Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort

Value: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort

Enter your dates:

About Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort

The family-friendly Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort is ideally situated near the city’s main attractions and stunning beach. Just 4 miles away from the 5-star resort you can find both the Il Mercanto shopping mall for your 21 st century shopping needs, and the Old Market to step back in time and barter with the local tradespeople. The hotel sits on the shores of the Red Sea and, with an onsite dive centre, provides the perfect base for a diving holiday. A dip into the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea reveals the hidden treasures underneath – some of the world's best preserved coral and an abundance of colourful tropical fish. The luxurious outdoor pool complex boasts no fewer than 7 pools and the guest rooms make the most of the outstanding views of the sea and the hotel’s stunning gardens. For travellers looking for a holiday packed full of delicious food, glorious Egyptian weather, culture, sea and relaxation, the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort provides all of this and more. From the garden maintenance staff to the cleaners and the waiters in the bar and restaurant, a warm welcome is guaranteed.

Facilities, Entertainment, Activities

At the popular Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, a vast array of water-activities, sports and luxury treatments is provided for the enjoyment of guests. For water-lovers, there is a private beach and jetty where the on-site diving school is based; here both scuba diving and snorkelling are on offer. Run by the Ocean College, dives from the jetty and from the boat are available. Inside the resort complex, the 7 different pools provide a sand-free swimming alternative, and spacious Jacuzzi pools add that luxury element.  Volleyball, stretch classes and aqua aerobics are just a few of the activities arranged by the animation team. Tennis courts and a fitness centre provide ample opportunity to work up a sweat, or take a short 1 kilometer trip north of Naema Bay for a round of golf. If you are not fortunate enough to have left work behind, the hotel’s excellent meeting room has the facilities to give you a tranquil place to get your work done. This includes wireless internet access, printing and photocopying facilities. Here you can also conduct meetings for up to 30 people.

Room Information and Room Facilities

Whether you stay in a guest room with exquisite garden and sea views or a roomy Junior Suite with a balcony, you can be confident of a good night’s sleep. Out on the balcony, the balmy evenings and the cold cocktails brought up by room service are an inviting prospect. The comfortable rooms provide the perfect private space to relax in after a busy day at the resort. A large desk is provided for work (or writing postcards) and every room comes with a safe deposit box, tea and coffee making facilities and a spacious en-suite bathroom with a bathtub. The rooms are furnished with either king or twin beds for optimum comfort. All rooms have access to high-speed internet.

Food and Drink Options

Dining options range from buffet style meals to A La Carte fine dining in the resort’s restaurants. At the Paradise Reef Restaurant, you can grab a burger in the daytime and choose from a variety of meal options in the evening. For a romantic holiday meal, head to the Verdi Bistro. An Italian-style eatery serving the finest of Mediterranean cuisine, the 8-course menu includes fresh homemade pizzas and delicious pasta dishes. A genuine taste of Egypt is on offer at the Shish Bish Restaurant where traditional Arabic food is served under the stars. A good selection of cafes and bars are spotted around the resort, with views of the sea and the gardens. Café Shalalat is the go-to spot for a breakfast pastry and a coffee; the perfect place to plan the day’s activities. If you fancy a cool fruit juice or a cocktail, the Tipsy Turtle Bar is right on the beach front next to the sun-loungers.

1 2 3 »
poor food by julieforsyth

Had a fabulous holiday at this hotel lovely rooms great pools stunning views the only downfall is the main restaurant and food. The restaurant is all glass sided therefore is very hot when eating having sweat running down my face when eating is not great. My husband and I found it difficult to eat as food was much the same every evening and I feel they didn't cater for us British. such a shame as the hotel and staff are fantastic

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, booked with First Choice

better then the burj al arab! by jimbobdod

stayed in the burj al arab, dubai last year and honestly think the service, cleanliness at waterfalls on a whole was better! will definately return to egypt to stay at hilton waterfalls!! meny thanks

• Holiday details: Apr 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont go shopping!!!

