Hersonissos Palace Hotel

Food: 6.5/10
Value: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hersonissos Palace Hotel

1 2 3 »
Terrible awful Dump unfriendly. Warning Not even 1 Star. Worst hotel in the world

"This is the worst hotel i ever been to in my life. Its awful, terrible tasteless food, dirty, boring, rude managers and manageress, rip off and not even worth 1 star. All negative comments are correct and valid so do not ignore. If you want to be disappointed and have a terrible holiday from hell go to this place.

Accommodation: Website states the hotel is 5 star but when I arrived it was merely 1 star accommodation. Unlike the photos on your website, the rooms was in terrible state with very dirty smell of sewage. The twin bed was 2 single beds attached together and the was very hard and end up with backache and neck ache. The TV was a small PC with only 1 blurry English channel and everything else was either German or Russian. The air con was very noisy and mal functions. The toilet seat was broken. the walls were not sound proof and could hear all noise other guests made in the middle of the night. The showers and sink were awful and dirty and far below 2 star standards and I wouldn't even rate this a 1 star. Rating this accommodation as a 5 star is a joke and an insult

All inclusive: There was no All inclusive option so it was a lie. They charge 1.50 euro for espresso coffee, they charge for water and other drinks. They charge 2.50 euros for proper orange juice!!! the only free drinks available are the cheap orange diluted quash and cheap Beer that tastes like animal urine. They also charge for all drinks after 23:00. there was no snacks free during the day unlike other inclusive hotels I have been to. you have to pay for everything there. They also charge for Greek night 15 euros per person which includes food you have to pay for almost everything there from playing pool to ice cream to small snacks....After paying all the money for the holiday, I also had to pay extra for the drinks and eating out and entertainment

Food: The food was awful, cold and terrible and the same from previous night. It looks like cats food even the friendly waiters said they would not eat it. very repetitive and cheap quality. They charge 15 euros for Greek night food. Never been to an inclusive holiday in Greece where you have to pay for Greek food. Is this a joke? only had breakfast once as it was awful and was almost sick after eating the food there

Swimming Pool: The pools are very small and dirty and cats drinking from it all day, not hygienic and is never clean. They closed the pool at 15:30 so they can organized the Greek night and charge us 15 euro to eat there

Health and safety: The views were of garbage with cats everywhere. The lift was very dangerous and the main door can be open while the lift in motion so had to use the stairs instead. Cock roaches in the corridor of a 5 star hotel??

Transfer: The coach dropped us at the top of the street and had to walk in a dark alleyway to the hotel and when we got there was no clear sign for reception and had to carry our luggage upstairs to the reception with no help or directions

Staff: The staff and in particular manageress of the hotel was very rude, aggressive and unhelpful when we approached and complained about the hotel and when we requested a change of room or hotel we were ignored. We asked them to fix the broken toilet seat and air con 3 times but we were ignored.

Free WiFi: There was no free WiFi. It was broken all week and no one had access to internet there. The PCs also had an out of order sign all week

TV at the lounge: The TV was broken at the lounge and we could not watch any football match as even the TV in the room was broken. We had to go to a nearby bar and buy drinks in order to watch football

Entertainment: there was none and the only one was the Greek night which you had to pay 15 Euros to watch

so avoid and do not go there otherwise you will be very disappointed by this dump place

• Holiday details: Jun 2014
  • Advice: Do not go to this hotel. Its a scam and a con
by hm9

