Days Hotel Manchester City

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Days Hotel Manchester City

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
very spacious by natalie30904

well i read the reviews but due to Take that performing on the 15th December we were stuck for choice so i booked the days inn, and tbh i was a bit dubious after reading reviews off here, but i have to admit, I was very impressed, i suppose cos we had room 325!!!! a corner room, for the price it was fab, spacious with a lounge a tele on the wall what more could we ask for!!!!!

Ask for this room if you want to book, it was massive and very clean!!!!

I will be booking again when i go to see girls aloud in the summer!!!

days gone by by FoxyLady64

Not the most inspiring place to stay. Area seems a bit dodgy especially late at night.

As it's a hotel for reps & conferences you may get to stay in a work zone room like we did.Right next to the boardroom.

All night we got banging doors, noisy guests and a flute being played at 8am Sunday morning.

Told reception who could do nothing about it as we should have reported it in the night?MMMMMM all i wanted was to sleep.

Loneliness and Sea Men by sarahandpaul99

Stayed at this shrine to Alan Partridge on business. Clean enough but a deeply depressing experience. OK if you are on a budget but otherwise no frills or anything positive to say.

Seems to share grounds with a student halls of residence, consequently quite noisy late at night.

To quote Daniel Kitson, the rooms smell of loneliness and the stale **** of a thousand businessmen..........

Great location, great staff by HorsesItch

This was a great place to locate for visiting Manchester. I just walked a couple of blocks to the theatre and the next day to the shops. The hotel staff couldn't do enough, the rooms are modern and very comfy and the breakfast is to die for!! Very much recommended

Not worth it by hitchhiker72

I read all the negative comments but still booked it for a night, thinking I needed to stay only a night for a meeting at Manchester University the next day. It is indeed a converted hall of residence but I could live with that.

The room was okay, a single bed against a wall; the bathroom was small-ish but functional. However, the sound insulation is totally atrocious. I could hear every door on the floor slam and every shuffle and whisper. Now I'm not a light sleeper by any means but I was woken up a number of times in the middle of the night. In the morning, from about 7:30 or 8:00 am onwards when the conference guests staying there started emerging from the rooms, it was completely impossible to snooze, even though I had planned to wake around 9:00am.

For the £70 advertised, it's totally not worth the price. I've stayed at a travelodge, and premier inn type hotels for less money, more comfortable beds, and quieter rooms. I might have paid about £30 for Days (incidentally they advertise themselves as "best value under the sun" - not so!), but for £70 go elsewhere. Whether a tourist or a business traveller, your sleep is important.

keep looking by unbais

Hotel is a converted dorm. You are staying in a university dorm that has a hotel sign attached to the front door. Great location nearby school and train station BUT the room is ridiculously small. The shower was clogged & again very small. You had to tuck a curtain in the basin of this p.o.s. shower so you didn't flood out the room but the ankle deep water made it overflow anyway so I guess you shouldn't take heed to the warning sign about the dumb curtain. Maid service must not exist at this hotel since room service NEVER came by to maintain the room. You have to pay for an internet connection. The room had fleas (no joke!)- shower basin was full of them becasue I left bath light on at night and so I am under the assumption pets are allowed. I didn't spend much time at the hotel so I was ok but if I traveled with my spouce we would have checked out immediately due to the size of the room (we would have been [--] trying to get dressed in the AM) The place was barrren with any life. Bar & dinnning area was empty. Missed breakfast due to service starting at 7 AM so I can not comment on that. Front receiption was open very late and can get you a warm bottle of water if you desire since the room you are staying in is too small to accomodate even the smallest of fridges.

Better budget hotels nearby by thestonna

Stayed at the Days Hotel for one night. There are better budget hotels in Manchester. It was really noisy during the night I think the walls were a bit thin. The location was quite good but the Premier Travel inn and the Jury's are better value. At the Days they wanted £8.95 for breakfast per head expensive. The only bonus was that the parking was onlt £2.00 per day on Charles Street for Saturday and Sunday one to make note of if you are staying nearby you will not beat that for price.

Ok conference hotel by Sillstryparn

No charm and not in the absolute city centre. But for visitors to Manchester University it is a good, simple, reasonably priced and well-kept modern business hotel. We got a large "work space" room (no 325) which was very good also for representation. Helpful but somewhat slow service in the reception.

Excellent Location & Good Value by AndrewIrl

Recently stayed there last week whilst attending a football match on the Sunday. Arrived on the Saturday and stayed until the Monday. Working in a hotel myself, I found the hotel staff to be very friendly, helpful and courteous. (Especially the Night Porter - for those extra biscuits etc.. when i was hungry through the nght!) I was able to leave my luggage as room was not ready, and also again on checkout as I explored the city for the day. I would definately return here each time I am over for football matches and /or indeed any other time I am over. I found this hotel to be very good value for money and the location is excellent as you are very close to whats happening around at night time. The train station is only a ten minute walk and I found this to of ease to get to. All in all a good hotel, and I would reccommend it highly. Thanks!!

Try somewhere else by Elise2929

This hotel looks ok and appears modern but try somewhere else. The rooms are very small, the rooms have things you need but everything is small and dated. The room size doesn't normally bother me but I felt very trapped and just a single bed. I think the property is attached to a student building as we were woken at 5am with the fire alarm going off, there were no staff walking around the building afterwards to let guests know what happened so you felt very unsure. I was told the next morning by one guest that it was students burning toast!!! weird i thought this was a hotel. The next morning nothing was said which i think was poor. There is a ibis 2mins away that looks much better and at £50 with no breakfast i was very disappointed by the whole night.

Does what it says on the tin! by LizaY

Stayed at this hotel the night of 4th June 2006. Mum and I were in Manchester to see Bon Jovi at the City of Manchester Stadium so I was looking for accommodation at that side of the city. Couldn't fault the location of the hotel at all - round the corner from Picadilly (where the rail link from the airport comes into) and a 10 minute walk from the shop. It was about a 20 minute walk from the Stadium which wasn't too bad at all.

The hotel is clean enough but it's starting to show some fraying round the edges with bashed walls, etc. We had breakfast included in the price of our accommodation but it wasn't anything exciting and was quite cold and tasteless by the time we got there.

We weren't at the hotel for a great amount of time so it was perfect for our stay but if you are planning on staying in Manchester longer it might be worth paying more to get a better standard.

Good for very modest cost by johanna0425

This hotel is also known as the Manchester Conference Center and has some affiliation with the University. Perhaps this is why my room reminded me of a dorm room in its furnishings and size. The bathroom was TINY, with a shower only. Sink had double taps with scalding hot water. The hallways to the rooms were like a rabbit warren.

On the other hand, the public areas were very nice, with a lovely conservatory lounge. Internet access available at a modest cost. Breakfast was a generous, but average, buffet. Rather spenny at 9GBP, when not included with the room.

Good location, close to the train station.

All in all, a perfectly acceptable place to stay when you're watching your spending.

1 2 »

Stayed at Days Hotel Manchester City? Share your insight.

Days Hotel Manchester City also called