A few truths about this hotel. by William Mullen

My wife and I have just returned (29 March 2009) from a week's holiday at this hotel. I would like to state firstly, that I did'nt go there with high expectations, in actual fact I really went with little to no expectations at all. From the offset I did'nt think this was a 'five star' hotel, but I suppose if I'm honest, I harboured a hope that it may reach 3.5 star at the least.

Our week's holiday is a pretty simple affair. Laze about during the day by the pool, reading, chilling out and at night get a nice dinner and a couple of drinks and do this for seven days to recharge the batteries, so to speak.

I will deal with the negatives firstly. The way I view it, that by following our idea of a holiday, the food is a pretty important part because we are not asking for that much more out of the holiday. As per usual the food is served buffet style and I will stipulate here that I am not a fussy eater. I can more or less eat what is put down to me. My wife may a bit more discerning than me but even I have to agree with her that the food was, quite frankly, crap. It was low quality food and the preparation was woeful. There was nothing of merit concerning the food and this is true of both breakfast and the dinner buffets. I felt heart sorry for the people who had paid for all inclusive and were lumbered with lunch as well. There are three restaurants in the hotel. The main 'La Cascade', another one down at the beach (where you could have a romantic dinner overlooking the Red sea) and an Italian bistro. Under our half board deal we could eat in the main one and the one down by the beach. If we wanted to it eat 'a la carte' in the Italian bistro we would have had to pay. We ate in the main restaurant on our first night and as I have already stated it was awful. So the second night we tried the one down by the beach, as it happened it was our wedding anniversary, so a romantic dinner by the sea was quite apt. Foolishly we had thought it was 'a la carte' but of course it was buffet style here as well. While completing our meal, we both saw 'Abdul the rat' scampering along a wall beside us and through a doorway into the building. Good start to our 5 star experience of the Hilton Waterfalls eh! I, of course, informed one of the waiters about our close encounter.

I happen to enjoy a bottle of wine with my meal, we discovered that the wine list contained Egyptian wine only and a bottle ranged between £20 to £30. Nothing on this earth will convince me that this wine's wholesale cost would be any more that £2. So as far as I am concerned the mark up on the wine was downright profiteering.

We also discovered that the alcholic drinks in the hotel are extortionately priced. Two vodka's with juice, £10 each.

When you look at the bar price list you see a figure for, for example, a vodka but what you don't see in the small print is that a 12% service charge and 10% tax charge will be added to your bill. The result is that what you think you are going to pay for your drinks order is inflated by a substantial amount when you get the bill. I thought of this as dishonest and I don't see why they cannot list the prices including all charges and taxes.

I found the retail prices throughout the hotel as extortionate and as a 'captured market' I believe the hotel management are taking advantage and again, quite frankly, ripping people off. I am prepared to accept that alcohol is more expensive in a particular country but I could'nt help get the feeling that the patrons of the hotel were getting a raw deal.

There was ample amount of staff, all men, in the restaurants, down by the pool, everywhere. And they are friendly and courteous, to the point of annoying you by the, what seemed like, constant disruption in what you are doing. They are also, in my opinion, constantly on the make for tips. I am not stingy, but I reckon tips are earned. I never witnessed any of these guys earning a tip. I reckon the hotel management should remove this 'atmosphere' of their staff on the make. Might sound harsh but it's true.

Our room was large and spacious but the furniture was bit 'tired' and in my opinion could do with being replaced.

So on to the positives, the weather was great. Not a cloud in the sky for seven days. The hotel grounds and the pools were good, plenty of sunloungers, so no need to worry about getting your towels out there at six in the morning. The chamber service was good, the towels were changed every day. Incidentally the chamberboy got a tip.

The shuttle bus to Naama Bay, where you had your pick of decent restaurants and decent food.

Finally my reason for this review. I paid a good bit more than I usually do for a similar holiday in Spain or the Canaries. I feel that this hotel and it's management strategy is to profit expedientially from their self proclaimed 5 star status. This hotel is not a 5 star hotel, probably 3.5 star in truth. But the service provided is, in my humble opinion, utilising poor quality and inexperience to ensure the mark up is set heavily in the favour of a very large profit margin. This is to the detriment of the service the management has a moral obligation to provide it's patrons with.