This hotel had so many complaints - would not recommend

"Although advertised as a 5star hotel, my husband & I were not expecting the usual 5 star facilities (Crete ratings are a little generous) but we were so disappointed with this hotel. On arrival we were told they had overbooked our room & were 'upgrading' us to another hotel for a few nights & would give us a nice room upon our return. The upgrade hotel was wonderful but some distance out of the centre making things more difficult. However, we were lucky compared to a lot of other 'overbooked' guests who were crammed into annex accommodation or just left out of frustration. We had never encountered so many people complaining at a hotel reception desk on a daily basis. Staff were totally unsympathetic & disinterested. I was told by a receptionist that Greek law allows hotels to overbook by 15% providing the overbooked guests are given an upgraded hotel, but it doesn't have to be close by!! - not sure if this is true but it was one of many statements given to guests complaining. The rooms are generally appalling & the food very much appeals to a Russian or German palate. Hardly any Greek/Crete food on offer. It appeared to attract a vast number of people who enjoyed the all inclusive bar facilities to the extent of being 'legless'. Every night people were drunk & causing a lot of aggrevation & intimidation. We only spent 4 nights there as we were at the upgraded hotel for the rest of the time. Hersonissos is a good holiday place & this hotel is in a great location, despite all the rubbish, derelict buildings & cats surrounding it. Would never go back here though, if ours was a considered a nice room, heavens knows what the other rooms were like. The only area that was decent was the reception & internal restaurant area. Main pool is small."

• Holiday details: Oct 2012
  • Advice: Book into another hotel. There are some nice ones nearby
by Benro

they said we have not paid.

"We arrived at midnight with 6 children. coach driver had dropped us off and told us to keep walking straight ahead and we will see our hotel.It was dark and frighting for the children as we did not know where to go it took us 25 min to find our hotel.we had walked passed it 4 times and could not see the HERSONISSO PALACE HOTEL was so tiny for a big hotel like that. The food is amazing as well as the help and the fact that the staff was so polite to my family and my self i would defo come back soon!!"

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Shopping and soking up the sun
by kam

Our visit to Crete.....Hersonissos Palace Hotel

"My wife & I have just returned from Crete/Hersonossis Palace Hotel;Oct.2011.

The Hotel is listed as 5 star....I would say 3/4 star.

Transfer from Heraklion Airport is about 15 minutes by taxi.

Location...for Hersonossis--not bad; fairly close to beach/amenities.

We were all-inclusive.The food was good & varied; the restaurant staff were hard working/helpful/good fun; the bar was beside the main external pool & drinks were as per the itinery (one bar-man was a 'jobs-worth' type---him not much fun either, but rest of staff were generally good).

There are 3 pools (1 internal 2 external)+ gym/fitness room/games area etc.

Our room was quite good...clean/air con./balcony/towels changed each day/TV/safe-box@25Euro/overlooking pool/not noisy.

Mid October is near end-of-season, so I can only judge from this time of year.It did rain a couple of times but soon dries up--to continue the quest for an autumn sun tan.

We hired a small car for 5 days which cost approx 150-Euro all-inclusive/fully insured & enjoyed the varied trips to other island areas (some roads are not surfaced & mountainous so drive carefully)

All-in-all we liked it & it was within expectations & enjoyed meeting the varied nationality co-guests.

PS if you like fur coats there are plenty of shops selling these in Hersonissos...but why?

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Lowcostholidays
  • Advice: Enjoy the facilities & food/drink & avoid the one miserable bar-man
by sunwin

Promo-rooms - you could be placed anywhere

"Just back from a great holiday in Hersonnissos.

I'll provide a fair and accurate assessment of the hotel as it's my intention to inform other people and not distort the truth and to let you know i'm not in the business destroying reputations.

I had read the reviews before we arrived and was determined to make the best of any conditions. We had double-checked with our travel agent who assured us that we would be in the main hotel. We arrived and were taken to the other part of the hotel 100 yards down the road.

The room: Fair size. Very tidy and clean. No double bed, 2 single beds. View of rubble and rubbish bins. Weak pressure shower.

Not what we'd originally been sold. Went straight to the manager. She explained that promo-rooms are sold to the intermediary companies for the travel agents and are allocated at their discretion so you could end up with a big room/small room sea-view/rubble view, two beds instead of a double.

