 to 4 star environment and the staff work hard to make the guests welcome. However, owing to its location this is not the place to stay unless guests either hire a car or enjoy hiking! The next village is over a mile away and Corfu town is a good 14 miles away.

Nice Hotel, spoilt by the entertainment. by MATALOW1

I was'nt too sure what to expect when we went to the Nissaki Beach because I had read some conflicting reports on this Web site regarding the same, however we were pleasantly surprised by what we found. We have been to a good number of the Greek Islands previously and stayed in a variety of reasonable to good Hotels in the past and I would say that this Hotel is up with the better of those. I would comment that the Hotel could do with a fresh coat of Masonary paint to brighten up the exterior of the building which looks rather drab at a first glance but apart from that the rooms are clean, bed and linen are changed regularly. We paid a little extra on arrival for a Full Sea view room which we prefer and the usual for a Safety Deposit Box but that was about it. We stayed on a Half Board basis, but fully inclusive is an option if you are not planning to move very far from the Hotel. The food was of very good quality if a little repetitive but you would have to be really picky if you could not find something you liked from the range on offer. The location of the Hotel would not suit some as it is at the bottom of a very steep incline and a little remote from any major nightlife, but it suited our taste perfectly.

The main things I would have any comment on were the Entertainment in the evening was poor, O.K. if you were a German speaker as it appeared to be mainly aimed at that market as were the Television channels. Unfortunatly the Germans still havent lost that air of arrogance about them and on the week we spent there the Hotel was about 80% occupied by Germans, the rest a mixture of Brits and other Europeans.

Run down and smelly with grumpy staff by A TripAdvisor Member

We went to this hotel on our honeymoon so maybe our expectations were a bit high but this 4 star hotel didn't even measure up to some 2 star last minute deals I've been to in the past! The hotel smelled of sewerage (thanks to the outlet pipe which ran - not very far - into the sea right outside the hotel). The staff were grumpy. The hotel room was run down and a bit shabby. The lobby was nice but the bar never seemed to be open. However the food was okay. Good if you want to get away from it all - but be warned there is very little to do in Nissaki and the treacherous mountain roads put us off hiring a car to travel around the island. It's a pebble beach and you have to pay for sun loungers on the hotel's own beach. Oh and don't go if you don't like hills there is a 10-15 minute walk up a very steep hill to the main road. That's it moan over - I wouldn't recommend it but other people seem satisfied with it!

Peacful 'get away from it all' Time by Myfannwy

The hotel was isolated so if you want noisy,late nights and busy days then its not for you.If you want peace,friendly hotel,lovely staff,private beach,clear beautiful seas,pleasant walks through Olive Groves,quiet social drinks in excellent tavernas(only 2 nearby) and three 25 minutes walk to Agni, then this is the place to be.

Beautiful sunrise and sun sets looking from our hotel room out onto Albania,main land Greece and over Corfu Town to our right.

Corfu Town was 23 kilometres away.it is a fabulous town with its cosmopolitan feel yet plenty of old streets full of character and history ( and beautiful shops!)Corfu Town had plenty to offer with places of historical interest alonside the charm of the modern day life.Lovely people,wonderful food,beautiful town,awe inspiring island and a fabulous hotel.. a splendid holiday!

What a lovely place by A TripAdvisor Member

My family and I visited Nissaki Beach Hotel in August 2004 and cannot say anything bad about it. We were a little apprenhensive after reading the 2003 reviews but they must have changed things. You couldn't fault all the staff, they were all very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very clean and the maid service was brilliant.

The food was brilliant with some very friendly waiters to clear your table and look after you.

The beach is pebbly and can hurt your feet so make sure you take some jelly shoes or similiar. There are a few wasps around but not enough to scare you off.

The entertainment in the evening was adequate.

There is a free bus into Corfu Town every morning except Sunday. It leaves at 9.00am and returns at 2.00pm. This is really worth going on as it is rather busy parking in Corfu Town, which is a must to visit.

The hotel is situated away from some villages. We could not have done without our little hired car to take us places.

Lovely views across the sea from the hotel.

2 weeks atkins diet by A TripAdvisor Member

It was with some trepidation we went to this hotel having read 2003 reviews on the hotel.

Maybe it was a result of these but the hotel had none of the failings previously mentioned.

The food was exceptional, easily the best quality, variety and quantity we've experienced in many years. There was an obvoius pride in the menus and the food provided each evening and the waiters delighted in attending us. The kids ate well and tried many of the lovely dishes provided and didn't come back with plates of chips. We had to take a break from it as it was too much. Eating out at the Linden for a change wasn't any better and a "great deal more expensive".

The rooms were fresh and well maintained and the maid service thorough.

The location was well described in the brochure.

It is on a hill side on a beach several kilometers from the nearest town.So there are no shops and its hilly around it and you are "tied" to the hotel,tho there was a free bus to/from corfu every day.

The animation team were freindly and enthusiastic and kept those adults and kids who wanted to participate well occupied.The evening entertainment was reasonable but did border a bit much on audience participation. In a hotel this size in this remote location there should have been a bigger effort/resource.

Would recommend the hotel to anyone who likes a high quality hotel on a beach away from the main strip-we'd go back tomorrow

food afwful by A TripAdvisor Member

my family and i visited nissaki beach hotel, july 2003.

The first week was lovely, the second week, my 3 year old and myself got salmonella, it was really awful, so watch what food you eat, it stands around for ages and nothing seems to be piping hot, also the amount of flys and wasps, UGH !!!!

I must reccomend the first Taverna along the beach front, it is excellent, they could not do enough for my little boy who collapsed with the heat and food poisoning from nissaki beach hotel,

They are fantastic,

Theos, and Panas are fantastic guys well worth visiting, and they adore children.

beautiful sea but scrabby hotel by A TripAdvisor Member

I was there in summer 2003. The hotel is rated 4 star but in reality it's worth 3 star only.

The room had a nice view on the sea ,but the furniture was very "used" (i.e. the air conditioning commands are of the 1970 type and didn't work properly any more).

Everything seemed very old and torn: you had to cue up for evening meals because the restaurant is too small, and the staff was disorganized and often rude like shepherds.

The breakfast offer was very poor for choice and quality. Moreover you was afflicted by wasps that had their breakfast with you all the mornings.

The corridor ceilings had a lot of water stains.

To go to the beach you had to use the elevators(only two for the whole hotel) because the entrance of the hotel is on the top of the building. But, during my stay, one of the two was always out of work. So, you had to wait an eternity to catch them.

Finally, the pool was small and, when the staff had to clean the sun bed area, they took it very easy and you had to wait until 10.00 AM before they had finished. Of course the staff of the pool was rude and had shepherd-like manners like all of them.

Thanks God the sea was astonishing beautiful and clean and the location very relaxing.

But these is thanks to Nature and not to Nissaki Beach Hotel.

1 2 »

Stayed at Nissaki Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Nissaki Beach Hotel also called

• beach corfu hotel nissaki
  • hotel nissaki beach
  • hotel nissaki beach corfu
  • nissaki beach
  • Address: P.O. Box 69, Corfu 49100, Greece

Map for Nissaki Beach Hotel Closest airport: Ioannis Kapodistrias (CFU) 9.6 miles