Riu Seabank Hotel

Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Riu Seabank Hotel

1 2 3 »
ONE OF THE BEST

"On the strenghth of the glowing reports in these columns, We booked into the "Seabank Hotel" for a Months stay last January. I must say We were not dissapointed.

The Hotel, relativly new is spacious, with ultra modern decor and Furnishings, in fact as stated in other reports the outside Pool and Garden area are still to be completed.

Our room on the forth floor, was a good size at the rear of the Hotel with Our large Balcony overlooking the Gardens and Pool and in spite of other reports, We did not find it over noisy with the Builders. The Room has two large comfortable Beds. Ample storage for clothes etc, and a superb equiped Bathroom / Toilet. It took some time sorting out the operating system for the Shower etc, but that was eventually sorted. The room was cleaned every day, and Towels and Sheets changed regularly. A modern flat 32" T.V. fixed to the wall that We would have used more often had there been more English programs available.

The Food was impossible to find fault with,both in quality and variety, also the all inclusive was just that,with a good selection of drinks and the ability to eat all day long if You so wished. The entertainment Team worked hard to try and get everybody involved, and The "Dome" had a Stage that many a Theatre would be proud of.

I wish to say here that this Hotel has the Finest and Friendliest Staff that We have come accross in any Hotel that We have stayed in. I just hope the Managment has the sense to keep Them.

As Buses stop just outside the Door getting around the Island is no Problem and a bargain weekly ticket ( 12 Euros ) is a must if You wish to get around.

Now for some Nit picking !. The Hotel does a special Weekend Rate for Local People and They take advantage of this in large numbers, so from Friday until Sunday

Evening things can become very hectic and noisy to say the least. We found this to be the biggest turn off of Our stay. As I said previously Surprisingly for a Four Star Hotel they do not sell Newspapers etc. As there are no Shops nearby, getting a toothbrush We had forgotten to pack, entailed getting the Bus to the Town. A small Hotel Shop on Site would be a welcome facility. As I said earlier the Furniture in the Lounge / Bar, was very modern but I am afraid not very comfortable. The most comfortable chair we could find was the traditional one in the Bedroom. As this Hotel is a new Build, We were surprised to find pools of water on the floor of the Bar after heavy brain. However We assume this will eventually be sorted.

Would I go back to the "Seabank" again ? Yes I would, This is a first class Hotel,well run, and in a great position on the Island. If I got a good Offer I would take it,

but I could see the point of others who if They do not spend a lot of time in the Hotel and it's Facilities could find it an expensive propersitio

by Patrick K

Boring Hotel

"I was in the Hotel Seabank last month, but I was werz frustrated. Why? because on the hotels website more nice pictures, but:

1. We had alarm at 6. a. m., because reapared hotels crown.

2. In the Hotels only two outside pools and one inside pools. This is the "mini - pools", waters height in pool was only 120 and 130 cm. For swimminig? derisive.

3. After pools workers is built new road, so sunbathe is was wery dusty.

4. To Seabank Hotel is not beside beach.

5. Animation team, and night programme is wery awful: not disco, not music, missed normally night entertainment. At 11 p. m.: RETREAT! Farcical programme: Bingo and singing between 9.30 pm and 10.30 p.m. in the empty cultural hall.

6. At 6. floor is elevator hole was without attention, and before hole is was big board, without fixed.

7. In the Hotel is was only one good think: avaailable alkohol between 9 a. m. and 11 p. m., but normally peopels is must drunk, becoase in the Hotel is not other programmes.

