Seaside Hotel Sandy Beach

Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Seaside Hotel Sandy Beach

1 2 »
Third visit and will return

"We travelled in August,and booked a pool view room for 3 adults, our daughter is 17. This is our 3rd visit and we thought the hotel improves with each visit. The food is excellent with a majority of it cooked fresh in front of you. Such as pancakes, omelette, fried eggs, bacon at breakfast, a variety of fresh fish including salmon, king prawns, coley, sole and meats such as sirloin steak, chops, kebabs, sausages at lunch and dinner. There is also a carvery in the evening with beef, pork, veal, chicken, duck and rabbit. You can have champagne and fresh salmon and parma ham at breakfast. There is a selection of desserts and ice cream is available nearly all day. If you still feel hungry! you can have hot waffles and cake by the pool in the afternoon. There is a strict dress code in the evenings.

The drinks are very good with a wide variety included in the all inclusive. The drinks are waiter service in the dining area and in the evening so no queueing.

The staff are very professional and helpful, especially Ursula and Eva. All of the staff were very friendly and courteous.

There is a pool towel service, the towels cost 10 euro deposit which is returned at the end of your holiday.

The tvs were being upgraded to flat screens whilst we were there. The tv channels were sky sports 1, sky news, 5 usa, and a few other news channels.There is also free wifi.

We had a massage which was very good.

A very good 4 star all inclusive, with high standards.I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Monarch Holidays
by cjeffs

"I find it hard to believe that the previous reviews have been good! Perhaps this hotel has had a recent major problem. We travelled all inclusive with family as we do each year and not one of us was happy with the service at Seaside Sandy Beach. It is quite obviously a German run hotel where the british are made to feel less welcome.The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful. We had to wait far too long to be served drinks in the restaurant and were ignored when we attracted the attention of the waiters. Just an example of their rudeness was when a waiter dropped a whole plate of left over food down one of our party at lunchtime, he then proceeded to shout at us because the chairs were too close together for him to get through (the layout of the restaurant is obviously not the fault of the holiday maker). I was on crutches with a broken foot and the waiters always tried to seat me at the furthest distance from the buffet and were stroppy when we requested a closer table even though we were prepared to wait if one was not immediately available. My mother who is in her 70's was very upset to be treated so badly by the staff who made her wait at least 20 minutes for a bottle of water at each meal time. We complained constantly making our holiday much less enjoyable. In the end the restaraunt manager made the effort to improve the service but it was far too little too late. The grill was quite good but all the other food was bland, over cooked and must have been bought from Spains equivalent of Iceland. It's such a shame because the hotel itself is not too bad and the maid service etc was excellent although there were problems such as other peoples waste coming up through the plug in the bathroom sink. If you have already booked this then I wish you luck and hope our complaints have been taken on board so that you have an enjoyable stay. If you haven't already booked I would advise you to think very carefully."

by Anna

Brilliant Holiday

"We have just returned from a weeks holiday to this great hotel there were 19 in our party and every one of us enjoyed ourselves. We stayed on a full inclusive basis. The staff were very friendly and more than helpful, the food was buffet style and something for everyone, the rooms were very clean and a very good size. Some of our party played golf and the reception staff arranged all the taxis, we were on a late flight back to Exeter and was allowed to stay in room that were not booked until 12 midnight and we were also able to have a meal that night at no extra cost. We are going to go back to this hotel. This is a top hotel and any one who stays here will not be disappointed. The only problems we had were with First Choice"

by Dee-zy-may

I decided to treat my wife to a 60th...

"I decided to treat my wife to a 60th Birthday holiday, together with my two sons aged 32 and 26, also their respective fiancees, and after much (worldwide) deliberation we chose the Sandy Beach in Playa Del Ingles. Having just returned from this holiday I can definately say it was a good decision - we were fortunate in March to have superb weather, average 25 degrees every day, lovely sun, but most credit must go to the Sandy Beach Hotel for providing a truly excellent venue - the accomodation was lovely, all the rooms were very well appointed, the food was just superb with a breakfast buffet to die for, the staff were always very helpful, and the (mainly German) guests were all charming. I know that Playa Del Ingles "in the season" is a bit of an 18-30 hotspot, but out of season as we were it was just great, we even managed to take in a karaoke night! We all loved it. People of any age will enjoy the Sandy Beach Hotel, it seems to have something for everyone- we even managed to win the "Boules" competition one day! - Five Stars for luxury and Five Stars for the Management Team - well done!"

by G M Bradbury

After looking at several choices,...

