Occidental Allegro Oasis

Value: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Occidental Allegro Oasis

1 2 37 »
Lovely hotel

"Westayed 5 nights at this hotel and it was great..the food was great lots of choice and drinks on all inclusive was better than anywhere I've been before lot more choice ..I will go again for sure ..entertainment every night too"

• Holiday details: Dec 2011, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Just enjoy
by Anne B

Fantastic hotel (don't be put off by other reviews)

"I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks between 14/10/11 and 27/10/11 and I have to say it was FANTASTIC.

I was slightly worried as I had read some not so favourable reviews, however I can report that the hotel is lovely, and the staff are fantastic, the food was amazing (I am a very picky eater and always found something I could eat)

My room was huge (I travelled alone) I felt very safe, I had a massive double room with sea view which was lovely, but always windy and never sunny (I WOULD RECOMMEND A POOL VIEW ROOM AS THE SUN IS ALWAYS POOL SIDE)

Yes it does need a refurb, some of the furniture is a bit dated and obviously used, and yes there are stains on some of the carpets however it is clean.

I wiped my whole room with Detol wipes before I touched anything (OCD) and the wipes were clean.

There is entertainment for kids and adults every night which is fantastic.

The only thing that I didn't like was the lack of English TV, there was only Sky News, CNN, and Euro sport! in English, also its 1 Euro for 10 minutes of internet use (which I thought was ridiculous price)

I instead opted to pay for WIFI code for my phone which was £25 Euros per week a bit steep but since no TV had to be done.

The WIFI only works pool side, in the dining hall and in reception, so I recommend a pool view room so that you can access WIFI all the time and also the sun is always on the pool side balconies.

To sum up, this hotel was brilliant, I would recommend to everyone to stay, absolutely amazing value for money

The hotel is closing down in January 2012 for a refurb (which is needed) I just hope that when it re opens it is still as reasonably priced and that the amazing staff are still there.

I WOULD DEFO STAY THERE AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Get a pool view room, take a portable dvd player with dvd's as no uk TV Channels other then news and sports
by EbonyGem

go and enjoy gr8 value

"just returned and had a gr8 holiday, hotel is 4 star of a good standard but in need of updating ,the food was very good with lots of choice for breakfast and evening meals drinks on tap all day long serve yourself ,entertainment not bad and the hotel grounds are superb loads to do football ,crazy golf,tennis,squash courts,gym,darts,shooting,water polo,and yes the carpets in hotel are badly stained from guest taking drinks to rooms but i understand ther may be a referb later this year so go and have a great time ,"

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: nice walk to town along beach road
by len/san

Tired & Run on the Cheap

"The whole hotel needs re-decoration. No organisation in dining room, scramble for tables. Food OK. Not enough staff in dining room. Selection of drinks in all inclusive OK. The coffee and tea was sevrved up in polystyrene cups. Staff were helpful. Is hotel up for sale?"

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Avoid
by Happy Holiday Man

disgrace

"we recently returned from a two week stay at this hotel and could not wait to get home with two young children we were moved to three different rooms the first one had damp everywhere the second was on the fifth floor with no lock on the balcony door and with two children we demanded to be moved the third room again had lots of problems our view was a building sight and open sewage which smelt disgusting the tap water ran yellow to the point it discolored some clothes i hand washed the shower did not work nor did the air conditioning the rooms were filthy the carpets were stained and during our two week stay they were not once vacumed.

The food was so bad that we ended up eating out everynight the food in the hotel was salty greasy and quite frankly the same crap every night the staff were not helpful at all .

Entertainment was ok the first week but the next week the shows were repeated after the shows would finish we would just go to bed as it was so boring the town was three eeuros in a taxi so we couldnt keep going back and forth the hotel is also mainly spanish who are rude and impatient to top off the holiday our transport did not collect us from the hotel and we almost missed our flight home and also cost us 27 euros for a taxi the rep from cosmos was not helpfull when i got home i was so angry after all this holiday cost over 4 thousand pounds in total i wrote to cosmos and guess what we got a cheque for a poxy 200 pound to me this was a disgrace never again would i stop in this hotel even if it was free whoever rated this a 4 star must have been on something as this was no way a 4 star i would rate it a 1 star and thats pushing it on the plus side it was a beautiful country and once in the town center the food was lovely and plenty of friendly faces .

