Coila Guest House

Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Coila Guest House

Enter your dates:

Really lovely stay by H_Cobb

We only stayed for one night, but found Coila Guest House to be a lovely, comfortable, friendly place that we would highly recommend.

It is really central - literally on the A70 if driving, and less than 5 mins walk from the station if in the train. In fact it is on the edge of a busy double roundabout, and when we first arrived we were worried the traffic would really bother us. As it was we had nothing to worry about - we were in a room at the back and couldn't hear the traffic at all, even with the window open.

The room was clean, the towels were fluffy, and the bed was really comfy. The ensuite bathroom was also really clean and the shower was great!

Hazel, the owner, was very approachable and kindly pointed us in the direction of places to eat in the evening, and also kindly accommodated our relatively fussy cooked breakfast requests in the morning!

Breakfast was fab - lots of fresh fruit, home made muffins and the usual cereals and cooked stuff too. Smashing!

All in all a great place with a lovely, homely atmosphere - as the other reviews say, it really was a home from home.

Home from Home by asteele159

Over the last 12-15 years we have stayed at the Coila Guest House at least 3 times per year.

In pursuit of our hobbies of Golf and Horse Racing we have stayed in an assortment of Guest Houses throughout Scotland and the North of England.The Coila is the best.

This is not only our opinion as other guests we meet at Coila all are of the same opinion.

Home from home by TrevorNorway

Coila is quite simply a ` home from home `. My wife and I stay there whenever we are in Ayr. Hazel and Charlie are the perfect hosts and friendliness, cleanliness and top service are everyday cost. Bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. Perfect for relaxing after a long day. Beds are large and comfortable, plus the rooms have televisions you can actually see in comfort. There is a great selection of tea, coffee, biscuits, sweets and mineral water.

Coila is located only minutes from the railway station and town centre, which is a big plus for us.

There is a very good selection for breakfast, including home made scones and cakes.

Always a kind word at Coila, always time for assistance, always time for a laugh and a joke. Recommended.

Simply the best by dasmoray

I have been staying regularly at Coila for almost 5 years having been lucky enough to find it on the web on my first business visit to the local hospital. Dec was my first stay for over a year and the standard was as high as ever in addition to the continued investment the owners make in the facilities such as Freeview TV and free WiFi.

I travel throughout Scotland on a weekly basis and this is not the best Guest House in Ayr its the best I have found in the country!

Fortunately in 2008 I'll be spending more time working in Ayrshire and look forward to enjoying the warm welcome and excellent accomodation in the year ahead.

The Little Gem in the Heart of Ayr by MaxBlackpool

What a superb little guesthouse right in the heart of Ayr.

From the intial warm welcome from the Steeles right through until checkout we had a really top notch experience, with large, clean and comfortable bedrooms and first class breakfasts with freshly cooked good quality "full Scottish" available and plenty of fresh fruit for the more healthy options.

My wife and I would totally recommend Coila if you are looking for a good base to explore Ayr and its environs

Home from Home by 50Montrose

This is a gem of a guest house, offering all that is best in Scottish hospitality. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, stemming from the friendly owners, the Steeles, who know what their guests want. Good sized rooms with comfy beds; clean ensuite bathrooms; and great breakfasts to suit all tastes, from home made fresh fruit salad to a super full Scottish breakfast.

It has good off road parking; it is two minutes walk from the train station and five from the town centre. It's easy to reach Prestwick airport and there is much to see and do in the surrounding area, including great golf at a number of courses.

My wife and I have stayed here several times over the past few years and we will be back again. It's home from home!

Friendly, wonderful breakfast by EdinburghTom

My wife & I stayed at Coila for 2 nights just before Christmas. Throughout our stay the owners, Hazel and Charlie, made us feel very welcome and provided us with valuable information on local attactions and different places to eat.

Our room was large, warm and comfortable and the breakfasts were just wonderful - fresh fruit salad, home made muffins and scrambled eggs with salmon! Such a treat to find a guest house offering breakfasts of this quality.

The free internet conection also came in very handy and worked perfectly.

Coila is an excellent B&B and we will definitely be back.

Warm & Friendly by Sarathetraveller

Highly recommend this clean, friendly B&B for a visit to a quaint seaside town in Scotland. Minutes from Prestwick Airport this fantastic B&B is owned and operated by a wonderfully, lovely couple who give excellent advice and enjoy travelling as much as their customers. Don't miss a great opportunity to experience the Scottish culture at its best. The bed was comfortable, the ensuite bath was clean and the non-smoking room was great. Breakfast was a traditional hot breakfast.

Highly recommend this for a nice weekend away or as the beginning or end of your trip. Conveniently located 2 minutes walk from train station.

Read 42 additional reviews of Coila Guest House

Stayed at Coila Guest House? Share your insight.

Map for Coila Guest House Closest airport: Glasgow Prestwick International (PIK) 3.7 miles