Riviera Hotel

Room: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Riviera Hotel

A Great stay at the Riviera Hotel

"we came across it by accident when we were looking for a B&B. The room was spacious, with everything you'd expect in a hotel room. We were offered evening meals at a discount because we were already on B&B and the total cost was very acceptable. The meals were well cooked and varied and I enjoyed my breakfast porridge! The staff were top rate - all friendly, helpful and very efficient. Our waitress was there at breakfast and dinner, and in between she worked on reception. A real workaholic. I strongly recommend this hotel as long as you don't want loud music every night - although they do offer acts in the bar some nights of the week."

• Holiday details: May 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Be prepared to eat a lot!
by Robert M

"Friendly staff, very clean, lovely food, if you don't like what's on the menu they will cook you something else which was good as I am a fussy eater.

Lovely clean white crisp sheets on bed.

I would recommend this hotel to a coach trip or to anyone if you know there is a coach trip there and you can join in with them.

We arrived on Saturday and as there were only a few of us at the hotel the custard was made with powder and water which was disgusting when the coach load arrived we had proper custard.(yippee)

When the hotel only had few people staying the entertainment was cancelled until the coach load arrived.

When they left Friday morning it was cancelled again Friday night.

So in all food, staff and very clean but entertainment great when hotel full otherwise there isn't any even though it states entertainment in the manuel in the bedroom. Entertaiment every night from 8.30.

Oh, also it says even though the entertainment finishes at 11.30 the bar stays open till 12.

This is very untrue at 11 they come round collecting glasses and beer mats and putting all the chairs tidy making you feel very uncomfortable.

So time for bed!

by Mistyblue2

dissapointing

"bedroom and bathroom needed redecorating, Dinner at 6-30 was a bit early, and there was no salad bar!!! staff were very nice, but felt we were being rushed through our meals. not very impreessed with ,Sandown , very run down,"

by cleggt

Excellent food

"Date 25th August 2008

I have just returned from a family holiday at the Riviera. I went with my husband , my 5 year old son & his grandfather. The hotel takes any day bookings which we found very useful. Also they arranged the ferry for us. My father was ill with a chest infection while we were there & the hotel literature provided details of the nearest medical centre. He was seen the same day & soon recovered.

The hotel was located 5 minutes from Sandown beach & its attractions. The rooms were clean & spacious & had plenty of storage space.

The breakfast & evening menus were full of choice & the food was delicious. My son was given the same meal choices and portion sizes as the adults.

The hotel provided entertainment in the bar every evening. The singers however seemed to sing the same songs so it was a bit repetative. Could have been better.

The only complaint is that the hotel is very much run as a business & lacks a personal touch. We were not greeted on arrival by an adult, just a child. I do not even think they knew when we had left, there were no goodbyes. I have no idea who the owners were, they were not based at the hotel as far as I could see.

Overall we had a good holiday & would probably stay at the hotel again.

by AuntyNelly

Great Hotel!!!!!!

"It was a great hotel to stay and enjoy at. We have so many memories of that hotel along with our other memories of Isle of Wight. The hotel had to offer so many things and it was so clean in the hotel too. We went as a group of 13 people and booked four rooms at a great value. The rooms had every facility you require e.g. tv, coffee maker, tea maker etc. And if you look out of the windows, all you see is breathtaking sceneries of cliffs and especially the beach. There was so much to do in that hotel itself as it had a bar, a restaurant, some games facilities and many more things. The beach was just few minutes away and the high street was just two or three minutes away where they had nice food available. So I think the hotel is great and if i get to go to isle of wight again then im definetely staying in Riviera Hotel again."

by liketravel22

Very Nice Hotel

"April 2007 easter, I stayed at this hotel for 1 night with my family. This is a lovely hotel for its class and price and surprisingly has a large number of rooms for a 2 star hotel. The facilities were maintained to a good standard and our triple en-suite room was clean and cosy with the required tea/coffee making facilities.

The restaurant and bar are very nice and the service is good.

The best part is, this hotel is as close to the beach and the high street as it can get without being on the shores. The beach is only a 4 to 5 minute stroll as you come out of the hotel restaurant and the hight street again is only 5 to 10 minutes from the hotel.

Overall a nice hotel with 2 star facilities very close to the beach and high street in Sandown.

by rajkn

Excellent stay

"Sept 2005 Have just spent 4 nights at The Riviera Hotel, Royal St, Sandown, on a short break deal for £40 per night DBB including ferry costs from Southampton. From start to finish the Hotel and its staff were excellent! The only problem being there is no lift but we were allocated a lovely room on the ground floor. If you have no mobility problems the top floor rooms have sea views. The walk to the beach was not far but too steep for wheelchair users however moving the car to the beach was not a problem and a small price to pay for staying in such a lovely hotel. The furnishings were new, fresh and clean as was the bathroom. The pretty restaurant served wonderful and varied food with plenty of choice at each course... all the lovely deserts were home made! Would recommend this hotel to anyone."

by A TripAdvisor Member

Read more reviews of Riviera Hotel at TripAdvisor

Map for Riviera Hotel Closest airport: Southampton International (SOU) 22.3 miles