Hotel Maiyango

13 - 21 Saint Nicholas Place, Leicester LE1 4LD, United Kingdom
hotel photo

Good

Service: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Maiyango

1 2 »
what the occassion required

"I booked the Maiyango for my graduation and my wife and I were very impressed, even the though you can easily walk past the hotel without noticing.

Aided by the sat nav we got to St. Nicholas Place easily but parking was an immediate problem with one way systems, automatic bollard control and the hotel was not clearly visible for a visitor.

After gaining help from a very helpful female taxi driver, we managed to find it, she even gave us an escort to the secure parking which costs £12 per day. Confirmation of your booking via email will state that there is an unsecure car park directly across from the hotel. As July 2009 it was a building site at the foundations.

Access to the hotel is two doors up from the Maiyango restaurant, a lift takes you up to the third floor reception; the breakfast area is also on the 3rd floor. Only a key card can get you access to the other floors via the lift.

Our room was exactly what we hoped for, a mini start to our summer holiday, a spacious bathroom; with walk in overhead shower and glass panel and the usual toilet fancies; sewing kit, mitt kit etc. A king size double bed, soft white slippers and gown with a 38" LCD tv, dvd player, mini bar, plenty of cupboard room and perfect location and the top of the high street then you can not go far wrong with this hotel.

Witherspoons is right across the road if you wish to have a few cheap beers and a lovely cognac and your book. You have a number of places to eat on the high street, we opted for Bruxelles, which we thought to be a bit stylish, especially with its painted dome ceiling consisting of place in the world; ex: Chongquing, China.

The restaurant is also an excellent place to visit. The food is excellent and with cocktails made from fresh fruit made in front of you be prepared to pay decent money to enjoy a 3 course meal and few drinks.

Breakfast as the option of continental breakfast or hot breakfast.

All in all it was great visit.

by Blairhoyle

Recommend with no hesitation

"Stayed at the hotel and ate at the restaurant night of 8 August. Hotel was well decorated and included the little extras that make a visit special ie chocolates, robes and slippers, bottled water provided. We were very impressed overall. When we arrived the hotel was a little difficult to find but a waitress from the restaurant took us personally to the hotel door which was a nice gesture. The receptionist was bright and bubbly and most helpful and definitely deserves a special mention if management are reviewing this site. Bar service in the restaurant was not good but that would be our only complaint. Cocktails (a speciality) were marvellous. The food that we ordered was superb - recommend the vegetarian inspiration - the best vegetarian I have had. On top of this they provided complementary soup which was superb and a complementary sorbet. Back in the hotel later there was a nice entertainment/reception room upstairs with a nice view of the city. Summing up, yes there were a couple of issues, slow bar service, lack of carparking, roadworks happening but overall would completely recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone."

by kiwiinengland

Truly fantastic hotel

"I'd been to the Maiyango bar and restaurant before and had a great time - good food, great drinks and friendly service. When I found out there was a new hotel attached I had to xcheck it out. Went for the weekend with my girlfriend and we both had an amazing time - the hotel is very stylishly desgined and finished to perfection. Everything about it says that it has been well thought through and executed. I would recommend this place to absolutely everyone from business travellers to those couples wanting a weekend away in a very sexy hotel. Enjoy"

by ollymatt

excellent

"best hotel we've stayed in.Stayed Sun night for £99,breakfast and al a carte evening meal included,absolutly fantastic,food out of this world."

by rosierampton

Chilled out, relaxing night away

"I took my Wife for a surprise night away from the kids to Mayango and we had a great experience. We booked a Suinday deal, which allowed us to stay for a night, have breakfast and a meal at the restaurant and I cannot find any faults.

The room was lovely (although we could hear the fans from the kitchen below until about 11pm), the meal was superb and a good selection on the menu and the recpetionist was excellent and very helpful.

Breakfast was superb and there was plenty of attention to detail.

Overall a great hotel and one which is needed in Leicester which is devoid of any nice places to stay!

We will be coming back!

by jamescLondon

Cute Boutique Hotel with Fantastic Attention to Detail

"I recently stayed at the Hotel Maiyango for 4 nights while I was in Leicester on business. Upon arriving to the hotel, I was exhausted from a long-haul flight and subsequent train ride. The receptionist who was on duty at the time of my check-in was polite.

I was given the key to my room and told all of the details of how to locate it. I checked into my room and was pleasantly surprised to see that there were quite a few special touches of personalization in my room. There was a kind form letter from the manager along with three cookies, a couple of chocolates and a bottle of still water waiting for me in my room. I was pleased with the attention to detail in the furnishings and linens.