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Cosmos
  • Advice: do not go
by kris

Not a 4 star hotel

"We have just returned from a weeks holiday at this hotel. We normally stay at the Coronas Playa in Costa Teguise but took a last minute holiday and booked this hotel because that was what was available at short notice. We had seen the hotel on previous visits so we knew that it was on the very outskirts of Costa Tequise. However, the website said it was four star so we expected the usual cleanliness and helpfulness that we have enjoyed in hotels of the same rating. When we arrived we thought that it looked clean and the pool area was very inviting, one of the pools is heated which is a plus in Lanzarote. Once we got to our room we were very disappointed. The rooms had been carpeted and the carpets in the rooms and in the corridors were extremely dirty, the furniture in the room was very dated and shabby looking. However, the bathroom was clean, although for some reason the hot water was brown, and the dressing area in between the bathroom and the room was quite a nice touch. The room smelled of cigarette smoke and air freshener, which I find quite unpleasant. On one occasion our room was not cleaned and we had to wait until 19:00 for the only maid left in the hotel to come and clean it. There was a hole in my bottom sheet, this was reported but was not changed. The hotel rooms were quite shabby. The food was good and there was always a good choice, unfortunately the food was not always hot. The other downside was the entertainment which I considered to be dreadful and not entertaining at all. There was a majority of Spanish guests in the hotel so all of the daytime activities were aimed at them. They were also very aggressive when it came to waiting for anything and despite there being a queue for something they would blatantly jump it. They were very loud around the pool during the day and if you are a couple looking for a little peace and quiet during your holiday i would not recommend this hotel. We were told a couple of days before we left for home that the hotel had been downgraded to a three star and this came from the staff at the hotel. The hotel is a good hours walk from the centre of Costa Tequise but there is a bus stop outside of the hotel that will take you closer. On the plus side you do get a good view of the desalination plant in Arricife! I am disabled and could not get down to the small cove behind the hotel, also there are relatively no shops in the area. If you like to be around small children that cry a lot or your Spanish is very good then I would recommend this hotel. We were very pleased that we only had a week in this hotel and we will be returning to Thomson Gold holidays in the future."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Only to avoid it.
by Lizzie

Great Hotel

"Have just returned from the Occidental Allegro Oasis and can honestly say it is a really nice hotel. We have stayed in some excellent hotels and can say that this one was really nice. We weren't expecting much because the price with Monarch was such excellent value however we were very pleasantly surprised.

The hotel was spotlessly clean and the chef's on the show cooking were always washing their hands. The rooms were massive, plenty of space for us a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children.

The pool area was really large and we never once had any problems with obtaining a sunbed.

Okay the food might have been a bit monotonous but most hotels are after a few days. We always managed to find something to eat, the soups are delicious and the salads were really fresh.

Drinks were self service and were of a good standard and there was never any queuing.

It is a bit of a hike to the town centre but we caught a taxi every night as it was cheaper than actually getting the bus. Taxi cost between 3-5 euros.

I think if you are looking for a good standard that is great value than you should book here.

Can't fault this hotel and would definitely go back.

by The Mellor Family

Steer clear

"Advertised as a 4*, apart from the room itself, I would not rate it over 2*.

To give you a better idea incase some area do not interest you I will break it down into areas.

Location:

They say it is 2km from Costa teguise centre, with a short walk along the sea front. This must be before the property next door was built, as you had to make a km detour just to get to the seafront before walking to the rest of the resort. A good way it to use the bus, every 20 minutes, and only 1.15euro each.

Food:

This was the biggest let down.

The food was the same every day, little or no choice. Pork every meal, no cooked meats at lunchtime. No omelettes or well cooked food at breakfast, and everything was always swimming in grease.

When more food was put out, it was ontop of the older food, not in place so if you got the last bits towards the end of the mealtime, you could be pretty sure it was there at the start of the meal time.

The tables were not cleaned between diners, and tablecloths were not changed if the placemats or overcloths could hide a stain or split drinks.

The hotel states it has 3 restaurants, even though only one is ever open (the buffet).

For snacks you had a choice of a cheese toastie, a ham toasie a cheese and ham toastie or a cold hot dog. This was the same every single day, and apart from the toastie which you had to make so could be sure it was warm, the hot dogs felt like they were straight from the tin, not even tepid.

This is one reason we will never stay here again, and champion others not to whenever possible.

Drinks:

Nearly all drinks are self serve, and the staff for other drinks seem to be unhappy when you ask for a drink which they need to prepare for you such as a cocktail. We had only one cocktail, and this was a good enough reason not to try any others. Totally disgusting, and the staff didn't even know what they were doing.

If you like hot drinks, there are non-available in the buffet apart from at breakfast, and then nearly every cup has remains of the last drink in it. You are also made to drink from polystyrene cups apart from at breakfast, mmmmmm.

The say there are 3 bars, none of which are open at the same time. Don’t think of sitting in the evening outside to relax near the pool as you listen to the music from inside, the pool bar shuts at 5pm every day. The 2nd bar is poorly stocked, and the local drinks are nasty, not what we have had on our previous 3 trips to Costa teguise as local drinks. The 3rd bar is just a tap for you to poor your own beer.

