Hotel Wilson

39 rue de l'Hotel des Postes, Nice 06000, France

Good

Value: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Wilson

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
A great little B&B in Nice by A TripAdvisor Member

My friend and i stayed at this little hotel in July for 4 nights.

We were unfortunate in having to move rooms for the last night which i couldnt really work out why. First room overlooked the front and a busy street. It is really noisy if you want to open the window. Our room was peculiar in that it had an en suite but no bathroom door on it. Plus the height of the bathroom was only a couple of metres so the top was open!

Our second room looked out onto the roofs at the back of the hotel and this was great. Very quiet, and a normal bathroom.

The plus points were that the hotel is right in the centre of the shopping district, near the tram to the airport, and not far from the beach, tourist attractions.

The host is lovely and couldnt do enough for us.

Definately recommend a trip to Monaco, we paid 28 euros each on a boat and returned on the train for only 3 euros so id definately say get the train. When you get to Monaco take the tourist train.

Beach is very expensive if you want a sun bed. We paid 26 euros i think for 2 sun beds. Which is horrendously expensive.

food prices in Nice are quite normal, but drinks are very expensive - the cheapest bottle of wine we saw in a restaurant was 20 euros. We paid about 12 euros for 2 small glasses of beer.

I would definately recommend this hotel - it wasnt anything special inside but the rooms were spotlessly clean!

You get what you pay for, but then I didn't pay much so I hate to complain by mattkorey

For Nice this place is so inexpensive it is unheard of. I paid 25 Euros for my room, granted it had no bathroom, it was right across the hall, which you obviously can't beat. However, one must align one's expectations with that sort of price. If you do that, I can see that you would love the place. Otherwise, it is a bit noisy and a tad shoddy. But the people there are very nice and accomodating and the pet turtle is nicely omnipresent. The only real complaint I would have is paying $8 for breakfast which consists of a piece of cold bread and a cup of tea. That's it. Oh well, only stayed one night and slept most of the time, so I guess it was good for that.

A Great Hotel by NativeInvercargill

My wife and I stayed 8 Comfortable days in this very handy hotel in Nice. The room provided had a small balcony facing the sun with a number of pot plants on it, a spacious bedroom and a small but tidy and clean shower and toilet. All the staff and the owner were hospitipal, helpful, cheerful and very welcoming after our 30 odd hours of travel. Towels etc were changed on a regular basis and the room made up tidily. The location is very handy to cafes, small grocery stores, the tram, the beach and flower market and the old Nice town. When you wanted a time out or re group during the day the hotel was cool and calm. We thoroughly recommend this hotel to those looking for a central friendly hotel without paying high prices.

good value, step up from hostel by unplainjane

We stayed at hotel wilson for one night. For the value and location I would recommend this hotel. It was only 55€ so it was a step up from a hostel. The location is very good as it’s close to the bus station and a short walk to the old city. The room itself was okay. Our room had a funny african theme. I felt more like I was staying in someone’s guest room then in a hotel. Our room didn’t have a bathtub. Also we were right across from the reception area so we could hear everything that was going on and could smell the cigarettes that were being smoked. I would request a room away from reception. It wasn’t too bad though as the noise was mainly first thing in the morning around 8am when we were getting up anyways, and in the afternoon when people were checking in. it was quiet at night. The reception guy doesn’t speak much english so be prepared to know a few words in french. Though he is friendly. Reception closes from 1–4pm so you won’t be able to check in at that time. The security system is funny. For the door to the hotel they need to record your fingerprint into the system that lets you in. my fingerprint didn’t work to open the door but my boyfriend’s luckily did. Strange. There are beach mats you can borrow just outside the door for the beach. For places to eat we went into the old city and there are many options inexpensive options especially for mussels.

A Top notch hostel at best. by lv2travel13

This place is a hostel at best. I wouldn't really call it a hotel. It does have a lot of character - for example the turtle that we found in our room upon check in!! He (i'm assuming) was really cute and we named him "wilson" after the hotel :) We saw him on check in, and it was nice of him to come by when we were checking out to say good bye :)

This place is nothing special. Small room, small bathroom. Old and shabby. Has a bit of character. The owner is suppose to be really nice but we didn't meet him until the day we checked out. The young lady working there was nice, but her english was limited

We didn't eat at the hotel so no comment there.

Basically - we are a young couple in our 20s and found this place wasn't for us. The price was good (55euros/night) but we stayed in MUCH better places by paying a little extra (65-75 euros). I would not stay here again, but i can see how it can attract other people.

Yeah a real shabby chic with a twist!! by PHILYEOH

stayed in this wonderful place after reading the reviews and I must say it did not disappoint!! In fact I had a problem getting a room but ended in one of the smallest room (Rm18) a corner room but it has this wonderful view on the back with a nice balcony with 2 chairs and a table. I must say the owners take pride in planting pot plants on these balcany and it gives a kind of wonderful romantic feel to the place, Breakfast is served (Euro 5 each) in this wonderful room fills with lights and plants and huge potted palm as well as 2 cute tortoises crawling around. The rooms are located on the third floor on a big block about 200m from Place Massena. we later moved to room 12 which has a Salvador Dali feel about it.. Some rooms have no bathrooms ( but with a washbasin) and some only with a showers and washbasins. I think there is only one room with shower, washbasin and toilet. The bed is comfortable and the room is clean and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. With the room ranging from euro 40-55 and the wonderful location you need to book in advance!! I gather that a lot of the guests are regularly and Jean-Marie and his team are very friendly takes great pride in this little gem and we shall be returning in due course!

