Protur Alicia Hotel

C/ Na Llambies 26, Majorca 07559, Spain
hotel photo

Stayed at Protur Alicia Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Service: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Protur Alicia Hotel

« 1 2 3 »
This was our first visit to the...

"This was our first visit to the Alicia, but our 7th time to Cala Bona/Millor. This has been the best hotel we have stayed in for a very long time.The standard of the room was excellent, with fabulous sea views from the balcony. The food was excellent also with a very good range of food for all tastes. The chef was on hand to cook the days specials as you waited. The facilities of the hotel were very good, as were the friendly nature of all the staff. The location close to the beach and harbour area was very good, this will not be our last visit to the Alicia."

by D Shields

It is 32 years since we last went to...

"It is 32 years since we last went to Cala Bona, it has changed somewhat but is still quiet compared to its neighbour Cala Millor. We have travelled with Portland many times and have yet to be disappointed.

The Protur Alicia has to be one of the best hotels, if not the best, we have stayed in, from the moment we walked into the reception area we were impressed. The reception staff went out of their way to help us and check-in was completed in a very short time.

The room (2nd floor) was spotless with a great sea-view and was kept spotless by the very friendly cleaners.

Meals were very good with a good choice of food for all tastes, if you went away from the dining room hungry then you only have yourselves to blame. Waiters were very friendly and efficient. We were invited to eat one night in the restaurant overlooking the beach and this was a superb meal.

The overall impression of the hotel is one of cleanliness, even down to the pool areas and pathways (these were power hosed each day). The toilets in the pool area were being constantly cleaned and checked along with all toilet facilities in the hotel. All in all this is a very good hotel.

The only downside to the holiday was the security at Palma airport on our return, this was a joke, and we had to queue for over half an hour to go through the scanners putting all our watches, jewellery etc in a tray to go through the x-ray machine. Whilst this was happening we had to wait our turn to pass through the scanner but the trays were piling up on the other side of the x-ray machine goodness knows how many items go missing through theft or getting mixed up with other people’s belongings.

by G Thompson

This is our fifth visit to this...

"This is our fifth visit to this hotel. The rooms are nicely furnished and most have a big balcony with sea views.

The food is exceptional and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. The evening entertainment was very good and nothing is repeated over the two weeks.

As an older holidaymaker I would recommend this as outside the hotel it is flat to walk all the way into Cala Millor.

There are plenty of restaurants close by for a snack lunch, although I doubt you will need much after the enormous breakfast, we thoroughly enjoyed our break.

by paladin

Having visited this hotel previously...

"Having visited this hotel previously on my honeymoon, there was no doubt in my mind I would return with my small family, on this occasion there were a total of 11 of us who went for a 2 week stay.

What can I say this is one of the best hotels I have ever visited, the staff are extremely polite and friendly which is something I can say isn't very common in many hotels I have been to before. The rooms are spotlessly clean and very spacious, especially those on the first floor with the larger balconies, which are ideal for families, the hotel grounds are constantly kept cleaned by the hard working staff, especially as the majority of them are working from early morning right through to late at night.

The restaurant is a massive factor for this hotel, very spacious and a huge variety of choice for all tastes, both for breakfast and evening meal, even my daughter who was only 18 months at the time of our visit was very well catered for.

The bar staff were always working hard to keep guests happily stocked with drinks throughout the hot sunny days and had no trouble in providing anything that you specifically asked for, especially from the snack bar menu, prices too are very well reasonably priced.

The pool area was the place to be during the day with a very good sized swimming pool with toddlers section and plenty of sun beds available, the grounds also provided a small children’s play area which kept my daughter and nephew entertained on numerous occasions.

Day time and evening entertainment was of excellent standard, the animation team kept guests busy will games throughout the day and family shows at night, so much so that very rarely did we venture away from the Hotel at night unless the wife fancied a bit of retail therapy.

This only complaint I have regarding this hotel is the 3 star rating it has, in my personal opinion this needs to be upgraded to at least a 4 star. Having never visited Majorca before I came for my Honeymoon, I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday, whether as a couple or family, this certainly wont be my last visit here and look forward to another fantastic two week stay in the not so near future.

by K Watson

My husband and I have stayed at this...

