Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship

, Thomson Cruises
hotel photo
Check the latest prices for this cruise

« 1 2 3 411 »
Majesty ship from limassol

"First time cruisers, really enjoyed ourselves, ship nice and clean, staff were fantastic, couldn't do enough for you, always

Had smiling faces. Food, so much of it, two restaurants with waiter service, visited bistro one night well worth the extra money fantastic food. Entertainment excellent, amenities sauna, gym really enjoyed these, cabin compact but had everything you need inside, always turned down at night with chocolate on the pillows and towels designed into shapes really lovely touch. Only downside was Thomson tour to Jerusalem/Bethlehem to rushed, didn't see everything, so I would take a taxi outside shop and negotiate a deal.

• Holiday details: Nov 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Everything was perfect could'nt find fault
by Matsuri

Fantastic First cruise!!

"We have just returned from a Thompson cruise and stay on The Majesty and after being really worried as I am not a good sailor, I have to say it was totally amazing. In fact this was our first cruise and friends had suggested the Adriatic Explorer was a good one to start on because it is so flat calm. From the minute we boarded the ship we started to relax, the staff throughout the ship were incredible and made it such a great atmosphere. As I am Gluten Free at mealtimes I was given the menu for the next night and then they adapted it for me. The chef even made my own Baked Alaska! I never expected such quality food or treatment. I loved the fact that staff were at every eating place with anti bacterial bottles ready to zap your hands as you went in, this gives you a great sense of confidence in the ship and its standards.

Visiting Venice amongst all the other lovely places was unforgettable, we had a great day site seeing and when we arrived there mid morning it was very busy in St Marks Square but returning there at lunchtime it had calmed down a bit. We walked everywhere from when we left the ship, the river boats looked so packed and we thought we would see far more by walking about. We really loved it and would like to go back one day; people we met on the cruise had been several times to Venice and always found something to do there. When the ship sailed in the evening, two of the ships classical singers sang 'Andrea Bocelli' and that was wonderful and it felt really emotional. I am not really into classical music but I love 'Bocelli' and it would be hard not to be moved by the sail away.

Returning to the cruise itself, it is incredible value for money [especially if you book early and get a cheap drinks package deal] and we could not fault it in any way, in fact we have already been and booked again, trying another ship this time in another region. People on the cruise said that Thompson are great because you don't feel out of place wearing a smart cocktail dress or top and trousers. Obviously the men wouldn't wear T shirt and shorts for dinner but that is common sense really. Apparently some of the other cruise lines insist on a dress code [jackets for the men in the evenings etc. We prefer a more relaxed approach which is not to say 'tatty' at all.

There really is something for everyone and music wise too, from piano/violin, to modern pop and classical. One night after a show I suggested we go and look at the disco/nightclub, it was so good we stayed and danced for a while.

I have reviewed the hotel we stayed in Corfu separately for the second week [Louis Grand Glyfada] incidentally the organization and transfers from plane to ship to hotel all ran really smoothly.

• Holiday details: Sep 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: If you have flatish suitcases take them [ours were too deep] , they are better as they will fit under the bed to provide more space in the cabin.
by Cheryl W

Dinning and drinks package

"Loved the ship the staff were fantastic really helpful made our holiday as always. Thomson should be very proud of their staff. Leroy and Stefan went the extra mile to ensure everybody enjoyed their time on board. The bar staff were all great but we feel Victor JD and Rab C did that little bit more to make us feel special.

The entertainment was fantastic all the shows were first class Music Unlimited did a fantastic job playing all over the ship.

The food in the restaurant was very good but that was not the case of the buffet on deck ten. Most of the tine the food was Luke warm and the choice was limited very disappointing not your usual standard.

The drinks package left a lot to be desired . Most of the drinks I like I had to pay extra also the soft drinks by the can were also chargeable . My husband returned several drinks as the horrible Pepsi cola was flat out of the bottle. When we were on the Majesty in April we still got cans of coke at no charge . I think at £200 each per week most drinks should be included especially. Soft drinks.

