Ocean Lodge

Good

Room: 9.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Great B&B by Claire090

We stayed at Ocean Lodge for two nights with our 3 year old son and it was wonderful. The rooms are clean & modern and well kept. Colin & Sue made us feel most welcome and we will definitely be back.

Fantastic by dljones84

Me and my husband stayed in this b&b on 13th april 09.Colin & Sue were fantastic hosts,that made us feel very welcome .The room was extremley clean & also the on-suite bathroom. Room was decorated to a high standard. The breakfast was great, good choice given. Tea & coffee facilities given in your room & also tv with free view. Perfect location to beach,and shops.

We would recommend Ocean lodge to anyone. Thank you for a enjoyable stay.

Donna& Paul Jones ( Coventry )

Who needs "diamonds" when gems like this exist by jules3158

stayed here thursday 9th April 2009, as there was a group of us doing a days diving off the pier at swanage on Good Friday. The place was reccomended by the owner of the next door establishment Clare House, as she had nothing left, some of our party were booking into hers. The owners of Ocean Lodge couldnt have been nicer, they have first class rooms, and one of the biggest and comfiest beds I have slept in for a long time. We wanted to take the bed home, ensuite exceptionially clean!!!. The breakfast next morning was absolutely faultless, ( I am very fussy over how my egg is cooked, i thought they had read my mind). I would recomend this place to anyone, very good value ahve stayed in much pricier places at over £100 per night that didnt even get of the first rung of the ladder never mind reach the top of it...this place will not dissappoint.

A great place to stay by SteveBNewbury

This is an excellent B&B, situated a couple of hundred yards from the Town centre in Swanage, but no noise! Colin and Sue really make their guests feel at home, in this spotlessly clean and friendly establishment. As for the breakfast's, i can assure that you will not require a large lunch. Thoroughly recommended!

A must for Veggies by SLTtraveller

A really comfortable place to stay. The owners couldn't do enough to make my stay pleasant. Despite initially booking at the last minute, there was no problem with providing a vegan breakfast (and vegan goodies in the room - a definate first for me). I now stay each time I visit Swanage (every week). On the occasion that a friend joined me, the cooked English breakfast looked and smelled delicous.

I would highly recommend it to anyone who values quality, consideration, comfort and cleanliness. And its not even hard on the wallet!

A terrific and very welcoming B&B.....!! by catto64

My family and I spent a lovely 5 days/nights in Swanage over the New Year period.

The Ocean Lodge B&B (previously known as 'Oxford Lodge') is located in a particularly good position in Swanage, with very easy access to the town and it's numerous shops/pubs/restaurants etc. We found that we left the car unused for most of our time there..!

The B&B has been looked after by the current owners, with a bright and airy feel, and our room was spotlessly clean throughout. Breakfast choice was very good and the local produce particularly tasty.

Sue & Colin were extremely good hosts and it was almost like staying with old friends...

We intend staying at the Ocean Lodge again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking at spending quality time in Swanage/the surrounding area.

If you're looking for somewhere to stay in Swanage, look no further. by Diplonaut

As the title would suggest, if you are considering staying in Swanage, and are looking for a quality, family run place to stay, look no further than the Ocean Lodge, formerly known as the Oxford Lodge. This is situated less than 5 minutes from the cheery centre of Swanage, with plenty of pubs and restaurants available to satisfy every taste.

The Ocean Lodge is a centrally located Victorian affair, the facade recently renovated, with seven very comfortable rooms. I stayed with my travel savvy family in an extremely well equipped four bed en-suite for four days. This room was very airey, fitted out with everything that a family of four would ever require, right down to a hair dryer, kettle and potty for the wee offspring!

Sue and Colin Weeks were the perfect hosts for our short stay, running a very tight ship indeed. I would thoroughly recommend the Oxford Lodge and as a result of our recent breakthere, am already planning our next short break to Swanage.

Friendly B&B by Myview99

A really friendly place to stay right in the centre of Swanage. Even though it was November and very wet & windy the owners were really helpful with things that we could do out of season.

The rooms were clean & warm with a real B&B feel (bit dated decor but only because my taste is more modern). Breakfast was lovely. Has internet access which is a bonus.

We'd stay again.

lovely friendly guesthouse by knitynat

We stayed here for a sunny weekend in September 08.

This is a lovely B&B, in an excellent location close to the beach. Our room was immaculately clean in a modern decor. The bed large and comfortable and the very friendly owners provided well cooked full English brekkie.

I would recommend this as a short break to anyone looking for good quality accommodation, that meets the essential requirements of large comfy bed, spotlessly clean accommodation and good breakfast.

Excellent base by toniastree

May 2008 was our 3rd stay in the Oxford Lodge Swanage.

The lodge is a great base for exploring the Dorset Coast, only 2 minutes walk into the shopping area and beach front. Pier with many boat trips.

Large, light spacious family room with onsuite bathroom, bath and separate shower.

Nice little extras, tea coffee making facilities, the hot chocolate and biscuits always go down a treat.

Substantial breakfast, cereals, fruit juices,full english, toast, tea coffee, a great start to the day.

Colin and Sue are great hosts we look forward to many more trips to Swanage and the Oxford Lodge.

Freeman family Northampton

Read 124 additional reviews of Ocean Lodge

Stayed at Ocean Lodge? Share your insight.

Map for Ocean Lodge Closest airport: Bournemouth (BOH) 12.9 miles