Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa

Room: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa

Enter your dates:

Great hotel, great spa, great service! by BigWinner

My girlfriend and I visited Bicester Hotel and County club last weekend and really enjoyed it. We travel quite a bit and found this to be one of the best hotel/spas that we have visited. it was great value too. It was my girlfriend's birthday and when I told the reception this, they upgraded us to a superior room at no extra cost. The service was excellent and the friendly staff really made our stay very enjoyable. The spa facilities are free to staying gusts and was a perfect way to start our day after breakfast. The purpose of our trip was to have a shopping day in the Bicister Village and when we asked directions from the front desk at the hotel, then were pleased to offer us VIP shopping vouchers, that gets you 10% off at nearly alll of the stores. Over all this was a very enjoyable stay, we will recommend it to our friends and family and we will definitely be back!!

Management response from BicesterHotel, 10 Aug 2009

Thank you for your great feedback following your stay at Bicester Country Club in June, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind Regards

Relaxing and clean. by pearlsnail

The room was reduced as we were attending a friends wedding. It was in a new wing around the courtyard. The room was spacious and very clean (maybe because it was so new?) with an enormous bed and great pillows, with views of the golf course.

I did note that some of the courtyard garden was not quite finished but this didn't affect our stay.

The food was excellent but more waiting staff would have helped with the service.

Even with another wedding on the premises it never felt crowded.

The only issue was with the noisy mowing of the golf course very early in the morning !

Management response from BicesterHotel, 10 Aug 2009

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Bicester Country Club in June. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to enjoy a room looking into the now completed courtyard so as not to be disturbed by the mowers; unfortunately with the great British summer we have to take advantage of every dry moment for keeping the course trimmed and we apologise on behalf of the greenkeepers for the disturbance! Kind Regards

Glorified travel inn, lacking in service by Jasmine053

This country hotel claims to be a spa hotel, however the facilities are quite basic. The price of a deluxe room (£120.00) includes breakfast and dinner, and surprisingly the quality of food is good. The hotel has no atmosphere, there is no conceirge service and it is packed to the rafters with guests taking advantage of the special cheap weekend rates. The first thing you see on entering the hotel reception is a huge display of cans containing fitness protein powder- available to purchase for the gym/spa use: not very classy.

Management response from BicesterHotel, 10 Aug 2009

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Bicester Country Club in May. I am delighted to inform you that we are currently working to improve the aesthetic appeal of the display at reception to encompass all areas of the club and be suitable for all and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to see this. Kind Regards

Peaceful, relaxing - would definitely visit again by CharityGal

My husband and I stayed for 1 night at Bicester Country Club for having found an amazing last minute deal of £74.50 for a luxury room (B&B) on laterooms.com. As with another reviewer on this site, we were 1st shown to a lovely room, but unfortunately found it was overlooking some sort of giant calor gas cylinders/mechanical plant! So this is obviously the room they save for people who on on cheap deals. Perhaps they should just plant a hedge around those cylinders!

HOWEVER, we went to complain, and after a half an hour wait, the extremely helpful receptionist had another room cleaned for us, and we moved into a gorgeous, large, light and bright luxury room with a patio window onto our own little terrace in the courtyard.

During our wait for a room change we had a nice sandwich and drinks from the sports bar, sitting in the garden overlooking the golf course.

My husband was admiring the beautifully landscaped golf course, and called the golf club and asked if they hired out clubs, which they did, and shoes, which they didn't unfortunately. When we go again he will definitely remember his own! So we spent a couple of ours in the spa. They have a lovely indoor, decent sized pool, over looking gardens, a sauna, steam room, different kinds of jet showers, a large jacuzzi and a funky hydrojet spa which was enormous and we spent ages soaking in, getting a water massage. We enjoyed relaxing there so much we went back in for another hour the next morning before we checked out. We didn't use the gym... we just wanted to relax!

We went into Oxford in the evening for dinner - just 15/20 minutes drive away. It was lovely coming back to the hotel later that evening - the countryside around the hotel is so peaceful. Once in the room, you can't hear a thing. The quiet, along with the enormous, more than king size bed made for a fabulous nights sleep for both of us.

