Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach

4.5 star

Good

Room: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
holiday 5th august 2014 by Caz G

Hotel very nice and clean, on arrival recieved a plate of cold meats and cheeses which I thought was a lovely touch as we arrived there at 3 in the morning. I would advice anyone to book trips thru the hotel as its cheaper than going on the day to book.we hired a taxi for the day thru the hotel which was great value for money .I would advise anyone that if you go in dubai itself in ramadan you cannot eat or drink which is kinda hard going, but in the hotel your ok.the only disadvantage to this hotel its nearly 2 hrs away from airport not an hour and half it is more like 2 hours which is to far .all staff lovely friendly n helpful this hotel offers total relaxation and only once did someone take our sunbeds after our towels were on them in the afternoon .rooms cleaned every day and clean bedding if you want a chill out holiday this is a great one.pool lovely and I would recomend .

Don't Forget Anything !!! by PatriciaAbuDhabi

We booked a package by phone with the hotel but when we checked out they wanted us to pay for another package (and always more expensive). We had to argue at the front desk for half an hour before paying what we were supposed to.

When we left the room, I forgot an expensive skirt in the wardrobe. As soon as we arrived in Abu Dhabi I called them. After calling them 10 times and sending 4 emails ( even the main office in Dubai), they said they couldn't find it and even accused me of being a liar. They said to me they have a very strict policy about lost items.............................It's not to return them.

Something else you have to understand about the Leisure Industry here : THE CONCEPT OF SERVICE AND HOTEL SCHOOLS DON'T EXIST !!!!

Patricia UAE based

Good, but not outstanding by slox

Having stayed at several of the Al Aqah resorts the Rotana is newer and it shows. Although they try hard it's not quite settled yet. Rooms are not quite to the same standard to the Meridien next door, but this is reflected in the price. Service is 100% or 10%, there is no real pattern, just new staff I guess. Where we did have an issue it was dealt with quickly by the front office manager. Good pool with a slide for the kids, fitness centre just opening, food reasonable although slightly limited but with the Meridien next door thi doers open up the choices. Overall it's good, not quite the Meridien but then not quite the price....

very dissapointed by cherls

This hotel has a lot to learn from. the Meridian (next door) We stayed during Ramadam and respect the religion totally as we are in their country, but the hotel assured us (by e-mail) we would be able to get alcohol with our evening meal and the bar would be open as well, (after sunset) . This was not the case! They lied! No alcohol at all in the evening with our meals and the bar opened at 8pm .Well after sunsetl We are not big drinkers but like a wine with our food. The pool bar was completely closed during the day, we couldn't get water, soft drinks or tea etc. If we wanted a drink we would have to go to the restaurant and sit inside or outside behind screens. This was a ridiculous situation as next door in the Meridian you could get alcohol whith your evening meals and their pool bar and beach service was open throughout the day for soft drinks. We ate 4 nights out of 5 in the Meridian as the food, service and staff was second to none. The bathrooms at the Rotana were 3* and stupidly small. Food in the resturants were also 3* and the staff although polite were very inexperienced. This hotel has a very long way to go before it reaches 5* standard and I would never stay there again. I cannot fault what I saw and experienced in the Meridian, it was what you would expect and more! We were so fed up we only stayed in the Rotana 5 nights instead of 6. There is very little around the area and therefore you are reliant on the hotel to make it a good holiday. It was not good that the hotel lied to us about the Ramadam restrictions, there were a lot of very unhappy customers that week, not just us. We wouldnt have stayed there if they had told the truth. We have stayed in the UAE on business and leisure for the last 5 years and this is the worst hotel we have stayed in.

Always a Wonderful Experience by dcabildo

We just had our 3 day stay in this hotel for this week and my family were again happy and still in high spirit. For your info, we stayed there either 2 or 3 days a week for the past 4 weeks and my family can't wait til our next visit.

The staffs are very courteous, helpful and happy which will make you feel welcome from the very beginning you set your foot in their hotel.

Although, there were discomforts from the rooms like water leaks , clogged shower rooms ...etc. but these petty things could not ruin your holiday. Actually, the staff would be there right away to fix the problems once reported.

The facilities are clean and well maintained. The variety of food in Mozaique restaurant is good and tastes excellent. And most of all, not pricey.

The location is excellent and away from the crowded cities like Dubai and Abu Dhabi. You will appreciate the scenic view on your way to Al Aqah via Masafi. A very stimulating way to relax your mind after a week of hard work.

My family enjoyed our stay especially this time of Ramadan when the place is not crowded and athmosphere is so quiet.

All in all, we like the hotel, the pool, the beach, food and most of all, the people. See you later!

Lacking any "wow" factor................. by b00kw0rm

Over recent years we have stayed in several 5* hotels in the middle east and this one is the least luxurious. I thought the room was small and dingy and the bathroom was OK for one person but not for two at the same time. I didn't expect only to have a shower and was disappointed as I prefer a bath.