The manager talks but doesn't listen very much. Although she was extremely helpful. We were told we could choose another room or upgrade for a n extra 50 Euro. We choose a different room with double bed, it was smaller but we at least got a cozy double bed.

The staff : extremely helpful and smiley. Definitely great examples of good service.

The food: good selection, not much meat, plenty of salad and desserts.

All inclusive: 4 cocktails (strong), local beer, rum, vodka, few others. Ice-creams for young kids between 3-4 in the afternoon. No bar snacks allowed.

Location: excellent. quiet but near the main strip of bars, shops and restaurants around the corner. Beach, actually better than the photos look just minutes away.

All in all, a nice 2/3 star (UK) hotel. Don't take kids. Take plenty of sun cream as it was in the 30's/40's, not 20-30 degrees as the average suggests. Enjoy. We loved it here :-)

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by Jim Jones

Good Location for Outside Malia!

"I stayed here in June 2010 last year and upon Arrival I must say i didn't think much. The recepetion does look quite promising however the walk up to the room were quite dauntin! The room didnt really look anything like the pictures, but it was clean enough which is all i could ask for.

Staff - The gentleman on reception got me and my friend a snack as soon as we got there which was lovely of him, and generally the staff we very nice.

Location - I think the location is fab. 5 minutes walk to the strip, bars and restuarant and main high street for the shops. 2 minute walk to the beach. So very good location.

Malia - Anyone who is looking to go to Malia from here. Be warned it is about a 20min quad ride away. Which me and my friend did for most of the week. The cabs just rip you off. We didn't really go out in Hersonissos but the music was maly techno, dance etc. So we went into Malia for the Funky House, Rnb, Hip Hop and the Bashment. But for pre Malia drinks the bars are okay...but i found Malia to be much more entertaining for us personally.

Prices - I did find it to be quite cheap over there.

Food - Very poor in the hotel. Didnt really enjoy much of the food at all.

Overall our first impressions weren't great however in the end we quite liked it. We enjoyed being away from all the hype of Malia and there was a mixture of age groups here. Not just Youngers.

by Free1986

The time of my life

"Roll on may 26th 2011

this is my 5th visit to this mint hotel

food lovely

staff friendly

amazing place with amazing management

what more can i say

youve just got to go there and experience it for yourself

trust me

big kisses for fortini

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Drink until you drop
by WE LOVE IT

wonderful hotel

"The hotel is superbly located less than 5 mins walk from sandy beaches and close to centre of town and all amenities. The staff are all friendly and professional. The hotel is extremely clean with beautiful rooms and balconies.

There is a wide choice of food, and AI drinks.

There are 3 clean pools, we watched the water being checked daily.

The bar is situated by main pool and is always kept tidy with minimal waiting times.The bar staff are all friendly and extremely helpful.

This hotel offers superb value for money.Thanks to all staff for a wonderful holiday!

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by whiterose

You may pay more for your room on arrival

"First the bad bits. The hotel is a 3 star max not a 5 star as advertised. Little or no entertainment for children is available. Be very aware that all Brits seem to be a soft target for extra charges for your room. On arrival I myself and several other families whom I poke to were informed they had booked a promo room not a standard room ? The promo rooms are not in the hotel and located down the road away from the hotel. The rooms and building itseelf is run down and rather scuffy. No mention of this is made on the booking form or web site. However if you agree to pay an extra ten euro a night you can have a standard room. I managed to stike a deal and paid an extra 50 euro's and was given a standard room for my ten night stay overlooking the pool in the main hotel building. However I spoke to other Brits and they told me they had paid more. On the positive side of things the room was clean and had maid service each day. The pool and pool area was kept clean and tidy. The food was of a good standard and you could usually find something you liked to eat. The majority of the staff are helpful, friendly and polite. They also work very hard. My wife, son and I on the whole enjoyed our holiday and think some of the comments made by other people are a bit over the top."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by Scouse

