Riu Seabank Hotel

Stayed at Riu Seabank Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Room: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Riu Seabank Hotel

« 1 2 3 »
We have just returned from a week’s...

"We have just returned from a week’s holiday in Malta, booked independently over the internet.

We stayed here for 2 nights in January, can’t wait to return. Great hotel, great staff.

Hotel is first class very clean and tidy all staff very helpful breakfast selection great with something for all tastes.

I would recommended this hotel for all ages as there is a bit of something for everyone

It is always easy to be negative about hotels but this one has renewed my faith.

by Gerry Mullen

Better than before!!

"We returned to this hotel in June this year, we had previously stayed here a few years ago & had wanted to return. Since then the hotel has been renovated & even before it was good, it is even better now. The staff, cleaning, reception or waiters were all fantastic. You are made very very welcome. The food can not be faulted! They cater for all ages etc. There is a salad bar, traditional foods ie roast beef, Italian (hit with the kids) which has pizza & chips every night also pastas, wide selection of maltese food all cooked fresh, nothing cold, dried up or similar. Even the breakfasts are fantastic. You could even get waitress service while sitting at the poolside! The rooms have improved dramatically, cleaned every day, fresh towels, good air conditioning. No faults.

The only downfall is the pool tables which are in poor repair & the cue's well they could do with being replaced oh & maybe some chalk lol. The internet is handy although quite slow, but apart from this the kids are happy! Entertainment in the evenings is good, but we found after meals a slow peaceful walk to the danish village is ideal, especially to walk off the 3rd & 4th helpings! The kids also have access to a kids club which varies from trips to Popeye village to water volleyball.

While there you have to experience the buses! Fantastic, very erm... well an experience. Good bus service from outside hotel & very cheap to travel especially to Valleta if you feel a little homesick, they have an M&S!

Already booked up for next year, although if the right numbers come up on the lottery then we will return before.

by Melipops1971

Great Hotel, wonderful location

"I stayed at the Riu SeaBank in the first week of July and my opinion is very positive: the Hotel is in wonderful location, right in front of the Sea, the Hotel itself is very nice, bedrooms are perferctly clean and food very good.

The only remarksI have is that it is noisy night time (due to air conditioning) and I had to use earplugs.

by Bikimar

Me and my boyfriend (us aged 19)...

"Me and my boyfriend (us aged 19) stayed at the Seabank for 2 weeks in June this year.

It was my second time in Malta and his first. The holiday could not have been more perfect! The hotel itself was very nice, very clean and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

Our room was a sea view room on the first floor so therefore we had a large patio area overlooking the beautiful Mellieha bay. Our room was cleaned, mopped and towels changed every day.

The local village of Mellieha is well equipped with shops and lovely restaurants to cater to everyone’s tastes. By staying in the Seabank you also get 15% discount at several other restaurants on the complex, including the Le Mar Pizzeria next door and the Jungle Themed Restaurant, and also at the Tunney Net Complex, a two minute walk up the road where there are more restaurants.

I Have to say that where ever we went or ate in Malta we never had a bad meal, they were all fantastic, we even tried some Maltese dishes such as Bragioli and Pastizzi.

The hotels facilities are brilliant with a pool room, internet cafe, games room and bowling alley. There was always something to do and we never got bored. The pool outside is large and very refreshing after you have been lying in the sun.

The beach at Mellieha is beautiful, a clam sea ideal for snorkelling and swimming.

The tunney net complex also has a watersports place (Oh Yeah Watersports) and we hired a jet ski one morning, which I would recommend. We also went on a great boat trip to the blue lagoon from this company for only Lm4 each which was great value I felt, as it was a small boat with around 15 passengers, left at 11am and returned around 5pm after a good stop in the blue lagoon and the crystal lagoon, with free use of snorkels.

I have to say the nightly entertainment at the hotel was a little old for us, however bus services are fantastic from right outside the hotel running very frequently all day long. So we spent several nights in Buggiba which was a bit better for us on an evening.

We were also able to get to other places using the buses so we did not miss having a car. From outside the hotel you can catch a bus to : Popeye Village (This is also in walking distance), Buggiba, St Pauls Bay, Sliema, Valletta, St Julian’s, St Georges, Mosta, Meditteraneo Marine Park and The Splash and Fun Park, Mellieha Village, Paradise Bay and the Gozo Ferry. The bus fares are very cheap and if you buy a ticket for several days travel it works out even cheaper. So you will never be stuck for places to go or see.

