Ramada Encore Doncaster

Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Ramada Encore Doncaster

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
Excellent value. Great hotel for early/late flight stay by carlaNorthYorkshire

My family stayed at the Doncaster Ramada the night before our early flight to Mincora. The hotel offers great value for money. We had one room, which was very comfortable for myself, husband and two teenage children. My son is in a wheelchair and the space in the room was fine for 4 of us and the chair. The sofa bed was more than adequate for our stay. We heard nothing, the room was very quiet . It was a 5 minute walk to the airport from the hotel which was fine and we left our car at the hotel during our trip.

I had read reviews about the food being poor and we arrived late afternoon and so needed to eat at the hotel. The food we ordered was really lovely. We all ordered something different, chicken curry, steak, salmon and new potatoes and my daughter who wasn't hungry ordered a tuna sandwich and fries. All the food was well presented and very tasty and we finished with a lovely cheesecake. We had no complaints about the price, it may be a pound or two more expensive than a pub meal but we enjoyed it and it was the first night of our holiday.

Doncasters Jewel in the Crown - A real hidden gem by PINKGILLY

We have just recently returned from a weekends stay for a family christening. This hotel is fabulous,excellent value for money , so refreshing, its clean, its friendly and is a real gem. I have stayed in many five star hotels that have not lived up to the Ramada Encore at Doncasters service levels. It was really a gem of a find and I would strongly recommend anybody to stay at this hotel if you are visiting the area you will be presently surprised. Thank you to all the team at the Ramada Doncaster for making our stay such a pleasurable one. you really deserve to make a success of it . the Ramada group should be very proud of what you are doing ...good luck and I wish you lots of success and will definately come back and stay when I am next in the area.

Excellent Accommodation for my Business Trip by bigburd

What more could you ask for? A clean, basic room with a very comfortable bed. Hotel staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. I had an evening meal and breakfast the following morning and both were delicious.

There isn't much nearby except for Robin Hood Airport which is about five minutes walk from the hotel but there is a very good bus service which takes you into Doncaster Town Centre in approximately half an hour.

Handy for the airport - bit of a walk to the terminal especially if it rains! by LindylooCleveland

We were to fly early morning from Robin Hood airport, so booked into this hotel. It is fine, basic,clean just what is needed for a one night stopover,with a week's carparking included in the price. However, if you wish for a good night's sleep in a dark room you could put a paper bag over your head I suppose or take a heavy duty black binbag to wrap around the absolutely stupid bright green flying saucer of a light which is permanently on all night. Whose BRIGHT (keyword!) idea is this??? Health and safety,I suppose. Let them try sleeping in this horrible light. Nothing helped. So our stay was ruined. All we wanted was a few hours rest before having to walk over to the terminal at 5.00 am. We might as well have driven overnight from home for the amount of sleep we all got. A shuttle would have been appreciated too, as the walk to the terminal was more than any five minutes.

Perfect hotel & EXCELLENT location by FayCharlstonUk

Stayed for one night before our early morning flight the following day. One word to some it all up - PERFECT!

Cracking hotel in a great location. by Addickted12157

I stayed there with my parents after visiting family in York and this place is quite a find. My parents stayed in a standard sized twin-bedded room (they said it was a bit small) and I stayed in a large and very comfortable double room which overlooked the airport. As a "plane spotter", I was pleased to have taken the double, especially because of the vista.The food was pleasant enough and the staff were very friendly. The biggest bonus for me is that the hotel has a bar which is quite well priced.

Great Hotel!!! by budgetboyUK

Stayed at this hotel the night before my flight - to be honest this is the best airport hotel I have ever stayed in. I have stayed the night in many airport hotel and normally they are dark dirty places just somewhere to save the long drive on the day of an early flight - this hotel is bright, clean and very welcoming.

The rooms was super clean, trust me I went looking for dirty! great in room tv - and the bathroom is amazing. The hotel is only a few steps away from the airport, and I did not hear one bit of noise during the night, the hotel has certainly bought the best windows out there.

Breakfast was good, loads of choice, well worth the price if you ask me.

All the staff I spoke with was friendly and very helpful.

I would stay over again for my next flight.

What a find! by martEdwinstowe_Notts

Decided to stay here night before travelling onwards to Sharm for a week in the sun, reasons for staying were at that time, the 8" of snow dumped on us during the week, and the imminent threat of further dumpings upon...

hotel was £45 room only incl pkg, and for an extra 34 quid you could have left the car there for 8 days - an option i will certainly take up next time i fly from Doncaster.

