La Baia di Rio

Room: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Great location, veiws and clean by s96talle

We stayed in the Columbus room for 3 nights. We had gone through earlier reviews so our expectations were set high and they were fulfilled and beyond. Clean, quiet, breath-taking views and really friendly staff. I highly recommend this B&B but be cautious with the parking of your car, we got an unwanted memory from riomaggiore a big scratch in the passenger door.

A Piece of Heaven in Paradise by lkglasgow

Of all the places that were hard to leave, this was the hardest. We had, I believe, the Marco Polo suite. We had reserved the suite below but due to some mix up it was empty and they offered to upgrade us for only an extra 10 euros. It was worth an extra 100 euros in my mind. The room was HUGE with a full kitchen and the terrace was equally huge with complete panoramic views of Riomaggiore and the water. It was quiet and clean. Maristella and Emiliano were fun and helpful people. Can't wait to go back and stay longer.

Charming! by Midnight88

Booked based on positive reviews & because the prices seemed much more reasonable compared to the places we were looking at in Vernazza. Everything was as we expected, spacious, clean, modern, fab views, close to center of town etc. Only one thing missing in the middle of the summer heat, a fan or A/C. Although the evening breeze does blow through as Maristella mentioned, after a day of hiking, there was no relief from the heat coming back to the room. Even a simple fan would have been great. Nonetheless, the spectacular views, & awesome sunsets will distract you from the heat. Don't forget to enjoy the cheap & yummy gelato in town, just look for the line.

Fantastic Views from room/blacony by ADKtraveller

We booked this room based on recommendations from TripAdvisor.com. We are very glad we did. We really enjoyed the room and the town. The room was sparse but it was able to accommodate all 4 of us. There was one king bed (really two twins put together) and the kids were able to use the folding beds. The kids said the beds were very comfortable. We met the owners at the tourist information office as we entered the town by car – they were able to give us a private parking space as well during our stay. Both Maristella and Emiliano were very helpful. Pack as light as you can when you go to Riomaggiore because there is no easy way to get anywhere and lugging the bags from the parking area to the hotel can be difficult. They only take cash at this hotel and everything is very informal. Despite never having had a problem with a trip advisor recommendation I was still concerned about the confirmation. But we had no problems. We would stay here again and look forward to returning.

awesome - recommended! by mattexeter

was looking for accommodation in Riomaggiore on Trip Advisor and saw positive comments on La Baia di Rio... so thought I'd give it a go. I am so pleased I did. We stayed in the Marco Polo suite and the appartment itself was stunning - the room is huge, really light and airy, and the balcony is also very big with a great view over the village of Riomaggiore. The owners were extremely helpful and very nice to deal with. The appartment is easy to get to from the station, although I definitely suggest taking the lift at the station for half a euro.

Do what I did, take this advice and book it if you can! :-)

Heaven on earth by packinglightly

We stayed at a one bedroom with bathroom and balcony overlooking the town and the harbour. Wonderful view. Maristella and Emiliano were very nice and helpful. The place was spotless and very modern. I would highly recommend staying in this accomodation. The town of Riomaggiore is a lovely place to stay....

Wonderful location, great owners, and a breathtaking view! by tamnben

Honestly, it doesn't get much better than this in the Cinque Terre! My husband and I stayed here for three nights in April and loved it. We paid 80 EURS per night and we were offered a huge room with a queen bed, TV (with English channels), large bathroom with shower (and a great blow dryer), and a large terrace with the most amazing view of the ocean and village!

Emiliano is a wonderful host. He met as at the elevator and carried my bag to the room and gave us a nice bottle of wine as a gift. He showed us where everything was (grocery stores, etc) and offered up recommendations for dinner - which turned out to be great and we ate there two nights. Maristella, Emiliano's mom, was also very kind and courteous. They are the perfect hosts and their main concern is that you're enjoying yourself, sleeping well, and eating well!