I would definitely say that a two week stay will be the best as the time went so fast during our stay, I think if we'd have only gone for a week we would have been disappointed, and missed out on a lot of things.

The only thing which let the hotel down was the breakfast, there was too much catered to the European side with a lot of cold meats, salami and cheeses which wasn’t quite our taste for breakfast! The pancakes were ok though!.

I think this hotel is perfect for any type of visitor, young or older couples, families or friends, it caters to all these groups. I extremely enjoyed my stay and would return tomorrow if I could!

I would recommend it to everyone and we will definitely be returning to Malta and to the Seabank very soon!

by K J Collins

Great Hotel, Great Holiday

"Just returned from a fantastic 2 week stay at the seabank with my boyfriend (Us aged19). I have to stay it well exceded our expections and we had a fab time.

Rooms were very clean and well equipped, air conditioning was a god send some days! Hotel facilities were brilliant with the restaurants and bars and other things such as the pool tables, games room, internet cafe and bowling alleys. This all made for a good stay as we were never bored.

The hotel staff were helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

The tunney net complex was brilliant offering discounted meals for staying at the seabank. The watersports centre was brilliant as well, and we had a go at jet skiing which was fab on the lovely calm sea. We also went on a brilliant trip to blue lagoon from this company for alot cheaper than our tour operator offered. It cost us Lm4 per person and it was a fantastic small firendly trip. Brilliant.

The village of mellieha is lovely with great restaurants and shops. Jus a two minute bus ride away. And at night when it is cooler it is easy to walk to and back. Buses run to just about anywhere from outside the hotel which is great and also very cheap.

The sea and beach is beautiful and a bbq on the beach at night is highly recommened, we had a great time. The sea is also perfect for snorkelling and swimming and of course all watersports.

The hotel pool is lovely, with a good little pool side cafe/bar and plently of sun loungers to choose from.

All in all a fabulous hotel which i would highly recommend to any one of any age. We will definitly be returning to Malta and to this hotel next year! Or sooner if possible!

by collinstraveller

Just got back home from a week’s...

"Just got back home from a week’s stay at the Seabank with my girlfriend and feel compelled to review due to the quality of the holiday all round.

The staff at the hotel were top class and all were cheerful and friendly right from the cleaners up to the management.

The hotel was smart and very clean and facilities in the rooms were very good. Our room was air conditioned which kicked in automatically once the balcony door was closed but could easily be overridden by a panel on the wall. In addition to the air-con there was also a circular roof fan.

There was a lovely cocktail bar in the reception area with live entertainment each morning and also a more traditional English style pub lower down in the hotel. Prices at both were extremely reasonable to say the least.

My only gripe would be that perhaps a little later night entertainment wouldn't have gone a miss as most turns finished at around 11/11.30pm

The resort itself was quiet by night with a scattering of decent restaurants and has a lovely beach with the shallowest and warmest water I’ve ever set foot in.

I wouldn't hesitate in the slightest recommending this hotel to anyone.

by M Pugh

Great Value for Money

"We have just returned form a week at this hotel. There were four of us in the party including a child of nearly two years. The hotel was very clean, even the tiles in the corridors were washed every day, the rooms were comfortable with although the air conditioning was noisey, but this was no problem as we used the ceiling fan when in bed.

The breakfast was excellant, plenty of choices both hot and cold, and the food was fresh and replaced regularly. We were on Band B but we could use the hotel restaurants and the restaurants in the Tunny Net complex opposite at other times of the day with a discount of 15% off the food bill.

Great indoor and outdoor pools and plenty of entertainment for the children.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone it is first class.

by ColinSomerset

Good hotel with lots to do!

"An adequate hotel with some added extras.

The room was a nice size and clean. There was a comforatble double bed and the bathroom was nice. However if the hotel wants to class itself as 4 star than the room needs some added extras, like bath robes, a full mini bar etc... There was a small frdige in the room and you could request packs from reception. But it is an inconvnience to have to request these and wuld have been nicer if they were already there. Also tea and coffe making facilities were availiable but at an extra cost. And although i didn't mind this and they were brought promptly to my room- only powdered milk was supplied which was a disappointment.

The pool and surrounding areas are lovely. Staff at the pool bar are friendly and attentive.

The hotel was spead out on many levels. The internet cafe was on the bottom floor between the bowling and the pub.

The lounge bar had entertainment of some kind everynight. Again service was good.