Hotel is located some 500m ish from the terminal [see pic taken from my room] and is an excellent location. the rooms are stylish airy and extremely comfortable. internet hook up and plasma tv par for the course,

a freindly greeting awaits you upon check in and check out...

the hotel also possesses a stlylish bar and restaurant where you can dine very well! i feasted on a hefty looking mixed grill which touched all the right spots!

But its the location of the hotel in relation to the terminal which wins it over for the majority.

I found the airport to be clean, pleasent and not posessing that sort of dreary in a delay sort of ambience...

But dear reader when ever i use Doncaster again [and i will] i shall not need the excuse of diabolical weather to stay at the ramada...i loved it!

Management response from Andrea010979, 01 Feb 2010

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It is really great to get feedback from guests and whilst we appriciate the negative as it allows us to make improvements, it is important that we receive the good as well. I will ensure your comments are feed to all team members. Thank you again for taking the time, I hope we will be welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future. Andrea Hippsley Sales Manager

Great Hotel For Airport by Shello

Stopped at this hotel for a night before our holiday. Great Hotel with Parking packs available and I will use again if we fly from Doncaster again - nice change to flying from Manchester. Hotel its self is quite small - but it does what it says on the tin. I found the rooms to be comfy and adequete for a nights stay either prior to departure or upon return. The rooms are clean tidy and well appointed with plenty of sockets at the right places for us girls and boys ! Beds comfy and clean and well appointed bathroom area.

All in all great value and excellant staff made a stay very welcome. Will use again as excellant proximity to the airport - can be walked - but is a little way if not too good on the old pins - but ok for us.

Management response from truebudget, 22 Jan 2010

Dear Shello, Thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us

great value! excellent location! by sunlovers123

The value for the ramada encore hotel was amazing! you are situated right next to the airport - and it only took us a few minutes to walk to the terminal the following morning. The room was very modern and comfortable - and we heard no noise during the night. we also got 8 days parking in the hotel, which is all inclusive in the price we paid.

excellent hotel!

Management response from rhads, 22 Jan 2010

Dear Sunlovers, Thank you for taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us,

Great value, basic hotel by Rich09Kent

We stayed with our five year old daughter for one night. The hotel is a modern hotel, simply bit effectively decorated. The rooms and facilities are basic. The room was a reasonable size with a double bed and a sofa bed and still had plenty of room to walk round. There was no wardrobe only a hanging rail (although as we were only there for one night this didn't bother us); there is a shower/wet room: the shower was fantastic, but we did manage to flood the shower room and the water did not all flow away!

Dinner looked expensive so we went out into Doncaster. We had prepaid for a full buffet breakfast which was of good quality. The hotel was generally very clean, especially the communal areas; however, underneath the bed had not been cleaned and had a previous residents rubbish (we don't make a habit of looking under the bed, but needed to retrieve something that had been dropped!): however, it was sorted out promptly by the hotel staff.

The staff were very pleasant and friendly.

For the amount paid (£65 for three B&B) we couldn't complain. Excellent value for money.

Management response from rhads, 22 Jan 2010

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. I have reported the issue with shower to our maintenance team and we will have this rectified, I am glad the team were able to resolve the cleanliness issue, all I can do is apologise for this, we do try to make everything perfect but every now and again small areas are missed. Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us.

Perfect for Airport by Glassford4

We stayed here for a night before flying out from Robin Hood Airport on Holiday. The hotel was immaculate and the room perfect for a one night stay.

Staff were very friendly and good with the children who were running about after a five hour drive in the car.

Only slight criticism - a shuttle bus or car would be good to get to the airport. The airport is walkable but not really with two small children, three cases and a buggy.

Car parking was included in room rate.

Very good value.

Management response from rhads, 22 Jan 2010

Dear Glassford4, Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor reveiw. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. In relation to the Shuttle Bus service, at present this is something we do not offer but we have looked into the possibility of running a service once the Airport start to run at full capacity, as you may understand, for us to keep out prices low and competitive the cost of this service would impact the great rates we can offer at present. Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us.

1 2 »

Stayed at Ramada Encore Doncaster? Share your insight.

Map for Ramada Encore Doncaster Closest airport: Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield (DSA) 0.7 miles