Park Hotel London

Good

Room: 5.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Park Hotel London

1 2 »
Nice hotel and staff yet the beds could do a makeover.

"We stayed for 5 days from the 9th to the 14th of March. We arrived several hours early yet the hotel was able to accommodate our early arrival. They sent a tea service to our room when we arrived. We were given a double bed and we thought the room very charming. Yes the hotel is older than its neighbors but nothing a little decorating wouldn't fix. I would suggest they invest in more comfortable beds for the rooms. I would also suggest they put in radios with alarms. I also think maybe converting the sitting room into the adjacent breakfast room to accommodate extra bookings for breakfast. The breakfast is very good, yet the hotel does need to buy more glassware to handle big groups coming in for breakfast. Buses 128,123, 296 both come to the hotel from the Ilford station. I would stay again but would ask for a egg cushion for the bed. The housekeeping did a great job of cleaning our rooms. Love it!

My friend and i met some really lovely people and recommend Park Ilford.

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 14 Apr 2011

Dear Char821 thanks for your review its really valuable feedback for us, we are committed to provide our customer a real value for money, I am very pleased to inform you that we have facilitated our room with all the said items, I sure you would visit us again to see our newly decorated rooms our new breakfast menu. Many Thanks Ahsan Latif Manager Park Hotel Ilford

by char821

Rooms need maintainance

"Myself and a friend stayed here for one night as we were going into London for a night out. I am very pleased that we were only here for one night!

After checking in we were shown to our room. My friend had mistakenly booked a double rather than twin and they swapped us to a twin straight away, which was great.

However, the rooms are desperately in need of repair and TLC. The rooms are very basic, which would not be a problem, however, so many things were broken or mouldy you couldnt tell if it was clean or not.

Bathroom very small, toilet didnt flush well, shower door didnt close, shower mouldy inside and wood on outside. Bath mat was wet before we even used it. Bathroom door if you shut it, it took 2 of us to get it open, one pushing and the other pulling! It was like something out of a comedy sketch!

Beds were very old and uncomfortable, you could feel every spring! Only one pillow, no extra pillows or blankets available and despite leaving the radiator on full from 6pm, when we got in a 430am, the room was still freezing, we slept in jumpers! The curtain at the window, wasnt big enough to cover the window, so light came streaming in. We were woken very early the next morning by the people staying in the room next door, which i know is not the hotels fault.

Our friends stayed at a different hotel - we wished we had too! They paid the same price at the Brittania round the corner, and there room was much nicer, warm, clean, much more spacious, flat screen tv.

Breakfast was ok, the breakfast room was full at 930am when we went down, i asked if there was anywhere else to eat, and was told to wait until someone had left. We sat on the stairs until a table came available. The waitress made no effort to speak, despite us trying to engage her in conversation. We cleared our own table and ordered breakfast, mine came and my friends 15 mins later, even though we ordered at the same time.

This hotel need some serious money spending on repairs. Im not after state of the art luxury hotel, its cheap but not at all cheerful! Just the basics, clean and comfy. Breakfast staff were not even polite!

I would not stay here again, nor would i suggest this to anyone considering it.

Many of the bad reviews are accurate, i wish that i had read these, before we booked.

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 14 Apr 2011

Dear Rockdog2 many thanks for your review, We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you, I have investigated about your stay and come to know that none of you didn't even complaint about your room otherwise we would had changed your room straight away like we sorted your twin room problem, even it was for 1 night. We have 24 hrs receptions just to serve our customer throughout their stay at the hotel, extra linen is provided only on the request of the guest, and I hope you would visit us again in future to see our newly decorated rooms. Many Thanks Ahsan Latif Manager Park Hotel Ilford.

by rockdog29

Very pleased with the hotel

"I booked late for a one-night stay and got a single room includeing breakfast for £25. The hotel was in good condition, fairly close to Gants Hill tube station on the Central line. The room was lovely, with an ensuite, freeview tv, bed, wardrobe with mirror, drawers and seats. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean with complimentary tea and coffee etc. There was also free wireless internet but I didn't have a laptop with me.

The hotel is in a great location, opposite the lovely Valentine's Park, and only a 10 min walk away from lots of shops, restaurants and food takeaway places.

The breakfast was great and there was a lot of variety. You could choose whatever you wanted from cereal, toast, fruit juice, cooked breakfast and it was included in the room price.

The only think which was a bit of a problem was that I had a few noisy neighbours, but that wasn't the hotel's fault, and during breakfast there was some repair work going on overhead which was quite loud.