Seabank Hotel is wery bad hotel. i not recommended this hotel!

by csala

Lovely hotel, brilliant holiday

"I stayed at this hotel with my grandparents and auntie in June 2010. I had never been to Malta before so did not really know what to expect. We arrived to find our room had been double booked, however the staff gave us a family room which consisted of 2 rooms joined together, separated by doors. We actually found this better, so we would all be together, and not be in 2 separate rooms. For the inconvience the staff gave us two complimentary vouchers to eat dinner in the restaurant there for 2 nights. The food was lovely, and the staff were so helpful. We had breakfast every morning, it was mostly the same food, but there was such a big vareity that you would not get bored. The staff were quick and efficient to clean plates etc away. We had towel tokens, so were given a fresh towel to take down to the pool every day. The pool was lovely, the pool bar served good food. The beach across the road was really nice, not too big. The sunbeds were really cheap to hire, and we were able to leave our towels on the sunbed whilst we went back to the hotel.

I would definately recommend the bus that takes you around the island, we did the whole island in one day. The only thing was that we had to get a taxi or bus into the main part of Malta, and to Valetta, but I did not mind this too much as it was quieter where we were. There were a few really nice hotels and restaurants down our road, and up the hill were shops and more restaurants. Bit of a steep walk, but perfectly managable. I would definately recommend this hotel and would go back and stay there in the future.

We travelled to Gozo for the day, booked with our tour operator, and had a lovely day. We were taken by coach and travelled across on the ferry, then were met by another coach who took us around the island. We went into a beautiful church, but had to cover up to respect their religion. We had lunch in a lovely hotel, food was cooked really nicely and everyone so friendly.

We also did a paragliding trip, which was amazing! The staff made sure you were securly strapped in and explained the guidelines and how to land before you set off. We also did a boat trip to the blue lagoon and comino islands, which was lovely. The only problem was the amount of jelly fish in the water there, so I didn't swim, but was happy sunbathing! I would say this trip is well worth it.

Overall a fantastic holiday, the sun was shining every day and the heat was lovely but bearable.

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Beach!
by tinkerbell135

the best place to stay in malta

"The seabank hotel has everything you could want from a holiday. It's across the road from the beach, although this gets busy in peak season. It has excellent facilities including the main restaurant, serving a wide choice of hot and cold food, a pizza restaurant, the jungle themed restaurant (a favourite for kids) and the marina bar ( where we were even able to watch the F1!)There are 2 pools and the sunbathing area is huge, you needn't even hear the children in the pool if you dont want to. The kids club entertainers at the hotel are great with thhe kids and take them off during the day for darts/ pool/table tennis and lots of other activities at no extra cost. They also have kids entertainment some evenings. On top of this they will come around the pool area encouraging anyone who wants to, to play pool volley ball and aquarobics, a real laugh and ice breaker! All staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The maid service was excellent, they dont disturb you if you dont want them too, but will come back later. They were also friendly and rooms were always cleaned to perfection. Evening entertainment is out on the main terrace, from the main bar, and they have several different types during a week, it then rotates, we have seen various singers and dancers,including belly dance. They also host talent competitions, hillarious even if you dont join in!The hotel also has spa facilities/hair dresser/beauty salon/gym and small shop on site. The bus stop is outside the hotel and goes up to the village for more bars/restaurants, busses also go all over the island and are very cheap, less than a euro will get you tto the capital! Across the road is the jetty where you can do diving/para gliding/banana boat rides etc, and the guys are also very friendly. Overall this hotel is the best i've stayed in in malta and really makes you feel like going back, as we have and will do many more times."

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
by charlie

best hotel

"We had a week here in 2007 and found it wasn't long enough so we came back in 2008. The hotel is quiet and orderly and well looked after by the staff. We were happy with the level of clenliness and the staff were helpful. We had a problem with the air con but this was fixed couteously as soon as they could.

There were plenty of sunbeds around the pool but it always pays to get out early. Some unreasonable guests bag sunbed space before breakfast and dont hit poolside until lunchtime.

Meals are an experience. There is an ocean of hot and cold food available. Breakfast is a bit samey and I don't like the bacon but there is cereal-rather different to the crisp cerels we are used to though. They have a reconstituted from powder fruit juice selection but it just about passes muster. Main meal time is delightful. They have an excellent range of bread,usually a choice of soups and as many hot dishes as you can shake a stick at. Sweet course is a little tame but acceptbale.