For me, the most significant factor that allows me to wholeheartedly recommend this hotel is the staff. Although at check-in the initial receptionist was polite though a little aloof, the remaining staff was absolutely fantastic. One receptionist in particular, helped me map a train/walking route to the US Embassy in London and was especially concerned that my needs were met. I would definitely return to this hotel because of the attention to detail shown to me by this particular receptionist.

The internet did not work for my first two nights and this same receptionist immediately contacted the hotel owner to make sure that a technician came by as soon as possible to repair the issues with the internet since she understood that I was here on business.

I have extremely high standards for hotels and I can honestly say that I recommend Hotel Maiyango 110% to anyone who is willing to pay for quality service and a relaxed atmosphere.

by BusinessTraveler1983

Best in Leicester

"The best thing about this hotel are the amazing staff. The rooms are lovely and the restaurant is vell worth visiting.

This is the second time ive stayed and it wont be the last.

by indypindy

Excellent boutique hotel, perfect location

"We had a lovely stay at the Hotel Maiyango, booked on a special offer - well worth checking out their website! On arrival we were upgraded on the basis the first room we were in may have been a little noiser. We didn't even ask to move! Both the original room and larger replacement were large and chic.

The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Continental breakfast lovely, and the restuarant downstairs served superb food AND had a good atmosphere - not too stuffy given its gourmet rep.

Location right by the huge shopping centre also ideal.

Only downside is that in common with most city centre locations, you get a lot of noisy drunks on Friday and Saturday night (didn't bother us) and a rather unusual and extremely loud warning about the motorised bollards played every time a car enters the pedestrianised area opposite the hotel (happens every couple of minutes when the market traders are arriving at the crack of dawn on Saturday). No fault of the hotel and I think they're getting the council onto it. Anyhow, it didn't spoil our weekend at all, but if you're one who likes silence in the early morning, you're better of sticking to the countryside ;-)

Would highly recommend.

by SkimpyBikini

So good you forget you are in Leicester

"We stayed at Maiyango last week, and I can't rate it highly enough. Large stylishly decorated rooms, access to the private members and hotel guests only Glass Bar with terrace, free (or at least included in price) generous continental breakfast including croissants, yoghurt, cheese, cereal, coffee, smoothies, fruit and freshly baked bread.

The best thing I can say about this hotel is that it makes you forget you are in Leicester.

Oh, and the restaurant downstairs is sublime.

by flem007_uk

Lovely hotel. A real treat for a reluctant business trip

"Hotel very swish and trendy, liked it a lot. Rooms were big, large flat screen TV with sky TV and up to date magazines (Marie Claire, Grazia etc) for you to read through. The hospitality tray was well stocked and fresh milk provided. The bathroom very clean and big. Premium "white company" toiletries and a bathrobe for use.

Breakfast was sufficient. Continental with great coffee. I didn't try the restaurant for dinner but the menu looked fab.

Only let down was the noise in the rooms from other guests. The rooms have wooden floors and you can hear people walking around above you and doors shutting and cupboards opening. These people weren't loud and the hotel was not full, but the noise echoed right through. If I stay again, I'd ask for a room on the 3rd floor to avoid this problem.

Overall, I loved this place and would stay there again. I stayed there on a business and it made a real treat to an reluctant business trip.

by Lawyergirl25

Leicester's best

"Hotel Maiyango is far and away the best option when it comes to staying in Leicester. The rooms have everything from flatscreen TV to rainfall shower - and even a pillow menu! There are loads of little extras in the room - apples, biscuits, chocolates - and the furniture was designed and built especially for the hotel. The breakfast (included) is superb although cooked food costs extra.

The restaurant is fantastic. The decor is really original and everything on the menu exhibits great attention to detail. The cocktails are great and the food is superb.

All in all, a great boutique hotel - although yes, taxi drivers appear not to know where it is! Nothing is really beyond walking distance though anyway, including the station.

by ochy82

Awesome

"At no fault of the hotel's, I would like to say here that it proved REALLY difficult to get to the hotel from the station.

The taxi drivers in Leicester all appear to have no knowledge of the roads and very basic English language skills...!!

I had to phone the hotel, and relay directions to the taxi driver, who still insisted that the hotel was not where they said it was!!

(but then again, later a taxi driver took me to a very weird little place called the Jungle Club, which was miles out of town when I had asked him to take me to Jongleurs comedy club, which turned out to be right in the centre of the city!!)

All that aside, the hotel was fantastic.

Great little touches in the room including a personalised welcome letter and free chocolates... as well as slippers and really plush bath gowns.

The bed was REALLY comfortable, and they offered a service where you could choose the type of pillow you'd like!!

The bar and restaurant areas were fantastic, and they had live jazz there the night that I stayed.

I was very impressed, and would definitely go again.

It might be worth noting though that you would need to tell the taxi driver where the hotel is... so remember to say that he has to go around Holiday Inn and the Maiyango is in the square around the other side.

by B0DAI