• Holiday details: Mar 2009, Half Board, booked with Expedia
  • Advice: Don
  • Activities: Concentrate your eating efforts in Naama Bay.

Great Place by stacierejah

This place is very beautiful, has great food, great staff and a really great view. Plus, you can walk outside the hotel and go to tons of markets that are near by - El Mercato and El Fayla Wa Layla. The beach isn't the perfect beach because there is no option for shoreline snorkling. It is located on a great coral reef, which you must walk out to on a floating dock and jump in. For young children or people who don't know how to swim it might be kind of dangerous, that's why its better to have a shoreline walk in option for those types of people.

• Holiday details: Dec 2008, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Sharm El Sheikh is an absolute dream, if you are at the right hotel!
  • Activities: Beaches, Naama Bay, El Mercato Market and St Catherines

shabby by lorraine41

The only thing going for Sharm is the weather.This is not a 5* hotel about 3 1/2.

The rooms are badly in need of a refirb. No slippers bathrobes etc. Threadbare towels.

Dirty bathroom with hairs on the floor belonging to last guest at least.

The pools were clean and attractive.

Old Sharm is filthy not old and quaint just like an explosion of junk in the street.

Taxi drivers are rude no seatbelts and drive like lunatics even with small children in the back. Use hotel shuttle better service for same price and they do pick you up when they say they will.

what about the shop thats called 911 gifts person working in the shop said "He not own it". This was in Macado shopping centre.

Place full of rude Russians and food catering was geared towards them, would not go back, why go on holiday to be worse off than you are at home.

A1 Holiday! by billy79

Myself and 3 other female friends have just returned from a weeks stay at the Hilton Waterfalls Resort Sharm, I have to say this was the best holiday we have been on as a group, feels like a dream.

The resort is amazing all the staff reception, waiters, barmen, chefs, liftboys, cleaners etc.... were all friendly and always smiling, and all extremely helpful. They went out there way to ensure we had a pleasant say.

We opted for bed and breakfast, breakfast selection is excellent and keeps you full right up until dinner! Going AI and half board works out more expensive overall, it is much cheaper without this option. The hotel has some excellent restaurants I recommend Verdi's food is one of the best I've tasted and service is great, Zahle zu Mehr is also good you can choose your own fresh fish caught that day. There is a great restaurant sugar hut on the opposite side of the road to the hotel, food is cheap and tasty. For traditional Egyptian food I would recommend El Mesrien in the old market about a 5-10min taxi ride from the Hilton and costs 20LE (£2). The old market is also good for shopping as you can really barter the prices here.

Depending on what type of holiday you are after Naama Bay is about 10-15mins drive away and costs 30LE by cab, the hotel offers a shuttle service which is 10LE each way. Naama Bay is much livelier than Hadaba (Where resort is) and it has all the known nightclubs, lots of restaurants/cafes and shops. We went to Naama Bay twice and found ourselves missing the Hilton resort and came back early. The resort has everything for those of you who are after pure relaxation, some days we didnt leave the resort!!! Shish Bish and Chillax are great for relaxing, the resort has plenty of bars, restaurants, a disco, shops, health spa, choice of pools, diving centre, plenty of activites throughout the day. There is a market place on the opposite side of the road and on the same side 2mins walk away is a pharmacy and supermarket.

I would thouroughly recommend the quad bike super safari, one of the best experiences Ive had and only costs approx £28. Its approx 4-5hours and involves quad biking through the Sinai desert, watching the sunset, camel riding, and bedouin dinner under the stars in the desert. We also tried the parasailing and for the price is worth it. We booked all our excursions through Poisedon which is based at the resort right next to the turtle bar. Sameh the manager is the best person to speak to, he will advise you on the best excursion to suit your needs and what you want to get out of the experience. The hotel has an excellent diving centre and snorkelling is a must. For those of you who are not strong swimmers you can see plenty of tropical fish from the jetti's.