There was no attendant service with drinks on the beach and given that the temperature was 40 and the humidity 90, this was a big problem. It was Ramadam while we were there so the pool bar was completely closed and the restaurant wasn't keen on supplying water or soft drinks to take out. You have to take your towels back at the end of the day and this is quite a hike in the heat.

We were on an all inclusive basis which meant all buffet meals were included together with house wine and draft beer with these meals. However, as it was Ramadam the hotel wouldn't serve alcohol during the day and the bar was closed, even in the evening! (The Meridien next door did not close their bar.) We were only at the Rotana a week and on day 5 the bar reopened in the evening, although we had to go in through a side door! To be fair, we weren't charged for what we drank and we we also found a complementary bottle of wine in our room with a note saying it was to make up for the lack of alcohol.

The buffet restaurant is totally devoid of any atmosphere and resembles an office canteen. On the plus side, though, we found the food to be of a very high quality and with a good choice of dishes.

The staff are all fantastic - very attentive and friendly and given that this is still a very new hotel, they are its finest assets!! There was an earthquake on our second night there, which was scary but no damage done, and this was handled with great efficiency. As the week progressed, it got better and the problems I've mentioned didn't ruin the holiday as most of those that could be sorted out were resolved. However, there isn't anything that can be done to improve the size of the rooms or the bathrooms and the beach set up needs improvement.

It's a nice hotel but doesn't stack up with other 5* hotels - there just isn't any "wow" factor.

Didn't want to leave by SembPaul

I had to travel to Fujairah on business for a day and combined this with a family holiday with my wife and 14 year old son. We stayed for two nights at the Rotana and a further 5 nights at the Radisson in Dubai.

My family did not want to leave the Rotana resort. We had a suite (£75 per night inc. breakfast) where the patio doors opened out onto a private beach and close to the free water sports. The service, even arriving at 0400 was first class and the room was superb. Although the resort is quite remote, we found this place a great way to chill out for a few days. The pool was first class especially the sunken pool bar.

It was a wrench to leave but we felt we could not miss out on Dubai. People mentioned that it would be too hot in August but we managed the heat well and benefited from having all of the facilities available without overcrowding. Most days we had the beach to ourselves, what a change from the Med.

We all enjoyed our stay by Hewett_Party

What really makes this hotel such a special place are the friendly caring staff who seem to have the ability of making each and every guess feel special.

We arrived on 11 July and stayed until 18th. The hotel is quite isolated so unless you want lots of R&R choose somewhere nearer to Dubai.

Unfortunately my husband developed a back problem the day before we travelled but thankfully the staff helped him as much as they could and we were very impressed with the speed and efficiency of the hotel Doctor and Nurse.

The main restaurant is the Mozaique which serves buffet style fare and this is all of a very high standard with plenty of variety. The staff in the restaurant are superb and with the watchful, professional eye of the Manager, Abhishek, you will not be disappointed. We did eat at the Waves restaurant and although the food was excellent I think it probably needs to be more of a themed restaurant. Waves is suppose to be fine dining but to us it felt more like a beach cafe. The sea can get quite rough so don't be surprised if the watersports are cancelled for safety reasons. The swim up Tropicana Bar proved a great hit with us all giving a good choice of food and drink with constant entertainment provided by the excellent fun staff.

Would we all return? YES

Enjoyed our stay by NannyM

My husband and I have just returned from a stay in this Hotel from 13th until 20th June. The hotel staff were working very hard to clear up the beach and the Waves Restaurant after the Cyclone Gonu, however, you were able to use the beach.

The food in the Mozaique Restaurant was superb and the service was second to none. We were delayed arriving at the Hotel and the Restaurant stayed open specially to allow us to have lunch. Nothing was too much trouble for all the staff, and as you walked into the Restaurant you were always greeted with a smile, a lot of the credit for the excellent service in the Restaurant was due to the Restaurant Manager Abhishek S Negi, he certainly deserves a pat on the back.

The Bar staff were also excellent and welcoming and the group from Mauritius that played in the bar were the best group we have ever listened to. Our room was kept immaculate, but I don’t think you need to change the sheets every day.

All staff when they passed you albeit in Reception, around the Pool, in the Corridor acknowledged you with a smile, which does not happen in a lot of hotels. The Reception staff were also very helpful, we were being collected at 8.30pm on our journey home and the Reception staff informed us that we could keep our room until 8pm that evening which was excellent. Thank you for a great holiday.

MM from Twickenham

Still Under Construction by HoilidayExpert

Just returned from a week at this hotel 6th June to 13th June 2007, apart from arriving on the day when Cyclone Gonu hit the resort and totally destroyed the beach, the beach restaurant and boat house which resulted in the whole area being out of bounds during our stay whilst diggers and heavy plant worked from first thing in the morning to evening moving sand up and down the beach, it was like being in the middle of a building site, also no watersports were available during our stay which was one of the reasons for booking as they were all included.