The only thing that is difficult about the CT is when you arrive it can be a little overwhelming. If you're traveling around Europe for 2 weeks or more it's really hard to pack light - and I don't suggest you do unless you want to spend precious time doing laundry or spending money buying clothes. So just keep in mind that it's not like you get off the train and grab a taxi or walk a block to your hotel. You get off the train, lug your bags around (while everyone stares at you and snickers - almost forgetting that they also did the same thing when they arrived!), find the elevator (to the left of the information center-gift shop) and take it to the top of the hill - it's 1 EUR and well worth it - or you can buy the CT card at the info center and it includes the elevator. Make sure to let Emiliano know when you arrive so he can meet you at the elevator and guide you to the room - otherwise it will be hard to find. Once you're situated - everything else is really easy to navigate and the trains make it really convenient to explore the other villages - but the hike is where you get to really explore so definitely plan on a hike.

With that being said, it was a wonderful experience and we look forward to returning. We were very happy that we decided to stay in Riomaggiore, and in our opinion, it was the best village out of the five and the La Baia di Rio was the perfect place to call home for three nights.

Enjoy!

Loved La Baia Di Rio by HockeyMark

WOW!!!!.....

My wife and I just returned from our 5 week honeymoon tour of Western Europe...Unfortunately we only stayed here 1 nite, as we were in "Power Sightseeing Mode"...We should have spent a whole week in this area!!!!

Visiting Riomaggiore was one of the highlights of our trip...We absolutely loved it here...Emiliano & Maristella (The people who run the show), were great...(I still feel bad as Emiliano carried my wife's 50lb backback through town to our room)...The room we stayed in offered great views of the town and the ocean...It was great to wake up in the morning and sit on the balcony and soak up the atmosphere...

We booked a room at a rate of 90 Euros a nite...As we arrived by car. Maristella allowed us to park our car in their garage as parking & driving is quite limited in Riomaggiore.

We arrived in the mid afternoon and immediately set out on the path...We made it to 4 towns before it became dark. We then took the train back to Riomaggiore for some dinner...

Be sure to book way in advance if you wish to stay here during the summer...

My wife and I are looking forward to a return to trip to Riomaggiore and will definitely look to book our stay at La Baia Di rio...

CIAO

The BEST STAY of our 3+ week vacation! by PestoPete

At La Baia Di Rio in Riomaggiore (Cinque Terre), we reserved the Honeymoon suite (more like an apartment) with 180-degree wrap around private balcony, and it was easily the hightlight accomodation of our trip. Each night we had pesto dinners on our balcony and each morning we awoke to views of the hillsides of Riomaggiore - oh yeah, did I mention huge wrap around windows. We even stopped in the town and stocked breakfast foods for mornings on our balcony. I know many of us don't go on vacation to stay in our rooms, but that is how nice this was. A year later, my wife and I still dream of being back at this place! The room was large and immaculate, and it came with a kitchen, nice bathroom, and washer/dryer. The owners are super nice (not around much as it is not a B&B) - it was just wonderful!

You will not be disappointed with a stay here!

Warning: Book early as they are very popular.

La Baia di Rio - great room and view by kurtztk

My wife and I spent a great night in the double room at La Baia di Rio. The room and patio were every bit as nice as the photos on the website. The room is modern with few decorations, but everything was very clean, very new, and very comfortable. The patio looks down on the waterfront, ocean, and up to the surrounding hillsides and was a great spot to relax. The room includes a decent size bathroom - still small but bigger than most during our trip.

Getting there from the train station was very easy - especially if you use the elevator just before you enter the tunnel into town (free with the Cinque Terre card).

Emiliano was very gracious and helpful. He gave us his contact information so we could get ahold of him at any time. When we left the next day, he let us keep our bags in the building while we did the hike from Riomaggiore to Vernazza - we returned by train and got them later that afternoon.

We felt the cost was very reasonable given the room, patio, and view. If we hadn't already made reservations in Vernazza, we would have been very happy to stay here the next two nights as well.

Read 148 additional reviews of La Baia di Rio

Stayed at La Baia di Rio? Share your insight.

La Baia di Rio also called

• la baia di rio hotel
  • la baia di rio hotel riomaggiore
  • la baia di rio riomaggiore
  • Address: Via Telemaco Signorini #177, Riomaggiore, Italy

Map for La Baia di Rio Closest airport: Pisa International Galileo Galilei (PSA) 43.6 miles