Courtyard Istanbul International Airport

Good

Room: 8.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Value: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Courtyard Istanbul International Airport

1 2 »
Great stay near the airport, highly recommended

"We had a great stay at the courtyard for a one night visit during a stopover..

Their shuttle picked us up and even though we arrived 7am they promptly provided us with a room. The Room was very comfortable as were the beds. They offer free internet in the lobby or in the rooms for 8 Eur.

The pool and fitness room were great... pool was a bit cold but very nice.

Overall I highly recommend this place for people wishing to stay near the airport. The staff were all very professional and helpful!

The TV had limited channels in English, only news if I recall correctly.

by chaimdan

Top Hotel

"Very good place to stay for Business in Istanbul. Very comfortable, near the Ataturk Airport and not far from the Yenikapi Ferry Terminal. My favorite hotel when traveling to Turkey."

by JHilpert

Great hotel for the airport

"I only arrived at 8pm and left early the following morning, and it was raining during most of my stay, but I wish I’d had longer to fully enjoy the Courtyard hotel at Istanbul Airport, as I was most impressed.

The hotel is located 10 minutes drive from the airport and a courtesy bus runs hourly between the two. An advertisement for the hotel and bus times was located directly outside the International Arrivals hall and it ran on time with a helpful driver.

The room was a good size and furnished very comfortably. All the amenities that I like were available – in-room safe, tea/coffee, tissues, toiletries, English language tv channels and the bed was comfortable. Wireless internet was available for a fairly modest charge. The hotel is directly alongside the main motorway heading from the airport, but there was minimal traffic noise.

Breakfast was comprehensive and the restaurant had a pleasant environment. There was also a handy “Market” selling snacks, sandwiches, drinks, etc.

I wouldn’t choose this hotel if I was a tourist to Istanbul proper, as I prefer to be right in the city centre, although it is an option for this and the shuttle bus runs to/from the city centre a couple of times a day in each direction. However, for an airport hotel, it was exactly what I wanted.

by Stevie390

Need comfort in a hurry? Choose anything with MARRIOTT in it. :)

"Had a one night-stay at this hotel for an 18-hour transit. Honestly, it's one of the best hotels I ever been!

Security was exceptionally good. Vehicles, regardless of shuttle bus, taxis or private ones, are scanned and checked before entering the hotel grounds.

Shuttle bus is very efficient. You can find the bus just after exiting from the Departure Hall. The shuttle works every one hour so, do check the time table provided at the airport or at the hotel itself.

The hotel is located 15-minutes away from the airport. So, if you're in Istanbul for transit or a short-stay and in a hurry, this hotel is for you.

Right before entering the lobby, luggages will be scanned. I find this very weird and inappropriate at first but then, I think it's for prevention, which is good.

The reception's very friendly and warm. If you made a reservation before-hand, provide your name or reservation number. As usual, the accept both cash and credit card.

I picked a 89 Euros type of room, including breakfast. Check the main website from time to time for promotions.

I had 3 luggages with me and was too tired to carry them all by myself. They will ask if you need any assistance with the luggages so, fear not. Leave them at the reception and your luggages will eventually be sent to your room in no time.

In order to get to any floors of the hotel, you will need your room card to swipe into a slot inside the elevator. This is very common for any Marriott hotels as it's made for security reasons. Without the card, the elevator wont move anywhere. So, be sure to bring it with you at all times (and don't lose it.).

The room that I chose was in mint and neat condition. Very clean and spacious for one person. The bed is of king size and I felt so puny sleeping on it (I'm Asian, so, I bet you get what I mean). Other than that, it was comfortable to sleep on, with 5 pillows! And of course, the room has AC.

The bathroom is slightly small. Half-glass window is a bit weird but to tell you the truth, I was surprised to see the floor had no traces of water coming out from the shower after I used it! Anything essentials is provided except for shower caps, bathrobes and room slippers.

Ironing board and the iron itself are provided, which you can find inside the cupboard.

Safe is also available. Like any other hotels, coffee and tea maker is provided.

TV works at it's best, 26" flat-screen. Movies and certain medias are pay-per-view though they do have cable channels.

Wi-Fi is FOC in the lobby (for 60 minutes) but for a fee in the room.

Breakfast at Oleo Pazzo Restaurant was exquisite. The food provided is of variations and waiters are very affable and helpful. The atmosphere and the interior are nice and simple, with good music playing on the background. Honestly, I had a great breakfast mood through out that morning, considering I'm not a morning person. :)

There's an indoor-pool located one floor below the Concierge, which operates from 6am to 10pm. Health Center is also on the same floor but I'm not sure how much it costs.

Shuttle bus to the airport starts at 6am. Bus won't be around at 10am-11am as it will be in the city for tour. There's a short tour down town available and it requires signing up while checking in.

In general, I enjoyed my short stay at this hotel and never felt so honored like this before.

