Coral Reef Inn

hotel photo

Good

Room: 9.5/10

Very Friendly and Economical Dive Inn by pattilca

Cindy and Scott made us feel at home right away. Our room was large and comfortable. The package for diving and accomodations was a great deal. The refrigerator in the room was a great surprise asset. After a morning of diving it was great to come back and hang out and dry off on one of the patios or up on the rooftop common area. The dive gear sinks were a great plus! The inn is down the street from a large supercenter/mall and was very convient for groceries and supplies. The dive shop which Cindy and Scott work with was nice and a short walk from the inn. We had several great mornings of diving. At the inn there were all sorts of magazines, books and games you could borrow to relax and unwind. Cindy & Scott's restaurant suggestions and coupons helped us to find a couple of nice reasonable meals and a few free drinks! I would definately stay again at the Coral Reef Inn on another trip to Cozumel.

Awesome dive hotel by jolson1967

I was looking online for a budget hotel in Cozumel and came across a dive package (hotel and diving) from the Coral Reef Inn. Since it was one of the lowest priced packages that I could find, I wasn't expecting much. Before making a reservation, Scott (one of the owners) replied back to my email questions within minutes of me sending them. Other hotels replied back in about a day.

One of my bags that I needed for diving did not arrive with me in Mexico the day that I arrived and I was scheduled to dive early the next morning. Scott had arranged the dive package for me and contacted the dive company right away about my situation to make sure that my package could be adjusted. He also called the airport many times on the night of my arrival to inquire about my bag that I needed.

Scott was also able to find a budget solution that would allow me to make it to the airport for a flight out of Cancun that left in the wee hours of the morning.

But what I was most impressed with was the quality of my stay at the hotel. It is brand new and very clean. The owners (Scott and Cindy) developed and built the hotel to their own personal standards and did not go cheap (budget) on anything. I loved everything clear down to the toilet paper holders. The airconditioning even has a remote control! I am always fearful of thin mattresses at budget locations in latin america but the bed that I slept in was kingsized and comfy. The third floor is an open rooftop deck complete with a full kitchen which makes food preparation a snap. It also has a place to wash and dry dive gear. There is absolutely nothing about this hotel that leads me to believe that it could be considered a budget hotel.

The hotel is located a few blocks off of the water front (which means less traffic and noise) and a few blocks from the downtown area, but everything is within walking distance.

I highly recommend the Coral Reef Inn to adults who are looking to dive in Cozumel. The hotel is small enough that the owners (went above and beyond the call of duty) are willing to cater to your needs just to make your stay more pleasurable.

Best Kept Secret on the Island by ddnewt

We can't say enough great things about The Coral Reef Inn. We went for a week to refresh our diving and Scott took us out on his own time for a refresher shore dive before we started our dive package! The room was clean, cozy and comfortable and the big shower was fantastic after being out in the sun all day. Scott and Cindy made us feel like we were visiting family without being invasive. They told us all the best local spots for shopping and food and got us discounts on diving and a rental car. We loved the roof top kitchen, not just for those mornings and late night snacks, but it was a great place to play games and just enjoy the nice breeze. When my husband asked Scott his opinion of who had the best pico in town, he said he did... then he brought us up a plate of pico and chips to prove it! And he was right, it was the best! Coral Reef Inn is the best kept secret on the island if you're looking for a relaxing get-away without the mega-hotel atmosphere! The room/dive package with Dive Paradise was a great value all the way around. Before we left we took a tour of all the rooms so when we book our family trip in the spring we'll know what rooms we want! We will definitely return!

The Newtons - Lenexa, KS

We Had To Go Back Again! by A TripAdvisor Member

We had such a great time the first time we went that we had to go back again. The owners Cindy and Scott are very accommodating and friendly. The hospitality is tops! Coral Reef Inn is beautiful. Extremely clean and comfortable. On the roof you will find a full kitchen under a TIKI ROOF TOP. Every morning I would go up there to make some coffee relax and enjoy before our daily ventures. Then we would be off and running. We found great places within walking distance. Also within walking distance a place we found you could jump in the water and snorkel! Great Kodak moments. We have found our place and it is Coral Reef Inn. We will be going back again soooooon!!!!

coral reef inn is a must stay ( we loved it) by A TripAdvisor Member

The Coral Reef Inn is a great place to stay. The owners Scott and Cindy are very friendly and helpful. They are always willing to suggest a place to eat or get you anything they can to make your stay more enjoyable. My wife and I stayed with them June 17th-23rd. I would definitely reccomend Coral Reef Inn to anyone compared to the big all inclusive resorts. It was clean, comfortable,and safe. Scott and Cindy made us feel like we were right at home in Mexico. We really enjoyed the kitchen on the roof. I will definitely stay here again.

Read 124 additional reviews of Coral Reef Inn

Stayed at Coral Reef Inn? Share your insight.

Map for Coral Reef Inn Closest airport: Cozumel (CZM) 2.4 miles