I cant find a bad thing to say about the resort, only thing I will say is be prepared for the mosquitos!! The hotel sprays the entire resort each night but its best to be extra prepared so do take repellent.

Overall I must say this is fantastic place to stay, rooms are spacious and the cleaners do a great job each day. Weather was fantastic between 33 - 37 degrees while we were there, the view is fantastic the sunrise and sunset is a must see, great view from the balcony. Food and staff service is great and facilities is excellent! The resort is suitable for groups of friends, couples, families and honeymooners. I would highly recommend it and I would definately stay here again.

A1 holiday!!

I visited this hotel in August 2006... by A Non

I visited this hotel in August 2006 and had a great time! On arrival we were given our key and our luggage was brought to our room rather promtply.

Staff were really friendly, particularly the guy in the lift who thought he looked like Eddie Murphy, and Mohammed who worked at the bar in the Chillax pool.

The pools were great, one really large one by the beach and if you wanted something more peaceful, then there is one at the top.

There were plenty of sunbeds, although a few more parasols would be the only improvement I could make, but you don't have to be there at 8am to get one, we arrived approx 10-11 ever morning and the pool guy always got our towels ready for us on the sunloungers we liked, which was nice. Its not the kind of place you can sunbath out all day, with 46 degree heat!!!! The pool bar (seats i nthe water) is a refreshing change especially with a Stella, Luxor, Sakara, all great ..... Egyptian wine is ok after a few glasses, and anything outside of Europe can be expensive.

We were there on a B&B basis and the food was fine, we also ate at the fish restaurant and the Italian and again food was fine, really nice in the fish restaurant. We even got to pick our fish!

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone, friends, families, couples etc, everyone was welcomed!

the service was fantastic, catered... by B C Rattu

the service was fantastic, catered for every whim, really really clean, safe enviroment, we had 3 teenager's they just loved it, were actually thinking of going back.

we had a barman called muktar by our poolside, he really made us feel at home, he spoke a number of languages, he could relate to his guest's, his english was great, we felt we made a really good friend, a friend for life, he is a genuine person, he got married yesterday,we wish all the best and good luck in his future.

the resort is fantastic, snorking, diving, shopping, clubbing, etc, it's all there...................... and the tourist police are just everywhere!!!

We've just had a brilliant holiday... by A Woolgar

We've just had a brilliant holiday here. The hotel is about 20 mins from the airport and is in a quiet setting not far from the Old Market.

We found everyone at this hotel very friendly and accommodating in a genuine way. They all seemed to adore our children.

The setting is great, the gardens are beautiful, and the hotel is all lit up at night and looks stunning. There are 8 pools in total, including adult only pools and two heated pools (good for young children). I enjoyed watching the Aqua Gym - especially the eye candy instructor!

We had a seaview room overlooking the main pool, but we tended to use the heated pools with our boys.

For 5 stars, our room was a bit tired. The bathroom was very dated, and the corridor behind our room resembled a car park.

We were a little disappointed with the kids club. It was really more of a creche, and other than drawing & painting, TV there weren't many activities nor many toys. It was very clean, and well presented though.

If you've got small children, I'd ask for a room on level 3 overlooking the small pool. It will be easier with buggies etc to get to the kids club and heated pool.

The main restaurant was OK - typical hotel buffet food really. A bit weak on salads / fruit, but great if you like puddings! We often had to wait for a table.

All in all, this hotel is great. We will be going back to Egypt, but next time will probably stay at one of the newer hotels.

I and my other half who are both in... by C Haeger

I and my other half who are both in our mid 20 stayed at the Hilton Waterfalls last year and absolutely loved it.

The hotel was gorgeous, the room very large and clean and the food fantastic. We especially liked the Italian restaurant but the buffet breakfast was also very good with a huge choice.

The staff were friendly and polite and the maids made various decorations, such as swans and hearts, out of towels which were left on our bed for when we returned from the beach or pool each day.