"After looking at several choices, myself and a friend decided that we wanted to go for a all inclusive and after looking on the internet this hotel choice proved cheaper and also had the better flight times. I was abit hesitant on booking an all inclusive especially after working abroad for a couple of year.

Upon arrival at the hotel my first thoughts were amazing, it looked so clean and relaxing which is what we wanted through the day. The receptionist was very helpful and even delivered our bags to our room.

The rooms were perfect, the walk in wardrobe was just what we needed as I don’t travel light and the shower was fantastic. We were situated directly above the bar and restaurant which was fantastic and we had a direct view over the pool.

Although we never ate there everyday the meals in which we had were fantastic. The staff were so polite throughout the meals we had and always made you feel welcome. The rooms were cleaned everyday and could not fault the housekeeping staff in anyway.

The location was fantastic, we were close enough to walk everywhere as I’m a shopaholic and also the Kasbar area which we drank at every night was literally 5 minutes away and the good thing was if places were still open you could not hear the noise.

Every day we would relax by the pool and it was so peaceful and relaxing, the pool was just the right temperature and the pool side bar was very handy. Of a night time we would always start off using our main bar. Sitting at the main bar, the bar staff made you feel very welcoming and with the entertainment on too. They provided some good shows, especially to prove successful with a wide range of clientele as there was majority of Germans and Spanish but they still made you feel very welcome. The only gripe I had was that I would have preferred more entertainment on. Also if you have children I would advise if you were to stay here you would want to be doing more out and about in the resort as there was not much to entertain the children in the evening.

Overall my stay was fantastic and would recommend it to anyone, if I come to Gran Canaria again I would definitely stay here.

by M Wood

Have just returned from my first...

" Have just returned from my first holiday away with my boyfriend and we couldn’t have asked for a better hotel. The hotel was in a perfect location, 5 minutes walk from the beach and 5/10 minutes from both the yumbo centre and kasbah, 2 lively shopping centres which at night become 2 of the most popular eating and drinking locations.

As a young couple, we found the nightlife fantastic spending most of our time between Irish bars and the lively kasbah centre which comprises many bars , to which the only downside was the large number of touts trying to pull you in their bars, the key is to ignore them!

The hotel itself was very clean; rooms were cleaned by the maid every day and were very spacious. The only thing I think needs mentioning is that there is a lack of utensils in the kitchen so if you’re planning on doing any cooking you will need to take some or purchase it there yet. We didn’t do any cooking ourselves as it is quite cheap to eat out but did make use of the fridge to keep our drinks cool.

There is plenty of wardrobe space, a large shower and balcony (we looked over the street but didn’t hear any noise as there was a lovely garden between the two).

We were on a bed and breakfast basis and found the food was fresh and there was a big variety of both hot and cold to choose from. The only improvement I thought could have been made was keeping the hot food slightly hotter as it cooled quickly.

We didn’t sample the evening meal but saw it one night and I have to say it smelt and looked fantastic, if only we had of realised before the last day!

We took part in the day time entertainment; there were games like French bowls, rifle shooting, archery and shuffle board. I think maybe the games should be better advertised as sometimes when announced it was difficult to hear but we enjoyed joining in and despite not being able to speak to some of the other foreign guests we some how managed to have a laugh and communicate, a great way to be sociable!

We took a taxi to the water park, a short ride away which was only about 5 euros and was well worth it, a great day out! We also visited the beach and sand dunes (watch out for the nudist area which we walked through) but the dunes are a must see, it feels like your in the middle of the desert.

All in all, we had a great stay in the hotel and a week just wasn’t enough, I would recommend longer as we only just settled in when we had to leave! A point which I should mention is the amount of Germans in the hotel; we found out just before our departure that it is German run!

However, there is no need to worry about getting a sun bed; we managed fine every day as there are plenty available around the gorgeous pool (with massage bubbles and a water fall).

Drinks and food bought in the hotel work on a no cash basis, all money is charged to the room and paid at the end of the holiday. I would say playa del ingles is a bit like Benidorm in the sense of beach side restaurants, they all have the same menu so I would suggest venturing to the yumbo centre to try a Chinese (Chinese Indonesian) or jardin del sol (where the only Indian restaurant is in the area).

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

by R Emmerson

My boyfriend and I went to the Sandy...

"My boyfriend and I went to the Sandy Beach Hotel in July this year for a two week, All Inclusive holiday. With out doubt this is the best holiday that we have been on together and would recommend Sandy Beach Hotel to anyone that is thinking of going to Plya De Ingles.

The hotel was beautiful and the staff fantastic. As we didn't arrive at the hotel until late and we were all inclusive they had laid out fresh fruit, bread, ham and cheese for us in our room as well as a bottle of water each, which was a nice touch.

As our room was on the lowest floor of the hotel we benefited as our balcony went out onto landscaped gardens which was superb. Even though the room faced a busy road no one could look in as we were quite high up and the trees acted as a barrier as well as cutting out the noise!

The beach is only a five minute walk from the hotel and all the shops and bars are around a tem minute walk away. The Yumbo centre and the Kasbah centre are fantastic for shopping and night life. (The Kasbah centre more so for the young ones as the clubs are open to six in the morning!!!).

The choice of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner was fantastic. There was always something different to chose from and a selection of meats, fish, salad and a whole lot more.

We received clean bath towels and pool towels everyday which was great and our room was cleaned every morning, as well as the bed sheets being changed every other day. The hotel its self was very clean and the pool area was cleaned every morning. All the staff were brilliant and helpful.

The only downside about this hotel was the evening entertainment. Out of the 14 nights we were there I could only probably say that only 3 nights of the entertainment was entertaining!! However there are so many places to go too outside the hotel.

I would recommend that you do the super cat day out with your tour operator. It is fantastic and well worth the money. It is on a £2 Million boat and you are out at sea for at least 5hours. Also a trip to Purto Rico is a must, it is stunning.

Over all I strongly recommend this hotel to any couples or families that are thinking of going to Gran Canaria.

by G Whitehead

Me and my boyfriends first holiday...

"Me and my boyfriends first holiday together and we chose the Sandy Beach hotel as it looked fab in the brochure.

When we arrived in the hotel the guy at reception was completely rude, our holiday rep just left us there and did not try and help us.

The hotel was spotless but the staff were unfriendly to me and my boyfriend but there was very friendly to the German people saying at the hotel.

We was all inclusive and when our drinks was empty there was never anybody there to serve us and if we went up to the bar we was told to sit down, as this wasn't how you got a drink in the hotel. I was called an idiot as I got my room number wrong by one of the bar staff as he thought I was not listening.

The restaurant was outside which was nice but as I'm used to a inside restaurant, smokers was put before non smokers you would have to walk through clouds of smoke to get to the food and then back though with your food to get to the non smoking section.

Staff were really rude, shops were basic and the same where ever you went around the island.

Me and my boyfriend would never go back to the hotel again and maybe even Gran Canaria.

by Jp Williams

Great luxury hotel

"We have stayed at this hotel for the last 3 years, although not the cheapest around, it's like finding a peaceful luxury oasis in central Playa del Ingles, allowing you to relax by the pool during the day and still be 5 minutes away from all the nightlife. Also only a 5 minute walk to the beach.

Rooms are clean and well appointed, a high floor pool view room is best

The staff are all polite and welcoming, most of the guests are older German couples, but there is also a good sprinkling of gay travellers, particularly around Pride week in May.

Food quality is excellent, though can become repetitive, and champagne with breakfast is lovely if you can make it up that early!!

All in all a superb hotel, highly recommended!

by diamond4468

ideal location

"I've just returned from a 7 day break to the hotel sandy beach, playa del ingles gran canary. The hotel is what we expected, with the majority of holiday makers from Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands. There are a few british but i found it a pleasant surprise being a minority for a change. The hotel is german owned and expect the majority of guests to be German.The hotel itself is pleasant, comfortable rooms,pool view. The garden view rooms are restricted with overgrown palm trees. If you travel with children you will most probably aquire a lower floor room which may not to be to your liking. Food on offer excels. A good variety which is elegantly displayed. The only down side is the pool area. If you dont get up early to claim your sunbed you may be disappointed. At times you will find the sunbeds are cramped together so it is advisable to get up early. I Found the hotel to be an ideal location for a seven day break, no more."

by shang

Will go again

"We visited at the end of August for 2 weeks this year on an ‘All Inclusive’ (‘Todo Includio’) basis. 75% of the guests are German, most of whom were very friendly.

The pool is heated and very relaxing. There is a water fall, and jacuzzi jets to relax on.

The hotel is a very good one. The food (self service) is fantastic with plenty of choice at breakfast and dinner. Lunch was a little more limited, but still good. The patio has plenty of sun beds and umbrellas but reserving one was difficult at times when the hotel was busy.

The drinks are plentiful with good measures. The staff could be a bit quicker serving you rather than sorting out the admin of the tickets (for AI or clients who were charging to their rooms [no money is exchanged with the waiters]) though.

The pool bar was good with plenty of banter between the guests. The main outside bar could be designed better as it is adjacent to the restaurant and was crowded at dinner time so you had to go inside until dinner was finished.

The room was large and cleaned (very well) daily. We had a ground floor room with a garden and patio and did not face the pool. It consisted of the main bedroom (double bed) with plenty of storage space, a TV with mainly German channels, a large safe (2Euro/day), settee, table and chairs. The patio also had a table and 2 chairs. The bathroom was modern with a shower/bath, sink and toilet. There was also a kitchen with a fridge and oven, but with no kitchen implements apart from 2 glasses.

The evening entertainment was OK but the room is not really suitable for the acts that were on. The day time entertainment was good. There was archery, rifle shooting, darts, French Boules amongst others. There were also children’s games and we noticed a children’s club/crèche room with slide and swings etc.

The resort we found was mainly confined to complexes. The Yumbo was large but is a quite openly ‘Gay’ area. The Kasbah is load and mainly for the younger clubbers. The beach area has plenty of bars and shops. The beach is large and the sand dunes are vast.

You need to watch out for the ‘Scratch Card’ touts. You always win and are whisked away to a hard sell Holiday Club meeting if you are not careful.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sandy Beach and made lots of friends of many different nationalities. If you want a holiday doing nothing much except relaxing, eating, drinking, reading and sleeping; this is the place to go.

by A TripAdvisor Member

Great Hotel - unless you want to buy a drink!

"We stayed in the Sandy Beach Hotel for two weeks in August and were pleasantly surprised to see that it was indeed approx 200 metres ( about a 5 minute walk) from the end of the hotel down to the beach front.

We were on a Bed & Breakfast deal although it was obvious that the hotel was geared up for primarily All Inclusive.

They have entertainment most nights and on returning to the hotel one evening, we sat with many others in the outside area, whilst the entertainment was inside - no problem as there were "patio style" doors opening out to the outer area.

Only problem was that they then proceeded to SHUT THE DOORS - meaning the dozen or so tables of guests listening to the entertainment - could no longer hear or see it !

Why - in the height of summer - they don't have the entertainment OUTSIDE - is beyond me! This would satisfy many more of their guests and would allow more people to see the entertainment. When it's inside - you really need to be indoors to be able to see the entertainers.

Next we tried to get a drink - thank gawd we were not dying of thirst. Placed an order with one of the more mature male members of staff and said we would need to pay for it - this itself seemed to be a problem. Ten minutes later we were STILL WAITING. Spoke to another of the waiting staff who then said she would go and get our order. Another 5 to 10 minutes and my patience being stretched. I got up and went over to the back of the bar where I could at least SEE the bottle of wine ordered. Yet another member of staff asked if they could help and I pointed out the bottle of wine. They also disappeared into the back of the restaurant/bar area.

Eventually, I decided to go for broke - went to pick UP the bottle of wine (which was sitting on a tray with 2 glasses). Well at last I had discovered how to get the staff's attention. All of a sudden TWO staff members were able to come over to me and despite suddenly not being able to speak english - they WERE able to deliver my wine to the table.

Basically a great hotel spoiled by inept management of the bar.

Beware that if you pay extra for a pool view (as we did), this may end up being on a lower floor - which faces out onto palm trees - which effectively BLOCK the view of anything ! That said - we spoke to the reception staff as soon as we arrived and they were able to offer us another room (which was no better), but agreed that they could offer us a higher floor room in two days. We followed their suggestion and went along at the appropriate time - and ended up with a 6th flooor room - which DID offer an unrestriceed view of the pool. VERY helpful reception staff including the guy who showed us to our room.

Hotel is also a 5 minute walk from the Hard Rock Cafe and the Yumbo Centre - so location is pretty good.

by Northscot

1 2 »

Map for Seaside Hotel Sandy Beach Closest airport: Gran Canaria (LPA) 16.6 miles