Hotel L'Antico Convitto

Cleanliness: 9.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel L'Antico Convitto

Wonderful boutique

"We had a wonderful stay at the Antico Convitto. We had two teenage girls with us and they too loved the room and hotel. Location was perfect just meters from the main piazza, a supermarket downstairs near the entrance to the hotel and restaurants, cafes and gelateria on your doorstep. We stayed for 3 nights then moved onto Sorrento for another 3 nights and regretted it! I would skip Sorrento and stay

the whole time in Amalfi at this hotel. But by all means a visit to Sorrento is a must and easily done by bus or ferry form Amalfi. The room was air conditioned, spacious and modern. The staff could not have been more friendly and attentive. We had a family room that had a kitchenette, dining table, separate bedroom and the kids slept on the comfortable sofa bed. We did not have water views but they were lovely all the same as we looked out onto some homes and trees and pathway. Breakfast was a small continental buffet and they made great coffees and hot chocolates. The hotel is difficult to find as it is up an alley way but if you look for the traffic light on the main street then it is only about 50meters further on the same side and look for the small sign in white with blue writing. The car park is further on but they can have someone come and collect the car for you if you call them in advance and let them know your time of arrival.

by travel_loverSydney

Great experience in Amalfi!!

"I stayed in this small 3* hotel (11 rooms),situated at the 2nd floor(there's the lift) of an old building in an alley in the heart of Amalfi (few meters from Piazza Duomo),4 nights:a great experience!!

The hotel has been surely recently renovated and the rooms are very very nice,clean,spacious and comfortable,with great bathrooms.The junior suite in which I accomodated has the jacuzzi too!

The breakfast,with a small buffet but however satisfactory,was included in the price of the room,together with the kindness of the owners.It has a settled garage too(16 euro for day).

I reccomend it without hesitation and I will surely stay there again if in Amalfi.

by aldetto

Great Place!

"Great location right in the centre of Amalfi (but without noise disturbance!). The room was newly refurbished, spacious, well fitted out (even an inexpensive mini-bar) but most of all it was extremely clean and airy.

Breakfast was a selection of yoghurts, cakes, cereals and the usual continental fare but it was good quality. Last but not least, Francesca and the staff were very helpful and friendly without being obtrusive.

My girlfriend and I would definitely stay here again and it deserves more than the 3 star rating that it has.

We were delighted we chose Amalfi as the place to base ourselves on the Amalfi coast as it has a great choice of restaurants, ferry departures to other towns and a great beach just a few minutes from the town centre.

by Seanieod

Outstanding

"Quick overview:

Just spent 22 days (April 9-30) in Italy as a single traveler: I stayed in 12 hotels priced from 50 to 80 Eur/night. I looked long and hard on the Internet to find the best hotels I could afford. In general, most of them are better than “budget/backpacker” hotels and you get great value for your buck: I rated 3 “average”, 5 “good” and 4 “outstanding”. Here is a quick review of this hotel as compared with the others.

I cheated a bit with L’Antico Convitto, my second hotel in Amalfi, by booking a double room for single use. The room was huge and beautifully decorated and had an amazing view of orange trees and the Torre Dello Ziro up high in the mountains. The staff was great and breakfast was basic with bread and croissant, jam, yogurt, cereals, juice and coffee. The hotel is situated on the 4th floor, in a small alley near the Internet shop and Chiesa Santa Maria dell’Addolorata. It is about 5min. from the town center (quieter!). At 80 Eur/night, it was a bit more expensive but it was worth it: I rate it OUTSTANDING.

by Mtlsouth

Fantastic location and value

"The Antico Convitto was an excellent choice for Amalfi. The location is fantastic - in the centre of town but up a little side street so it was pretty peaceful for Italy (a country not known for its peaceful towns!!). Our room was a junior suite with a fab mezzanine jacuzzi tub which I just adored!!!! The staff were very friendly and kind and helpful, and breakfast was very food. It was all excellent value in an expensive part of Italy.

One thing that impressed me was that the hotel emailed me a fortnight beforehand with directions on how to find the hotel. I ran out of printing paper so didn't print...and hugely regretted that. It's quite hard to find the hotel without directions, so PRINT EVERYTHING OFF!!

by Ramsden

A haven close to the centre

"Having stayed at the Best Western in Sorrento, we wanted somewhere smaller and more personal. Hotel L'Antico Convitto was just the place. Only 100 yards from the central plaza, the hotel is perfectly located for relaxing in Amalfi. The room (I think it was number 5) we had was spacious, nicely furnished and incredibly clean with a lovely pair of windows that opened out over the roof tops. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, providing us with coffee whenever 'needed'. Amalfi also provided a perfect spot for exploring other locations (Capri / Positano) along the coast by either car or boat. Excellent value for money - I think we paid around £65 per night. Another important point....the Hotel is sufficiently close to the clock tower that you can hear the bells, but not too close! We'll definitely go back to Hotel L'Antico Convitto if we return to the Amalfi Coast."

by Outofessex

Perfect

"We just returned from Italy and were planning a trip to Campobasso but then changed our plans at the last minute and booked a room at L'Antico Convitto online. We had no idea what we were getting into but hoped for the best and absolutely got it. What a great place!! Right off the main street so you're close to everything yet still extremely quiet. The young woman at the front desk could not have been nicer and more helpful. Great, big room with a huge bathroom and awesome shower (we had 4 people so this was important). We went to bed one night and awoke to the sounds of fireworks outside, so we opened our window and what a view! It was a town holiday so they were setting off fireworks off of a boat and we had the perfect place to watch! My kids were so excited and they still talk about it and will always remember it. Make sure you stay here. Great place and a great price (120 euro for a quad room)."

by A TripAdvisor Member

Lovely Place to Stay

"Hotel L'Anticco Convitto was such a pleasure to stay in, the staff were wonderful, so helpful and they did their utmost to try to understand our very broken Italian and were more than happy to bring us a cup of tea or coffee to the room when we asked! The hotel itself is located on the 4th floor of a building that is a couple of hundred metres from the main square, you have to get a lift up or climb a few flights of stairs to reach reception, but it all added to the charm of the place! We had a room (which we paid 70 euro a night for), it was excellent value, we were expecting something quite small but to our delight it was quite big with a window that overlooked plants and trees. The rooms were kept spotlessly clean. The breakfast was good, it was continental only so we ate quite a few croissants .. probably too many as all of the pastries were very fresh! This hotel is excellent value, we stayed for 7 nights and we would go back. The only thing was that there is nowhere to sit outdoors in the hotel, however at such value of 70 euro a night, this is probably hoping for a bit too much!"

by Quidam

Perfect respite on the Amalfi coast

"Hotel L'Antico Convitto is located a couple of blocks off of the main square and from the Duomo. It takes up one floor of a medieval building. We stayed in a suite for about EU 110 during the high season. Although we did not have a view of the sea, I could not have asked for a better place to stay while in Amalfi. Rooms were large and clean, accented with Amalfi tile. The bathroom was the largest I saw during my trip to Italy. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful during our four-day stay with them. There was an AC in the room, but we did not use it. Although the hotel was located just off the main street, it was extrememly quiet. We had a suite, which was really a small apartment, with a dining table, a small kitchen and sitting room. I highly recommend L'Antico Convitto!"

by catleigh

Read more reviews of Hotel L'Antico Convitto at TripAdvisor

Map for Hotel L'Antico Convitto Closest airport: Naples International (NAP) 23.8 miles