The only thing I didn’t enjoy so much was the hair-raising driving of the local taxi drivers! My tip is the use the hotel 'limousine' service as this is actually just a more modern car (with seatbelts!) and costs the same as the local taxis.

Snorkelling is fantastic and I recommend the lazy day boat trip which is so relaxing. We also went to Cairo by road and stayed overnight, exhausting but well worth seeing.

Riding through the very silent desert on a camel for a late night, camp fire dinner under millions of stars was an experience we will never forget.

The same goes for the climb to the top of Mount Sinai through the middle of the night to watch the sunrise at the top, absolutely exhausting but totally amazing.

Egypt is unforgettable and we loved every minute.

We will be going back and when we do it will definitely be to stay at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls.

I traveled to Sharm only a short time... by amandac

I traveled to Sharm only a short time after the bombings and found a town in shock but moving forward, rebuilding, cleaning up and returning to the norm of giving the scuba diving tourist a holiday of a lifetime.

The convenience of the Hilton on Peace Rd Naama Bay, was marred by it sitting next to the Ghazarla gardens and across the road from the Movenpick, so the tragedy was never far from your thoughts, but the sheer joy of diving in Ras Mohammed and Straits of Tiran made the beauty of the town and its coast the silver lining to the tragedy, Good Service, decent rooms and a lovely pool could be found at the hotel, and guaranteed weather, what more could you ask for?

My family, including 2 teenagers,... by N Clegg

My family, including 2 teenagers, have just returned from a weeks stay.

The hotel is great, our rooms were in the 24xx sequence which we would also recommend (see last reviewer).

All staff, indeed it would seem all Egyptians, are incredibly friendly and helpful.

We went for the snorkelling and were not disappointed but more of that anon... The swimming pools were lovely, the lower ones unheated but beautiful. The upper heated pools are small but fine if you need them.

We went on B&B basis which is our recommendation. We were offered HB for US$23pp/night which didn't make sense since the buffet dinner only cost GBP11 per night.

We actually ate out some evenings, buffet others and room service for the remainder. Everything is very reasonably priced.

A good Room Service, pizza was less than GBP4. Our only constructive criticisms would be: the buffet food is rather samey - they have different themes but the content doesn't seem to differ that much, the other problem we had was getting used to this tipping lark.

It is quite clear that every service received may warrant a tip but it gets more complicated if the bill includes a 10% service charge - which many do.

A note of caution - don't bother with the so called "Old Market" or "souq". Its rubbish.

It is not actually old, obviously, because everything has been built post the 67 war. To make matters worse it has all the run down dirty elements of a dump with none of the local charm.

I would normally not recommend tourist attractions such as the Naama Bay shopping but in reality it is no less original than the old market and at least it has a pleasant atmosphere.

Now to the most important thing - the snorkelling. It is simply stunning. Just jump in off the floating pontoon at the hotel and you encounter the coral wall going north and south.

In fact you can see a huge variety of fish etc. through the crystal clear water from the surface.

My son, something of a fanatic, saw about 50 different species just from the hotel pontoon and the list climbed to 80 including Ras Mohamed and Tiran Island.

We took underwater camera gear and have some fantastic photos. I am far from a marine life freak but I was overwhelmed.

Two warnings - PLEASE PLEASE don't touch the coral - it is not going to be there for my grandchildren at this rate.

Secondly, the place simply heaves with Russians and I have never come across such a rude bunch of people - well actually there were a few from the UK on our trip to Tiran Island that I would have preferred avoiding but nothing like the Russians.

Yes we would go back to this hotel and Sharm!

1 2 3 »

Stayed at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort? Share your insight.

Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort also called

• hilton sharm el-sheikh
  • hilton sharm waterfalls hotel
  • hilton waterfalls
  • hilton waterfalls sharm
  • sharm el-sheikh hilton
  • Address: Ras Um El-Sid Cliff, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt

Map for Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort Closest airport: Sharm El Sheikh (SSH) 9.7 miles