Halomy Hotel

hotel photo

Good

Room: 5.5/10
Food: 4.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Halomy Hotel

1 2 37 »
not a good hotel

"Just came back home after spending 10 nights at this hotel and all I can say is do not go and stay at this hotel its that bad the rooms are dirty the towels are like floor cloths the food is the same every day the pool has tiles missing and a few people had cut feet the air com in the rooms keeps you a wake its like sleeping on a building yard so loud its not a 3 star its a no star the drinks are warm and local cheap spirit the manager was not helpful the staff was all very nice and worked so hard."

• Holiday details: Oct 2013
  • Advice: just do not go to this hotel
by Jill S

Not as advertised. Disgusting!

"Completely mislead by the photos on the internet. This hotel is filthy, the room we stayed in had a broken mixer tap, the sink leaked, bed was nailed together, unit was falling off the wall, the water was brown, bedding not changed in 2 weeks, no cleaning done at all! Had to tip just to get clean towels and a loo roll!!

Food shocking- reheated constantly throughout the day then served up the day after as well! Cockroaches in dining room, leftover food put with 'fresh'. Both my husband and I ended up ill for 4 days. Pool dirty, rubbish all over, mice and cats everywhere!

Would not ever go back if I were paid to. AVOID!!!!!!

by Sharon1960

nightmare!!

"just come back from a 2 week stay at the halomy...worst hotel ever!!

we booked all inclusive but had to go into town everynight for something to eat as it was the same thing every day,no variety at all and nothing for the children.

The pool is a health and safety hazard..my daughter cut her toe on one of the tiles and also 3 other children whilst we were there!! the air con broke in our room so it was really hot and then the toilet broke!!

People were going home early as they couldnt stand it and some moved hotels..it needs closing down and rebuilding,would warn people to stay away!!

Advertised as having regular entertainment but there was nothing in the whole 2 weeks we were there!! all drinks served in plastic cups and drinks were flat

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, All Inclusive, booked with co operative
  • Advice: stay away!!
by kirsty

halomy stay

"Hi just returned from 12 days at the halomy hotel in naama bay.have to say it was my first time in egypt and couldnt of picked a better hotel..rooms cleaned every day and the food was a varity so everyone could have something the staff was first class.....only complaint is the stairs going into the front but I could put up with that going again in september and wont go anywhere else would really recommend this to anyone.....well done to the manager and all the staff..anne allan thank you for a lovely holiday"

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, All Inclusive, booked with hays travel
by editha

Great first holiday

"I went here for my first abroad holiday, and loved it.

We went in the off peak times altho u wouldnt of thought it by the weather! it was absolutley stunning! The view was amazing too! looks right over the red sea.

We stayed all inclusive and had food and drinks on tap....drinks are needed for heat!!

The room was a standard room, the air conditioning is not the best, as it was extremely hot so we ended up sleeping on the tile flooring for the coldness.

The fridge isnt that cold either, and we wasnt shown how to use the shower (we figured it out ourselves 3 days into our holiday. The food was also out of this world!

Altho they were the only downfall.....still an amazing holiday! we also went on a boat ride around the red sea....!!!

• Holiday details: Sep 2006, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
by miss-gothic

you get what u pay 4

"i had a week half board at the halomy,felt like 2 star not 3 star.breakfast was the same every morning,,but the tea at night more than made up for it.lots of fly,s in the restruant,,got on well with all the staff.rooms dated could do with a lick of paint,cleaners were very good every day.very relaxing hotel but the pool is not heated,very cold.if u go into namma bay be prepaired every one wants u to spend your money there..wont leave u alone--camel bar is a must for a drink and chill open top bar

over all not a bad hol but not sure if id go back =ps=views are a must= of namma bay=

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, half board, booked with Olympic Holidays
  • Advice: not sure open mind
by ronaldo

Hotel from Hell

"Myself and my husband booked a package holiday to this hotel which was described as a 3/4 star hotel. As a 3 star hotel, i certainly wasn't expecting luxury but basic/clean rooms. This hotel was the filthiest most disgusting hotel ive ever stayed in.

We booked a double room with a sea view. When we arrived, we were shown to our room, it was the size of a chicken hut, was filthy beyond belief, had one single bed and no balcony let alone sea view! we refused to go into this room as it was not what we had booked. We were then moved to another room which we were told was the best room in the hotel, it had a double bed and a balcony view of a building site.

The bed was BROKEN. Door handles were broken, floor tiles were dirty and broken, furniture was cracked and damaged and the bathroom was so disgusting i was almost physically sick!

i spent an entire day on the phone to the holiday rep who eventually moved us to a different hotel.

The hotel is a health and safety hazard and needs to be closed down. A realistic rating of his hotel would be 0 STAR.

I would urge all holidaymakers to steer clear of this hotel, its cheap for a reason!

• Holiday details: Dec 2010, half board, booked with low cost holidays
  • Advice: Avoid at all costs!!
by holidayaholic

Absolutely fantastic!!!!

"Myself and a group of 3 girls stayed at this hotel a week ago. When we first arrived, the rooms we were given were a little shabby-but at the price we paid you can't expect Ritz standard! The air con was working very well.

