Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship

, Thomson Cruises
Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship
Check the latest prices for this cruise

« 1 2 3 413 »
Xmas cruise

"We have just returned from our cruise on the Thomson majesty cruise ship and it was a Xmas cruise to remember for all the wrong reasons.

The ship was rife with the so called Noro virus and my husband got it on Xmas eve we think it was the rice that did it, so our Xmas day was confined to our cabin, with the worst room service ever, each meal that was delivered to the cabin was cold .

The problem with this ship is the food, it did not matter where you went to eat it was always cold or just warm and no more so it did not surprise me that people were ill, if the food was hot as it should have been it would have got the thumbs up as there was plenty to choose from.We were not the only ones to complain as speaking to others at meal times they too said the meals were not hot enough.

The entertainment was good and the cabin and cleaning staff worked there socks off as did the Thomson's entertainment team

We had an outside plus cabin it was excellent plenty of room and the shower was good.

The trips Thomson do are not value for money, we went on the morocco shopping trip and for 29.00 each we got a approx15 min trip in a coach to 2 places with 1 hour in each place which was not enough time to look around,

The ship docks in an industrial port so you can't walk anywhere, there are taxis at the port and through talking to other ship mates they told us they got 3and a half hours in a taxi being taken around and stopping at the same places as we had done and more, for a grand total of 30 euros. So I feel we were ripped off.This was our 3rd cruise but not one we would do again.

by Val C

Think about this ship long and hard before committing yourself

"I have never written a review in my life before, but felt I needed to have my say about the present state of the Majesty. We have just returned from the Xmas cruise. We traveled on this ship soon after Thomson took ownership and really enjoyed the ship and what it was offering, but things have changed... We still enjoyed this cruise I think you have to take ownership of your own destiny, but there are many things that need looking at .....

The check in procedure: We had to stand and wait for 1 hour 30 minutes to check in for the ship, they only had a few check in desks open and said that 10 flights had arrived within an hour of each other, this must happen every week so why wasn't an action plan put in place to open more desks when these flights arrived, this was especially bad for the disabled people, there was no wheelchairs available and we even witnessed a frail elderly lady sitting on the floor in the queue to check in, this is completely unacceptable

The cabin: We had an outside plus so the size was adequate,the fronts of the draws were loose and if you opened one draw you were faced with at least two others opening at the same time, yes the bathroom did have chipped paint around the sink and I do think this isn't acceptable and Thomson should be sorting things out like this, that do look a mess, BUT it didn't spoil my holiday.

The shows: We were disappointed with the standards of the shows, some aspects were great but others were pretty poor and the big surprise is the amount of chunky girls/boys that were in the singing/dancing troop, I'm chunky myself so I know the slimmer people always look more appealing to the eye and I also think it did show in the performances ( this isn't a complaint only an observation)

The food: I don't know where to start with this really so.... The main complaint is that the food in all venues wasn't hot enough I did complain and sent my food back on a couple of occasions but even then it wasn't any warmer and being typically British didn't send it back a second time (I know I should have) having sailed with Thomson and many other cruise companies again I was disappointed to have to pay if we wanted a plain steak in the 7 seas or 4 seasons this was always offered as a free option and still is with other cruise companies.... That said we were quite happy with the main selection of food we certainly didn't go hungry.

The drink: We were all inclusive so did have a selection included to choose from but found it quite strange that some liqueurs are included but the vast majority are not 'why' what is the reasoning most are the same price to purchase in their own duty free shop, I think with the spirits it's fair to say you can have 1 type of any of the main spirits and if you want a particular brand then you pay a supplement, I'm not quite sure what the whole reasoning is behind the drinks menu but like I said there is enough to go at without going thirsty. People complain the bottled water isn't included but you can get purified water by the glass from any bar for free, so what is there to complain about.

The staff: We found a lot of the staff on board this time to be Eastern Europeans and not Philippine's, Eastern Europeans are renowned for being abrupt and quite rude and we, and others found this to be true.

