Tour Khalef Hotel

Value: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Tour Khalef Hotel

1 2 37 »
Amazing Loved It

"I stayed a the Hotel Tour Khalef for 2 weeksI travelled with my mum, dad, sister, nan and grandad. I found this hotel amazing. On arrival there was a few forms to fill in before we could enter our rooms. The rooms were clean and tidy the bathrooms were fairly sized and the rooms were air conditioned at all times. I had some unwanted attention from one of the waiters he claimed he had undying love for me it doesn't help that I had blonde hair either!!!

We went on a few trips together, but the rest of the time we hung around the pool. I didn't go to the beach much but I went a few times and went paragliding, the sea was amazing but there was a few salesman bribing me, giving me free things because my dad was with me he wanted him to buy more. I especially loved the camera man I spent around 200denas (£100) on photos. They are framed and on my wall. The food was lush, there was some nights when there wasn't much selection but I ain't complaining there was plent of pasta and fruit for me. The staff was so helpful. The animate team was amazing I especially liked Jacki and Tito. I had a few dance lessons around the pool and dart compotitions. There was a problem with the animals. There was ants outside my room but they didn't come in and there was some cats outside the restaurant but I wouldn't touch them!!!! I made some new friends around the pool and still keep in touch with hem today. I would definatly recommend this hotel to any holiday goers.

• Holiday details: Jun 2012
  • Advice: Go to the beach and go on some water skis and paragliding
by Katie M

going back again

"stayed at tour khalef in july 2011 , found all staff very pleasant and helpful. there was always a good variety of food on offer . rooms quite basic and in need of an update but were clean . pool area spotless and animation team brilliant with kids always plenty sunbeds at pool and at lovely well kept beach .the only draw back of holiday is being pressured by shopkeepers trying to get you into their shop ,but that as not put my friends and i off as we have already booked for july 2013 .

anne.

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, booked with Thomas Cook
by Anne M

Never Again!

"This Hotel looked really good on arrival but then everything went down hill. People with pram/buggie/wheelchair DO NOT BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY HERE! The access is very poor!! The reception staff are rude, the rooms were dirty, we had ants (and were told it was because we had sweets in the room- we had no food or drinks whatsoever in there. You cant change money until you arrive, all inclusive is only up until 12 midnight and only starts at 10am (in between you must pay) so if you arrive after that you have to pay. Smoking is permitted inside the building, none somkers have to walk through the smoking part to gain access! Stairs everywhere, entertainment very poor especially for children. Waiters mither you and declare their undying love for you (on the first day)- they just want to marry you for a VISA. Not safe to go out especially if you are blonde, they pretend to be your chef etc. from the hotel - when they arent they just stand behind you reading your wrist band (which says which hotel you are from/also colour coded for different hotels so the experienced ones know anyway) and once you are in their shops you cant get out without buying something. I went with my aunt, and my two daughters, NEVER AGAIN, especially with us all being female! oh and if you do go, watch the difference in the staff towards you when you tip them..... Hope this is helpful."

• Holiday details: May 2012, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: h
by nicolanic

mini-zoo

"In the summer I had a rest in your hotel, in the city of Sousse, Tunis - the hotel was pleasant to me, but near to hotel, at an exit in a city is cafe Maure-Pizzeria (at Seville Centre) where for clients there is a small zoo.

The zoo has made upon me very unpleasant impression and has spoiled rest, mood.

In this minizoo in a heat about 40 degrees RIGHT IN THE SUN there are close metal cages in which in awful conditions different birds sit many: canaries, hens, an eagle, parrots and other birds; and in the separate metal cage which is heating up from heats, the monkey contains: without water, a shade, meal. Some times I passed by a zoo where animals didn't have a water and the meal which has deteriorated on the Sun lay. At hens from stress feathers have been torn out, it was necessary to buy water and to give to drink to animals most.

And in territory of the cafe there is other cage, with a monkey-chimpanzee. Its cage, on the contrary, costs in the dark (Sun beams to it don't get), in a cage накиданы oranges after a juice press-up.

To other tourists who have come into this cafe, it also was very unpleasant to look at all. In the afternoon of cafe is empty, and it is filled with visitors in the evening: loud music plays on a total power, bright lanterns both all animals and birds are included along a fencing, suffer also at night from such conditions of the maintenance. Sometimes I saw that in a heat or night of a cage of birds veil a sacking (rags). These cages with birds to me managed to be photographed in the afternoon

It would be desirable to believe that this minizoo will close, and animals and birds will move in the Tunisian national reserve in suitable, pleasant conditions for their life. Elena.

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: no
by Elena77

Wonderful Family Holiday

"We are a family of four with two young boys (7&3). We have just spent a week at the Tour Khalef. Weather was wonderful. The staff at the hotel were amazing, very friendly and happy. The hotel is very clean not a speck of rubbish outside in the grounds or by the pool which was also fantastic.