The resort is the hotel. There is a beach outside on the other side of the road but we dont do beaches that much. Poolside sufficed. The pool is excellent but watch the plastic around the side troughs as it tends to break under your feet.

Melliha Bay doesn't have much to offer.Catch a bus to town for shops.

by sat12mar

The overall holiday was fantastic....

"The overall holiday was fantastic. Matla was the perfect holiday destination for us. I am 20 and my partner is 21 and we wanted a holiday somewhere a bit different. Malta was a balance of gorgeous weather and lots of relaxing with lots of excursions and things to do. I would not recommend this to large groups of young adults as it does not have the appeal that other destinations such as Ibiza, greek islands and other destinations. We stayed at the RIU seabank for a week and we really didn't want to come home.

The hotel itself was perfect. The food was of a very high standard and there was lots of choice. We even ate in the restaurant a few nights as we were on the bed and breakfast board. We booked to stay in a sea view room, which was pleasent enough but had the oppotunity to get a room upgrade to a sea view terrace room and the view was breathtaking on the top floor. We could see right out to the sea and the whole of the bay. Both rooms were immaculate and our maid cleaned then perfectly everyday.

The hotel facilities were very good, the only negative really was that the pool was very busy as there was only one but we loved it. There were plenty of sun loungers for everyone. Another bonus to the hotel was the staff as they were all very friendly, helpful and gave us excellent costomer service. they treated us as though we were in a 5 star plus hotel.

As for the resort itself Mellieha was very quiet and pleasent. The beach was lovely and the sea was so green and clear. There isn't much in Mellieha haowever, especially round the bay but the town up the hill is very pretty and the church was gorgeous. I would suggest using the buses and going to another town for night life but we were happy just drinking in the bars near to the hotel and up the hill of an evening.

by tone

The hotel and the service was...

"The hotel and the service was excellent. The staff were very friendly, and couldn't do enough for you. The rooms were cleaned and changed every day. The hotel was in a nice area, not too busy, but enough to do, with the local buses stopping outside the hotel and able to take you anywhere on the Island. The food at the hotel was great, something to suit all tastes, even our 12 year olds! The Maltese people are very friendly and nobody is out to rip you off! The spa at the hotel organised a physio to attend to my husband due to a back problem. The service was excellent, much better than any he's seen at home, and much cheaper too! If you want to learn to scuba dive, I recommend you go to the dive centre based at the luna resort, not far from the hotel. The instructors are english, and very good. I would certainly go back to this hotel again, as we couldn't fault it, infact, we couldn't fault Malta at all!"

by Jordan

Me and my girlfriend went there for a...

"Me and my girlfriend went there for a week holiday which was well enough, the island is lovely nice beaches, and from this hotel the beach is 2 secs away across the road. We went on a boat trip around most of the island and it was brilliant got to swim in 8metre deep water at night and was lovely. This hotel was very clean and quite clear of bugs. The food was good a few places to eat with 15 % discount in most places around the hotel so that was usual. Would recommend going to Malta and staying in this hotel must be one of the best on the island. The hotel catered for breakfast for us and it was lovely food, got so much to choose from you cant go wrong really. Nothing to really fault with the hotel, friendly staff were there always happy to help. Buses are easy to use the hotel will give you a bus route map to get around its easy enough!

choose riu seabank its pretty good!

by G Smallman

We had great time. Pool towel service...

"We had great time. Pool towel service is very good idea. Also the sunbeds at the lido are free for the guests. The sea view rooms are noisier than the field view. We booked directly with the hotel's own website http://www.seabankhotel.com and would say that the service was quote good!"

by J Dunn

had a lovely time hotel very good but...

