Oia's Sunset

Good

Room: 8.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Oia's Sunset

Comfort and Joy...

"We spent 4 nights at Oia's Sunset. Panos greeted us in such a warm and jovial manner and gave us a great room (more of a one bedroom apartment, complete with kitchen and living room). The location is perfect and centrally located. Although not at the top of the caldera just steps away. Need I mention, the sunset view from one of the terraces is picture perfect. The pool area is quite nice and a great area to sit and enjoy breakfast and chat with other hotel guests. I am so happy I stayed in Oia as opposed to Fira, and Oia's Sunset only enhanced the experience. A must do, walk down the winding steps to Amoudi at sunset, dine at one of the Psarotavernas at the bottom then cab it back to Oia's center."

by sofeeah

Fabulous

"Booked the hotel through a Greek travel agent.

Hotel is situated a few steps from the main "square" in Oia. The square has a mini mart, café, and an Internet café that also does laundry on a per kilo basis. The buses come into the square to take you to other parts of the island (through Fira).

Hotel is just like the pictures on the Internet. Very white and clean. The room was spotless and had TV and AC - although we did not need it even in July with the nice trade winds. We had a kitchenette and bathroom. Both were a bit dated, but it was nice to have a stove, refrigerator, and a hot shower. The shower had no curtain - which we found on nearly every island.

Panos is quite the exceptional host/proprietor/tour guide/ restauranteur/direction provider - you get the picture. He is at the bar/coffee counter all day and all night. He is delightful as are his daughter and wife. Panos makes you feel very welcome and will help you with absolutely anything. He even did our laundry for us when we were going to pay at the Internet cafe.

My wife and I found everything to be just fabulous. The location is great. The rooms are clean. Panos ties everything together quite nicely. We would not even think of staying anywhere else if we are lucky enough to return to Santorini.

by Roma8

Fantastic Santorini

"We had a fantastic stay in Santorini and the fact that our hotel was so well located, the room bright and spacious, our individual terrace with a beautiful sunset view and our host so pleasant and helpful were not the least appreciable things!!! we will go again for sure!"

by CG&RM

excellent hotel

"The hotel was excellent. Location is great - 2 minute walk to the caldera / volcano view, & probably more than half the price of hotels actually on the caldera.

Loads of restaurants around & I echo what others say about Panos the manager - such a nice chap, friendly, helpful & a smiley face all the time.

would definately stay there again.

only thing that irritated me is that the bathroom was a "wet room". the shower had no curtain or door so the whole bathroom got wet, but that is a minor niggle in the greater scheme of things.

by larrens

Perfect and affordable

"Oia's Sunset has a superb location behind the central church square with a coveted view of the sunset (which you cannot have with a view of the caldera). Spacious, scrupulously clean apartments (each with its own terrace) and a good size swimming pool. Oia's Sunset is excellent value for money and from what we could see, superior to many of the more expensive hotels on the caldera side of Oia. In addition, the manager Panos is a fun and generous host who goes out of his way to make you welcome and improve your stay. We were thrilled with our choice."

by A TripAdvisor Member

Loved the Oia Sunset and the Hospitality

"The Oia's Sunset was the highlight of our trip to the Greek Islands. The apt. we had there allowed us both a view of the Sunset and the delight of the pool. We had both a balcony at the back and the front. The place was spacious, clean, well equipped and allowed for us to have breakfasts in which we enjoyed after all the travelling.

I had a birthday while there, and thanks to the Manager Panos, working with my Son, in another country, it was a memorable one, complete with flowers and dinner at a restaurant overlooking the Caldera.

This hotel is truly the Greek experience. It is near all the activity of Oia yet in a quiet location. It is just steps from the bus stop that will take you to Fira, the Port ...anywhere you want to go. There are local shops for groceries and pasteries as well as all the beautiful shops of the local artisans.

I had the best 6 days of a holiday ever at the beautiful Oia Sunset Hotel.

Special thanks to Panos - their efficient "no problem" Manager.

by Chapsfun

Panos makes you feel at home

"Nice appartment (clean, spacy, fine bed, shower>no bath), nice swimming pool and a hotel manager that makes you feel at home from day one. Panos makes you drinks, listens to your stories when you return to the hotel and has made it his objective to make his guests enjoy their stay. He has even been babysitting for our little sun so we could go out and watch the sunset.

Oia sunset is located in the centre of Oia; not at the caldera which is suitable for small kids as well. They are often not allowed in hotels at the caldera.

by A TripAdvisor Member

Could not ask for more...

"My mum and I stayed here for a week from 27 September 05 and we were both very pleased that after much deliberation we decided to stay at Oia's Sunset Apartments.

True it is not one of the many hotels hugging the cliff top overlooking the caldera but this is reflected in the very reasonable price you pay. Having said that, less than two minutes up the path and you can see what so many people pay the earth to see from their accommodation and you can see it for free!

The accommodation itself is quite small in size but that is no disadvantage and it is run by possibly the most helpful manager in Santorini – Panos! He goes the extra mile to ensure that his guests have the best stay they could possibly have and is on hand with lots of tips should you need them. He is also happy to arrange excursions and car hire for you which is a great help.