by Jim Janette

Great Cruise, shame about the ship

"This was our first cruise, and we had a great time. We had an inside cabin which was fine, plenty enough space and storage. The ship was spotlessly clean but tired looking in places. Having said that I wasn't very impressed, take your own hairdryer, the one in the cabin isn't strong enough to blow out a candle (and ours was held together with tape), towels grey and flat, we had to have our shower mixer replaced as we had no hot water for 2 days. My mattress had a large dip in it, it took 3 days for them to change it so I had a bad back, the first lady I spoke to at reception just shrugged and said there were no more, until I pointed out there were 2 spare bunks in our cabin. The food in the restaurants was mostly good apart from the coffee in the evenings, I'm sure it was from lunchtime, and I sent it back many times. Every time we tried to go to a show we couldn't get in, as we went to the second show as we don't like to eat early. Contrary to above comments, during our trip there were not enough sunbeds! There were notices around saying any sunbed left for 45 minutes and the towels etc would be removed, I never saw this enforced. The Café Royale was like a staff canteen, and the food choice was the same every day unimaginative. Please leave the ice carving, vegetable carving and towel folding alone and concentrate on what matters. I liked that when you went for breakfast and dinner you sat at a large table with different people every time, we made some lovely friends this way, the trips and itinerary were great. We were told by veteran cruise goers, please don't judge all cruises on this one, this is the poorest ship we have been on. Not sure if we will cruise again"

• Holiday details: Sep 2013
  • Advice: don't go if the ship is full
by Jill R

fantastic holiday

"This was our second holiday on the Majesty, and was again a fantastic holiday, we had an outside plus cabin, that was clean, and a good size, the cleaners did the room twice daily, and were very friendly. The main areas of the ship were always clean and tidy.

The food was great, buffet breakfast with a great choice, lunch time there was a choice of buffet or waiter service. Evening meal was open sitting, we never had to queue , the menus were brilliant with 5 courses.

The entertainment was great, although this year we only had one professional entertainer, (a comedian who was very good). Could have done with a professional singer as well.

What really makes this holiday is the staff, they work so hard, and give a fantastic service.

Well worth having the drinks package, really good value for money.

• Advice: visit the al la carte restaurant. £19 per person was excellent,
by Christine W

Pearls of the Aegean September 2013

"I often wonder do some people spend their holiday just looking for faults .It seems that some people will moan about the toilet paper.My wife and I have just had a superb week on the Majesty ,staff always happy and friendly, our cabin kept spotless by Maryna, food hot and varied, entertainment excellent. The cabin was adequate for us you only sleep in it not live in it.Shower had boiling hot water and was ok in size. The ship was constantly being cleaned AND THERE WERE PLENTY OF SUNBEDS. Do not take very large cases because you store them under the bed. All in all a great holiday on a good ship. All of us enjoyed our cruise so a BIG THANK YOU THOMSON MAJESTY."

• Holiday details: Sep 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Stop looking for faults just enjoy yourself .Your holiday will soon be over
by vernon

Return passenger

"First time cruisers in January around the canaries loved every part of it what do people expect get a life this ships excellent for the price if you want expensive then pay the price and stop the moaning due to o back on the majesty in two weeks can't wait well done Thomson"

• Holiday details: Jan 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Relax and enjoy
by S glover

For Grown ups only!!

"First time on this particular ship and despite some negative reviews from previous passengers, our party of 4 were highly delighted with the Italian Flavours cruise.

There is no need to go into lengthy detail about how good everything was, as this is unnecessary. I do believe that because the minimum age group was 16, this fact greatly contributed towards the trip being enjoyed by us (very active and happy ladies 60+) and seemingly by 99% of the other passengers.

The perfect cruise, itinerary and month to go and the all inclusive package (which we booked free of charge in September 2012) makes it a cruise to remember for all the right reasons. We are hoping to return this September.

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Malta is a place of old time traditions, history and very welcoming.
by Margaret1947

great cruise thomson majesty

"five star cruise. ship staff, crew, meals, entertainment, intinerys all fantastic.drink package is good value but wish they went back to cans of juce ie coke as pour from bottles goes flat"

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: just relax and enjoy
by smokeys

Thomson Majesty Junior Suite

"Last September we sailed on the Majesty on the Pearl of the Aegean.

This was our first ever cruise and we decided to splash out on a Suite, this cost us another £1,800 on top of a standard cabin.

When we arrived at the ship we noticed it was a few years old but looked well enough from the dock side, we was greeted by a member of staff and taken up to deck 9 by to our suite, we noticed graffiti scratched on the inside of the lift doors, and when we saw our suite we was a little shocked.

The room looked dated, The radio did not work,the windows where dirty and scratched, the tv reception was poor, no dvd's to watch on the dvd player, the mini bar fully stocked but was not included in the extra charge for the suite, we had no his and hers robes throughout the whole week, the air-conditioning refused to work even after a technician had been to fix it, the so called breakfast in bed was for one day only and was just a small continental breakfast, the laundry service was for one free item of clothing only, yet they managed to ruin my trousers by shrinking them 3 sizes. the best bit was even though we had paid £1,800 extra for our room, we was still charged to get a bottle of drinking water brought to the room, yet we was on an all inclusive deal!!!!