One of the things I like the most about the hotel is that the workers are clad in suits. I love this sort of sophistication and for a 4-star hotel, I'm highly impressed.

Workers are well-trained with communication and services and there's sincerity and warmth each time they greet the customers. They deal with any situations with utter professionalism. Good job, Marriott! Keep it up! :)

by franique

Good airport hotel

"Spotlessly clean, the Courtyard is five minutes from arrivals at Istanbul airport with a free shuttle. The rooms are spacious, well-appointed and come with a clean and adequate shower only bathroom (although I'd have expected a tub-combination - good for a soak after a long flight).

The bedding is ok although not up to the Marriott's usual 'Revive' standards - a little too hard.

Service was flawless and very friendly, although the promised wake-up call never came (thankfully my mobile phone woke me up in time for my onward flight).

Food in Oléo Palazzo was nothing special and rather expensive (particularly drinks - beware!).

Gym and pool are great, treatments in spa too expensive, although a 10% discount is given for hotel guests.

All in all, great value for money and up to Courtyard's standards.

by travellingmac2000

Great airport hotel

"We chose to stay here for an overnight layover for our trip from the Turkish provinces back to the U.S., and we're glad we did. Hotel is new, modern and comfortable, much nicer than your average Courtyard in the U.S. We got a great night's rest here before our flight. On-site restaurant is kind of expensive, but the food is very good. If you plan on having breakfast, select the bed and breakfast option at the time you make your reservation, as the additional charge for this option is much less than you will pay if you decide to order breakfast in the restaurant."

by williedillo

Best Airport Hotel, So-So Staff

"The Marriott Courtyard offers one of the best opportunities for airport hotels near Ataturk. We picked it based on known brand and price, paying around US$110 on Expedia. It was worth well more than that!

The hotel is relatively new. Everything was spotless and our room was huge with one of the most comfortable beds of the trip. We were a late arrival but able to still get into the restaurant after 10 p.m. Food was fantastic and reasonably priced (drinks were very over priced in restaurant). There's also a market behind the front desk with very reasonably priced beer, water, etc.

Our only complaint was the front desk staff. There's a lot going on at a hotel like this. We found staff consistently multi-tasking and not really paying attention to the guests in front of them. It was really annoying and difficult to deal with. Restaurant staff was fantastic.

There's also a free airport shuttle every hour. Or a tax is just 15 Turkish lira (less than US$10). They also run the shuttle downtown in morning with return in afternoon.

Highly recommend.

by TumbleweedandCactus

Nice hotel

"I stayed at this hotel while in transit through Istanbul and will stay again. This is a new hotel with helpful and freindly staff. Food is good with plenty of choice at reasonable prices. Nice touches in the room like a coffee filter, ironing board plus iron and good internet access...all free! I really could not find any bad points to speak of. Security is very high from the road enterance to reception. Expect you car or taxi to searched at the road enterance and then cases X-rayed in reception...no more that a few minutes.

As this is a new hotel you will need the full address plus hotel phone number, as most for taxi drivers are unaware of this hotel location.....show them a photo and address and the problem is solved.

by Petebu

The Courtyard Saved Us During the Vocano Fiasco

"We booked the Courtyard from the Ataturk airport without reading reviews. We got a nice weekend rate of 89 euro, which included breakfast for two. The rate went to 109 later.

The hotel is in a remote location- nothing really around it.

We went to check in early, having been at the airport since 5:30 a.m. Front Office Supervisor Barish Teksin got us a room within 10 minutes, despite how early it was. Mr. Teksin was helpful and friendly during our stay, as were all the employees.

Details: Front of hotel had barriers with each and every car undercarriage, including their own van, checked with a mirror for bombs. There was airport-like security entering, although one of the security men let a woman in a burka come in w/o going through the metal detector. When I pointed it out to him, he said she'd been there before. 1) How did he know? Not even her eyes were visible, and 2) She could easily have brought something in after the first time, couldn't she? I mentioned that, but I don't think he understood. This security is necessary considering that Marriotts have been bombed in Middle East countries. I hope management will make sure this does not continue. To be effective, everyone should go through security every time.

The lobby area had a lounge with very expensive drinks, but 2 for 1 at 5-7pm. There was a small area to sit and watch the board with flights listed. There was a three computer area where you could use the computer for 10 TL per hour. WiFi was free throughout the hotel. There is a small store with snacks and a few other amenities, but you can get them across the street for local prices. VERY expensive. No need to buy bottled water- they provide two bottles per day in the fridge. They will give you more if you ask.

We ate breakfast daily. There was a huge selection covering most world tastes for breakfast. Eggs made to order, too. Very nice, although very busy the mornings we were there. We had dinner there three nights, too. We enjoyed all the food except the Greek salad. It was bitter and almost nothing but lettuce. I complained and was offered complimentary after coffee/tea/ and/or dessert, which made me feel a little better. Dinner service was friendly and attentive.

There was a sauna, pool, fitness in the basement. All very nice. Massage was pricey but fabulous.