As well as the enormous bed, the luxury rooms, which I believe are £150 normally, have two arm chairs and coffee table, a desk and chair, wardrobe, drawers, good and plentiful coffee making facilities, wifi facilities and a large tv. The bathroom was beautifully fitted out - very modern, and a great power shower. The room was decorated in a light bright and modern style, and everything was spotlessly clean.

We were very surprised when we went for breakfast the next morning and found the restaurant so busy - as we had hardly heard or seen a person around the day before! The choices for breakfast were great - cereals, fruit, pastries, toast, ham and cheese, jams, and anything you want (full English, bacon sandwich, egg on toast etc) cooked to order. They even provided black pudding for my husband, who asked for it specially as it wasn't mentioned on the menu.

In spite of our first experience on arrival, we had such a relaxing stay at Bicester country club, we would definitely go again, and recommend it to our friends and family. It felt like a bit of luxury, and very peaceful.

Downsides - the gas cyclinder! And the golf shop should hire out shoes.

Upsides - huge comfy bed, great pool/spa facilities, lovely quiet location, helpful staff

Management response from BicesterHotel, 10 Aug 2009

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Bicester Country Club in May. Further to your comments we are now looking into ways of screening the unfortunate necessity of the gas tanks and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to enjoy our facilities with a better view! I also hope that your husband remembers his golf shoes and tries out our brilliant course, although he's not the first to forget so I have suggested to the golf shop that this is a service we should provide. Kind Regards

lovely stop off location by leesa17

Stayed one night bank holiday weekend and was very impressed with the quality of the room, nice gym and spa too, would stay again.

Management response from BicesterHotel, 10 Aug 2009

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind Regards

Spontaneous booking - well worth it! by CAJLondon

We stayed here for one night, checked in at around 5pm as we didn't feel like a long drive back home to Kent after a day out in the area. The hotel is convenient to Woodstock (15 mins away) for Blenheim Palace and to Bicester Village for some great shopping.

We booked through laterooms.com - standard rooms @ £65 or luxury rooms @ £80. A big discount, as I understand it. So we booked a luxury room - then discovered we had a nice view of some great big Color Gas tanks! We asked if we could be moved to a room with a better view - none were to be had - so they discounted the room (without being asked) to the standard room cost.

The room was a very good size - the bed was massive and very comfortable - the bathroom was also a decent size. As the hotel was almost brand new, the decor was very fresh, muted but modern. Flat screen TV in the room with Freeview - my partner said it should have been bigger as the room really lent itself to a nice big TV - but that was just an observation, not really a gripe. The furniture was good quality.

There were some nice touches in the room - such as Douwe Egberts coffee rather than the usual Nescafe or Kenco. However, there were also some things that were missing - nothing to read (local magazines, for example), no shower gel (though there was shampoo and conditioner).

The brasserie was OK for dinner - nothing special, but then that was really the second, casual restaurant. The fine dining restaurant was closed for a function.

The sports bar was OK too - four large screens for sports fans, all new again, drink of OK quality but only one bitter on offer - Bass - which is a bit sad really.

The staff were lovely.

All in all, for a country club with these facilities (golf course, spa, indoor pool. health club, two restaurants and a bar) and at this location the price was really very good. We'd definitely return.

Management response from BicesterHotel, 10 Aug 2009

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Bicester Country Club in May. I can't promise we will be installing larger TVs in the immeadiate future but will pass you other comments onto the relevant departments to be improved! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future Kind Regards

Great find - don't tell anyone! by A TripAdvisor Member

Found an incredible rate (£65 incl VAT) and decided to break a journey here, plus I needed to get away from some noisy neighbours. Anyway, after my satnav getting me lost I found it (follow signs for Bicester golf club from Chesterton village, just off J9, M40) and a very restful, peaceful night ensued. The hotel bit is very new (still got that new carpet smell) with tasteful, contemporary furnishings, excellent bathrooms - great power shower - and good beds/linens. Immaculately clean. There is aircon and a huge flatscreen TV with freeview channels, ample storage space and free wifi /fast broadband which works first time!

Best of all it was blissfully quiet - so much so I began to wonder if I was the only one there. Breakfast next am confirmed I was not though. Despite having several neighbours I heard not a peep.