Leaving aside the issue about being taken to this resort whilst a major incident was unfolding and not being given the opportunity to consider an alternative venue, many of the immigrant workers were in fear as some had experience of the Tsunami.

It is still too early to book this hotel if you want to experience the full facilities as advertised as they are not yet completed, the Zen Spa is still being built as is the Hotel shop.

It needs time to recover from the damage caused by the Cyclone and the construction of all its facilities, once all this is completed and bedded in it will be a worthwhile resort to consider as the rooms, service and food were of an acceptable standard.

A nice break but the hotel has some teething problems by hannahengland

My parents, husband and myself stayed at the Rotana for 2 nights, the second week of may. We were a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews however we decided to try it as we got a really good rate and it was a nice break to escape the hustle of Dubai.

We have been to Fujairah before and stayed in The Meridien Al Aqah (which is next door) for two nights last year.

On arrival, staff were very friendly and asked us to sit down whilst they sorted our rooms out, we only waited about 15 mins for our room and they offered us drinks (including champagne) and a cold face towel.

We were shown to ours rooms which were in block 4 - it was not in the main block, and was like a chalet style building. We had a nice view from this block as we could see the sea, pool and mountains.

The rooms were okay, clean but nothing luxurious and the bathroom was small (only had a shower but this did not bother us as it was over 40 degrees so I really wasn't up to having a hot bath!!)

We quickly unpacked and headed to the pool. We went on a Wednesday and it was fairly quiet and the hotel has a nice pool and swim up bar. Although there was plenty of pool staff they seemed a bit slow taking orders and got a bit confused. Also the pool bar shuts at 6pm, bearing in mind there is not a great deal to do in the hotel or Fujairah and most people go there for a few days relaxing I thought it should have stayed open later. On a plus side though we ordered our lunch at the pool bar and it was quite nice and reasonably priced (for UAE prices).

It was on the first night the problems began. On arriving back to our room after being to the pool we found our key card wouldn't let us in the room. This actually happened about 5 times, bearing in mind we were only there 2 days, it got a bit annoying.

The next problem was when we went in the shower, the whole bathroom completely flooded and water started seeping into the room. The drainhole in the shower is too small as the shower head is really powerful. We had to ring reception and they came and unblocked it. We just laughed about it but I had to wear my husbands flipflops on entering the bathroom so I didn't slip!!

When we were there there was a seafood restaurant and a buffet restaurant (the beach bar had not yet opened). There was a also a bar in the hotel.

As I dont eat a lot of seafood we tried to the buffet. I didn't think the food was that nice and the service was a bit hit and miss. Don't get me wrong the staff were friendly but you could tell they were new and inexperienced.

The second night we ate at the Le meridien (the restaurants there aren't great either but a damn sight better than the Rotana).

Overall we had a nice relaxing break but 2 nights here is enough. You can't really go to Fujairah and expect the standards to be as good as Dubai as they aren't but that is reflected in the price.

Having stayed at the Le Meriden Al Aqah though I would say the rooms at the Meriden are far superior.

Over the next few weeks they are sending some staff from the Bustan Rotana hotel in Dubai to Fujairah in a bid to try and improve things. hopefully the service will get better.

Nice hotel, during opening phases by ozzyh

Got a great rate for the ocean front king suite, and was very excited to check this hotel and suite out. We got there and the front desk staff were very friendly, although seemed a little green, and drive us to our room on a golf cart.

We got to our room and...it was very nice. I thought it was supposed to be the best place in the hotel, and although it was very large and had good furnishings, and great view of the beach, it felt just ok compared to other suites in hotels I've been to.

Waves restaurant was good, breakfasts were great, free beach and water activities were really enjoyable.

We used the dive shop that they were referring people out to since the onsite dive shop hadn't opened, which was at another hotel that was a drive away(definitely get a car since the area is a little boring and u'll need to drive around)...water was mucky that day, but apparently they said that the day before they had seen sharks, turtles,etc (although sometimes it feels like the dive shops tell you those cool things were there the day before and NOT the day you chose to go)

We were supposed to be in this hotel for three nights, but checked out after two just because we got kind of bored of Dibba and the area, it can be relaxing but we had enough of that after two days.

We went to Dubai, and stopped off at the Hatta rock pools(highly recommended), as well as doing the Dubai desert dune trip with Alpha tours, which was decent. Definitely get the 'Off-road UAE' book if you want to do some of your own wandering around, that book was a big help.

1 2 »

Stayed at Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach? Share your insight.

Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach also called

• beach rotana fujairah
  • fujairah rotana
  • fujairah rotana hotel
  • fujairah rotana resort
  • fujairah rotana resort & spa
  • Address: Al Aqah Beach, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates

Map for Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach

Do you own Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach?