Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship

, Thomson Cruises
hotel photo
Check the latest prices for this cruise

1 2 311 »
Agean Classics - Another first class experience!

"We had such an amazing holiday on this ship last year that we decided to return! We stayed in a cabin on Deck 3, which was spacious with plenty of wardrobe space, tea/coffee facilities, fridge, flat screen TV and a hairdryer. A faulty bulb in the bathroom was changed within an hour.The cabin was spotless and remained so for the duration of the cruise. Attention to detail was excellent. The standard of cleanliness/hygiene throughout the ship was superb. The quality, range and presentation of food was first class. Staff were attentive, friendly and helpful. A talented entertainment team provided first class entertainment. The range of trips on offer were well organised with knowledgeable guides ensuring that each trip was informative and memorable.Sun beds were in plentiful supply on board ship. Our second visit on board the Majesty didn't disappoint and we shall definitely return!"

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Take advantage of the range of organised tours available in order to experience a taste of different cultures. Cycle tours available for the more adventurous clientele!
by Fletch89

Nice cruise, but...

"We had planned the cruise (Adriatic Explorer) celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary.

Thomson Majesty was the ship. A cruise consists of 2 things: the ports of call and the ship. Adriatic is a great choice to sail in tranquil waters and ports close to each other so you don't spend your time sailing. The ports (destination towns) very similar (except of Corfu and Venice) but Dubrovnik a steo forward. Scheduling the route was a little problematic, as we had to sail away from Venice at 5 pm! Life on board well planned and entertainment of good quality.

The ship a little old (1992) but meeting most of standards.

Except of one.

Cabin air conditioning.

When we entered our cabin (6027) it was freezing cold. We were told that the previous passenger wanted that way and they will “fix” it. We had to spend the night in that cold cabin and the next “afternoon” the technicians couldn't “fix” it. So they had to disconnect the A/C from the thermostat, letting us for the next 5 days WITH NO A/C.

Thank you Thomson Majesty.

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Book for your dinners in "Seven Seas",
by Stepan P

First cruise and will be back

"Just returned from our first cruise, the Adriatic Explorer. We had an outside plus cabin on deck 3 which, though small for a family of four, served our purposes and didn't mar our enjoyment of the cruise. The cabin stewards (Angela and Med) could not do enough for us and dealt with any queries with the maximum responsiveness and efficiency. The daily pool towel animals they left were a nice touch too.

We tended to eat in the buffet restaurants, as it's easier to find something for the whole family and could not find any problems at all. Others have said they found the food to be not hot enough but that certainly wasn't the case with us. The bar staff and waiters were all first class and we even tipped a couple of them for outstanding service.

The entertainment was also top notch from the cruise director downwards. There is no way you could get bored on a Thomson cruise ship as there is always something happening. All of the entertainments crew very friendly and sociable and, again, couldn't do enough for you. We generally spent our evenings doing the quizzes (always a good laugh), then either the game show or one of the shows in the Jubilee Lounge.

The choice of ports to call at was also really good with perhaps the exception of Koper in Slovenia. Unfortunately, it was a Sunday when we called there and not a lot was open. Venice, Zadar and Dubrovnik were all magnificent but, for me, the best call was Kotor in Montenegro - an absolutely stunning harbor and the sail in was truly magnificent. I don't think I've ever seen a more naturally beautiful place.

All in all, a fantastic cruise for our first one and we have already booked our second for next April.

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, booked with Planet Cruise
  • Advice: Book a plus cabin if you can - the extra space is worth it.
by Barry P

Adriatic Explorer - First Cruise - can't wait for the next

"Our first cruise and will not be our last.

Yes the ship is quite old now but everything was clean and tidy. Food very good and plentiful. Drinks package booked early was fantastic value.

Mainly ate in Seven Seas. Rock and Matt were fantastic as was our wine waiter Sanjeev. They made every meal special!

We did an excursion every day, enjoying Lake Bled in Slovenia, Zadar in Croatia where we had excellent guides. Our personal favorite however was Kotor in Montenegro, the sail in and out is not to be missed.

Evening entertainment was excellent. The trick is to eat at 6.15-6.30 and afterwards go straight into theater to get a seat

Yes Corfu Airport leaves a lot to be desired but the lasting memories will be of the great time we had on this amazing holiday.

• Holiday details: Jun 2014, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Savour evry moment, it goes too quickly
by Bob H

Majesty 4/7/14

"Just got back from a week on Majesty

Fantastic holiday staff extremely helpful..food a little cool for my liking but that's personal choice,

The ship is great and the shows first class.

The only downside was ..the cabins on deck 3 are rather small and not enough wardrobe space...but after all you don't spend your days in the cabin.

You sleep in it and get showered and changed...excellent shower

So don't worry about some of the reviews ...but ...we are all entitled to our own opinion

I thoroughly enjoyed it ..

Jean clover

by JeannieC

Great first cruise on the Thomson Majesty (Adriatic Explorer)

"As a 21st birthday for myself, my mum and dad decided to treat us all and go on a cruise in May of this year, having never cruised before we were all apprehensive prior to our holiday.

From getting off the coach at Corfu port until leaving for a home a week later everything was seamless. We have a fantastic holiday, so much so that we came home and booked another cruise on the majesty in August this time doing a different itinerary.

Our cabin was situated on deck 9, room 907. We have a junior suite with a balcony which was fabulous as we have no idea that we would have one. Our view was completely unobstructed, however the cabins next to us both had obstructed views.. saying this though the passengers on either side of us still seemed to get fantastic views and didn't seem put off by the lifeboat.

As mentioned in other reviews the ship is old but nevertheless still a great one! We could not fault the cleanliness, although tatty in some places this is expected due to the age of the ship. However I was not put off by this.

The food on the ship was fantastic, our personal favorite was the seven seas, as there was a fabulous atmosphere every night at dinner with plenty of laughing and the opportunity to meet new people each night. The food in San Marco buffet restaurant was also great + afternoon tea at the Cafe Royal buffet is a must. There is plenty of choice and food to suit everyone taste. My dad is gluten free and every morning and night he was given gluten free bread to accompany his meal, each night my dad was also given the next days menu so he could choose what he wanted and a gluten free option would be made.

The entertainment on the ship is ok, however we preferred to spent our evenings on deck 10 with friends we had made, the bar staff were also great JD and Aya and provided us with laughs every night. When we were on the ship there was a guest comedian, who was hilarious. There is plenty of entertainment during the day also.

The excursions offered on board where quite expensive, we paid for the cable car tour in Dubrovnik however we felt it was very rushed and we didn't have enough time to explore. My advice is to do your own thing rather than tours.

Our housekeeping staff were absolutely fantastic (Anthony and Rocky, they could not do enough for us and kept our room spotless.

All in all we had a fabulous time, some people have complained previously about the Majesty being shabby and tired, however we never experienced this. The dress code is quite casual (men have to wear long trousers at night) and suited us fine.

• Holiday details: May 2014, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Do your own trips and book early to get a free drinks package!
by cruiser9320

Best time ever

"Just returned yesterday from a brilliant week around the Adriatic and as a frequent cruiser I can honestly say this has to have been my best yet.

We found the bar staff on deck 10, especially Omar who could not do enough for you, nothing was to much trouble for any of the staff and all deserve 10/10.

The staff on reception very helpfully and very polite and my very small query was dealt with within minutes.

Leroy who was the maître'd is in the perfect job, and he even recognized two lady's wearing the same dress on Captains night and made sure they were seated opposite sides of the dinning room as not to cause any embarrassment. To me I thought that was a lovely thing to do and neither woman knowing about the other.

Our cabin was on deck 3 outside plus and it was lovely, flat screen television and a good hairdrier, which does make all the difference to a woman. The shower was very powerful and constant hot water, air con worked well which was very much needed on this cruise. I would recommend outside plus just for that bit of extra room.

We could not complain about the food as there was too much choice for there not to be something you did not like.

All in all brilliant cruise and already booked our next one.

• Holiday details: Jun 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Eat in the 7 seas restraunt on the evening for a special experience.
by Jury

freindly majesty

"this should be marketed as Thomson friendly cruise ship all staff treat you as long lost palls, spotless, great food,great ports, entertainment team - just okay petty team leader a diva and team follow, they don't mix with passengers shows need an upgrade, but had a great cruise."

• Holiday details: Jun 2014
  • Advice: just relax enjoy as omar (barman) says chill
by smokeys

Thomson Majesty cruise from Malaga for 7 nights 20th March 2014

"This is the first time we have cruised with Thomsons.

The health and safety on board is disgusting.

My Mother 84 and my sister with learning difficulties had to slide down 4 flights of stairs on her bottom as no staff to help her when the alarm went off in the middle of the night as the engines had broken down in severe weather conditions. We had to get to the muster station on deck 7 from deck 9. There were signs on the lifts saying not to use them.On arriving on deck 7 athe muster station there were only the one or two staff passing through to advise all was OK.We then had to find staff to get back to the room as the lifts were not working still when we were told all was OK but difficult to establish really what had happened we had little information and no real apology as to what the real problem was.When returning to the deck the smell of Diesel was disgusting.

Many staff were terrified also by the experience and they didnt seem to know what was going on when we first looked into the corridor of our deck from our room, wearing their lifejackets and running around confused.,No staff again were able to help us decend the stairs. I was actually told by one member of staff that there had been a fire.

On reaching the room back on deck 9 ,I then repeated my previous requests to remove the big glass table that had we have fallen and my sister also has severe vertigo could have proved fatal.After 4 requests it was removed but the glass put under the bed, bearing in mind the extremely bad weather could easily have slid from under the bed and smashed.

The following night my Mother and sister were severely sick, I asked the medical center to visit them in our room.

My Mother stood up when they arrived and fell on my bed and the bed collapsed, the ship was really rocking. After my Mother and Sister had both been put on a drip we were advise the cost, fortunately My Mother and sister were insured but the cost of the drips were as follows, My Mothers total cost, 627.00 pound my Sisters total cost 629.00 pound we were told there was 500.00 excess to pay and they would charge us on board then we would have to take up with the Insurance company. Outrageous and we are still waiting for a refund having had the cost taken out on our final on board Bill.