The mini-bar in the room consists of only a fridge; the drinks for the mini bar can be re-stocked from a local shop.

Pool Area:

What a shame, the pool area has all the potential to be fantastic, however, there are very few parasols, most of which are very old, and are welded to the floor so no chance to get extra.

The sun loungers are years old, to the degree that the fabric has stretched so much you rest on the frame, and most have bird poo on them. In the week we stayed not once was the pool chairs or loungers cleaned.

The pools themselves are okay, but you don’t know which one has salt water till you get in as there are no signs. Also beware of broken tiles around the pool as I spotted several and the staff just shrugged when I raised my concerns.

Not one part of the pool area or drainage around it was cleaned during our stay. To give you an idea, the leaves from last fall, which was a couple of months ago, where still in the drains. The pools had oil all over the surface, and no attempt was made to clean in the pool either. The lifeguard was never near the pool, mainly sat in the shade with no view of the pool itself, and did nothing all week to improve the cleanliness of the water as most hotels do.

The entire area around the pool didn’t even get brushed in the week we were there, compare this to other hotels that brush daily, and wash down each evening or at least twice a week.

If you do go, take pool towels as the ones they give you are tiny and threadbare.

It doesn’t exactly inspire you with confidence.

Public areas:

There were a bunch of cockroaches in the corridor, all were dead. Not a problem as normally some keen member of staff would clear them away. Well this was when we arrived, and they were still there when we left. This was after us telling Thomas Cook rep, and the hotel manager.

There were masses of dust on all the plants and ledges.

On the plus side, when you first walk in it look pretty nice, how deceiving.

Rooms:

Well here is the good bit; the rooms were lovely, plenty of hanging space, lovely bathroom, and nice beds, carpeted. Some seating in the room, a nice balcony (not overlooking the sea as occidental say all room do, I reckon 80% do)

Only downside was smelly aircon, like a drain, had maintenance deal with it a few times.

Saying this, we still had a nice time, as we ate out every night, had a lie in every day, and got lunch over the road. Please steer clear of this hotel, and opt for something closer to the centre of teguise, where there are plenty of bars, places to eat and nice places just to relax.

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Dont go
by twiceyearly

good value

"have just returned 29 april after 7 enjoyable days hotel very large and rooms large grounds are excellent with 2 large pool 2 small pools, food is if a good choice but sometimes cold but there is a microwave and 3 salad bars,here you help yourself to wine/tea/coffee/beer ice cream all day long with no queqe ,yes the carpets are stained from holiday makers tacking drinks to rooms but this wont spoil your hols ,go and have a good time"

• Holiday details: Apr 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by lensan

Great value! It's a winner!!!

"My husband booked a last minute deal to Lanzarote as a treat for me after major surgery in January. We knew very little about Lanzarote apart from it being hot all year round and not too far away. We liked the idea of an all inclusive so that we could just relax and not think about money or where to eat etc during our stay. The Occidental looked great in the photos, was good value and so off we went.

The lay out of the hotel was great. The moment you walked in the main lobby you could see the pool and the sea beyond, and there were plenty of people so there was a a lively feel to the place (which we like). Large hotels which are dead are so depressing. Some people on the coach from the airport (which dropped people off at different hotels in Costa Teguise) were bemoaning the location of the Occidental Allegro, mouthing off about how "out of town" it was. As we got off they looked slightly embarrassed to have been so loud as we sitting right next to them. Initially as you unload your stuff you do think that you are "away from the action" of Costa Teguise but we had read of a coastal path and we like exercise so we weren't preturbed by that. Plus we wanted a mellow holiday in and around the hotel, not in the midst of a thumping resort.

Our room was fantastic, clean, large, yes there are 2 sinks in the bathroom, large balcony and huge joined up twin beds. Ours had a view of the gas plant and the port beyond, but you have to overcome this and not let it spoil the view of the green ocean and the swimming pools below. If you stay in Costa Teguise this is a feature of the coastal view so there's no getting away from it.

The pool area was large and there are plenty of sunbeds. Yes people do like to reserve theirs early in the morning, and yes, some don't seem to then inhabit them until after lunch, but on the whole there a lively buzz around the pool although not in any way annoying. This is not Ibiza Club 18 - 30!!!

The staff work hard to scoop up all the kids and offer heaps of activities from archery to darts which keep them amused. The pool bar is great for help-yourself beer/wine/sangria/soft drinks, and for those with a taste for something harder, a waiter will serve you your tipple. There's bread, cheese, ham, salad, icecream, cakes and lollies to help yourself to just incase you feel peckish in between meals.

