Casita de Maya

65 Ave. Bis x Blvd. Aeropuerto Quintana Roo. #420, Cozumel 77620, Mexico

Good

Room: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Casita de Maya

1 2 »
Hospitality Plus!

"Based on the very favorable tripadvisor reviews, we (a family of four from Minnesota) stayed at the Casita de Maya from Dec. 26-31, 2006. This was our first stay in Cozumel, and we would absolutely stay there again.

Tracey was our host, as Dan was "stuck in the states", and Tracey saw that we were always comfortable and provided many references for various restaurants.

The price was very reasonable for a smaller (4 unit) hotel that was cleaned daily and had the comforts of home. Very oddly, even though the hotel is within walking distance of the airport, we never heard airplanes.

We had a blast; as we left, we felt like we were leaving family. That includes the four-legged members: Trixie, Kitty, and Herman (I'll see if I can post a picture of Trixie & Kitty who were affectionate and did a daily sparring match with each other).

We recall writing in the Casita de Maya log: Hospitality plus!!!

by Minnesota_tourists

Relaxing!

"We just had a fabulous week at Casita de Maya. It truly is walking distance from the airport. It is really just a little stroll. Find SMart Car and you are there!

Dan is a gracious host and can assit in all your needs. He helped us rent a car, made restaurant suggestions and arranged a dive. Our mantra during the vacation was "Let's ask Dan". All of Dan's suggestions were right on.

The hotel is lovely and in an unexpected place. Even though you are right next the airport, it is very quiet. The rooms are wonderful. THe rooms have beautiful wood shutter doors that allow as much or as little light you want. The decor is neat, tidy and functional. Plenty of space too spread out. My husband work at the deck without difficulty. THe closet is big. WE had plenty of room for our clothes and luggage plus there is even and ironing board.

The shower is wonderful. It has inspired us with our current renovation at home. Very spacious shower (room for two) with great tile work. THe bath towels and thick cotton. Not like most hotel towels at all. Dan can even provide you with beach towels. Dan's maid is great. Our room was always spotless. THe built in platform bed was very cozy and comfortable.

Dan is available if you need him but not imposing at all. The main gathering area was my favorite place. We would spend each morning drinking coffee and talking with Dan. Our coffee mugs were waiting each morning and all you had to do was push the brew button. A very relaxed atmosphere.

Dan's dogs Trixie and Herman are there if you want them around. These two are adorable and they love treats. There is also a cat named Cat. She entertained us with her gecko hunting. THe two resident toads come and go from the sterio speaker. I thought one was a statue the first night.

Casita de Maya was everything my husband had expected. We are not the all inclusive type. When I first looked into going to Cozumel I wasn't sure if we had a choice. This a great alternative if you want peace and quiet with no one else around. I am planning on taking my mom there in November.

by nancymc

perfect and friendly

"well,

it was clean and about 400 yards from the airport.

next, dan is the owner/operator and he is a truly kind and gracious host.

the pool is great, the tips from dan are easy to get and worked great. the beds were firm and clean, the a/c was there but we didn't need it really,

the design is curvy concrete maya style, which is natural and cool.

go to la mission to eat.

breakfast is fruit and yogurt and muffin basket.

get dan to help you rent a car next door, no need scrounging the island like i did, i ended up saving 5 bucks a day.... not worth the headache.

plan to return.

patrick

by pattydoo

Like old friends

"I had to be in Cozumel for work for one night and when the travel agent came up with this place I was skeptical until I saw the website. The description was perfect.

When i walked thru the door Dan greeted me like an old friend I hadn't seen in years. I had planned on going out to dinner that night, but the atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed I ended up asking Dan if he could have something delivered and low and Behold I had a suprisingly good $10.00 pizza.

A/C was great and quiet. If you like a relaxed, quiet, home feel, this is the place.

by Bailout13500

Perfect Ambiance

"Our stay at Casita de Maya was wonderful. This is definitely a place for the traveler who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of the main touristy strip. The location is perfect. It is extremely quiet and has a great pool to relax in after a day of adventuring. Dan is a gracious host and can help you with anything you need for your stay. We highly recommend Casita de Maya and will definitely return!!!"

by A TripAdvisor Member

Sensational mini Ritz with different amenities

"As a frequent traveler it was such a treat to find this hidden treasure. I can't say enough about the owner Dan, his knowledge of the area and the treasure he created on his little slice of paradise.

From the greeting coming through the gorgeous gates and the hospitablity during our all too short stay. It was as relaxing as you can get. The rooms are awesome and very unique - especially the shower. This hotel is still growing and evolving. If you love peace and quiet and the personal touch you can not miss this little hotel.