The only downside was that it was hard to get Reception on the phone (they seem to handle enquries about membership, the spa, golf etc.as well, so maybe they need to sort this out.) Dining options were limited - the Brasserie was shut(!) on a Sat night and the more formal restaurant (Gray's I think) looked a bit OTT for my needs - lots of black tie diners arriving and celebration dinners. Not quite the pie and a pint I envisaged...

Breakfast was in the brasserie and served till a civilised 11am (on Sun). I rather liked the menu options - mix of buffet and cooked to order. Tea and coffee refills forthcoming and service generally warm and efficient. All the food seemed reasonably priced and cooked/presented well. Fairly limited menu however.

Overall I really liked this place - at the moment it seems to be establishing itself which maybe explains the bargain rates. As word gets round these will no doubt harden. The landscaping btw seems complete and is attractive. Ask for a golf view room to guarantee peacefulness, some rooms with patios overlook an outdoor space for the Brasserie - though of course this may be shut.

I did not get time to try the spa but hopefully I'll be able to make use of it on a return trip.

Management response from BicesterHotel, 10 Aug 2009

Thank you for your feedback to your stay at Bicester Country Club in April, since your visit we have greatly improved the offering of food throughout the day to suit the requirements of our range of guests. A lounge bar menu is now served daily from 11-9pm in both Grays Lounge and the Sports Bar and a Menu du Jour is available from 6-9pm in Grays Restaurant (smart casual dress code). We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind Regards

Great Hotel by 38anchor

Just spent one night here, again choosing the hotel because it is so close to Bicester Shopping Village.

Booked online direct with the hotel in a Superior Room. Also booked via email with the hotel a Spa treatment for the evening of our stay.

Checked in earlier than expected and was pleased to find room ready. Nice and spacious and obviously quite new. Thought the design of both the rooms and the hotel in general was very good - looks like a lot of money had been spent as everything seemed good quality.

Room contained LCD TV with on demand digital TV and full tea/coffee facilities. There were no bathrobes and this is the only thing I can think of negative to say about the room.

The Spa treatment I had (hot stone massage) was excellent and I found the spa area to be beautifully appointed, and the staff very friendly.

We also used the pool and again was impressed with the design and finish. The pool was large enough to do laps and there was a huge hot tun (big enough to swim in), as well as another smaller pool with jets and cascading water jets. There was also a sauna and steam room.

Only negative here was in order to use the pool area, you had to check in with reception and they would 'buzz' you through and give you towels. Not a major problem, but when we went Reception was very busy and had to wait to be seen.

Decided on room service for dinner, and although not an extensive selection the food was very moderately priced.

Overall, we were very impressed with the hotel and would definitely come and stay again.

Management response from BicesterHotel, 10 Aug 2009

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Bicester Country Club in April. Since your visit both the room service and lounge bar and restaurant menus have been altered to suit the requirements of our customers and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to sample these. Kind Regards

Relaxing one night stay by Janemm7

I chose Bicester Country Club for it's proximity to Bicester Shopping Village. My daughter and I wanted a night away with a bit of pampering! There was a good choice of treatments available in the beauty spa. The pool area and gym were good too. The beds were very confortable and the pillows superb! We enjoyed an evening meal in Gray's restaurant and the breakfast was very good quality - with good coffee.

Management response from BicesterHotel, 10 Aug 2009

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Bicester Country Club in April 2009. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future Kind Regards

Perfect for a relaxing break by slateykater

Just spent a most enjoyable 2 night stay at the Bicester Country Club. The facilities are first class, with particular note for the pool area and facilities (i recommend that you try the hydrospa!) On arrival the check in staff couldnt have been more helpful, even taking us up to the room personally.

The complex is nearing completion with just the landscaping left to finish. The rooms are decorated in a contempoary style (we avoid chintz like the plague!) and were quiet and clean.

Breakfast was fantastic without being too big with a good choice of continental and english options.

Would reccomend this place, especially if you are planning a wedding!

Management response from BicesterHotel, 10 Aug 2009

Thank you for your positive comments following your stay at Bicester Country Club in March 2009, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to enjoy our hospitality Kind Regards

Read 172 additional reviews of Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa

Stayed at Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa? Share your insight.

Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa also called

• bicester country hotel
  • bicester country resort
  • Address: Akeman Street Bicester, Bicester OX26 1TE, United Kingdom

Map for Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa Closest airport: London Heathrow (LHR) 42.9 miles