"My husband and I have stayed at this hotel several times, although we could not go this year, we are booked in again for 2007.

We regard this hotel as the best we have stayed in, in the Balearics and we have been to many over the years. We really have nothing detrimental to say about the hotel, the food, accommodation and service are excellent. The hotel is in a good position for the shops and bars in both Cala Bona and Cala Millor, both of which are nice resorts.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone for a relaxing enjoyable holiday.

by  J Lyon

My boyfriend and I booked this...

"My boyfriend and I booked this holiday last minute and couldn't have asked for a better resort or hotel.

The hotel room is comfortable, with wonderful views and is cleaned daily, the staff were always friendly and helpful, the food was excellent which catered for everyone's needs and the evening shows were for suitable for all ages.

The resort was beautiful with views of bay and harbour which were breath taking. The beach was clean, slightly stony but easy to get to. The resort of Cala Millor is only a 5 minute if we wanted a livelier night out.

We wanted a resort that was Spanish, easy to get around and not full of drunks. Cala Bona provided this. We would recommend Cala Bona and Alicia hotel to anyone who wants a break in a nice hotel and a lovely resort.

by T Templeman

After what seemed a long wait for...

"After what seemed a long wait for this holiday, it really was worth it! The Hotel was Great. We had a room with Sea View, the Balcony had the sun in the morning, but cool after lunch. Pool View rooms seemed to have the Sun all-day. Just a couple of points. There were not enough parasols around the swimming pool. 5/6 but room for 40 plus beds. Very hot, therefore needing a parasol. The parasols were all fixed. it would be easy to get more base holders and the guests could even purchase a parasol as they were very cheap to buy.

We had Rich as Adult entertainer when we first arrived, but unfortunately he had to return to the U.K after hurting his foot, (he was brilliant) we missed an adult entertainer on our second week of holidays. Gemma was okay for the children. but was then trying to fill in for Richard, which really didn't work. Evening entertainment then for our second week was poor!

Children were having their own activities, but were also joining in "Adults "Activities.

Pool restaurant was okay but desperately needed more staff, there’s no service around the poolside at all. Which I was very surprised at. We have always had this at previous hotels.

Food was Okay, usually something to suit all. Plenty of everything. After pointing out these couple of things, I must now add we had a superb holiday, and will probably be looking to book same hotel again. Cala-Bona we loved. We loved the Liverpool bar, (which was towards the Cala-Millor side, next to the Talyot Hotel.) with Henry, Wife and staff who were great, the best cuppa and Toasties in the area. Looking forward to our next visit. Katherine.

by katherine

We have just returned from a 12 day...

"We have just returned from a 12 day stay at the Hotel Alicia. It was the first stay there for my husband and myself although the friends that we travelled with have been there 3 times before. We found the hotel excellent.

The staff, rooms and facilities were wonderful. Gemma, the young activities rep was just great. She was so friendly and made us feel very happy. In spite of her youth she was absolutely marvellous.

The only thing that I would suggest is that when the entertainment finished at between 10.30 and 11 that there was some music to allow people to get up and dance. Other than that I can find no fault. We are looking forward to booking for next year.

by F Blanchard

We have just come home from the...

"We have just come home from the Alica, having spent 2 weeks there, what a brilliant hotel, this is the third year we've been, and we have booked again for next year. 2007.

Accommodation, food, cleanliness, staff, are all high class, we always meet up with a lot of friends from all over the British Isles. The only sad point this year is the entertainment at night. Ricky and Gemma are trying to do a first class job but they are a little young, but they are trying hard.

We miss Christina. Cant wait for 2007, but who knows we might make another visit this year.

by J Hattersley

Home from Home

"have visited the Alicia many many times. We have been twice this year - february, when it re-opened and have just returned today after another week. It is our favourite hotel in Cala Bona and the service has always been first class and the staff second to none. This year we have been somewhat disappointed on a couple of points. The greatest miss of all is Christina - who was loved by everyone and the best entertainment rep the hotel has ever had - please bring her back. We were also disappointed with the lack of entertainment in the evening - bingo and a quiz every other night, not what we have been used to at the Alicia in previous years - and no-one to cover the entertainment programme on Matthews day off.