Our apartment could sleep up to three and was of a good size and cleaned daily, equipped with all you need for your stay. We had a balcony and a terrace as do many of the rooms and you can see the famous sunset if you position yourself on the right staircase!

We hired a jeep and went round the island for two days but I can honestly say that I am glad we chose to stay in Oia and if I went back, I would make the same choice again, with the same accommodation too (what do I mean if, that should say when)! Only hope that Panos would be there on hand with yummy fresh honey in the morning for breakfast.

I would recommend the accommodation to anyone wishing to stay in Oia. The pool is a good size and the location of the accommodation is great (right near the main square (although this is not noisy) and the buses to the rest of the island).

There are fantastic places to eat in Oia and I would strongly recommend the walk down to the Bay of Ammoudi (although the walk up is a struggle after a few Mythos and lots of fresh seafood and Greek salad!!!). For those of you who can not manage the walk, you can get a taxi down there. Kyra Katina and Sunset Taverna in Ammoudi are both good. Up in Oia there are lots of places to eat – Seagull Restaurant with a view of the Caldera is lovely at lunch and Ambrosia and Nectar, 1800 and Papagalos are all superb although a little on the expensive side.

Just writing this makes me want to return now…

Give it a try, you will not be disappointed!!!

by GeorgieAnnie

Loved the hotel and most of all, the manager! ;)

"My husband and I decided to go to Santorini for a week's break at the beginning of September and were really looking forward to a relaxing week. Looking for a hotel in Santorini was scary (as all those who have looked will know), the prices range widely and for those who have never been there, it was all a little confusing! But how glad we were to have chosen Oia's Sunset.

A word about the manager first... Oia's Sunset is a small hotel and as such you will be dealing with the manager most of the time. Panos, the manager, is Greek hospitality at the very best. He is ALWAYS cheerful and loves a joke and nothing better than making friends out of his guests. He gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants (in Oia, try Skala or Kastro, Katro is fantastic for the sunset and very reasonable, Skala has really delicious food at a very reasonable price too!), booked us a wonderful sailing trip to the volcano islands, hot springs and recommended a scooter rental place (Drossos who were fantastic! They came to rescue us from the other side of the island when our scooter key broke, gave us a replacement scooter all without charge!). Everytime we came back from our little excursions exhuasted, he is always there at the bar to give you a drink and to hear about the day's adventures! I feel very proud that both my husband and I can call Panos a friend at the end of the week's stay.

We had a one-bedroom apartment for 80 euros a night, which was excellent for what we got. It was a spacious apartment with a kitchen, living area, dining area and a spacious bedroom with a comfortable double bed plus a little outdoor terrace with chairs and table... which was great for having breakfast. Space is a rare commodity in Santorini and many hotels have shoe boxes they call studios and charge crazy prices because of the sunset/caldera views. Oia's Sunset is only literally a minute's walk to the caldera and some of the rooms have got terraces with sunset views...

Our room was cleaned every day without fail and new towels provided. There are extra pillows and blankets and lots of hanging space if you need them. The pool was smallish but it was great for a dip. We spent most of the time at the many beautiful beaches in Santorini anyway. We have NO complaints about the service whatsoever. The staff there is very friendly.

Oia's Sunset is also literally a stone's throw from the bus stop in the square in Oia, which is great if you don't drive. It is only 1 euro to get the bus into Fira. And it is also a stone'd throw away from several supermarkets, souvenir shops (who will sell you postcards and stamps) and a postbox! My only advice would be that some of the apartments/rooms face a fairly busy walking path to the caldera and if you are sensitive to noise, request for one of the apartments on the other side of the building. Having said that, I am a light sleeper and did not have a problem despite in a bedroom that was over the walkway as Oia is not a party town and the streets are fairly quiet after midnight and doesn't get busy till after 10am.

I would definitely recommend Oia's Sunset to ANYONE who comes to Santorini. Oia is beautiful and staying at Oia's Sunset Hotel made our holiday a truly memorable one.

by angeline1976

Wonderful location for a Honeymoon!

"We spent the first 4 nights of our honeymoon in Ia at this hotel. We were extremely pleased. We took a taxi from the airport. The taxi dropped us off a few steps away from the hotel entrance (this is not possible everywhere in Santorini). We were greated by Panos, the wonderful hotel manager/owner. He was a very warm and welcoming host. He made sure that we were completely satisfied with everything. He would check in with us everyday.

The room was spacious with a kitchenette, very clean. The bathroom was sufficient (though it did not have a bathtub, just a shower). The bed was too hard for our taste (like all beds during our trip in Greece) and perhaps the mattresses has seen better days.

The hotel does not have a restaurant, but it is VERY conveniently located to the main tourist area of Ia. There was a scooter rental shop, mini market, etc located close by.

We rented a scooter and explored the island most days but there was also a regular convenient bus to town. Panos also recommended a very nice half-day cruise which we enjoyed a lot. He provided us with maps and other useful information for our stay.

We booked directly with the hotel by email (though I was unsuccessful at faxing the reservation but he confirmed by phone no problem). Panos was very accomodating about everything. As many of the retailers on the island, he prefers to be paid cash but will accept CC.

Extremely good value for the price.

by izzycbr