Melian Hotel & Spa

Service: 9.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Melian Hotel & Spa

Lovely and Elegant Boutique Hotel

"Loved our stay at Melian. It's a lovely little boutique hotel in the town of Pollonia with great views of the sea. I highly highly reccomend it. Elegant, modern, spotless, slightly trendy but with a cozy feel. We went in June and paid a very low price for the high level of service and attention to detail we got.

We had the Penthouse Suite on the second floor. It was a big airy white and blue room with a nice terrace overlooking a blue bay. The room was spotlesss, I mean these guys are pathologically clean and neat. The housekeeper would even rearrange our bath products in a pretty way when we got back from the beach. We left sand on the white tiles countless times and never found a grain when we returned. Everything was just seamless and elegant: flat screen TV, pretty white bed, cute couch with nice coffee table and big wooden desk, all brand new and elegant. The bathroom was also brand new and absolutely super clean and modern, no strange flushing systems, mould or other problems we encoutered even in high level hotels in Greece, this was a top bathroom like you get in high level hotels in London or other capitals.

The lounge area and jacuzzi downstairs are small but also lovely with great views. We would just sit in the breakfast area and enoy looking at the sea. Anastasis and his family were fantastic, always available and willing to help, made our stay all the more pleasant. There was also a vaguely trendy vibe to the place with some young couples from Athens in guccy clothes walking past which we found fun, there were drinks to be had by the jacuzzi area and nice lounge music. That said we also saw some families. There was a couple with a baby that had taken one of the jacuzzi rooms and they seemed happy. I didn't like those rooms as much because they were on the ground floor and people could look down on your terrace. I preferred sitting on our terrace higher up and reading and sunbathing but for them it worked very well. The baby would splash around in the jacuzzi with the parents or crawl around their little courtyard and they took breakfast there too which seemed nice.

The beach below wasn't that exciting, we did bathe there but Milos has tons of better beaches. You can walk to another beach in the town of Pollonia in a few minutes which was fine for us. The town is very cute by the way. Best thing to do though is to rent a car, and go to the various beaches around the island. Anastasis had great suggestions for that. He also helped us rent the car, he was just great.

We didn't use the Spa but I checked it out. It's tiny like the rest of the hotel so don't expect too much but it's spotless. There's a warm jacuzzi, two brand new exercise machines (my husband just went jogging and swimming every day instead of using them), clean nice bathrooms, and a massage room. As I said small, but very nicely kept and run.

Overall a beautiful and relaxing hotel, and a very convenient price in low/medium season. I would go again anytime.

by AllyMilan

The best accommodation in Milos

"It was the second time i visited Milos...as my girlfriend never been there. Although at the beginning we though the price was a bit more than we wanted to spend…at the end it worth every single penny! If you honestly looking for a true quality accommodation, then that’s the only place you should go, as there is nothing or anything close to this hotel! To make it clear for the people planning to visit Milos and specially Pollonia…you will find many good reviews on tripadvisor for many hotels or studios…but non of these places can be compared to the Melian, and I say this coz when you go for a walk around Pollonia then you truly understand the quality of the hotel you staying! Generally we didn’t use the spa or any other services, but the penthouse superior room we had with the balcony, was more than enough for us."

by TolisTrip

Melian lived up to expectations

"My wife and I spent 7 nights at the Melian, from the end of august. After reading some positive reviews and having seen some pictures, we made a late booking. Althought the superior rooms with jacuzzi were partly full, Anestis made a stay possible. We did have to change two times, but with everything arranged by Anestis and his people this went as smooth as could have been.

The hotel is not cheap by Milos standards but - in my opinion - definitely worth every penny of it. First and above all: the hotel is small (15 rooms and suites if I remember well) and the service is as personal and effective as you would want it to be. Anestis is a nice person, extravert, friendly and very helpful. He and his father - a Greek man with style - knew exactly what they wanted when they set up this hotel. You can see in everything that they have thought it through well and that they had experience in the business.

Secondly: the showers. Simply put: we never had better showers in all the years that we went to Greece.

Thirdly: the rooms. As stated, we stayed in three different rooms (two ones with jacuzzi) and Anestis showed me some other rooms as well. All spacious, furnitured well and with good levels of privacy and (good and better) views.

Last: the place. Pollonia is a bit away from everywhere. But if you like a more Greek experience (and a very good fishrestaurant in the neighborhood) it suits well. We went everyday to the beaches at the south coast of the island - half an hour with scooter - but we enjoyed the trip (go and back) all the time.

We enjoyed our stay tremendously. We throughly hope Anestis and his father will have a lot of succes in the future: they deserve it! (and we hope we will be early enough next year to make a booking in this small hotel on a beautiful island).

Harry, Andrea, The Netherlands.

by Harry1962

Great, friendly hideaway in which to chill

"We spent just under a week at the Melian Hotel. It's a great place to chill out, and to totally unwind. We were lucky because we had one of the rooms on the top floor on the side of the hotel - feeling a bit "tucked away". I really enjoyed lying on the bed in the afternoons with the french windows open, onto the balcony overlooking the sea, listening to the waves breaking on the beach as I read my book. Then getting up to go to the balcony and sit there watching the sun set while having a beer.

(Tip - best to go before the end of September as the sun sets over the sea then, rather than behind the cliff).

The bed (mattress) was more comfortable than our one back home and I said to myself i was going to find out where the sheets and pillow cases came from as they were really comfortable too - not the sort of thing i usually notice! (Anyway, I forgot to do that!!)

