El Greco Hotel

Stayed at El Greco Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Service: 8.5/10
Food: 9/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for El Greco Hotel

« 1 2 3 412 »
My thoughts of El Greco 2010

"The hotel El Greco & ALL staff were excellent. The rooms were basic but clean & tidy with maid service every day. The food was excellent but repetitive. The beach is very clean & the sea beautiful & clear. My only disappointment was the evening entertainment or rather the lack of it! From 7pm every evening all there was available was a stampede of unruly children,running & jumping about & spilling drinks! I am fully understanding the children are on their holidays but most of the behaviour was unsociable. When there was an entertainer on stage, it was spoiled by the children constantly climbing on the stage. The resort itself is very quiet & there is a good variety of shops. An excellent hotel for families not for couples."

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by playbabe

Fab hol at El Greco

"Our family had a great holiday there, definately booking again for next year...Hotel was immaculate, food was delicious (the freshly made pizza's are out of this world)and staff were really friendly.

The beach is on the doorstep of the hotel, there's a few steps going down to the sand but that didnt put me off & we had a puchchair to carry down every day! The sea is great for kids as it's shallow for quite a few feet, so you can sort of sit back & watch them paddle with being panicked.

My husband thought the 'local' alcohol was great & not weakened down like in some 'all inclusive' hotels that we've been to!

Loved it, loved it, loved it......see you next year El Greco! x

by EJB

Fabulous 3 star hotel!!

"This hotel was clean, nice, GREAT staff, lovely beach with a real comfy beds,great food, for an all inclusive, non watered down drinks, a few steps here and there!!!GREAT value for money. It was as good as any 4 star hotel we have been to, if not better..............BUT!!! What a shame that a load of "Slobs" holiday there, who give us British a bad name, and really do not appreciate the hard working brilliant staff.It was all inclusive, a 1st time experience for me, so all I can say, is, what is wrong with showing a bit of appreciation and leaving a little tip, now and then to the brilliant staff."

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: FAB hotel, staff, but most clients were slobs!!
by Matilda

Fab Would use again

"We went to the El Greco Hotel in Portinatx in May 2010

On arrival we were greated by a very friendly receptionist. The hotel was very clean with the rooms cleaned every day and the towels and bedding changed daily. We were very impressed with the food. Pizzas, fresh fish and grilled steak or pork was cooked while we waited and all the other food was very good with a different selection/variety every day.

Bar Staff and dining hall staff were all cheerful and welcoming to us. During the day the children were entertained and the water park opposite meant that the hotel pool was reasonably quiet, but if the poolside was full we walked 14 steps down to the beach. Swimming with large tropical fish was brilliant. I would recommed taking a snorkle to look under the sea. If i had to find a fault it would be the positioning of the stage. You had to get a seat early to have a front facing seat or watch the show from the side. Other than that I cant say anything wrong. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We hope to return in October this year.

• Advice: Loved this hotel looking forward to returning October
by MacnVal

Excellent holiday

"Just returned from a week at the El Greco, what a fantastic hotel to stay at. It was clean and tidy, staff were brilliant, food was fantastic and the rooms were adequate for a family. The beach was right on your door step and the water park, although small kept everyone amused for a few hours. Food was available for at least 90% of the day and the kids were able to access as much ice cream and drinks all day until they were ready to pop. It is a fantastic place for a family to chill out and recharge your batteries and enjoy some amazing scenery along the coast line. We were dubious about the amount of steps at the hotel when we booked but it not as bad as we thought it would be, although if you have buggies be prepared."

• Advice: Loved Portinatx, for quiet relaxing holiday
by Southy

Perfect

"in a word perfect, amazing place to go, friendly staff, beautiful weather, the only thing i was disapointed at was that because we didnt book with 1st choice the 1st choice entertainment people wouldnt let our children take part in any of the childrens activities. Booooo to 1st choice....

apart for that perfect holiday and amazing entertainment.

by stokie

Excellent

"I am 18 and my boyfriend 20, i have been going to the el greco since i was an early teen. I am not one for clubbing so prefer the quiter resorts. Potinatx is a quiet area of Ibiza, so it is perfect for me. however if you are looking to go to the clubs, id recomend you book at san antonio. The hotel is great, clean and tidy and recently refurbished. The food is good, my boyfriend and myself are quite fussy eaters so the pizza/pasta section is fab, with handmade pizzas that you can watch him make from scratch. I myself have never been in the pool in all my stays, this is because it gets quite crowded and full of kids, it isn't a big pool so it does get quite cramped. We go to the waterpark everyday apart from the one day when it is closed, the waterpark is ace, there is a bar where you can get drinks and ice creams. To go on the beach is a couple of steps from the hotel so this holiday would not be recommended for disabled people or people with pushchairs and the elderly. The beach is awesome, but beware do wear flip flops as by lunch time the sand is that HOT!, the sea is nice and clear, great for snorkeling and if you buy a baguette from the local shop for less than 1euro, you can feed the fish, they will swarm you and eat the bread right out of your hand. We are going back in June 2010, this will be my 6th time and my boyfriends 3rd time. We love it and would recomend it to anyone. I dont see where people are getting these bad reviews from as myself and my family have never had a problem with this hotel. Please don't listen to the bad reviews, this is a 3 star hotel but its definately worth it!"