not 5 star but l enjoyed my stay

"arr late at night dropped at top of the road ,,driver pointed down the road,had to make our own way to the hotel,its on the right hand side just past the Diana supermarket.Reception on the second floor,nice gentleman gave us our key,said come back and l will have a snack for u.Room was clean,nice bathroom balcony ,that didnt have the best view,but could just see the sea.Meals are varied ,loved the cakes,only an hour at lunch very busy,had to queue.We found the pool and garden at the rear of the hotel quieter,but not as nice ie parasols.The staff are on the whole nice and friendly ,cleaners lovely.there is a sign not to feed the cats and dogs,butanyone who loves animals couldnt ignore them ,especially a cross alsation and little brown dog with a limp,l brought dog food for 10 days"

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: lots of shops bars friendly
by animal lover

Nightmare Place

"It was just awful - run down - staff unfriendly. Views of ruins and garbage heaps with cats jumping out on the trash - rooms ok - but not great - our cupbaord was missing its draws. swimming pool tiny, can only swin certian times - when they feel like letting you actually - not seafront location - staff unhelpful and bar staff as slow as they come - not that it mattered - as we didnt drink there anyway - Im not a fan of petrol, watered down wine or "orange juice" that was so contentrated you needed about 500ml of water to wash it down with cause it was so sweet! Bar Snacks? Ha - they keep those hidden behind the bar until you ask! - The best part about it was eating time - cause least there was a moment that you had something to do!

no room service (not that i normaly use it, but nice to know you have it) - not even water in the fridge!

the "gym" was really not worth the effort - dirty toilets in lobby areas. the reception area was a complete waste of space - huge place - but no one ever at the bar - so dont even know why it was there!

the only shop there was a "Fur Shop" which seems to be the greatest thing out there - 50% of the shops are Fur Shops! Just what you need in souring temps!!!

Hotel was just sooooo boring! nothing to do there - it was awful! Please do not book this hotel- will be a waste of your money! If you go to this area - and you walk past this place you will know what I mean and count your lucky stars you didnt stay there!!

We booked with lowcostholidays.com and it was a shamble - the "transfer" - they drop you up the road and you ahve to make your way to the hotel - and no indication on when they will pick you up - my sister and I left eary in the end as we could take another 2 days there!

PS: This whole area is not advised if you are just girls - the men pester you alot and although it fun the first time - everytime you walk past they grab onto you and literally try drag you to their bar - its a pain and it rude and it makes you feel very uncomfortable! I have been to Egypt before - but they at least did not actually handle you and try pull you to the side! I dont like to be rude but the same questions over and over and the whole taking you by the arm all the time like we were puppets- where you from, whats your name, first time here? How long? blah blah blah - its painful!

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Ill Never go back here!
by TnTRicks

Not great!

"Ok, i booked last minute through teletext online and paid £400 for a week all inc. Now once we got there (35 euros/ 20 mins) from airport we got a room with a balcony facing the pool. Room was very basic/ bathroom was horrible!. To be fair though room was cleaned/changed every day.

The food was ok, but i have had much much better on other all inc hols. Meat/fish, potatoes and veg every day. Breakfast was poor, no hot food!. The drinks were good with the meals but from the bar you had plastic cups and the spirits/fizzy was cheap and tasted awful.

The pool was decent. Entertainment rubbish, nothing to do there at night unless you love carnage on the strip....PLEASE NOTE....THIS IS NOT AN ENGLISH VISITING PART OF CRETE!!!...everyone was either Russian, German, Dutch etc!

The staff were very good.

3* Hotel...

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, All Inclusive, booked with MyTravel
by s.crawford

1 2 3 »

Map for Hersonissos Palace Hotel Closest airport: Nikos Kazantzakis (HER) 11.8 miles

Top traveller tips for Hersonissos Palace Hotel
  • by s.crawford

" Captain G.....Good restaurant on the beach. "