The hotel is tucked away overlooking what looks like its own bay on the edge of Pollonia. There is a real sense of privacy here. Coming and going from the room doesn't mean going past a reception desk so you are really free to come and go whenever you like. When we were there, a "European celebrity" was also staying at the hotel. No fuss was made of them, and they made no fuss about any one else.

As a previous reviewer wrote, we really enjoyed sitting in the outdoor jacuzzi on the ground floor with a beer, watching the sunset - nice touch.

The hotel is a 7 minute (slow walk) from the restaurants and beach in Pollonia. We tried a few of them, but the best by far, and perhaps one of the best fish restaurants I have ever eaten in, is Armenaki. It is really worth talking to the owner here. The restaurant only serves food that is in season (including the fish) and nearly all of the food comes from on, or around, the island, mostly from the restaurant's own farm.

The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and made us literally feel at home. There was a technical issue with the wi-fi in the hotel for a couple of days but Anestis let me use his office to use the Internet and send faxes. He made me laugh when he said "feel just like you are in the office" in the same way someone would say, "make yourself feel at home". I didn't really feel like the Melian was like being in the office! It was the opposite.

All in all a really great place to escape, unwind, relax, and eat some great healthy food at Armenaki.

by Qadisha

Just Perfect

"My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Greece. We went to Santorini first and then Milos. Everyone says how stunning Santorini is, but not many people know that Milos is even more beautiful and has some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. We stayed at the Melian Honeymoon suite that has an enormous terrace, a private outdoor jacuzzi and spectacular sunsets that compete with those in Santorini! The Melian has a great ambience, is the perfect place for a honeymoon and the service is personalised to make you feel you are the only guest satying there! We were amazed to have found such a hotel on Milos! Pollonia is the best village to stay, a truly beautiful fishing village with great food! We absolutely loved Milos and the Melian Hotel was just perfect! I would go back there again and again and again."

by Suz28anne

Amazing Hotel Great Island!!

"They say that Milos is for lovers and they are right. What a wonderful island the beaches are fabulous and I have never seen such incredible sunsets.

The Melian itself is just superb. Newly built, the finish and furnishings are extemely high spec and the comfort and style outstanding. Having visited Milos on several occasions this hotel is head and shoulders above all the other hotels on the island.

I stayed in the honeymoon suite WOW. we had a private Jacccuzi on our ridiculously large terrace not overlooked by anything and facing the most magnificant view over the bay. The sunsets are to die for if you enjoy them with a glass of wine in the jaccuzi it simply doesn't get any better.If you dont have your own jaccuzi there is a fantastic one on the hotels main terrace, or the indoor spa has the best I have ever seen there is also a sauna to make the total detox holiday experience. If you are the kind to use the gym there is running treadmills and multigym, I don't do that personally but if you do then great.

The cleanliness is fantastic and the staff really do go the extra mile. Father and son the owners take great pride in customer service, nothing is too much trouble. Anestis is the oracle and can tell you where the best beach day, meal, car hire etc.... can be found and both are extremly polite and agreeable.

In the interests of fairness I have tried to think of a negative but in honesty I can't, I am totally satisfied and I think the value for money is great. I will visit Milos again and I would never stay anywhere else, ten out of ten Anestis and Ioannis.

by Sam39London

What a wonderful experience!

"We enjoyed five wonderful days at the Melian over the past week. What an outstanding experience. Anestis and his father Ioannis went above and beyond to make our stay easy and pleasurable. They were so gracious, always glad to lend a hand and to provide personal insights on restaurants, beaches and everything about Milos.

We stayed in a junior suite - an extremely large room on the ground floor with a jacuzzi and an expansive patio. We had more room that we could possibly use. Breakfast was delicious and served on the patio. The location in Pollonia provides for a wonderful view of a rocky bay and lovely sunsets.

Having seen most of the hotels we considered in Pollonia, we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. The next time we go to Milos, we will absolutely stay at the Melian.

by Brichford

Spectacular location and hotel

"Spent an amazing four nights at Melian. Location is spectacular, overlooking the sea near the small fishing village of Pollonia. Hotel is newly built and everything has been done in style. Hotel owners and staff were always very helpful. Room was large and always immaculately cleaned. Pollonia is less than 10 minutes walk away and has plenty of excellent (and cheap) places to eat. Worth hiring a car if you want to explore the island and get to the more sheltered beaches on the south coast. Hotel organised us a Panda for 50 euro per day"

by taylortravel

loved the Melian Hotel

"The Melian Hotel is a small boutique hotel with a fantastic location, wonderful service with excellent style and furnishings. Beautuful rooms . All rooms have superb views, being at the end of a private road, right on the sea. Perfect walking distance into Pollonia.( 5 minutes). Breakfasts are served daily, freshly baked by the grandmother of a wonderful Greek family. Pollonia is the village to stay in on Milos. You will experience a small village with summer Greek resort life. Adamas is much busier and more touristy. Adamas is only a 10 minute drive by car or local bus. Can't say enough about The Melian Hotel. Go!!!!!"

by gg-7

just great

"Have stayed for almost a week at the penthouse superior room at the melian hotel...really great room with all the amenities that you could expect,spacious bathroom as well as superb deco and atmosphere overall...the hotel's sunset is just amazing-bring your camera empty or better buy some new memory!!!pollonia is definately the place to be at milos...very good food and much more traditional than adamas!definately reccommend it! overall i had a great time over milos...great accommodation, great food unlimited beaches (although the weather was windy)..."

by PantelisPapat

Read more reviews of Melian Hotel & Spa at TripAdvisor

Map for Melian Hotel & Spa

Do you own Melian Hotel & Spa?

Stayed at Melian Hotel & Spa? Share your insight.

Melian Hotel & Spa is also called: