Atlantica Aegean Blue Beach Resort

Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Atlantica Aegean Blue Beach Resort

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
relaxing holiday ever by rosie

i cannot praise this hotel enough or the wonderful staff who cannot do enough for you. i disagree that its mainly for families as there were plenty of old dears there fightin over the sun loungers having a good time. yes theres other nationalities but no one is made to feel like second class citizens, and my room was never not tidied by the maids so ive no complaints there either, food is lovely and theres so much choice from different countries. I want to thank every single member of staff at the aegean for a superb holiday , for the warmth and kindness showed to myself and my children , i feel other hotels could learn by your example. we will certainly be booking with you again next year.

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: lots of mosquito repellant all day and night.

Many many thanks by saima55

Just arrival home and I must say this holiday we spent in this hotell was exellent ,everythig was just perfect .Food ,room and the evenig program super fantastic !!!

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Finnmatkat Tui
  • Advice: This a place where You can just relax

Not what I expeted for an upgrade by Dorset

We upgraded to a Bungalow but not what we expected.

It was more like a basement room. The room itself was fine although we went out on a trip and left the room at 7am arrived back at 4.30pm to find the room had not been made up. Also could not use the patio area due to no Sun and no privacy people walking passed could look straight into room. Staff, reception and tour operator were very good. Sadly will not be returning.

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: No

Disappointed expected 5 star by melissa

First time to go for 5 star really looking forward to it but it was more like a 3 star. Our room in the deluxe bungalow was overun with tiny ant like flies. Cleaners seem to avoid calling at our room I think because it was the last one of the block and they were very busy opening up other rooms as it was first week of the season. We had to complain to reception about cleaners they still didnt call but I approached one myself as I needed the bathroom washed out as there were swarms of ants going over toilet, towels, bath, floor everywhere. She just gave a quick wipe over but they were back within a few hours later. On the last night they had made their way in the bedroom on the side cabinets and on bed I felt dirty and wouldnt turn off light incase they were crawling on me. Never go back again nothing around to walk to or visit too expensive to shop as well.

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: avoid it

Not a Five Star Hotel by Del

We booked to stay at this hotel with Thomsons. When we arrived they didn't have a record of our booking. The guy on reception was obviously in a bad mood as he wasn't helpful at all and the head of housekeeping was aggressive and rude. When we were eventually given our rooms because we had two booked, one for my husband and me and one for my daughter and her fiance, we found our room to be overrun by cockroaches. The security guard who had to show us to another room, which I also refused because it was dirty, admitted to us that they had recently sprayed in the hotel because they had a problem with cockroaches. Eventually, we settled on one of the bungalow rooms which was fine. On a positive note the food was very good and there is a good choice. I certainly don't think this hotel is a five star and I don't think it should be one of Thomsons Platinum Hotels. After the bad start the assistant manager was lovely and very apologetic and she did everything to make up for what had happened. The other negative would be that the Beach at the bottom of the hotel's gardens is scruffy and is full of pebbles not shingle. However, there is a beautiful beach just 10 minutes away by car or bus which has good clean facilities.

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Very quite not many shops or restaurants.

Perfect wedding & holiday! by Emma_Heron

We got married in the hotel after a 12 day holiday joined by 23 members of our family and friends.

The hotel was spotless and the food was gorgeous.

Our wedding day went without a hitch and was better than we could ever have imagined! The wedding planner (English) and the hotel liason officer (Greek) organised the whole day perfectly.

Yes the night time entertainment was mainly german but it only lasted a few hours and was actually quite amusing!

The only thing I will say is, brides looking to get married here, definitely do it..but prepare yourselves for the prices of hair and make-up for the wedding day-approx £200!!!! Obviously this is optional but they did do a very good job (see pics!)

The staff at the hotel were brilliant, we had a number of children with our party of all age ranges and the staff were brilliant with them..and the adults too!

The all-inclusive package was amazing and they were not strict on how many drinks per person etc and there was always food available throughout the day.

All in all, a perfect holiday and perfect wedding!

We spent two weeks in this hotel in... by A Mollart

We spent two weeks in this hotel in June/July. The hotel itself is very clean, food is delicious and the staff were great. The kids club is great and the girls that ran it were all lovely - our 4 year old loved them! The only downside is this hotel is mainly for the

German guests - everything is in German. From the announcements to the flyers left on the breakfast tables and the music. The behaviour of their children and kids club reps left a lot to be desired as they were basically left to do what they wanted (playing football in the halls, running through reception, running around the pools, etc). We hired a car through Rodos Cars and the guy there is great. Very friendly with good rates. You can hire a pushchair from the hotel (3 euros a day) as well if you don't want to take yours with you. All in all, the weather was great and the hotel was nice, but I wouldn't go back as the German kids spoiled it for us.

