Prestige Palmera Plaza

Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Prestige Palmera Plaza

1 2 »
Excellent hotel and well positioned

"Great hotel with parking. Nice large rooms with comfy sitting area looking onto courtyard. Large comfortable beds. Free wifi throughout and helpful at the desk with cables if you needed them. Only downside was the TV was very limited with only CNN in English. The hotel staff also handled our booking at the equestrian centre and were very helpful and gave local advice. Jerez itself is worth a visit."

by ImpulseCheshire

Would recommend but.....

"Do not expect a 5 star hotel along the lines of something you would expect in London/Paris/New York. It is a good 4 star hotel.

It is very clean and welcoming with attentive staff and offers a good "Ask Me" service which helps with bookings and directions.

I stayed here because I wanted to spend the afternoons sunbathing by the pool area. And very enjoyable that was to. If that appeals to you then this hotel will suit you. However, if you are not bothered about sunbathing then perhaps you should consider a hotel closer to the centre, as it is a 5 min walk to the shops and restaurants, a bit further to the Gonzales Byass bodega.....but it is very close to the riding school.

The hotel restaurant serves good food and is worth a visit, but it does not seem to be popular, and therefore lacks atmosphere.

Rooms are a good size, and very clean. It was a little noisy in the mornings with the cleaner moving furniture in the rooms above, but I was being rather lazy, so if you dont' like a lie in this shouldn't trouble you too much.

by Niddy

A Curate's egg

"We were two married couples and had booked our 2 rooms back in April online and had our printed reservations with us naturally for the three nights we were staying. When we arrived on Friday evening, there were notices on all the cars in the car park to leave the keys at hotel reception as the there was an open air reception taking place there tomorrow and the cars had to be moved. When we went to check in we were told that they had no rooms for us! They had booked us into another hotel however! We politely pointed out that if we needed to book into another hotel we would have done so ourselves,. They accepted we had a reservation and they had it since April, that they had not notified us of any change ...but we were still on the move. We refused to budge, (I figured because of the wedding taking place the next day they had overbooked the rooms) and eventually we were allocated 2 rooms. Long story short. Bad start. One of the rooms reeked of cigarette smoke. Next problem was I noticed they offered a 6 day laundry service, (excluding Sunday). As this was Saturday morning and we had arrived from Seville I had a few days' laundry, so I contacted the reception. I was told no laundry today at all, despite what it says in their literature in the room, so as we were only there for 3 nights, and I would not get it back until we were leaving I skipped it. Last problem was that I took a bath one evening and when I pulled the plug, all of the waste water and bits started coming up from the U-bend in the shower unit! Horrible and very smelly. This is just bad plumbing as the level of the water and the pressure from the bath drove the waste up through the shower waste. Disgusting. (This is a 5 star hotel). Now to be fair, here is the good stuff. it is a lovely hotel and very central, so we walked into town every night. The Ask me service was absolutely brilliant and could not be more helpful. Well done and thank you Ines. The bathroom is brilliant as the shower area is a wet room beside the bath, so loads of room no need to worry about shower curtains or water everywhere. Would i stay there again? Yes actually. The plumbing is a fault in the construciton and I know about it now. The laundry service not working on Saturday is not too serious, and would not affect most people. The one thing I really fault them for is no manager arrived to help us or deal with our problem at check in. We never saw anyone senior anywhere at any time. There was a big society wedding on Saturday, (Jags and M3s in the car park the next day) and the Spanish owners did not seem to care about non-nationals being chucked out to make way for the wedding guests. Spacious hotel, clean, good location, and we were unlucky our stay clashed with the wedding."

by IrelandFrankie

Great Experience!

"We stayed only 2 days at the Prestige Palmera Plaza whilst visiting Jerez, we found the hotel to be excellent.

The room was spacious, well designed and very clean. The bathroom was also well designed with bath and wet room type shower. (We had no bad expereinces of no hot water).

The staff were extremely helpful, and the ASK ME desk booked a perfect dinner and flamenco show for us.

The location is very good as it is situated in a quite area but only 5 minutes walk to the centre. We did not eat in the restaurant as there are so many excellent restaurants in the town.

It is the perfect location - only minutes walk to visit Sanderman bodagas (however, we decided on Tio Pepe bodagas tour, the other side of town). The world famous equestrian school is again a few minutes walk from the hotel - and should not be missed.