My other gripe is regarding the new Jacuzzi. It was brand new in February and only worked for 2 days in the first week. If it was repaired after that, it certainly wasn t working this last week at all. Surely Protur could have put this right sooner.

I noted a previous review about people coming into the hotel for bingo etc and taking up seats that Alicia guests have paid for. That same person mentioned that some evenings they visited the Cala Bona hotel as they had good entertainment on - were they not taking up seats that the guests at the Cala Bona had paid for????

The Alicia is a fabulous hotel and I hope to continue going there for many years to come.

by A TripAdvisor Member

The lovely Alicia.

"My mother, my partner and myself have just returned from a holiday at the lovely Hotel Alicia.As always the Hotel was perfect, The staff are very nice, very friendly and very efficient.The meals were much improved to previous years.Just a little gripe about the evening entertainment was that there were too many quizzes. Alternate nights for a quiz was just a bit too much. The acts brought in were really entertaining, especially a circus act from Russia. They were quite spectacular and very different.

The Alicia caters for older people and for those who have mobility problems, so it was ideal for my mother who is in a wheelchair. The absence of the lovely Christina who was the Entertainments girl was felt a great deal by those of us who have been going to the hotel for a good few years. She was a ray of sunshine who lit up the place whenever she was around.

I will be going again to the hotel because it really is one you feel comfortable and happy to be staying in.

by GinaRoddy

We Like the Alicia

"I've enjoyed reading the reviews of the Hotel Alicia. My husband & I have stayed there about 9 times now, the last time in June 2005. The first time we went to Cala Bona was 13 years ago & we went in August and stayed at the Levante which was very good as well but more expensive than the Alicia as it is a Thomson Gold hotel. Normally we tend to go late September/early October & we've agreed we prefer going at that time. We've only ever had bad weather once at that time of year & that was several years ago.

The hotel is excellent, with great sea views [better than at the Levante I think]. It is spotlessly clean, the food good & the staff very friendly & helpful, particularly in reception. We love the resort of Cala Bona, you can do as much or as little as you want. Sometimes we stay in the hotel in the evening, depending on the entertainment on offer, or we wander off to some of the other pubs or bars or the Cala Bona Hotel which also has good entertainment.

I agree with some points others have mentioned. Particularly outsiders being allowed into the hotel taking up the best seats so that guests staying at the hotel itself [& paying good money to do so!] can't always get a decent seat, particularly if there is a good cabaret act appearing.

The other complaint I have about the Alicia is with the running of the restaurant although not about the food itself which which is mostly very good with a really excellent selection for breakfast. The evening meals were on the whole good although it wasn't a good idea to go down too late as the selection became rather limited. My main gripe though [as somebody else has mentioned] is the difficulty in ordering drinks. Although there is a wine list on every table nearly every night it proved very difficult to find a waiter to give an order to. We always ask very politely when we do manage to stop a waiter but it always seems they don't particularly want to & as though they've got other things to do. We've found this rather odd. The manager himself seemed unwilling to take an order & was really more interested in clearing off tables & laying up for breakfast. I really think there should be a designated waiter to take drink orders, or maybe they should have a place in the restaurant where guests could go themselves to order drinks rather than sit waiting [patiently] for a waiter to come into view. In all the years we've been going to the Alicia we've found this a problem, which is something we've never experienced at any of the other hotels we stay in. In fact, a few years ago we met up with a couple staying in the hotel who enjoyed their holiday but because of the problem with ordering drinks & the attitude of the manager, refused to go back again. We've stayed in touch with them but they still won't return. I think it a bit extreme but there you go. I have to say I'm surprised at this lack of organisation in a restaurant in a big group hotel like Protur. Each time I've politely mentioned it in the questionnaire the hotel always gives guests before they depart, but nothing has improved. My husband & I aren't heavy drinkers but on holiday we do enjoy a bottle of wine & a couple of bottles of water with our evening meal but we like to drink it with our main course, not halfway through or when we are on the dessert!!

I agree too that a small fridge in the rooms would be most useful, even if one had to pay a small extra for it.

In spite of what I've said, Cala Bona is a very nice resort and we will be back at the Alicia.

by A TripAdvisor Member