Meals were fantastic. Wide range of choice ranging from soup to cooked meat dishes and fish, yes chips did feature if you wanted them, speciality cooking infront of you etc, but for us the main attraction was the incredible salad bars which were delicious. We ate tonnes of the stuff, washed down with wine and spanish manchego cheese and olives. YUM!!! For pudding lovers there were plenty of sweet treats and icecreams, but for fruit fans there was always a variety. You could not go hungry. I loved the fresh fish cooked infront of me by a large and friendly chef. Fresh tuna - absolutely wonderful. On a couple of occasions there was smoked salmon in the salad bar - delicious!

In the evenings the hotel laid on entertainment. This was hit and miss, but the acrobatic shows were a winner - especially when my husband got roped in to 'perform'. This all takes place in the bar and there are plenty of people enjoying the atmosphere, the 'free bar' and the show. We liked taking a night cap up to our balcony and as long as you clear away your glasses there were no objections. At midnight everything really quietens down, even the teenagers, and there are no drunken revellers spoiling your beauty sleep until the early hours.

Finally the location of the hotel! Yes it was a bit out of the main resort of Costa Tequise but there is this wonderful paved path which is a winner to walk off the good food and free flowing booze! The resort itself seems a bit tawdry, Irish bars with nobody in them and burger and pizza joints which offer cheapo deals on dirty plates. That aside the beaches are pretty and the sand is golden and clean.

Would I recommend this hotel? If you like hustle and bustle then yes. It is not a 5 star, it is not pristine and immaculate, but it is a cracking good deal and we had a superb time. Value for money it certainly was and we loved it.

• Holiday details: Mar 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: This is a great value hotel for anyone wanting a sunny holiday without any fuss.
by Rebecca from Norwich

Had a great holiday

"Booked three weeks before. The hotel is definitely four star. I've stayed in numerous three star hotels and this is definitely better. The carpets in the rooms could do with replacing, as could the carpets in the hallways leading to rooms (though how much time do you actually spend in your rooms!!) but everywhere else lived up to expectations. There was a separate dressing room with two basins which was excellent. There were plenty of sunbeds, food was varied and we enjoyed most of the food which we ate. Lager, sangria, wine, soft drinks and hot drinks were self service which was great. Drinks were served in glasses rather than plastic cups, another bonus. You could make up your own toasted sandwiches in the afternoon or help yourself to deserts or ice cream (near pool bar. The pool area is well kept and the hotel is right next to a beach which is realatively private. There is a 45 min walk to the main resort of Costa Teguise, but we enjoyed the walk - ideal for walking off the calories! Most of the entertainment in the evenings we enjoyed and was of good standard. There was a mix of British, German and Spanish people staying at the hotel. We definitely had value for money."

• Holiday details: Jan 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by TandB

Don't Go There!

"Don't listen to the moaners? You SO need to listen to the moaners before you book this hotel! We had 14 nights at this so called 4 star hotel, I can tell you we couldn't wait to get home. The hotel reception and public areas (pool, bars) are lovely, but that's where it ends. Our room carpet was very dirty, our bath was rusty, the hot water was luke warm and yellow in colour for three days before it eventually ran clear and warmed up. The food was either luke warm or cold, never hot, and very repetitive. The evening entertainment consisted of a 45 minute show (eg. a reptile show with one lizard, one snake and a tortoise), starting at 9.45pm and ending at 10.30pm, and then nothing, not even music, then the bar shut at 11.30pm every night - we were bored stiff! We were not made to feel welcome by the majority of the staff apart from our cleaner, Rosa, the outdoor chef and some of the bar staff. We spoke to several Brits when we could find them (the clientel were 98% Spanish and totally disregarded the Brits), and all of them had the same feeling about this hotel. One British couple who we talked to had been there 5yrs earlier and said back then it was fantastic, they thought the hotel had degraded significantly since then. The hotel seems to cater only for the Spanish, Brits are not made to feel welcome here, please take note of my comments. I dont work for any travel agent, I reckon some of the previous comments on this site could be suspect, if you get my drift....... The main entertainment host was only interested in Spanish guests and young females, not one of the animations staff spoke to us or most of the other Brits, just the Spanish. Thomas Cook should take note and take this hotel off their books. £3500 for our family of 4 could have been better spent elsewhere. Dont go to this hotel. Lanzarote is a lovely island and Costa Teguise where we ate 3 times just to get a hot meal, is a lovely area for beaches and water activities, so we would definately go back, but not to the Occidental Oasis. We were recommended to the Coronas Player hotel and the Lanzarote Bay so check these out on the internet."

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Lovely area, great weather, very clean island.
by stelz22

1 2 37 »

Map for Occidental Allegro Oasis Closest airport: Lanzarote (ACE) 7.4 miles

Top traveller tips for Occidental Allegro Oasis
  • by shortpauline

" Ate in the hotel as food was amazing, tried a few irish bars and the shamrock was by far the best "