The best part was the evenings chatting over a beer, and not having to face a stove since he sent us to wonderful restaurants. I can't wait to return.

Surprising!

"Extremely convenient from the airport as walking time was only 4 minutes away. While the street view may present a more rustic appearance, once you walk in the front gate you're certainly in another world. Warm, clean, modern and well maintained. The owner (Dan) welcomed us with open arms and attended to us as honored guests. A very welcomed relief from the bigger hotels where you get to feel like a number. Loved the layout too. Central open-air family/entertainment room, pool and guest rooms all were great. A/C + overhead fans felt very nice in the evening. Dan was also very helpful in arranging cab rides ($2 to get almost anywhere downtown) and in helping set up a Thrifty Rent-a-Car, which was righ next door.

Would I recommend it? You bet.........want to go back myself..................thank you

ONLY STAYED ONE FABULOUS NIGHT

"My wife and I stayed only one night but it was a fantastic and romantic experience. We needed a place for only one night due to the fact that we couldn't check into our condo until the next day. The rooms were very nice and clean (thanks to Jolie) and the service was exceptional (thanks to Dan).

We look forward to staying there again next trip....but longer.

Dan, thanks for hooking us up with Raffe's and the roasted chicken too!

See you next year.

Absolutley Great Accommodations

"We could not have asked for a better place to stay for our first visit to Cozumel. Excellent accommodations ... great host... top notch help with restaurant suggestions serving great food at an affordable price!! Whatever we would like to do on our vacation we just asked Dan and he was there for us...we were treated like friends... like family! Thanks for a wonderful experience...we hope to return and enjoy more of a great island with great people!! Thanks for everything...hello to all...Dan...Tracy.. Adolfo...be good...see you all soon....Cheers...

Bryan and Michelle

Can't be beat!

"Staying at Casita de Maya was the culmination and the high point of our 18 day vacation in Yucatan. The hotel itself is fabulous; a lovely room with a pool just outside the door, fridge, a/c, fresh cold water, etc., etc., etc. The location is also wonderful. It's close to the airport, a $2 USD cab ride to the tourist area and beaches, in a residential neighborhood, and very near some great restaurants.

What makes the Casita really special, however, is Dan. We've never stayed anywhere in the U.S., Canada, or Europe, where we've been made to feel as comfortable. Want to rent a car? Dan will go with you to the rental agency, help make the arrangements, and then drive around with you for 20-30 minutes to orient you to the island. He also has great suggestions for restaurants, activities, etc.

We came away feeling like we stayed at a really good friend's house rather than at a hotel.

One thing, Dan -- give the kitty a name!

Gail and Bill, Salem, Oregon

Ritz-Carlton Rooms, Motel Six Prices

"What can we say that others reviews haven't? Not much. This is a fantastic place run by a great guy. While others have mentioned the great layout and beautiful rooms, the friendly atmosphere, and the dogs & cat. No one has mentioned the frog that lives in the right speaker (on the stereo). By day, it's the speaker, by night, it's the cat's water dish.

This place has so much character, intimate rooms, a lovely pool, and it's amazing the bargains you can find nearby.

As a travel industry employee, I'll come back often when I'm looking to relax and just kick back. All my friends are going to hear what a great place Casita de Maya is!!! It is just great, period.

Em, H, and B

by A TripAdvisor Member

Most beautiful place to stay ever

"We, a freshly married couple from Germany, found this little paradise through the internet, and we finally went there and got married on the Island of Cozumel, right by the carribean sea, after the ceremony we did have a small, fine party at the casita de maya...thanks Dan-THE MAN, he was the most helpful, hospital person we have ever met while travelling....His great connections all over the Island made our wedding and our honeymoon the BEST....Dan is making you feel comfortable and home...his place is highly recommended if you expect from your place to stay CLEAN, modern, large rooms with style and comfort...You got aircondition, free Internet access, a fridge, a microwave, ventilators, hot and cold water...a pool right in front of your hotel, two most friendly dogs and a sweet cat belonging to the casita, and most of all you got the best host (DAN) of the Island....Dan knows the best places to eat, best beaches, best places out....arranges delicious dinners at local family...just let him know what you need and he`ll take care of you. Even though this casita is not right beside the beach- you won`t miss it, you will experience the great relaxation in the cute, cozy yard right beside the pool underneath the palapa....next beautiful beach only 10 minutes taxi ride away....Airport really in walking distance....but you won`t feel or hear the noise....Beautiful mexican colors....best choice on the Island...."

1 2 »