Childrens entertainers were great fun, it really made the holiday for the boys having games by the pool and disco in the evening.

Thomson kids club was a real treat for us, we were able to relax by the pool knowing the kids were in safe hands and enjoying themselves.

We had breakfast lunch and dinner every day and there was always something different and a great selection.

The only down fall is not kettle in the bedrooms apart from that it was a fantastic holiday.

Kaleem, Ali & Shaggy all do an amazing job.

See you all next year.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
by Laura84

Amazing

"Me and my boyfriend have just got back from this hotel and couldnt be happier with our holiday.

The staff are so friendly and helpful, we had a standard double bedroom but still had excellent views of the beach and town. Our room was very clean and tidy!

We had breakfast, lunch and dinner, food was varied but was lots to choose from, italian section, salad bar, dessert counter, bread&soup, and loads of mains to choose from i.e fish,meat,potatoes,vegetables, pasta, lasagna, chips and sides.

pool was lovely and wasnt too cold. Park looked very good for kids too!

I would totally recomend this hotel, Were going back next year!

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Good For: Beach, Skiing
by channy92

Good Hotel Great Wintersun

"A very good hotel very pleasent staff nice variety of food Large room nice clean pool area. Beach could do with a bit of a clean. I have no complaints and would go back."

• Holiday details: Nov 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
by Hudcool

Very good

"First time in Tunisia. Stayed in Hotel for a week (19-26 Dec 2010). Hotel was very good, staff always very ready to help & please. All meals were buffet style, which enabled the kids to pick and choose what they felt like. All warm main meals seemed to be cooked with/ tossed in oil. Stayed all inclusive, so drinks and snacks always available. Kids club didn't appear great however the kids really enjoyed it, they didn't feel the need to leave the hotel to explore Tunisia. Direct access to beach from hotel and a range of shops within walking distance."

• Holiday details: Dec 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Good place to relax
by now rested

amazing

"i went to this hotel in december 2009 and it was that amazing im going again in febuary.The staff couldn't do anough. we didnt like the food so they attempted a sunday dinner.The conplex was spottless and had lots of enternment day and night such as bingo kareoke fakir and belly dancing.best holiday ive been to. :)"

• Holiday details: Dec 2010, full board, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: yes
by Suz

Thinking of going back next year

"We spent a lovely week at the Tour Khalef, Sousse, we were meeting a family of five out there who had gone the previous week. 20-30 minute airport transfer, rep not very vocal. Hotel restaurant not open for any snacks at 22.00hrs. Room was as ordered, sea-view with a super-king size bed, spacious bathroom.

Those who didn't make breakfast for 10.30 could have some pastries from the bar. Lunch at 12.30 prefect for those who slept in. Great choices, fish, meat,vegetarian etc. The first night of all 11 of us eating together was a bit cramped, but by the next morning we had a table for 14 ready for our use. Table beautifully dressed for us at each dinnertime. Waiters very attentive, friendly and helpful. My only downfall was the late check-out room, which cost 40dinar, smelly from damp in basement with no lift,also the hotel do not provide beach towels. All staff very helpful, entertainers hilarious especially Sami. Close to private beach,ammenities and shops. 6dinar taxi ride into Port ElKantoui for shopping, 2d tuc-tuc ride, an experience. Looking to book again for 2011.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Come and experience for yourself
by Tunisia, with love

would go back

"Had a fantastic time with my 2 young children. lots to do,food was great apart from breakfast..The staff were brill..loved everything about it."

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
by photoman

Fantastic Holiday

"After reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried about staying at Tour Kalef but we had a fantastic time. The hotel had everything we needed and is right on the beach next to the water sports and the inclusive beach bar. My husband, 2 kids and I had a great time. All of the staff, infact all of the Tunisian people we met were lovely and they couldn't have done more for the kids! I agree with one of the other reviews that we could've been done with a fridge in the room and a bit more space but it really wasn't a major problem for us.

There is always somethinig to do at night in the hotel and I can't praise the staff enough.

One thing I would say though is, we went with Thomsons. We booked for the day at Friguia Animal Park and Zulu evening. This was a good excursion however our Rep failed to mention that we would need to take 100 dinar each if we wanted to swim with the dolphins at the park. We didn't know this was available and we were gutted we couldn't do it because we hadn't taken enough money on the day! If you do this trip be aware you will need 20 dinars per person to go into the dolphin show and 100 dinars each to swim with them. Apart from this we had a wonderful holiday in a lovely hotel which is in a fantastic location.

Thanks for a great holiday!

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
by The Scottish Belly Dancers

1 2 37 »

Map for Tour Khalef Hotel Closest airport: Habib Bourguiba (MIR) 9.7 miles

Tour Khalef Hotel photos (3 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Tour Khalef Hotel
  • by Shushanik

" Tour to Sahara was great "

• by Laura84

" Medina is worth a vist but not for children "

• by Anne Markauskas

" visit safari park and zulu night "