Shabby Chic in Good Location by arsenalgirl

Stayed at Hotel Wilson with my boyfriend for a week in September.

Good points: Central location - the hotel is just a few minutes walk from the main bus station and the old town, and in the other direction a minute from the main shopping street. Everything is easily accessible & it makes a great base.

The decor in the main hallway is charming & welcoming, and the room itself I would describe as shabby chic. The building which houses the hotel is lovely and French, with stained glass etc.

Bad points: Our room was directly over the main road, and it got VERY noisy during the night. Traffic, music, street cleaning at 1am etc. If you suffer from insomnia don't pick this or any other hotel on a busy road!

The 4 flights of stairs up to the hotel can be a bit of a pain after a hot day! Fine if you're healthy but obviously not if you have any kind of mobility problems.

We chose a room with just shower and basin and opted to use the communal toilets. They were fine, but with hindsight I would probably pay the extra to have a toilet in the room, to avoid trekking past people in the morning having their breakfast.

All in all, not a bad experience for the money (we paid 48 euros a night). If you want an economical stay in a good location and want something a little different fron your run of the mill chain hotel, then it's a good choice.

Honest, Central, Good value by A TripAdvisor Member

Went over to attend a football match in Monaco, and stayed for 5 nights.

The reviews for the Hotel Wilson are generally very fair. I am convinced it rates so well because it is extremely good value only about 50euro per night. You should not go there expecting the rooms to be wonderful, because they aren't. Ours (Rm 7) was tiny, and whilst clean was something of an unwelcomed shock when we checked in. My wife really didn't want to unpack. The staff however and the location proved excellent.

The hotel is well situated for the centre of Nice, and only 5 minutes walk from the bus station, main shopping and Old Town, and about 15 mins from the Railway Stn.

Breakfast each morning e5.50 was just ideal. We spent most days taking a trip either by bus or train to one of the nearby towns or villages (Train - Monaco & Cannes, Bus - Eze & Cap Ferrat). We thought the bus at 1euro was best.

Eating out was hit or miss, most places we found were only OK but a restaurant named Grand Bleu (or similar) in Coeurs Salaya should definetely be avoided.

Hotel Wlson - great value but not somewhere that we would return to.

Great base! by campervan75

Booked the Hotel Wilson following the reviews on Tripadviser and were really pleased we did! Great location - 5 minutes from beach and only a couple of minutes from the main bus station (Gare Routiere). Really handy for the bus to/from airport.

Spotlessly clean basic accommodation and very reasonably priced. Hotel owner also very friendly and helpful. Didn't bother with the hotel breakfast as there were excellent cafes - both next door and opposite the hotel.

Only downside is there was no air conditioning. However, all of the positives far outway this and it would not put us off staying at this hotel again.

Excellent Value and atmosphere by satif

This was one of the best value accommodation I ever stayed in. Very friendly owners and very accommodating. Brilliant location, close to everyway and off the tourist track. Top top accommodation for a budget conscious traveller. Clean rooms and beds. Ecletic deco, a different deco in every room! And a very knowledgeable receptionist who is also the owner.

Great locaiton for a low cost hotel... by Celinebebe

The Hotel Wilson is in a fantastic location next to Les Galeries Lafayette. The rooms are basic but comfortable and each decorated with a distinct character. During our 10 days at the hotel, we stayed in 3 different rooms due to the popularity of the hotel during peak season. The security at the hotel is excellent, with access gained through a fingerprint reader.

Overall, the Hotel Wilson met our expectations as a low cost hotel in what is a very expensive city. Everyone there was friendly and helpful and the rooms were simple and clean.

The experience was marred slightly by the lack of air conditioning which meant that we were forced to sleep with the windows open - no one warned us the the mosquitoes in Nice had killer instincts and we both suffered night time attacks and rather nasty bites!

Also, there were problems with the WiFi which meant that this was not working for 7 days out of the 9 we were there. This was disappointing as it was one of our must-haves when we were choosing a hotel for our stay in Nice.

Good little hotel by maria99

This hotel is situated pretty centrally and is based around a 10 min max stroll to the beach (and a lovely one at that) very near bars / restaurants, about a 10 mins stroll to the old town. It was very easy to find from the bus stop we were dropped off at. We paid 65 euros for an en suite twin room which is very good value compared with the general price in Nice.

Negatives - no lift to the third floor where hotel is based and no one to really help with suitcases. The en suite was a sectioned off part of the room with see-through 'curtains' for a door (luckily I was there with my best friend - it would have been a little too intimate if you didn't know the person you were sharing with well! The road can be noisy at night. The room would be fantastic if there was either a ceiling fan or just a small portable fan somewhere. There were no draws to put clothes in, just a rail with hangers (for us however and our short stay, this was fine). Sometimes we returned to our room and no toilet roll was given. Slight leak in shower (to the floor). Think we stayed in room 17 (room furthest on the left)

Positives - the owner is very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and was decorated very nicely, it is compact but fine. Bathroom was clean and very tastefully decorated, value for money was good. TV in room (French channels only). Pin code then finger print recognition to let you into building which was safe and meant you could never forget your key. Situated centrally and near excellent bus / tram routes.

I cannot comment on breakfast as we ate breakfast out every day. In my opinion, this is a fantastic hotel if you are in Nice for a short stay with a friend or partner and you literally need somewhere to sleep that is clean, decent, centrally located and good value for money.

1 2 »

Stayed at Hotel Wilson? Share your insight.

Hotel Wilson also called