Also, there was no prior mention of needing proof of ID or a £10 deposit for keys, but luckily I had both of these.

But all in all, I have a very pleasant stay and would stay again.

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 14 Apr 2011

Dear Nicolase many thanks for your review it’s really value able feedback for us, we are committed to our guest to provide them the best service and comfortable environment for stay, I am glad that you liked our rooms and enjoyed you stay at the hotel and I am sure that you would visit our hotel in future. Many Thanks Ahsan Latif Manager Park Hotel Ilford.

by nicolasentance

Good small Hotel - Ed and son

"The hotel booked us for double instead of Twin the kind staff sorted it immediately without any fuss. A good clean hotel with very good staff"

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 14 Apr 2011

Dear Boherbue thanks for your review about your stay at the hotel it’s really encouraging for us, I am glad that you liked our service and cleaned living atmosphere, I am pleased to inform you that we have 24 hrs receptions just to serve our customer throughout their stay at the hotel, I am sure that you would visit us again to see our newly decorated rooms. Many Thanks Ahsan Latif Manager Park Hotel Ilford.

by BoherbueCork

A Good Hotel

"Hello,

My opinion about this hotel are the following alineas:

from outside, It is typically english and inside is it old in good style, and i liked this (old is better and warmer then new). The People were friendly (the man who did our reservation, the other peoples who gived back the keys, and also the ladies in the breakfast room. (Very Good).

About the breakfast:

Sometimes were things not available anymore, but that's not a point. It could be that we were to late out of bed and there was choice enough to choose other food (and good food).

The time to wait was not long. that's a part of it. and friendly people.

About the distance to underground or shopping centre or bowling centre:

This was not really far to walk and good to walk. it was 10 minutes to underground. That's a normal distance for healthy persons and people who say it is far, they are not healthy enough. This is not the fault of the hotel.

So the hotel is exactly good build between 2 undergrounds.

About the room:

The room was a little small but i has a sphere that i liked. The beds were a little to small, because i'm too long. (not the hotel's fault)

The badroom was a little hot, and there was no ventilations, except the windows (you can open it)

X = That was the only negative point, but totally i'm very impressed.

Greetings from S Borst And AJ Van Lohuizen (room 6, from 11september till 16th september)

PS. Would you like to give a reply to my?

E-mail: s_borst@telfort.nl or ajvanlohuizen.hotmail.com

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 14 Apr 2011

Dear Sborst, I would like to thank for your feedback, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and liked our breakfast and services. We are committed to provide our guest the best value for money in town. I am sure that you will visit us again in coming future. Many Thanks Ahsan Latif Manager Park Hotel Ilford.

by Sborst

the hell hole hotel

"more like a hostel than an hotel took over 40 mins 2 check in becasuse the very un helpful manager couldn't find our booking refernence number so i had to pay a £1 to us the internet to print off a copy and he also tried to charge me the full price again even though i told him untold times i'd payed a deposit online only cause i pointed it out on the print out that he agreed the price i found him very rude and arrogant.......when we got to our room it was more like a prison cell mind u i think a prison cell is probably bigger ...broken drawers minimal bedding torn chair horrible decor very small bed meant to be a double tv didn't work no hot water no ventilation apart from to window right at the top very small towels no soap or shampoo.......went down to complain and get money back and leave but manager refused saying we had been up there 40 mins and infact it was only about 10 so we agreed to another room which was a slight improvement but still very stuffy plug was stuck in the sink no hot water no toilet roll didn't even stay the night please do not waste your money this place is a stinky hell hole with rude staff !!!!!"

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 15 Sep 2010

Dear sqeely Many thanks for your review. I come to know after investigating that at the time of check in you and your friend were extremely drunk and was verbally abusing, We asked you for the booking name and you told us your name but the booking was under your boyfriends name. That was the reason we could not find the booking because incorrect name was given. We than asked for the booking reference number which you could not produce, We asked you which site you had booked and you could not remember. We personally checked 6 different sites for your booking under your name but could not find anything (because you gave us incorrect name). We than requested you to login to your email and get the print out from your email so that we can see the booking and check you in but you start shouting! You than gave us the printout and we checked you in straight away without any delay. You had than realised that you had given us the wrong name and that mistake was from your side and you did not even apologize for wasting our time, shouting at us and being abusive. You asked for a room change after 45 min and not 10 min. And your claim that you did not stay in the hotel is wrong. You did stay in the hotel and liked your new room. We have CCTV to prove this. Staff was very polite at all time and was helpful. Many thanks for brining this to our attention. We have placed a rule in the hotel of not to allow any gusts in the hotel if they are drunk and abusive which you obviously were. So if you were to arrive again under the same condition you will not be allowed. Many thanks, Manager

by sqeely

Run like mad

"DO NOT STAY HERE

We booked through booking .com. Two doubles onsuite. Only one available and asking for more money, two upgrade. very run down accomodation in need of updating. Not worthy of one star!! and rude staff. Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 30 Aug 2010

