Le Palace

Room: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Le Palace

Gorgeous hotel in a beautiful city with great people

"I stayed here for one night in May while enroute to Athens. The city is beautiful and the hotel was fabulous. The location is great, just a block or two off of the water, near the center of the city, with many shops, cafes and restaurants very close by. The hotel itself is in a very old (neoclassical, maybe?) but very well maintained building, interiors have obviously been renovated lately. The staff at the front desk was VERY helpful. The hotel does not have it's own parking lot and he told us most guests use the garage around corner. When I mentioned I'd be leaving my car for several days he directed me to a more secure lot just a few blocks away. He got us checked in and we went up to room. It was beautiful (Room 102) with a king sized bed, sofa, desk enough room to spare to install 5 more beds, and two balconies with beautiful, stunning views of the city streets especially at night. Very clean, beautiifully furnished. Later that evening when we returned to the hotel, the desk clerk on duty (not the same as before) made a point of inviting us to the breakfast in the morning. I told him we would be leaving before that time to catch a train, so he made arrangements for a breakfast to be packed for us to take along. i can be a very picky traveller, but considering the only problem I had with the hotel was finding it (it's on a one way street and it took several times around before I found myself on the right block as it was my first time to the city) I found nothing at all to complain about at the hotel itself, I am very impressed. From the housekeeper in the hall who offered extra towels or blankets, the friendly front desk clerk, and the lovely atmosphere of the hotel, I almost didn't want to leave for Athens. I VERY highly recommend this hotel!!!!"

by Damselcat

Lovely hotel, great value

"We stayed here three nights in March and highly recommend it. The price is reasonable in comparison to others in the area, and the room we had was clean and didn't feel cramped as some European hotel rooms do. The location could not possibly be better. It is on THE main street of the city -- a perfect place to set out on foot to various tourist sites with lots of window-shopping in between. There's a multiplex theater nearby where we took in a subtitled "Capote." As for the breakfast: We stayed in hotels around Greece for two weeks, and this was by far the best buffet. The breakfast room was also so pleasant with a window view of the street below."

by nkruh

Highly Recommended

"Highly recommended!

It is very centrally located. All of the best stores and every kind of entertainment places like café-shops, restaurants, etc are at your feet. The rooms are very clean and big. The staff is very friendly and eager to help. It makes you feel like home. The breakfast is excellent with home like recipes.

Whenever in Thessaloniki we will definitely go back to Le Palace!!

by FARAFA

A very decent hotel in Thessaloniki...

"I traveled to Thessaloniki in September and I was lodged on Le Place Hotel for four days (business trip). I would definitely recommend this hotel for three main reasons, namely: kindness and friendliness of the staff, very good buffet breakfast, and superb location (100 m away from the Aegean See, in a commercial street). Only drawback were the state of some secondary furniture elements of the room (chair and coat rack), that could be clearly better maintained, and the bathroom extractor, too much noisy.

I made my reservation via internet and I booked a single standard room, with buffet breakfast included, for a daily rate of 80 €. When I arrived to the hotel, I found more than expected: a double room in the third floor, with plenty of space for one single person, with nice climatic conditions and simply decoration. The bathroom was always very clean but the ventilator, that was exclusively linked to the light switch, generated a annoying buzz, really difficult to stand for more than five minutes.

The breakfast was, in general, very good. Excellent were Greek yogurt and coffee and good taste and enough variety for the rest of food available.

In short, a safe value with a decent price/product rate if visiting Thessaloniki.

by Saulo

Great location

"This hotel is very centrally located to the shops, sea front and main eating/drinking areas. The rooms are large and airy, as is the bathroom. The rooms are also very clean. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. All the sights are within 10-15 minutes walk of the hotel. The breakfast was buffet style and had plenty to choose from and if you've had a late night, they serve breakfast until 11am. We'd definately stop at this hotel again."

by Sardinianovice

Le Palace: we'll be back

"We spent three nights at Le Palace after reading about the excellent value it was supposed to offer and were not disappointed.

Centrally located for shopping, museums and other sightseeing, not to forget the seafront, which offers cool after a day's tourism.

Spacious rooms with good quality furniture, a spacious bathroom, quiet positioning at the back of the building, friendly service both at reception and in the restaurant.

Pity that there was no satellite TV or radio. The much publicized breakfast is very good indeed, but not exceptional. We had lots of other equally tasty breakfasts in Greece and abroad. Next time, we're in Thessaliniki, we'll be at the Palace.

by grifre

Great stay at Le Palace

"We only stayed one night in Thessaloniki, but know we'll be back as we would have liked more time to see the city. Le Palace is a great choice as it is conveniently located about two blocks from the water and the blocks and blocks of cafes and restaurants that face it. Excellent places to sit and enjoy a cofee, ice-cream or drink and socialize, people watch, and watch the sun set. Le Palace is right in the heart of great shopping - both stores and the market, and great sight seeing.

Don't be disappointed when you see the lobby/reception area, as it doesn't look like much. However, the rooms are spacious, with hardwood floors, lots of storage and large bathrooms. The rooms are very clean and well-maintained. There are sitting rooms included on each floor - a nice option for relaxing outside of your room.

An excellent buffet breakfast is served on the mezzanine, with coffee/or tea service to the table. There is something to suit every taste on the breakfast buffet. Service at the hotel is great, with friendly and helpful staff.

by A TripAdvisor Member

Loved Le Palace

"There are at least three Palace hotels in Thessaloniki: Electra Place, Mediterranean Place, Egnatia Palace. This is just Le Palace, on Tsimitski Street, between Aristoteliou Square and the Lakadika eating and entertainment area. Don't be fooled by the rather subdued front-office area: the rooms are nice, well furnished, with modern wooden floors, well appointed bathrooms. Single rooms tend to be very small, so better to fork out a few more euros and get a double, all invariably spacious (ours was priced at 97 euros for double occupancy, incl. breakfast and taxes).

Breakfast is very, very nice, with all possible varieties of hot and cold food, both savoury (pizzas, pitas, sausages, bacons etc) and sweet (cakes, cookies, more sweet local delicacies), fruit and yogurt.

by MEG

Nice location, very good value

"We spent a long weekend in Thessaloniki and were very happy with the Palace Hotel. It is located right in the middle of the action on Tsimiski St. Except for the ride to/from the airport, we didn't need any public transportation to see the town. Rooms were big, bathrooms were nice with lots of hot water, breakfast was delicious. Highly recommend!"

by PaulSonda

Only reasonable hotel in Thess

"This place is the same price if not a bit cheaper than other Hotels nearby. It seems to be the only place where you can actually get a double bed, maybe Greeks are scared of sleeping with their women?

Clean, satellite TV and a good breakfast. DO NOT STAY AT THE METROPOLITAN OR THE PARK HOTEL unless you want to pay more, sleep in seperate beds and listen to street noise all night.

No problems with the Palace.

by A TripAdvisor Member