Unfortunately, we did not get time to use the outdoor pool but looked inviting and although small was well serviced by sunloungers and pool side cafe.

Should we return to Jerez we would certainly returned to this hotel and would recommend others to do so.

by CandP13

Unprofessional staff - not a 5 star

"Got a good rate for a supposedly 5 star hotel (92 euros a night). First impressions were good - large comfortable rooms, pleasant gardens, communal areas, swimming pool etc all very nice.

After 1 hour things changed when I realised that the ground floor room`s French sliding doors didn`t lock and we wanted to go out for dinner. We were told that there was a technical problem with the lock and that as the hotel was full we couldn`t change rooms. They sent a waiter to try to fix it! After another hour he finally managed to do something temporary and we were promised that the next day someone would change the lock . IT NEVER HAPPENED!

On closer inspection of the room the furniture was quite tatty.

The next day the wireless internet stopped working and a noisy wedding party in the banqueting hall took over the whole place with loud music etc.

Overall this place has potential but is run by amateurs who don`t respect their guests. I wil try somewhere more central next time. Jerez is a beautiful town.

by Justino

good deal with some shortcomings for a 5 star hotel

"We spent 7 nights in this hotel in July 2008. We had a great deal since it was not the high season (appr. EUR 80 per night), so in that sense we had value for money. The rooms are big and very clean, the garden is fabulous and the pool area is very attractive too. The location is very central; less than 10 mins walk from the city centre. Staff are very friendly and most speak English very well.

The only issues we had were the following:

on Saturday night a wedding party was thrown in the main fiesta hall joining the garden. The music was very loud and since all the doors were open and kids were playing in the inner court yard until 4 am Sunday morning we slept very badly. The sleepless night was however subtracted from our bill after we complained, which was an adequate response from the manager I believe. But still you would not expect this from a 5 star hotel. Furthermore the morning hot water issue has persisted (see other reviews). The temperature was luke warm. I just think they run out after 10 am. We also found the prices of breakfast and lunch/dinner (set menus) quite high. We did not try them though, so I cannot comment on the quality.

There was no charge for using the parking garage, which is exceptional for a city hotel in Spain.

Overall we had a good experience for the price we paid. I think I would return.

by Ronald100

5 Stars it is not.

"I do have some issues with the reviews below, that make this place sound perfect. Every single review is recommended...I don't get it.

A 5 star hotel should be the pinnacle of superb amenities and quality and while this hotel was a good value, it was not without its flaws.

1. No hot water in the mornings. My husband and I thought it was a fluke the first day, until we noticed the luke warm water at times during the days that followed. On day three I called the reception...they never really replied with an explanation. I took a cold shower and noticed two hours later that the water was hot again. I think they simply run out, like a NYC apartment building. Shouldn't happen in a 5 star hotel.

2. Not everyone speaks English. While I believe that travelers should try and communicate in the native tongue of the country they are visiting, a hotel that boasts 5 stars should have everyone speaking English. I had the experience of calling reception and was put on hold until someone who spoke English was found. In fairness, the ones that did, did so impeccably. Especially the girl who works at the "Ask Me" concierge table.

3. No internet for two days. We were on a work assignment and needed to be online for a few minutes every day. We were told that it "should be working" in our room and it didn't. The person who came to fix the line spoke...surprise...no English and didn't know his way around our laptop. Whenever I called reception, I was told the guy who fixes internet issues "will be in soon". It started working two days later, out of the blue. Again, no call from reception, no one checked on us. They kind of didn't care.

4. Our room was large and adequate, but a few things could be improved, for example robes in the rooms (5 stars, no robes?) and a new television (old 90's box and half the channels don't even work). Things like that make the difference.

5. Staff indifference I felt a few times, when I called about the water and the internet, but also upon checkout, when my husband asked about items and charges on the bill (since it was a corporate card) and was met with a somewhat icy response, informing him that we had a "very good rate". Just didn't feel right.

All in all an adequate hotel, but not warm or attentive and not a place I would seek out again.

by NYorkers

Superb City Hotel

"A wonderful experience. Set in the heart of Jerez, next to the equestrian centre and 5 minutes from the main town.