Then finally we did have an outbreak of the virus we and many others were not affected, the ship took immediate steps to eradicate it including fogging(apparently this means fumigating) the restaurants and all the main bars and seating areas but I'm sure you will get reviews from other passengers stating how bad this was and how someone even died, and yes they did but they passed away from a heart attack although this wasn't confirmed to any passengers, someone in a cabin near to the place of death said some old chap had a coughing and sickness attack through the virus which brought on the heart attack, on our last day Friday 27/12 other passengers were saying there were in fact 3 deaths on board again non of this was confirmed, also on our last day there was plenty of cordoned off areas and toilets out of use where people had been sick remember people die all the time...

Having said all this I have to say we had a great time but for us the standards have dropped too much and I don't think we will be giving Thomson cruises our business again, it's a shame because we have cruised with Thomson countless times, but as I said there standards have dropped too much this time.

by Wilkie

Excellant in all ways

"We have just returned from a 1 week cruise on the Majesty sailing from Santa Cruz in Terrine around the Canary Islands. We have previously cruised on the Celebration and the Spirit so we knew what we were expecting from Thomson. WE have also sailed on NCL, Royal Caribbean and Carnival so experienced cruisers!

We were dreading this cruise following the awful reviews on this website and others. However we needn't have worried this cruise was superb in every way and equally the same standard as the other Thomson ships.

Firstly the food is HOT and I'm told they have now changed their chef so the food served was excellent.

The ship is kept immaculately clean and tidy and the staff work very hard to ensure it stays that way.

Our only negative and agreement with the other negative reviews is the size of the standard inside cabin. It was too small and disappointing but we now know we can upgrade to an inside plus cabin for a small charge so will do that next time. We had a problem with our shower water temperature, it was sorted immediately.

The entertainment was very good and again the same standard as the other ships.

The gym is small but functional and equipment is very good.

We also had the all inclusive drinks package and this was excellent value.

All in all this cruise was fantastic and all I will say is we certainly did not have the same experience as other reviewers, weather this is because it is a different travel schedule and crew I'm not sure but we cant wait

to cruise again in March.

• Holiday details: Dec 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Ignore all the previous negative reviews and go with an open mind!
by EKR2014

Adriatic Cruise

"The cruise itself was excellent and so were most of the excursions but be warned that Thomson will mislead you on the Venice excursion. If the ship docks in Choggia it is a one and half hour transfer to Venice which takes three hours out of the excursion, Thomson calls this a short hop! which makes this excursion a waste of money!"

by Carol Y

Worst ship ever!

"Been on every Thomsons ship and Thomson Majesty has been the worst by far. The cabins were dirty and smelly. We enjoyed the food in the restaurant but the food in the self-service was appalling! The entertainment was very good. My family sent a celebration package for my 70th birthday and it all went wrong! (Thank you for making a mess of it Richard!) We stayed in cabin 370, holiday from the 17th October 2014- 30th October 2014.

We will never go on a Thomson ship again!

by Preston1234

no more thomson cruise for us

"Been on all Thomson cruise ships this is the worse old ship we been on the cabins was dirty and smelly, staff not helpful restaurant was good but self-service buffet restaurant rubbish. entertainment was very good. gym was like a little cabin ( rubbish)my family sent celebration package for my 70th birthday witch all went wrong ? ( thank you Richard )the only good thing about this cruise was the places we went to. Adriatic explorer 17th October 2014 cabin 370 never again Thomson."

by Preston1234

FAB MAJESTY

"Thumbs up Majesty 3rd oct to 17th oct 2014

Just returned from the Majesty:

Absolutely great cruise, really struggle to find any negatives.

review as follows

Cabin 428: Perfect (see Cruisin Linda was next door our week two). Plenty of room and looked after by the housekeeping team Joceryn/Margo.

The team: good to see some well known faces. Rose (know you now have link to the forum so safe journey home in November (see you next year) (from your friends from Scotland (Molly will miss helping you in Roundevouz)), Achuii, Brian (now promoted and heading home in two weeks, but back next year), JD (starman), Grace, Jun, Susu, Chen, Melvin and the boys in the bar of roundevouz you all made our holiday extra special. Delboy/Bien in Seven Seas, Leroy for getting us at table each evening and Matu who went the extra mile in Cafe Royale.

