IFA Interclub Atlantic Hotel

Location: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for IFA Interclub Atlantic Hotel

1 2 311 »
fab holiday....

"not long back from interclub atlantic....what a beautiful hotel..and lovely helpfull smiling staff....food fab n plenty choices....pool is gorgeous....plenty of sun loungers...felt so happy and relaxed here....not gorgettin the wonderfull animation team...they worked so hard keep everyone entertained....defo goin back again loved it.....DO NOT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO NEGATIVE REVIEWS...as there are far from true....hotel highly recommended......m mcourt thank yo...."

• Holiday details: Nov 2012, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: well jist go here and see this wonderful hotel for youself
by Rita M

fab place to stay for a happy holoday

"well myself and partner are jist bak from this lovely friendy hotel....had a fab time there...food lovely and plentyfull with lots of varietys on offer...also the staff cant do enuf to help you....the whole place is jist totaly wonderfull...and with all the happy faces of the staff....what a place will defo be goin back there....jist cant understand people that put such bsd comments about a lovely hotel....but then again some people r never happy....I VERY MUCH RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL"

• Holiday details: Nov 2012, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: well its in a nice quiet location but livelier places not to far away
by Stephen M

worst hotel i have stayed in

"i have just returned from ifa interclub atlantic. when we first arrived in our room it was nothing like we were expecting so rang down to reception and told it was the room we had. the food was good and staff were nice as well as the thomas cook reps. as we started our third day there i became ill with a very bad cold and nose to find we had damp in the room next to the bed. the balcony doors did not lock and it took two handy men to sort it and and put new locks on. then the handle fell off and two days before we left and it never got fixed while we were still there. the hallways and carpets were all marked and stained and had a bit of a musty smell to it. we were on our honeymoon and although we had a good time it was not down to the hotel. i wouldn't normally write a review but was so disappointed with it that i personally would not recommend anyone to go to this hotel. we will be returning to gran canaria again but will not be staying at this hotel ever again."

• Holiday details: Feb 2012, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by sas

IFA Interclub Atlantic - Fantastic vacation

"I, with experience of reading through many reviews, picked this hotel based on the family styled feel, the quiet location and the fact that there good reviews outweighed the bad by a massive margin.

After having spent a week there, I can't imagine what kind of people are giving this place a poor review.

Certainly - the rooms are 'basic'. But ample for requirements. We had a 'family' suite. 1 Double bed 1 single bed. The sofa may have converted but I didn't bother checking as there was only my wife and I and our son.

The place was spotless. Had ample room and storage and was tended to everyday by a hugely polite cleaning crew. We of course, had some valuables.. which were ordinarily kept hidden / on our person - but when left out accidentally they remained in place and we couldn't have felt safer. Much to the credit of the staff.

The grounds were SO well maintained and lovely to be in. So much space and greenery. Was lovely. If that wasn't your thing - there were two very sizeable adult pools, two outside bars and a bchildrens pool ( where we spent a chunk of every afternoon as our boy loved it so much ).

Food. Massive selection for those of us who are meat eaters. Pork, Steak, Duck and even Rabbit one night. Not to mention other standard bits and pieces. Every night there was a chinese selection and more salad, bread and fruit than you could wish for. Vegetarians had to make do with the food being a little 'samey'.. but my wife - who is vegetarian..is well aware this is the case even in pubs and restaurants back home. What she did have to pick from was fresh and tasty and she had no complaints. I as a meat eater - couldn't have been happier, and our son eat whatever was put in front of him with no trouble. Even then, for fussy kids.. there is standard chips and pizza etc... it's holiday -they will cope with a lesser diet for a week..

Drinks were great too. Generous measures by friendly bar staff. Sure - on rare occassion you waited a minute or two -but the staff were never not working. Cleaning, refilling, tidying.. waiting a mintue for them to finish up was no trouble on the odd occassion it happened. I mean - the beer, wine and juice are self service - you weren't going to dehydrate whilst you waited !!