All in all the hotel had everything i needed and I didn't actually need to venture far- which is just what i wanted.

A nice hotel that I would use again.

by Kim79my

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful...

"My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time in this hotel this May. This was our quick break holiday this year and we highly recommend this hotel.

Read before the recommendation and was sceptical at first but the price was right so we decided to have ago.

The place was clean and quite, but would imagine it to be busier come summer. We enjoyed long walks on the beach which is very clean. Dabbled a bit with jet skis and windsurfing which was fun.

I dared to use the SPA and found the staff helpful and friendly and patronised the place. Compared to what I pay in London I found the prices very attractive - I pay three times as much back home for an massage - I really do recommend the SPA and the gym which is well equipped. Consider also a jog down the beach every morning - fantastic!

Food was good with plenty of nearby restaurants within walking distance. Location is fantastic and we also did some scuba diving in Comino and Gozo - what an experience.

Fantastic hotel overall - do check it out.

by R Camile

Nothing special here!

"Arrived on package deal early hours and no facilities to have refreshments of any kind although made very welcome by reception staff. Next morning arranged tea/coffee facilites in room (at extra charge). Room on 1st floor very clean and spacious with view of surrounding countryside therefore nice and quiet. Busy road to cross to get to pretty beach.

Food only average - lukewarm on several occasions with limited choice on eastern theme night - if you don't like chinese you are stuffed! Drinks very cheap and bar staff polite and friendly.

All in all, not up to the standard we expected therefore wouldn't return here.

If booked late checkout please confirm with staff - ours was not booked but unable to confirm who was to blame - hotel or travel company. Staff did utmost to help us and managed to hang on to room until 6pm thankfully. 10/10 for staff effort in circumstances.

by 2AgeingWalkers

Relaxing Holiday

"I thought the best thing about this hotel was the staff. We were warmly welcolmed, given a cold drink and quickly checked in, given pool towels, safe key etc with minimum of fuss and shown to our room. Our room on the 4th floor had a large sunny balcony and full sea view, double bed and plenty of storage space. OK the TV was small, but apart from the news we don't bother with TV on holiday. Appliances didn't require adaptors, something I didn't know.

At dinner the first night we were allocated a table, then asked if we wanted to keep that table or move to another. We were happy to stay where we were, the tables are fairly close together but fortunatley we had nice people either side to chat to. At breakfast you may choose your own seat. The restaurant staff were lovely, nothing was too much trouble. The local wines are very good and not expensive by restaurant prices. We thought the bar drinks were reasonably priced also. The food was all buffet, but freshly cooked and you could always find something you fancied. Salad bar, 2 types of soup, a traditional roast every day, pasta, pizzas, fish and speciality dishes such as rabbit stew which was delicious, sweets and several flavour of ice cream. Breakfast also had a varied selection including fresh grapefruit and freshly made pancakes, fried, scrambled and boiled eggs, bacon etc as well as a good choice of cereals with pumpkin and sunflower seeds and the contintntal meats and cheeses. I thought they had covered all bases.

No problem finding a sun bed at the pool and didn't see any evidence of sunbed bagging, thank goodness. The beach across the road has soft sand and the water shelves gently, ideal for children. Plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas to hire.

we went on a boat trip on the Ferdananzo 11 which is a Turkish type boat. It took us to Gozo and stopped for a swim and lunch, then to the Blue Lagoon, where all the boats converge to visit the caves and more swimming. We were well fed and entertained all day. We also had a bumpy journey to Valletta on one of the old buses that stop across the road from the hotel and a trip by ferry to Gozo, where there are busses waiting to take you to the capital, Victoria. We then got a taxi to Xlendi and had a wonderful lunch at a seafront cafe called Churchills.

All in all, a nice hassle free hotel, lovely warm sunshine all week and we felt we'd had a relaxing holiday and been treated very well by all the staff.

by jbcumbria

Would thoroughly recommend the Seabank

"My friend and I had a girly break in the Rui Seabank for seven night on a half-board basis and were very impressed. The Hotel was very clean, lots of facilities, great food and friendly staff (especially Vanessa and Tony). Make sure you book the Castaway Cruise with Jimmy on the Fernandes 2, and spend a day on Gozo - the bus drivers are amazing! We travel to Malta regularly and would return to this hotel anytime."

by Rockmum

« 1 2 3 »

Map for Riu Seabank Hotel Closest airport: Malta International (MLA) 9.9 miles
Riu Seabank Hotel photos (3 traveller photos)