We arranged for a celebration cake to co-inside with our Silver wedding anniversary meal, and it never turned up, we had pre-booked this with reception.

I'm not going to critisize everything, but when you spend that much money you at least expect something nice, the suites on the Majesty just are'nt worth the money, save your hard earned cash and book a standard room.

As for the rest of the cruise ship, the staff are friendly, and work hard, the food was fairly good though not very warm when served in the restaurant, the entertainment was good but got very boring after 3 days of seeing the same people doing simular shows night after night, it was a bit like Butlins to be honest.

The coach excursions at port are very expensive, and this is something we wouldnt do again, as we are doing the Italian Flavours this September we are going to use local transport and we have booked a standard outside room this time.

Sorry if I'm going on here, but I just didnt think the suite we had was worth no where near what we paid, and I would advise anyone to save there money. I would give the staff and crew 8/10 but the rooms and decor on the ship get a 4/10

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: book a room above deck 5, as very noisy lower down
by Ian S

Cant wait to cruise with Thomson again next year

"This was our second Thomson cruise, we went on the Destiny in May 2011 and enjoyed it very much. We felt that the Majesty was a much nicer ship in more ways than one, the food was in both the buffet and waiter service restaurants was by far superior, we both commented on this. The service was second to none, the staff could not do enough for you. We chose to upgrade this trip to an outside plus cabin for extra room and rang up before the trip to ensure that we had a queen size and not twin beds which we had previously. This upgrade was well worth the money, more room to move about and plenty of storage, we both slept extremely well a the beds were very comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed the play during the day and musicals during the evenings, the actors and singers were very professional and as we booked early we had the free upgrade to include a drinks package, our glasses were never empty, as soon as a member of staff could see you were almost finished they would be there immediately to offer a top up. Our only minor gripes during this trip was the seating arrangements for both waiter services breakfast and the evening meal, although it states open seating, when we as a couple entered the restaurant asking for a table for two, the staff seem intent on sitting you on a table for 6 with other dinners, which is fine in the evening we have no problem meeting other people, but I am NOT a morning person and I had to insist every morning to the waiter directing passengers that we did not ant to share thank yu very much at breakfast, we were then pointed to a table for two somewhat reluctantly. Secondly the swimming pool was minute with very few sunbeds actually around the pool itself. All in all we had a fabulous time and enjoyed all the ports of call. We did our own thing and as before did not book any excursions, we have found it much much cheaper to get around yourself either by taxi, bus, boat or a hop on hop off bus."

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Ideally choose an outside + cabin for more room
by Sue L

A fantastic holiday

"We have just returned from a weeks holiday aboard the Thomson Majesty and have had a lovely holiday. The Ship exceeded our expectations, it was in good condition, very clean and had all the amenities we wanted.

The staff were really helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

We had an outside cabin with a window in the middle of deck 4 and it was compact but large enough for what we needed. The only tip I would give is that the cases needed to be stored under the beds so don't have one that is too chunky, as it may not fit. We had hard cases and the larger of the two was about 1cm too deep so it had to stand on it's end near the dressing table, it wasn't in the way but if both had to go there it would have been a nuisance. The cabin was quiet and in a good location and always had hot water in the shower and a good hair dryer.

The restaurant had an open dining system which we liked it was flexible and nice to sit with different people. The food was good and we were really pleased with the inclusive drinks package, it was good value and cheaper booked with the holiday compared to on board prices. There was no skimping on drinks and our wine glasses were topped up before we emptied them in the restaurant.

The entertainment was very good, the team were all excellent singers and put on a professional show each night.

We went on 3 excursions, which were a bit pricey but we found them very good, the guides were very informative and everything was planned well and organised.

The only thing we could say negatively is that the pools were on the small side, but that is all.

We found a variety of people on board and there was something for everyone, different ages and some people who wanted a relaxed casual holiday and others that liked to dress up and be more formal.

We would love to go again and would recommend it.

• Holiday details: May 2013, booked with Spalding Travel
  • Advice: Book a drinks package when booking the holiday and also book excursions on line as they can get booked up.
by Karen P

Food: 8/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Need a hotel before or after your Thomson Majesty cruise?

Check out these recommendations in ports for upcoming itineraries

Do you own Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship?

Stayed on Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship? Share your insight.