Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central South West (Furzton Lake)

Shirwell Crescent Furzton, Milton Keynes MK4 1GA, United Kingdom

Good

Service: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central South West (Furzton Lake)

Good room terrible breakfast

"The hotel reception staff were excellent and our room was clean and adequate. The breakfast was dreadful, the worst I have experienced in a Premier Inn."

by Jane1706

A typical Premier Inn, clean, good value and perfectly OK for a short stay

"If you book a Permier Inn you should expect a room that is comfortable, clean and quiet and perfect for a stay of one or two nights. This one meets those criteria. It is close (by car) to Central Milton Keynes but in a quiet location. The pub/restaurant offers a reasonable meal at a reasonable price. What I like about Premier Inns is that they do not pretend to be 5* accommodation. The facilities are basic, but good value and perfectly OK for a short stay. My room was clean, quiet and good value for money. My only negative comment would be that the tables in the pub/restaurant were a little sticky (I think due to the cleaning fluid used rather than debris from previous diners). Also the pub/restaurant lacks atmosphere (which may not surprise some travellers, but I have stayed at other Premier Inns where; in spite of the low cost; the pub/restaurant has had a higher quality 'feel' about it)

My review is rated based on the price we paid (as with all my reviews). If you want 4 or 5* service and facilties, pay 4 or 5* prices (which I am prepared to do when I am staying for extended periods or on holiday)

Staff were very helpful which is a common theme in all the Premier Inns that I have stayed at.

by hropshire

Nothing´s premier - except the price

"Bathroom was dirty - urine stains on the rim and lid of the lavatory seat - looked like it hadn´t been cleaned properly for ages. The hotel manager offered us a room change and although the W.C. looked clean, the bathroom smelled as if the loo hadn´t been flushed for ages (I slept with the bathroom door closed, because the smell was not nice).

The manager offered us a free breakfast the next morning by way of an apology.

After the room change our bedroom had balcony doors which did not fit properly and which did not lock. The wind howled through the gap in the balcony doors at night (weather was appalling during our stay).

On the second morning the telephone rang at 6. a.m. because the hotel was having problems with the telephone system.

Hotel was a cheap place for us to stay whilst visiting relatives. I would say "you get what you pay for", however, we have stayed in other Premier Inn hotels and were fully satisfied with the quality of accommodation and service.

We will not be staying at Furzton Lake Premier Inn again!

by Nick187323

we had rooms 127,128 & 129 for a weekend...

"we had rooms 127,128 & 129 for a weekend in august as part of our family holidays.

check in was easy, rooms clean and pleasant. was suprised to see crt tv's. but they were freeview and did the job

hotel was a great base for our days out and breakfast was excellent on 2days but sadly atrocious on the last when staff could not seem to get any hot food ready. on the whole it was excellent but lost the shine at the end.

the restaurant was a two for one and we ate on our final night. food was fab but service atrocious. the girl overcharged us significantly for our final bill and actually asked us to borrow some paper to write down our order. i asked how much a coke was and she replied she did not know she just took the order!we waited an age to order desert .

in summary hotel excellent, Let down by the restaurant staff right at the end.

beautiful lake walks in the evening. a pleasant stay

by paulpebbles

Perfect nights sleep

"This hotel was clean, comfortable and more importantly, the bed was perfect and we had a great night's sleep.

There is tons of parking spaces and they let us check in early. The staff were very polite and helpful and we were allocated a room on the second floor overlooking the 2 for 1 pub and Furzton lake - it's a very pretty area!

The room was very clean and had everything we needed, including a note saying "Summer is here -a fan has been put in your room to help stay cool".

Considering we paid £29 and we have paid the same for Travelodges - I was expecting Travelodge standards, but this was far more luxurious. Small extras like hand wash and shower gel in the bathroom, extra pillows and towels and a better quality of bed linen, room decor etc all made this a better stay.

I felt very comfortable in this room and the location was absolutely perfect for the football stadium, which is where we went for an event.

Not sure why this hotel has a thumbs down? It was clean, comfortable, convenient and in pretty surroundings. Would recommend in a heartbeat!

by NottinghamLisa

It was ok.

"Let's see . . . The staff was friendly, recommended taking a taxi from the train station (£5), said that one could buy tickets on the bus, called a taxi for us, and offered tea while I was waiting for my partner. They didn't have any information about the buses and their schedules, which would have been very helpful. It was very nice being next to Furzton Lake and being able to walk around it on a nice path. There were also paths going into town. The noon check-out is good, and they have a hair dryer and coffee & tea making supplies in the room. It would have been nice to have a little fridge in the room. There are no stores or restaurants close by, so you have to walk about an hour to get to them. There is no elevator in the building. You pay to have a newspaper. The sink is the old-fashioned type, with separate hot and cold faucets. The chair and couch in the room were not clean, and seemed a bit too gross to sit on. The restaurant food was so-so, and as another reviewer said, not very healthy. The choice of not having a full English breakfast was good, and at least this was a healthier and less expensive option."

by kramer.is.crazy

Good for Business Trip

"I stayed 4 nights in this Premier Inn. The hotel was okay for me, everything that i needed was there. Stuff was friendly, clean room, not noisy - nothing special but okay. You have to pay the room on arrival - never had that before in a hotel.

Directly next to the hotel is "Lake Furzton". A nice area to walk and relax after a hard day in the office.

The restaurant is "okay" too - burgers, steaks, big portions but not too healthy. Same for the breakfast. They have good deals - if two adults eat, the second meal is free.

I good hotel to stay a few days, nothing more, nothing less.

by ThxDex

Did the job, well placed

"We were attending an event at the Milton Keynes Bowl (Take That!) and were aghast at how far away from the venue most hotels were. Fortunately by regularly checking availability, we were able to take advantage of a cancellation at the Premier Travel Inn (Central South West) Furzdown Lake, which is the nearest accommodation to the Bowl.

There was plentiful car parking for residents, Reception was cheerful and efficient, the room was clean, spacious and the beds comfy, with two pillows an in-room immediately available option. We asked for an extra toilet roll and it was brought immediately (2 in fact). Sleep was quiet and undisturbed, which the chain guarantees or your money back, and they succeeded.

A previous reviewer complained about the window opening only 4" and the pay-on-arrival policy, I would say the first is good for safety/security and the secnd, very useful for rapid check out.

Breakfast is optional but very good value, £7.50 a head for a full range hot and cold buffet. Most importantly, we were welcomed with a smile (that makes so much difference!) and a full description of the facilities available.

by Concorde2003

Reasonable Hotel - Poor Restaurant

"My wife and I lived in Furzton, Milton Keynes for 23 years until we moved to Tamworth. We returned to Milton Keynes to see our son and his new house. Stayed at the Premier Lodge. There is a restaurant next door that used to be run by the hotel but is now a seperate operation. Visits to the restaurant in the past were pleasant occasions. The hotel uses the restaurant to provide breakfast.

The hotel rather soulless with no public rooms. The restaurant no longer books tables for dinner so we had to take pot-luck when we arrived. A predicted wait for a table of 30 minutes plus sent us elsewhere - which did not please us after the journey south. Breakfast the next morning the same. A long wait. Again we opted out and ate at Wetherspoons in the town centre - fast, efficient service with good food at less than half the price charged by the hotel.

Use the Premier Lodge again? No way.

by A TripAdvisor Member

Read more reviews of Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central South West (Furzton Lake) at TripAdvisor

Map for Premier Inn Milton Keynes Central South West (Furzton Lake) Closest airport: London Luton (LTN) 20.2 miles