Have just returned from 1 week at the... by  E A Adams

Have just returned from 1 week at the Aegean Blue where we attended our daughters wedding. The hotel staff and its facilities were very good. The hotel accommodation was either in the main hotel or in small bungalow flatlets within the spacious grounds.

We stayed in the bungalow flats and both the bedroom and the bathroom were of a high standard and very peaceful and quiet - glad we were not in the main hotel. Food was either in the main hotel restaurant with lovely terrace or in the Taverna where the mainly Greek cuisine was wonderful. The hotel handled my daughters wedding very well and made this a very special day. The resort of Kolymbia is definately a 'one horse town' and a fair walk from the hotel complex. The hotel is very isolated which meant that during the evening the only stroll was to a neighbouring couple of bars although they were very welcoming and pleasant. The only niggles were that all entertainment was German (thank goodness for the Thomson kids Club which at least catered for the English speaking children - our grand-daughter was 4) and there seemed to be a constant stream of 9 - 12 year olds rampaging through the Reception area of the hotel which meant that a quiet drink before or after dinner was an impossibility unless you braved the heat of the terrace (but this was a parential fault and not the hotel's) and the inevitable dawn race to put towels on sunbeds! Lovely holiday and lovely hotel.

Regular bus service into Rhodes was reliable and cheap.

The hotel was very clean and the food... by H Butler

The hotel was very clean and the food was excellent. The entertainment was mainly centred around German families although British families were encouraged to join in, ditto the kids clubs.

There are plenty of places to visit, and the bus timetables are easy to understand. The local town is not too far away, you can walk there. There are plenty of excursions - Nikos of the Jungle is a great tour of the Greek outback, although the tour is mainly for the Dutch.

Tsambika beach is beautiful, but the sand on all the beaches there are extremely hot so make sure to wear something on your feet if you're going there.

Another place to visit is Lindos - ride a donkey up to the acropolis and see stunning views of the surrounding area.

All in all, a fantastic holiday!!

We had 10days in September 2006. The... by  D Coles

We had 10days in September 2006. The hotel is lovely and the food excellent. But in my opinion if you are a couple, or any number of adults wanting a nice quiet holiday without too many children then this IS NOT the place for you.

This hotel is for families only in my books. In my estimate 90% of the entertainment is geared up for children and mostly for German children at that, and there appear to be more children than adults at the hotel. What little entertainment they do have for adults is very poor.

We stayed at the Atlantica Imperial in Kolymbia last year and couldn't fault it. So was surprised that the entertainment was so poor at its sister hotel.

As I have said Families will love it, but not adults wanting peace and quiet.

Just returned from a two week break... by  J Beck

Just returned from a two week break at the Aegean Blue. A lovely clean, well maintained hotel. Our family room was very spacious with very effective air conditioning (no time restrictions) and a sliding divider.

Staff are extremely friendly and very helpful to all nationalities. The majority of guests were German - if you are any nationality other than German don't rely upon the evening entertainment. Activities during the day encouraged all to join in but we were content with a very relaxing holiday.

Pools were wonderful although we did have the German towels to contend with (towels by 7.30am)!

The location is a little isolated so car hire is a must if you want to explore - Beware of Rhodes town as it is a nightmare to drive around and to park.

In summary, a lovely hotel and fantastic food, certainly worth a visit.

Fantastic Hotel by Edensorfamily

We stayed in this hotel as a family of 4 in May 2006, we cannot fault the cleanliness, food and pool. The food had a varied wide range and was always freshly topped up. In the mornings you could have absolutely anything for breakfast, full english or continental, cheese, and even pancakes. At each meal there was alway loads of fresh fruit and drinks of your choice. The hotel did have a 'themed night' which just meant one night was all Italian style foods the next a Greek night with Moussaka, Souvlaki etc. Cannot fault the choice or quality it was definitely first class. The rooms were very spacious and very clean towels changed daily and beds made daily. There were bathroom towels and beach towels provided. There is a mini fridge in the room with complimentary drinks also. The only thing that we could fault was the entertainment. Unfortunately, this hotel is Tui hotel which is a German company, all the signs are in German, most of the customers are German and all of the entertainment is German. They do have a kids club but it is not great and if they want to join the evening club for 2hrs you have to pay. Considering we stayed all inclusive we expected something for the kids to do. There isnt anywhere really to go locally so no entertainment made for a very quiet week. The kids did get very bored. All in all this hotel is fantastic and I would return if they improved the entertainment, having an 11 and a 7 year old you do need it! On the positive side I celebrated my birthday whilst I was there and the hotel provided a complimentary bottle of wine and basket of fruit as a surprise in my room when we returned from the beach with a card wishing me a Happy Brithday from the management of which I was thoroughly chuffed with.

1 2 »

Stayed at Atlantica Aegean Blue Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Atlantica Aegean Blue Beach Resort also called

• atlantica aegean blue
  • atlantica aegean blue hotel
  • hotel atlantica aegean blue
  • Address: PO Box 4101, Rhodes 85103, Greece