ABaC Barcelona

Room: 9.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for ABaC Barcelona

What hotels should aspire to

"The personal attention by Maria was unsurpassed in my experience anywhere else in the world. She is the perfect example of what makes this hotel great: dedication to customer satsifaction, and dedication to the hotel itself, since she worked three shifts in a row filling in for a key restaurant person in between her regular duties in the hotel. Only a great hotel can get a professional like her to agree to those hours...

The hotel is beautiful, with every amenity including remotely controlled curtains, rainfall shower heads, a private spa, etc.

Highly recommended.

by flicklives

What an incredible find: 5* hotel with 2* Michelin restaurant!

"Just returned from 4 days in the lap of ABaC luxury! This hotel is truly something else. Just 15 rooms and all of them equipped with topnotch facilities and amenities. A very friendly and personal welcome was just a taste of what was yet to come. The hotel is located about 3 km away from the bustling city center but, that is easily overcome by a short taxi ride or a slightly longer ride by hop-on/hop-off bus that stops right in front of the hotel. The hotel's own parking garage means you can leave your car safely while you are off exploring Barcelona. The building itself is wonderful; lots of wood on the outside and very secure. The inside is a marvel of modern design; lots of glass, granite, marble and stainless steel but, it all fits wonderfully and really comes together. Our Deluxe room was spacious and was equipped with a big Bang & Olufsen tv-set (!). Everything you can possibly think of was in the room and it left absolutely nothing to be desired. The bed was very, very comfortable and the bathroom deserves special mentioning: separate toilet with bidet, jacuzzi bath and a shower coming out of a 40x40 cm shower head in the ceiling. Separated by one-way mirrors from the rest of the room, the overall effect was light, roomy and very, very comfortable. Food at the hotel was truly excellent and it is rightly a 2* Michelin restaurant. Both à la carte as well as the Grand ABaC tasting menu are culinary experiences never to be forgotten: the presentation, combination of flavors and subtle, surprising accents are the mark of a exceptional restaurant and the ABaC Restaurant certainly fits that bill. Staff were very friendly and accommodating and the sommelier came up with some amazing wines to accompany our choice of food. Well done! Breakfast was also amazing: sitting outside in the garden (weather permitting, of course) with so many delicious items served to you at the table. It was also very well presented, made to order and certainly in line with the restaurant. For those seeking a small but very luxurious hotel with excellent dining facilities and truly personal service by amazing staff, you need to look no further."

by JardinTulipes

This is the place to stay in Barcelona

"We truly felt like guests at ABaC - the personal attention and friendliness of the staff were remarkable. I highly recommend a room with a patio - they are quite spacious and a great way to relax and hear the city.

The area around ABac is residential and a welcome break from the tourist areas south towards the ocean. Also, Tibidabo is immediatey accessible - run up the hill, follow the trails, and see Barcelona from an amazing vantage point.

I must mention the absolutely wonderful manager - we arrived very early on a Sunday morning, well in advance of our reservation time, worn out from an overnight train ride. We were greeted by her as friends (!), offered delicious coffee, a tour of the hotel... and swiftly accommodated. I'm convinced my lingering fondness for Barcelona was significantly shaped by these gestures - this wasn't mere "service" or "hospitality" - it was kindness!

by runfear

Perfect luxury refuge for couples

"This is hotel is truly a jewel in between all the other hotels in Barcelona and if I had to choose the best hotel in Europe, ABaC Hotel would definitely be in my Top10. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable and designed for having a quiet sleep- big and tall windows can be covered completely, so that no light disturbs your sleep. The relaxing rainforest shower and Givenchy treats let you indulge even in the bathroom. Spa can be booked per room, which means, that the small pool, sauna/hamam, drinks and snacks are there exclusively for you and your partner. I have never enjoyed a stay more than this one and I am still seeking for a comparable hotel in Europe, that gives you relaxation in the midst of a city's rushed daily routine. Everything can be reached via the near-by metro station, too."

by ALOHALALA

Gorgeous hotel well located away from tourist town

"My fiancee and I just returned from two nights at the Abac Hotel (Sunday/Monday). Sadly the restaurant was closed both nights and the bar didn't seem to be open either - bad timing on our part. We could have tried breakfast but at 30 euros a pop we couldn't quite bring ourselves to, especially with a lovely bustly cafe just across the road at a fraction of the price.

And so to the hotel. We booked a deluxe room which on first sight was disappointing size wise but more than made up for in quirky features. Loved the lighting which was easy to negotiate. loved the electric curtains, loved the two way mirrored bathroom doors, and super loved the wet room complete with jacuzzi bath and huge rain shower.

Also the bed was as comfy as either me or my partner could remember, and the doors are so thick we didn't hear a thing from elsewhere. Throw in huge plasma tv but sadly no dvd player in our room so we made do with spanish tv or the one english channel bbc world.

It's a nice relaxed place to hang out, i was brought coffee on the terrace in the morning, and the location is great if you're not bothered about being on the Ramblas. The train is right there or a taxi to the city is around 10 euros.

Our only disappointment was finding good places to eat. Sunday night so much closes and the friendly staff weren't exactly full of suggestions. Monday night again it was up to us to come up with something.

Marian in particular we found incredibly helpful, especially when i couldn't get my laptop to connect to the hotels super fast wireless.

I didn't mention the spa: small, lovely, but the jacuzzi and steam room could have been a lot hotter for me.

Overall, sad we missed out on the restaurant but loved it, and so we should at the price.

by LondonDavidj

Wonderful hotel and amazing restaurant!

"My wife and I stayed at ABaC for three nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The location is perfect to explore Barcelona - at the end of a metro line (Tibidabo) with a very frequent service and only 8 minutes from the city centre, yet quiet enough to escape from the bustle of the city, so do not let the fact it is not located in the centre on on the waterfront put you off staying here. The staff were fantastic and simply couldn't do enough to help us, from making my initial enquiries through to their courteous through to friendly manner in suggesting where we should visit. The whole atmosphere was warm, freindly, inviting and relaxing - exactly what a good hotel should be. Our room (junior suite) was not quite as big as I had hoped for, but was stunning in fixtures and fittings, so we were happy! The hotel layout is a bit quirky, coming from the fact is is set in an old house which has had a wonderful extension added, but the fact you are encouraged to walk through the kitchen says how proud of their food they are and they have every reason to be so! Unless you have had your taste buds surgically removed you have to eat here if you can - it was sensational and again, the staff went the extra mile when they made a menu just for us on the night due to my wife's dietary requirements; astonishing in a Michelin-starred establishment. But even breakfast was a treat - fruit salad with basil sorbet just one example of the superb food served here. Moving on, the bar was an experience in itself and you simply have to ask for one of their gin and tonics - better than any we have had before or since. The spa was also great - small but lovely. All in all, we will definitely be going back, as much to visit this hotel as to visit Barcelona, the highest complement I can give in a city with so much to offer."

by robbie27