Restaurant: Seven Seas really good (we ate there most evenings, only one night we had an issue and Delboy/Bien fixed us out. Wine water Raymond made sure we were well topped up. House wines fine. San Marco has made a big difference (still could be slightly hotter). Cafe Royale also much better.

Bar: Further to earlier post (its not Mythos or San Miguel (although they use the tumblers branded by San Miguel). Lager is Magnos Majiester (its drinkable but better in a Glass tumbler), all branded spirits good and you now get glass of soft drinks. If you want a good brand of tonic ask for slimline its Schweppes. Not problem getting served.

Entertainment: Best yet, Muzzik Unlimited absolutely fabulous. Rhythm of three also very good. show team also excellent. Our little girl went to stage school, great value (£35 for almost 7 hours). Big thanks to the girls in kids club, who made our little girls holiday special.

Ship: Well maintained, kept very clean and tidy and have to say struggle to see how folks have any complaints.

Ports of call good and weather was exceptional. Booked for next year, be interesting seeing Albania. Also will be interested in how the slots work for Venice next year. (Ship not docking there this week, everyone getting bused into Venice and that means no sail away down Grand Canal. Not as much hassle in Kusadasi as its starting to get ready for winter (was much easier to haggle).

• Holiday details: Oct 2014
  • Advice: DECK FOUR GOOD FOR CABIN IN CENTER 428
by FIFE1

Very picturesque cruise

"Just back from Adriatic cruise on Thomson Majesty. Loved every bit of this cruise from start to finish. All the staff on the ship work very hard to keep it clean , bar staff in the Polo lounge are great fun. Food was okay not as good as on the Spirit ship, but having said that everything was hot well presented and enjoyable. There were photographers everywhere, but that's up to you if I you want to buy them. What I would say is that on this Adriatic Explorer it would be best to gate a cabin with window, as sights in the early morning are exceptional.

Go and enjoy it's fab.

• Holiday details: Oct 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Book middle floors outside cabins plus.
  • Good For: , City Breaks
by Vivento

Worst cruise ever

"We have been on cruises with Thomson before on both the Celebration & the Spirit, and have really enjoyed both ships, but the Thomson Majesty was the worst ship we have had the unfortunate experience of being on.This ship is supposed to have had a refurbishment- where?. We booked a deluxe cabin on deck 6, the cabin was disgusting, drawer fronts did not fit or close properly , air con broken, could not turn off and it was really cold all night, sink had been painted but it peeled off when my husband had a wash or shave, not very nice., but to top it all we did not have any hot water for 3 days so had to boil the tiny kettle to have a wash, could not have a shower. It took 4 Days to sort out, we were only on it for a week thank god. Strong smell of sewage in corridor on way to our cabin also. Food lukewarm and badly cooked.

Thomson should really listen to the complaints from it's customers because without them your ships would be empty, after all we have first class experience of our complaints and expect a lot higher standard from such a company.

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Better maintenance
by J Taylor

Another fabulous cruise on the Majesty.

"After returning from our cruise in June this year we decided to book again for the year after...however we ended up booking for two months later and we have recently returned from cruise number two on the majesty and yet again we were not disappointed.

As per the last time our transition from the flight to our cabin was seamless, our bags were first off the plane so we were off onto the coach to the ship. Check-in was quick and easy. Make sure you are photograph ready as soon as you've checked in photograph time (whether you want it or not).

On our previous cruise we were in room 907 which was a lovely spacious suite. This time were were in cabin 4056, an inside plus cabin. The cabin was kept perfectly clean by Anna and Nouby our housekeepers who were lovely. I stayed in the room with my parents and we all agreed that it was too small for three adults.

The entertainment on the ship was poor and and very cheap looking, however the staff talent show was fabulous and must be watched. We were supporting our the brilliant JD.

The food this time was not as good but still lovely, for breakfast and lunch we ate at cafe royal as the atmosphere was much more relaxed however at evenings we ate at Seven Seas. We had the same table reserved for us every night by our brilliant waiters Amro and Mohammed. All week they looked after us and made sure my dad was catered for as he has a gluten intolerance. We can not thank them enough for the fabulous service they provided and thank you to Raymond our wine waiter!

After dinner we always resided on deck 10, the atmosphere up there at night is very relaxed and its a good place to make friends. Our experience was made better by Aya a waitress on top deck and JD the bartender at the pool bar, both Aya and JD are hilarious and provided us with entertainment every night.

JD is a fabulous magician!

The excursions provided by Thom sons are expensive and seemed to be rushed I would not recommend going on them.

Our itinerary was Aegean Classics we visited some lovely places with Athens and Bodrum being the best.

We had a taxi tour around Athens which we organized ourselves - well worth it! We had an amazing day!

Due to the time of our visit there were lots of children on the ship but by evening most children had gone to bed.

We really enjoyed our holiday on the Majesty - yes the ship is looking tired but if you can see past this then I'm sure you will have a fabulous time.

• Holiday details: Aug 2014
  • Advice: Savour every moment and do your own trips!
by cruiser9320

adriatic explorer

"We gave 10/10 for this ship last year and felt very let down this year!the ship was out of commission for 3 months earlier this year for refurbishment.

We had an outside plus cabin on deck 6.We had diesel fumes coming into the cabin through the air con.After arguing the toss with at least 4 crew members it was eventually fixed! I don't know if any other passengers on deck six had the same problem- but it needs sorting!!! Diesel fumes are toxic, and Thomson you will have fatalities!! my wife and son are both asthmatic, so it was not very nice for them.Also the cabins were done out??? All the mattresses on the bunks were a foot too short-no kidding

Tea/coffee makers in cabin-you had to pay £1.90 for your water! the piazza restaurant was enclosed-very nice- except all

the chairs were designed for midgets. I'm 5-10" and I had a job getting up and down.The guides on the trips think you are all teenagers and rush you round so you cannot enjoy the sights for fear of losing your group. All the guides say "we will have a nice easy walk" Well I'm not used to marching especially in 35-37 degree heat!On the plus side the crew members from last year were fantastic-not so the new ones.WE do not like having plates/cups taken away whilst still dining!Also we do not think half of them spoke English.WE thought the Postojna caves were brilliant-though the castle is only a photo stop-very scenic. We would all do this one again-been in caves before,never like this marvelous!!!Plitvice lakes is another wonder- but again rushed.Venice was ruined by arguments over the gondolas.The guide left us and we got lost-forgot to pick up a map on ship.We had a nice easy trip to Konavle a water mill in the woods and mountains.Made sure we bought some local wine.Montenegro-what can you say? the whole ship must have got up early to film/photograph the fjord-really,really worth it.All the Slavic people are very nice and all speak English.The scenery on this trip made up for some of the downs.If I were a schoolmaster I would put Thomson must do better-in fact CAN do better!

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Forgot to mention the shows were excellent.
by Robert T

Terrible cruise

"After two lovely cruises on the Dream and Celebration this one was awful. Check in was a shambles and the girl who showed us to our cabin was surly and unwelcoming. The cabin was like a prison cell. The shower didn't work and was reported. It took four days before anything was done. The cabin smell of diesel as did the decks.the staff were very unfriendly apart from the ones from the Philippines. One waiter was down right rude, it was reported but nothing done about it. The food quality was very poor and lukewarm. The decor was shabby and the seating uncomfortable. The atmosphere on board was negative and unfriendly. But.. the entertainment team did a fantastic job. The housekeeping staff kept the cabins immaculate but you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear! I would not advise anyone to holiday on this ship. Get everyone off and then sink it because the bottom of the ocean is the best place for this wreck."

• Holiday details: Aug 2014
  • Advice: avoid at all costs
by Mrs. Jackson

Food: 8/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Need a hotel before or after your Thomson Majesty cruise?

Check out these recommendations in ports for upcoming itineraries

Do you own Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship?

Stayed on Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship? Share your insight.