"had a lovely time hotel very good but not much going on at night unless you like old ballroom dancing.cant tell you what the meals are like never made breakfast once,rooms cleaned everyday clean towels everyday.the beach is beautiful you can walk out for miles lovely snack bar and all the toys your kids could want from the beach sellers,now the down side was very expensive place to go couldnt beleive how much everything cost perhaps because of the euro so take plenty of money with you.oh just thought i would mention the pizza place the food was fantastic the pizzas and pasta and cakes to die for.and the rib eye steaks just done to your liking yummy, please go it is the best place to eat in the bay"

by quasimodo49

A really warm and friendly hotel...

"A really warm and friendly hotel offering a high standard of food and good facilities on site . Entertainment was on 6 nights a week in two types of bars/lounges, one which offered singer or group and the other a disco bar with DJ. Bowling alley wasn't open due to being flooded out in December, not sure when this is re-opening? If you stay here the Spa is a must, had a 'Spa Burst' for 60 euros which included a body wrap, hydro bath and full body massage, lasting 2 hours with rest bites in between. Sea View rooms were nice, but lots of road noise. Terrace rooms had full sea view and the balconies were massive. There was a mixture of nationalities in the staff that worked throughout the hotel - all very friendly and efficient - nothing too much trouble. Car hire is recommended so you can get out and about, enjoyed Valletta and Gozo. Cost of living very reasonable. If you are interested in diving, Frankies on Gozo island was brilliant and offered all types of courses for all standards. The only dive club on the island with its own diving pool on site. Would definitely return and could recommend the hotel to everyone."

by L Moitie

Spacious, well-decorated room which...

"Spacious, well-decorated room which was cleaned very well and unobtrusively. The staff respected the "do not disturb" signs.

Reviews I read before travelling said that the location close to a main road was an issue, it may have been that the time was quiet (April) or that our room was well-placed but I didn't find it so.

The sound insulation between the rooms was poor, sound carried, especially from an adjacent room, with sounds of moving furniture each night at 11:30 to 12:00, I suspect it was a sofa-bed.

The airconditoning didn't seem to work, but not really an issue in April.

The hotel was located opposite the cheap bus routes.

The buffet-style, self-service, food was plentiful, but the manner in which meals were organised left your feeling that guests were very much secondary to the administrative needs of the hotel. Dinner was served at two "sittings" 6 pm and 8 pm, therefore the dining room was crowded at meal times and one had to queue for some time at the buffets, putting me in mind of a 1980s hall of residence. Why they couldn't have served dinner say between 6:00 pm and 10:00 I don't know, it would have eased the crowding.

Staff bustled round the crowded dining room and tended not to stand aside to let you pass, indeed you had to let them through, they were also quite noisy in moving plates. I haven't had this experience elsewhere in the Medditeranean and expected better for the price.

The tables were also close together, touching, so privacy was impossible and the staff didn't like you changing either table or sitting. So if you had a noisy table near where plates were cleared you risked being stuck with it all holiday, unless you asked, which they didn't seem to like.

Service for drinks was reasonably prompt. Coffee was not served after dinner, you had to pay for this in the bar or rent a kettle for your room at 2.5 euros a day, which I found mercenary, so you may wish to bring your own!

Reception staff were courteous and helpful.

Breakfast was served 7-10 am this meant what it said, if you looked like overstaying 10 am, staff would come and tell you, this I found very irritating. If you came down latish, say 9:30, the tables were dirty and staff declined to change the cloths, odd.

The entertainment was beyond parody, ancient pop-songs crooned out atonally, but mercifully not every night, and some people seemed to like it. It was very intrusive when a mandolin (electrically amplified) player strolled round the dining room, but some people liked it.

Would I stay again? Certainly not for the price, maybe if we got a cheap bargain, however Malta's wonderful, so I would return to the island.

by JMW Legat

1 2 3 »

Map for Riu Seabank Hotel Closest airport: Malta International (MLA) 9.9 miles

Riu Seabank Hotel photos (3 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Riu Seabank Hotel
  • by charlie

" It's a quieter part of malta but the best hotel to base yourself at,could be 5 *. "