Wine was a little tart at first.. but, you soon warm to them. I drink a lot of wine at home - so was a little taken aback at first by a slighly sharp wine.. but I can assure you I soon got in the way of it and enjoyed it like everyone else.

Entertainment staff worked hard ALL day. They must be shattered by the end. Great with kids and try hard with the (slightly cheesy) entertainment at night. I say cheesy like it's an insult. It's not. I love it. Simlpe and silly and a nice way to end an evening. Although they shoudl REALLY get rid of that adult abby routine. That was AWFUL. lol

All in all, I loved being at the IFA Interclub. Beach was a short walk down the hill away ( or a shorter trip down the 250 steps ), shops nearby and (albeit a slightly run down ) shopping centre 10 minutes away with a lovely restuarant bar ( next to the mini golf ) where we had stunning cocktails.

The staff were kind, although would perhaps of appreciated some understanding of filling a child sized bottle with juice for the boy so he could drink his juice unsupervised to allow me and my wife to eat in (some) peace..rather than having to help him with his cup all the time. had we been filling a two litre bottle with wine - I would have understood their stance on no filing of bottles... but we weren't. I didn't argue though. They were most polite and I realise they are just following their instructions and doing their job. Perhaps easier to cut out all than argue repeatedly and daily over quanities I guess.

Summary

Wonderfully clean ( and I mean spotless - they cleaned everything EVERY day ) hotel. Well equiped with lovely pools and kind staff. We had no issues with sun loungers - but were there out of peak season.

Food was fantastic on most parts. Snack bar a little samey.. but thats what you sign up for. Drinks free flowing and delicious.

Would go back in a heartbeat. Hope we will be lucky enough to return in the near future.

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with A1
by McGinty's from Scotland

"I have just found this site and I dont understand some of the reviews !!?

I have now been to the Interclub Atlantic 3 times (twice with my son who was 2 & 5 at the times) and we LOVED it.

the kids club is brilliant & my son had a great time...he made lots of friends (very few brits everytime we've been there ! Mostly French, Dutch, German & Spanish).

The last time we went, admittedly they did move us to one of the self catering flats as our room was due to be upgraded but it wasnt a hassle ! I have NEVER found the rooms dirty, smelly or things falling off the wall. Admittedly they can look a bit tired but what do you expect from a 3 star hotel that is busy all year round ???

The gardens are beautiful, plenty of activities, tennis, aqua aerobics etc etc the pools are cold....brrrr but very clean & salt is added everyday (i witnessed it).

The staff have always been helpful, polite & VERY good with my son and the variety of food is amazing.

We are going back in 2 weeks for our 4th visit & I am very much looking forward to it.

I wouldnt read too much into the bad reviews above if I were you.....make your own mind up.

Njoy :o)

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Use the local buses to get to the waterpark & palmitos park its cheaper. Visit the Bar baroness karaok bar.....they are a great couple !!!!
by Anni

Loved it :)

"Was in IFA Feb this year and am going back at the end of Aug. Cant comment on the building work as i wasnt there at that time. Yes hotel is situated up a hill 10 mins to walk up, 5 mins down or get a taxi :) Food was brill also, great choice,something for everyone. We had a room in the tirma block, no problems at all. Entertainment team certainly worked for their money they were great. Cant wait to go back"

• Holiday details: Feb 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
by kerrymc

Terrible, the worst holidays in my life

"Terrible, the worst holidays in my life. It´s impossible to sleep due the noise during the night (till 2/3 a.m.) and all day. When I made a complaint the hotel staff invite me to leave (without giving the payment back), what is incredible regarding that I din´t break any rule neither had an incorrect behaviour!!!!!!!!!! I´d never been treated this way in my life."

by SE

All inclusive heaven

"My Wife and i have just spent 8 days at this resort and found it very good a lovely selection of good food a lot of fresh local tomatoes melons and bananas the drinks selection to suit all tastes and excellent swimming area and the whole site kept very clean the staff very helpful in all depts. the only critical point on the food was the chinese which was over salty which we did point out to the chef and the scrambled egg could have been kept warmer also the same applies to the hot dogs and burgers at the outside eating area by the pool, we had a very relaxing break and would recommend the hotel to others.