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Already booked next holiday here in june, best place in ibiza!
by Mel91

GOOD

"This hotel was brilliant,, there wasnt much smell or enything,, the pool size was fine,, and the beach not that far away,"

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
by KeLLie

best hotel in the world

"Visited Hotel El Greco in july 09 and have just booked for june 10!! this will be my 5th time returning to the hotel i just love it!

on arriving at the hotel the reception staff are very friendly and helpful. the last room i stayed in was not very big but then again all you need your room for is to sleep and freshen up, this resort is soo beautiful you wont spend much time cooped up in the hotel.

the hotel is very clean and the maids are in your room every day cleaning even if your stil in bed lol

there are alot of steps to get anywhere but thats good because you can burn off all the food and drink you consume!

there is a very wide selection of food to chose from everynite you will find something different and even to suit the fussiest of eaters. I recommend trying Del Boys in the morning for a good english fry went there every morning without fail!

the bar staff always make the holiday for me you can have a good laugh with them and they are very friendly and even if they see you out in the resort would say hi to you.

if you are going in july i would recommend staying away from the festival, im a 20 year old girl and my friend and i felt very uneased when we went to it and left early it was better the first few times we went to it.

the glass bottom boat is a must - it takes you out and you can feed the fishes and look at the sunken ship would highly recommend this.

the hippy market is on outside the hotel on a sunday nite and you have to visit this! most of the sellers are very irratating but you have to know how to haggle and us british are good at that!

all in all best hotel iv ever stayed in and this being my fifth time going back you know they must be doing something right

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by steponme89

Fantastic Unspoilt Beauty

"We're definately going back next year, in fact we've already booked it independtly. It was worth every penny. The hotel was lovely and clean, the rooms were cleaned daily. The staff were accomadating and friendly. The food was slightly repetative, but so is mine at home. But I'm leaving the best for last, Portinaxt was pure unspoilt beauty, the bay and beach was a minutes walk away from the hotel. The beach was never over crowded, and another minutes walk away was the water park, which my 2 boys 11 & 6 thought was fantastic. The village was a couple of minutes walk away from the hotel, which at night after your evening meal was lovely to walk to, sit on a bench over looking the harbour and watching the world go by.

The evening entertainement at the hotel didn't really awe inspire me, but neither my husband, children and me are really keen on this sort of thing, but one of the good things about it was the entertainment finished by midnight, and everything in the hotel shut down.

The all incliusive part of the hotel was fantastic- drinks actually served in glasses, and endless amounts of icecream for the children, this is one of the best all inclusives I've stayed in, and I would definately rate the Hotel higher then a 3 star

There were no rowdy yobs, and I felt as if I was actualluy on holiday in a foreign country.

My only downside of this holiday is that we booked through a travel company, which when talking to other holiday makers realised that we had paid a considerable amount more than booking independently, which we have done for next year- CANT WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: Must visit if you enjoy the quiet life
  • Activities: Ibiza town

Lush Island Life

"We just got back from our 1st trip (will go again) The Hotel is excellent for the price, the staff are always polite and helpful especially if you try the language! The setting is beautiful and if your lucky enough to get a view of the bay it's breathtaking, we didn't but we also didn't want to stay in our room you should get out and explore! Rooms are sufficent to rest your head and freshen up! What really pleased us was the food, the choices, the pizza and pasta bar, the fresh fish and meat grill and if you want to eat healthy you can but also if your crying out for hamburgers, chips and nuggets! they are available too! The entertainment was split evenly for the children and adults, Some of the hired entertainment was hit and miss but it was end of season but the resident entertainers Patricia & Barry, What a couple! Funny, affable and Patricia does a mean Flamenco! My only concern was the alcohol which seem watered down shall we say, even though the measures were triple sometimes quadruple what you'd receive in england but it was All-Inclusive so I suppose they have to be careful. When we ventured out to other bars thats when we noticed the difference but obviously you had to pay.

We already decided after exploring the island further we will definitely return to Portinatx. I recommend a swim out to the cave on the right hand side of the bay or if your feeling adventurous take a walk round to the other beach to the left and follow the coast from the beach past the fishing boat to the end where you can dive straight in to water and find more caves.

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by Pablo23

alright

"just got back from El greco 1st time abroad so i was expecting more... hotel was lovely and clean wasn't alot of entertainment for the children so it was a bit disappointing... beach so close alot of steps tho... enjoyed it tho i would go again"

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: it was lovely
by lo

« 1 2 3 412 »

Map for El Greco Hotel Closest airport: Ibiza (IBZ) 18.1 miles
El Greco Hotel photos (10 traveller photos)