We spoke to the manager, who was extremely friendly and told us that we would be allocated 2 new rooms the next day. The new rooms were a lot more spacious and cleaner and had a balcony.

We opted for bed and breakfast where there was a selection of food available that would cater for everyone. A chef would make omlettes for you and fresh tea was available. Soft drinks however did incur a charge.

The staff were absolutely brilliant! They went out of their way to help in any way they could. Despite the extremely long hours they worked they were always friendly and willing to help. The cleaning staff were fab and always cleaned our rooms to a good standard.

I really can't compliment this hotel enough! At the price you pay, it is brilliant. The food, staff and location are perfect-only a 5min walk to Nama Bay. As those steps, they really aren't that bad unless you're old, extremely extremely unfit or physiclly not able.

People moaning about this hotel are being ridiculous, I've stayed in 5* hotels and the 7* star in Dubai and what you pay is what you get. For a 3* hotel this is brilliant. I definately recommend it-you won't be disappointed!

• Holiday details: Apr 2010, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
by dashydb

the worst hotel i've every been to!!!

"it was my first time visiting egypt and decided to stay at halomy hotel as the pictures and was described very well. on arrival my boyfriend and i where absolutely horrified at the first sight, the staff where quite friendly but the rooms were the worst i have ever stayed in!! they where very dirty the showers had mould everywhere wires hanging out of the walls, beds where uncomfortable!! over all i would not recommend this hotel at all it does not live up to health and safety regulations!! absolutely filthy!! we didnt stay at the hotel at all we paid to stay at other hotel but was worth it as it was not livable!! disgusting!!!"

• Holiday details: Nov 2009, Breakfast Included, booked with Viking
  • Advice: disgusting
by nittta

horrendous

"Absolutely the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. dirty, sleazy, the worst food we have ever eaten and absolutely no idea how to cater for all inclusive customers.The staff badger you all day long to buy things from them or to let them teach you to snorkel etc, the entertainment is a joke, the rooms are filthy and very very basic... Please listen to this review and spend a little extra money on a decent hotel,I certainly wish we had dont let your holiday be ruined like ours was."

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: give it a miss
by andy

Dissapointing

"As we entered the Hotel, we found the staff very miserable, not welcoming at all.the rooms were in a terrible state. Bathroom was awful. beds were so uncomfortable that we all had back aches and during our stay none of us any peaceful sleep. saty away from this horrible hotel. this is not a four star hotel at all. this hotel should not have any sttar rating at all.its absolutley disgusting!"

• Holiday details: Dec 2009, Breakfast Included, booked with Viking
  • Advice: Sharm El Sheikh is amazing
by Himu

you have to be hardy.

"our experience started with he hoel getting our booking mixed up. We asked for 2 rooms with a sea view preferably upper floor. My 65year old single sister came with us. The reception asked if we would accept a family room for 2 weeks and be upgraded to all inclusive. The answer was a resounding no. Neither I or my sister are particularly good sleepers so 14 nights would have been murder. My sister was taken to her room via an unlit path and had a very nasty fall. She got an apology eventually and very little else.

we were shown to a room that could only be compared to a broom cupboard! it was dreadful and a s ar away from a sea view as was possible. My husband went to sort it out. We were told we would be moved the next day at 1300 - presumably when the guests already in there went home !The room we ended up with as at best basic.The air conditioning unit was a joke. It worked but was so noisy it kept you awake. On further inspection it was more than dangerous! there were wires hanging out and switches that wee not even connected !

The toilet flushed if it felt like it. The rest of the time water just noisily trickled into the bowl, we had to keep the door shut at night due to the noise.

The food was bearable. We only had breakfast there and that was basic . The music by the pool was loud and if you were a 14 year old gangster you would enjoy.The housekeeing was good and the rooms were clean. All the rooms were in need of a good lick of paint and a general freshen up. One night, my sister woke us to tell us that water was pouring out from behind her toilet - and it was. My husband managed to turn the water supply off. I managed to phone reception. 2 men turned up, saw my husband had turned the water off, asked him what he did for a living. He told the he was a computer technician. They immediatly went away. We waited and waited. I phoned reception again - they said they were on the way down. We waited and waited another 20 minutes - a good 45 minutes in all. I rang again. In time 3 men then turned up. 1 with a wrench and 1 with several lenghs of piping. Within 5 minutes they appeared and told us it was fixed. My husband then cleared and dried the floor. The area is nice, the weather is gorgeous. I would not go back to this hotel , it really isn't any cheaper than the better hotels. It needs a complete overhaul and a good few coats of paint.

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
by kinnear

1 2 37 »

Map for Halomy Hotel Closest airport: Sharm El Sheikh (SSH) 6.4 miles

Halomy Hotel photos (4 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Halomy Hotel
  • by lawzie

" our favourite bar was Cafe Zero they were all great. always dancing and the Camel bar for football!! "

• by colin52

" Tandoori at the Camel dive bar ( next to Pommadoro ) "

• by S Mulholland

" We took the fll day luxary yacht tour for snorkelling and it was fantastic. "

• by kinnear

" scuba diving. the hard rock cafe. The tavern bar was lovely. "

• by a fellow traveller

" Great for diving. Check all the hotels for price "