We booked the break with first choice and thompson were the holiday company the only critical point the in flight meal Chicken Pompadour was disgusting but again the staff were helpful inc the Holiday rep Jake was very helpful

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
by Chief

Was worried about building work

"Before we left for our holiday on the 9th May I read on here about the building works that were taking place at the hotel, I contacted Thomas Cook about it and they did say they had sent a letter out to us about it, (which we received 2 weeks before we were due to depart) They did offer us a change of hotel but because my parents had visited this hotel before and liked it we decided to still go.

Well if ur worried about it, DONT BE!! When we arrived I was expecting bulldozers and the noise of digging, No such thing!! the slides are now all but in place they had cornered off all the area were the builders were working and it was safe for my 2 young boys (which was my main concern) they worked in the morning and late afternoon, just putting together the slides, When we left i would say it was all but finished and was a little dissapointed that it wasnt ready for when we arrived as it looks like it will be a good addition to the hotel.

The rooms are basic but clean, the carpets are worn but not to off putting, the food was faultless and you had a good selection everyday, Our only complain was that there was no animation team really, it excisted of 2 girls trying their upmost to entertain everyone, ok for our 2 small boys but not for adults, all in all would we go again? yes with the kids but not as a couple

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: only cost 5 euro to go down to playa de ingles gumbo centre
by Hicks37

Not a bad hotel

"My Partner and I stayed here from the 24th march to the 7th April. Although the hotel could do with a lick of paint and new carpets our room was o.k. The only fault with the rooms is there is no air conditioning, no fridge and no hair dryer.

The Animation team are amazing and go out of their way to include you in all the activities. ( clap clap clap clap )

My only complaint is 3 days before we were due to leave they brought in diggers to make pool slides. the noise was horrendous. apparently this is going to go on for 5 weeks so if you are going in the next week or 2 I would check with your tour operator.

by biglil

rough round the edges

"Just returned from Gran Canaria found the Hotel excellent in repect of the friendly staff general cleanliness with grounds and pool&sports facilities particularly of merit. Although internally the rooms and corridors were a bit rough around the edges.

What let the hotel down was the dining hall, large and noisy yet sometimes struggled to find a table. Vending machines running out of coffee, beer and wine . The standard of food was good but at times if certain dishes been eaten they were not replenished. The dining experience was similar to a school dinner hall.

This did not detract from our overall holiday experience but at the same time I would not recommend it to friends.

• Holiday details: Jan 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: if you enjoy your dining don,t go here
by paddington

amazing

"We went to this resort as a couple, after reading mixed reviews our expectations were not high.

The dinning area was very clean, the variety of food on offer was excellent, something for everyone, and cooked to a high standard. In fact you could have just spent the day eating and drinking.

Our accomadation was clean but basic, cleaners came every day.

The pool areas were clean, there were enough sun loungers.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

In fact the only critisism we had was the stair cases are carpeted and in need of replacement.

Over all we had an amazing time and would recomend it to all and would definately return.

Please note this is a quiet location so not for those looking for a wild night life.

• Holiday details: Dec 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by sue

1 2 311 »

Map for IFA Interclub Atlantic Hotel Closest airport: Gran Canaria (LPA) 14.4 miles

Top traveller tips for IFA Interclub Atlantic Hotel
  • by Scotland DIANE

" Hotel away at top of hill. No shops close by. Beach is down steps and is very nice. "

• by STUKRUGEN

" Walking along sea front on pavement to Maspelomas dunes. "

• by GM

" Peurto de Mogan, El Rancho restaurant "

• by clidyard

" It's good if you enjoy hearing babies scream "

• by JackStan

" Great for relaxing, eating and drinking "

• by Hicks37

" only cost 5 euro to go down to playa de ingles gumbo centre "

• by Anni

" Use the local buses to get to the waterpark & palmitos park its cheaper. Visit the Bar baroness karaok bar.....they are a great couple !!!! "

• by Stephen Mccourt

" well its in a nice quiet location but livelier places not to far away "