As a matter of fact on contacting the Insurance Company (the Medical Center had advised they had contacted the Insurance Co, while we were on board and seen all our papers)and I had also shown to the Medical in the Insurance company's brochure the excess was only 60.00pound each with the Insurance Company so my Mother a pensioner of 84 years is still out of pocket by 500.00 pound.

Thomsons have now stated that the Medical Center were independent from the ship but Thomsons quickly took the 500.00 pound on our final bill and as I pointed out we had booked with Thomsons not the Medical Center direct.I also pointed out the Medical Center was on their ship so should take some responsibility.

It seems to me all Thomsons are bothered with is making money from passengers while no real concerns for their customers.

I have written to Thomsons 3 times since the end of the cruise and filed a complaint the day after the engines broke down filling a form in on board with a member of staff.

This was all very stressful and the reply I have had from Thomson is a very weak apology and on them contacting the staff on the ship are satisfied all was done in the situation!!!

I AM OUTRAGED AND THE HEALTH AND SAFETY FOR ELDERLY AND DISABLED PASSENGERS IS APPALLING!

I have responded again to Thomsons after their third letter of response.

They should not get away with it.

We have never had any problems with the 5 other cruise company's we have sailed with in the past.

LIz Hawkins

• Holiday details: Mar 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Second class
by pavoreal

What a Disappointment

"If you have never cruised before give it a go you don,t know the difference, If you have cruised with other lines don,t bother as you will be truly disappointed.

We have just returned on April 3rd from 14 nights on " Thompson Majesty" we were allocated cabin No. 828 which was very small virtually no wardrobe space and a small space between two single beds. Dress codes are ignored as vests and shorts are accepted in Buffet eating areas. The "Show Lounge" is not comfortable that is if you can get a seat which proved not to be easy. There are almost no announcements as to arrivals at Ports of Call, Weather conditions etc. The general alarm activated in the early morning hours but no information was given as to the problem. Entertainment ,the Resident Group were good but guest artists pathetic ( i.e. has been ) All the staff on board were very good but that could not compensate for the downsides.

So sorry Thompson it's a " NO " from us.

by Rikardo

Wonderful relaxing holiday

"Our first cruise and it was brilliant. The service we received from the crew was second to none, they were all very helpful, hard working and efficient which in turn made everything run as smooth as clock work.

Our cabin was 3 berth outside on deck 7 and was plenty big enough for us, it was clean and had lots of storage space. The bathroom was well equipped. Towels and bedding were bright white. The cabin staff were great and did a very good job.

Food was of a good standard and available 20 hours a day...hence I gained 1/2 stone! Tables were kept well being cleared very quickly even a busy times.

Entertainment was smashing with a variety of quizzes, shows and music to choose from.

Nothing seemed to much trouble for any member of the crew and it is lovely to see so many people enjoying there jobs.

We didn't pay for any excursions as we made our own way around when we docked. Lisbon was our first stop and we got on a hop on hop off bus for €15 each. This was great value for money and we got to see everything we wanted to however when we got to Cadiz we did the same thing it cost us €17 each and was far from value for money as the city is much smaller so is easy to do on foot if you are able. Casablanca is one to watch, although the mosque is beautiful and a must see be very careful get a price before you get in a taxi and watch you bags.

We have traveled a lot and stayed in many hotels but for value for money this one takes the biscuit.

Will 100% book again.

• Holiday details: Mar 2014, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Relax and enjoy you time on board unfortunately it won't last for ever, take something warm to put over your shoulders in the evenings
by Jenniehewer

Italian Flavours

"We ventured on our first cruise, on the Thomson Majesty, and loved it! We had an outside plus cabin for 3 and found it nice and roomy- and spotless. The crew were brilliant-so too the meals.loved the evening shows, very professional.The wife had a fall in Rome, and Daniele the tour guide even texed the ship to let them know. All the tours a little pricey but very good.Have booked to go on Adriatic explorer this year on the Majesty- can't wait!"

by Robert T

Food: 8/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Need a hotel before or after your Thomson Majesty cruise?

Check out these recommendations in ports for upcoming itineraries

Top traveller tips for Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship
  • by Linbob

" Try to dine around 7.30pm then you wont have to wait on a table. "

• by Andy Mills

" If you like a drink, buy the drinks package. You will save a fortune "

• by Amanda1

" eat in self service restaurant food was better there "

• by Jordane Keddie

" Get round everything on the ship. If you are not a big walker, take advantage of all the things happening on the ship. Check the Cruise News for times and places of fun activities! "

• by Terry Kershaw

" Plan to eat before 7.30 if you want to miss the que at the 7 Seas restaurant. "

• by EddieC

" get into dining room before 7 45 and get to theatre after dinner to get a seat "

• by Mull

" Eat in the Four Seasons and sunbathe on Deck 9 as Deck 10 gets too busy. "

• by d kilbee

" Get on level 6 or above cabin mid ships to keep engine noise levels to minimum. "

Do you own Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship?

Stayed on Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship? Share your insight.