The entire hotel was immaculate. Very good housekeeping. The man who tended to our room did a nice job keeping it clean. I wish I could have taken him home. While the shower only had a half screen made of glass, no water escaped. Towels were large and abundant. Toiletries were house brand and were sparce- no lotion or mouth wash. All surfaces were polished everyday- not a waterspot in sight.

As others have mentioned, the AC would not go below 25, even though it was cooler than that outside. It was okay, but I like it cooler for sleeping. Maintenance came 4 or 5 times to "fix" it, but it became apparent talking with others that nothing was going to happen- we all had the same temperature. They make a good show of fixing it, but they know full well this is a systemic problem. Still, it would not keep me from booking again here.

Shuttle service starts at 6:00 and goes to midnight, but there are a couple of times (10am, 4pm and 5pm) when the shuttle does not go to the airport because they are doing runs into the city. When I was at the airport and asked for them to send the shuttle, they told me to take a taxi as it wasn't available. This was 9 TL, but the driver did have to ask for directions from the guy in charge of the taxi queue. The shuttle goes into Sultanahmet at 9:00 and returns at 16:45. This makes the hotel acceptable (although not ideal) for visiting the city. You can also take the metro and then tram from the airport if you miss the shuttle. It is VERY easy and inexpensive, but time consuming. Be aware that airport shuttles from other hotels WILL take you to the Courtyard if they are empty. They do it for the tip, so whatever you give them seems to be fine. The hotel also called the airport's own shuttle to drive me a few times from the hotel to the airport, and that was free.

Service was exceptionally good at this hotel. Keep in mind they were fully booked with a bunch of us grouchy travelers stranded due to the volcano. Nevertheless everyone went out of their way to be patient, kind, and helpful. All front employees and waiters spoke decent English, some quite good. Even housekeeping had the necessary vocabulary to help out if you wanted another soap or towel. Wait staff played with the children of a tired mother of three when they weren't busy with clients. Whoever hires here hires people who sincerely want to make the customers happy.

I would definitely stay here again if I needed to be at the Ataturk airport, and I would want my mother to be here if she were stranded in Istanbul for 5 days!

by Rhine-and-Roses

Nice hotel but area is not attractive

"If you don't plan to put your head outside the door between arrival and departure, then the Courtyard will suit perfectly. However if your plans include fresh air, a stroll or eating somewhere else, then I don't recommend it as the hotel is in an industrial area and there is nothing nearby except trucks and warehouses. There are other airport hotels in nicer spots.

I had a problem with the internet connection in my room, but my laptop worked fine in the lobby. Different log-on procedures for both; I don't know why they make it harder for paying guest to use it than people walking in off the street but given the location, maybe they don't get many of the latter.

One other quibble; the airport shuttle operates only once an hour which isn't much use if you miss it by 10 minutes on arrival. I wasn't prepared to wait another 50 so took a taxi. The driver had never heard of the hotel but a despatcher told him and after another check at a petrol station he found it OK. On the way back to the airport, the 09.00 shuttle was late arriving at the hotel and some passengers had tight check-in times. After we made a fuss they put us on a bus they had planned to give to a group going shopping! It seemed a bit casual - surely its the one thing an airport hotel needs to get right.

by Gerry96

Great hotel for Transit, wish we had more time to enjoy

"We were transiting from Cairo and had only about 6 hours so we booked the courtyard. Blown away with how clean and easy the hotel was. Very modern reminded me of a danish hotel. We ate at the restaurant buffet and it was great. They have computers available in the lobby for flight check ins. Rooms are big, clean comfortable and the TV's have the flight status for all flights at the airport. The hotel was quiet. They have free shuttle from the airport. our only complaint is that the free shuttle starts ant 6:00 am and that was too late for us to use. Not a huge deal because cab was about $10.00 and the hotel called it for us at 3:30 am. The hotel is not near any of the places you would want to visit but couldn't find a better place to use as transit.

There is a pool but we didn't have time to enjoy.

by carrollkvn

Service is very good and escape dining package is a decent value

"The Courtyard just opened this year - the rooms/carpets still smell new.

Service is excellent - staff work hard to care for guests. Food is very good at the main restaurant.

Rooms are large and comfortable. I really enjoyed my layover here, including having the pool & sauna to myself during the daytime (sometimes crowded in the evenings).

*Hotel is somewhat expensive & not near dining (except McDonald's). However, look for a package deal called the Escape Dining package: includes dinner & breakfast for not much more than the regular room rates.

BEWARE - the free shuttle van only comes once per hour from the airport - and there is a period in the morning & in the afternoon where there is no pickup because the van goes downtown. Confirm the shuttle schedule ahead of time.

*Downtown shuttle is good for shopping and sightseeing - and you can take the shuttle to the airport to take the metro.

by IntlTvlr

1 2 »

Map for Courtyard Istanbul International Airport Closest airport: Istanbul Sabiha Gocken International (SAW) 4 miles