A beautiful gardened entrance and excellent big room. High quality furnishings. Good pool area which is a big plus for a city centre hotel.

Staff were uniformly excellent, friendly, helpful, patient and spoke superb english.

Expensive but worth it. Never ate in the restaurant as there are many good restaurants in Jerez.

by gordonbye

Simply Perfect - Gorgeous Hotel

"I second what everyone else has said so far. Absolutely wonderful hotel!

We were going to stay for 3 nights, ended up staying for 5 because we liked it so much.

We too were greeted with sherry upon arrival. The staff at arrival were very attentive and helpful.

The hotel grounds are really pretty. Pool area nice and relaxing (but pool water too cold for me…but I am a cold water wimp!). The spa looked pretty good, though we never got around to using it. The spa has the usual gym equipment upstairs, and on the main floor there is an indoor Jacuzzi tub. Towels and filtered water is available.

The common areas are clean, carpeted and hung with interesting art. The rooms are lovely - comfy beds with really nice linens; beautiful spacious bathroom with lots of good swag (shampoos, etc); free in-room safe; mini-bar. The type of room we asked for, we got. Umbrellas available when it rained. Suggested restaurants did not disappoint.

BTW, the "Ask Me" staff were phenomenal - always patient, very good advice, good English spoken. Some of the best customer service I have ever encountered!

It is a little out of the main area, but if you don’t mind a 5-10 minute walk, then this is no problem. It is flat, so no up hill one way or anything, just a nice stroll. The area just outside the hotel is a bit scruffy, but well lit and we never felt nervous walking back to the hotel at night which was always after midnight. The area looks like its being developed anyway.

Do the bodegas, especially the Tio Pepe. If you feel like some English cuisine (if you can call English food in any form cuisine – ok, I am just kidding, plus I am British so I can joke), there is a place through the arches at the Armas called Churchill’s that is fabulous! If it’s still on, have the Tapas and Sherry sampler (4 sherry’s with tapas – out of this world). The restaurant is a little pricey, so you may want to make it your evening meal location, Other than the sampler, you can dine on Waldorf Salad, Shepards pie and other good stuff like that.

But back to the Prestige Palmera Plaza:

I highly recommend this hotel - very clean, comfortable, good amenities and very pleasant staff. You will be very happy there!

by Freedom45

Lovely hotel

"We booked this hotel on the basis of a number of reviews, and descriptions of this hotel (and others) and were certainly not disappointed.

Weekend in Jerez leaving the kids at home for first break away in about 7 years - Jerez chosen as one of the very few city breaks we could do with flight times that fitted in with getting kids to school first!

Flew Monarch from Manchester (no problems) then taxi from Jerez airport to hotel (14 E but 18E on way back!) Hotel just as I hoped it would be, elegant, cool yet very welcoming. Staff all spoke good English (much to our embarrassment as we tried our best with Spanish phrase book!) Room beautiful, stylish and cool. Lovely bathroom and 2 really big wide "single" beds to make a big big double which were incredibly comfy with lovely cotton sheets. Also 2 comfy armchairs and our own wee balcony with table and chairs and view over palm-treed courtyard.

My only complaint (and its trivial) is that there was no bathrobe as it said in the blurb! but I guess if I had asked they would have provided one. Also as the rooms have tile floors we did hear quite a lot of footsteps in the middle of the night from above and next to us (til they took their stilettos off!!) However corridors had carpet so no noise from them, and no bathroom or other noise.

We ate in hotel restaurant (El Marque) on the first night and found it excellent and not too dear at all in comparison to other places we saw. (66E for 2 with 3 courses each) Bottle of house Rioja was free with voucher they gave us on arrival!

Breakfast is served til 11am (very civilised!) and we found it very good. Lots of different fresh fruit (pineapple, water melon, melon, kiwi etc) bread and cakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, cheeses, yogurt, and many different hams, chorizos and salamis. Tea, coffee, mineral water, milk and orange juice to drink. Don't know price as it was included.

The hotel also has a great "Ask Me" service which is staffed all day again by people with very good English. They can book taxis, restaurants etc and for us she printed off the train timetable so we could go to Cadiz - really useful. (BTW train to Cadiz is 6E return per adult - nice afternoon trip)

Walk about 5 - 10 mins from hotel to town centre - first 500 metres outside hotel (to the right) a bit grotty but not a problem.

Jerez is lovely - probably not as well known as neighbouring Cadiz but we both liked it better as it feels like a "real" place. Not a lot of English spoken but some menus in English (and often German) and always helpful staff. For second evening meal we went to Gaitan (restaurant) Again lovely food (excpet dessert which tends to be very very sweet!) and very nice wine. over the weekend we ate great Tapas, drank good wine and enjoyed lovely sunshine. Didn't like churros (breakfast "doughnuts" but salty and fatty!) loved the market fish and veg stalls and didn't want to come home!

by weeherdy

A very welcoming, pleasant & peaceful oasis in a city centre.

"My wife and I booked a 4-day mid week break in Jerez and chose this wonderful and very surprising hotel from previous trip advisor views. We arrived before mid-day and our room was ready for us. Took the “Comes” bus from airport to the station then taxi. (Cost a total of 8 Euros instead of 15 for taxi all the way) We were presented with a complimentary glass of chilled sherry on our arrival. The hotel is situated almost opposite the Sandeman Bodega, the Real Escuela Andaluzadel Arte Ecuestre (Royal Andulusian Horse School) and Atalya Palace and Clock Museum were just around the corner. Its best to book tickets online in advance for shows at the Real Escuela, print off your confirmation, they don’t send e-mail confirmation as the web site says. The gardens of the hotel were a picture, full of exotic trees, shrubs, plants, flowers full of colour, well tended and absolutely stunning. White storks were viewed nesting on top of a neighboring chimney. The public areas were hung with some wonderful modern art paintings. Our air conditioned room was on the ground floor and overlooked the gardens, as do all rooms. Being on the ground floor we had our very own private outside garden terrace with table and chairs. We seemed to be lucky that week as every day we had the swimming pool and the rear gardens all to ourselves. It was like having your own private pool, just sharing it with the little birds (swifts) that played and sung around the pool all day. Unlike any other 5 star hotel you didn’t feel you were constantly on ceremony and were basically left alone to enjoy your surroundings and the relaxing ambiance. At the same time you just had to ask or phone and every need was catered for very efficiently with a professional manner. Eating at the hotel was very good and plentiful but expensive. We used the hotel “ask me” service both live online before our trip, and when there. They helped with the local city buses. (Pink in colour) You have to rember they are all on a one way circular system, so unless you plan the route and stops carefully, you end up on a magical mystry tour. We wanted to taste a Flamenco show with dinner one night, the desk recommended the La Taberna Flamenco, from other guests experiences, just a short walk from the hotel. We were not very impressed, the food was not that good and not much of it. The show its self was very amateur and not really recommended at 30 Euros each.

Had planned a bus trip to Arcos one day, but run out of days, maybe next trip.

A day trip to Cadiz is well worth it, (bus, train or part boat if you prefer) it is a lovely city. Very surprised, as somehow always got the impression it was a working port, which it is. But the other Atlantic side has lovely white sand beaches, wonderful old buildings, a pleasant mixture of ultra modern and ancient, including Roman ruins. Apparently Cadiz is Europe’s oldest city. We took the train from Jerez and passed what once was a sugar-plant building just outside Jerez, where storks had claimed the ruins for themselves, an amazing sight.

After a truly wonderful and relaxing stay at the Palmera Plaza, our return flight wasn’t till late. The hotel kindly allowed us to keep our room until 18.00 hours that evening.

Shall we return - Try and stop us.

by tumblewood

Excellent hotel.

"This is an excellent hotel - very spacious room with sitting area and a fantastic bathroom with 'walk-in' shower area. Pleasant stroll to the centre of Jerez. The staff are very accomodating - I made use of the 'ask me' service to phone ahead to restaurants (would recommend 'oh mama mia' Italian about 10 mins walk away).

The hotel itself is very close to Sandemans bodega and the Royal Equestrian school - literally just over the road.

I would not recommend you take breakfast in the hotel - it was an extortionate €32 for 2! There are lots of small breakfast places nearby - head right out of hotel and turn left at the small church.

I requested a late check out (6pm) and was delighted to be offered one free of charge (obviously this would be dependant upon how busy the hotel was).

Pool was a little chilly - snacks poolside were very good.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

by Carpo