Dear readingrose Many thanks for your review. I have checked your booking and you was explained at the time of check in that you had booked the rooms incorrectly. We were trying to rectify the problem for you which you realised afterwards. I am glad we had resolved a problems that was due to your mistake of booking incorrectly. Many thanks, Manager

by readingrose

If you don't have to go, then don't

"We stayed at a room for 4 people, got towels and such for 3.. everyday. There was a glass door in front of the shower, on the bed you could see the other taking a shower. There was a huge stain in the window curtain. You don't get a fresh bed linen and it was dirty. The drawer was broken. And the room was really hot with just one little window and to small for 4 persons.The button to push in case of fire was broken.. and we stayed in the highest room in the hotel. I don't recommend this hotel."

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 30 Aug 2010

Dear Traveller Many thanks for your review. I can reassure you that we have a contract with a linen company and change our linen everyday. More towels can be provided if requested in the rooms. Many thanks, Manager

by anonymous00746

AVOID AT ALL COSTS-TOTALLY DISGUSTING

"Paint peeling off the ceiling onto the bed.

Shower mouldy and unuseable.

No plug in the sink.

Bed bases stained really bad.

Beds with only 3 legs.

1 really thin dirty pillow for each person.

Bed covers dirty and with holes in.

Bedside drawers that wouldn't close.

Tv not working then replaced and wires left dangling dangerously below the tv bracket. Sockets broken and not able to use them.

Plug on tv unearthed ( very dangerous)

No wifi ( as advertised)

No hairdryer (as advertised)

Communal bathroom so dirty and mouldy so unuseable.

Spiders web on the taps in the bathroom.

Towels really hard and dirty (we bought our own in town)

OVERALL THE WORST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 30 Aug 2010

Dear ninnitrich Many thanks for your review. Even though we do not agree with your comments however there were indeed few issues which we have to pay attention to. We have upgraded our Wi-Fi and can reassure you that the signal is in all the rooms at the hotel. And the building has been painted and renovated to high standards. Many thanks, Manager

by ninnitrich

Good hotel. We recommend!

"We stayed 3 days at this hotel and I was very pleased with the quality of services.

Good staff. Good rooms and very good price!

We recommend this hotel!

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 30 Aug 2010

Dear Sylvinho Many thanks for your review. We hope that you will come again. Many thanks, Manager

by Sylvinho

You get what you pay for

"I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in July with my 3 sons. We used it as a base to go to Wembley and thereafter to see the sights of London.

I was rather put off by some of the reviews i had seen on this site but booked anyway as this hotel was by far the cheapest I had seen.

We arrived late, 11.30 pm to be exact but we still found a parking space in the free car park. When we went in we got a friendly welcome and the keys to our rooms. The eldest 2 boys stayed in 1 and the younger boy and myself stayed in the other. The 2 eldest boys got the short straw as their room was minging. It had a nasty, musty sort of smell to it that wouldn't go away but they didn't moan too much. The second room was better, at least odour free. It had a tiny en suite bathroom and the beds were clean & comfy. The pork free breakfast was ok too but the service was a bit off. The Ukrainian staff were charming but there were too few of them trying to sort too many meals at once but at £17.50 per pppn what are you expecting? I was very pleased with the location of the hotel. The Gants Hill tube Station is a short, easy walk away and the bus stop is just outside so there's no difficulty accessing Londons' public transport and leaving the car behind.

Ilford High street is a short walk away too so you can go down there for a drink at night time. This hotel has no bar, probably in keeping with the Muslim faith of the owners.

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 30 Aug 2010

Dear xdanny Many thanks for your review. We are glad you find our hotel in your price bracket and value for money. We strive to work hard to keep good service. Many thanks, Manager

by xdanny

Disaster

"This is the worst experience I ever had in a Hotel. There is nothing I could say to recommend it. Luckily I was not on a holiday and needed only a place to sleep."

Management response from ParkHotelIlford, 30 Aug 2010

Dear daddydunny Many thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear your experience with us. It would be helpful if you can let us know what exactly was the problem so that we can address the issues. However i am unable to find your booking in our system and very much doubt that you ever stayed with us. Many thanks, Manager

by daddydunny