Novotel London Tower Bridge

Good

Service: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Novotel London Tower Bridge

Great value for families

"We (family of 4) stayed at this hotel over the Easter break. We chose it because we intended to visit the Tower of London and we really couldn't have picked a better place to stay.

We booked through 'Superbreak.com' and, at £87 per night including breakfast, I really can't fault this hotel. It was clean, the rooms big enough for what we needed, and the staff very accomodating to children. Whilst the breakfast was not the best I'd ever had, it certainly was not the worst.

Location wise, the Tower is literally 2 minutes away but pretty much all there is of any interest to children in the immediate area. However, with a tube station less than a minutes walk away it really doesn't matter. With minimal blackmail, we were able to persuade our girls (aged 5 & 7) to walk along the South Bank and eventually ended up in Covent Garden. With beautiful weather, it was a very pleasant afternoon out.

I did check prices with the hotel website but it was cheaper to use 'Superbreak.com'

by Joanne04

Excellent choice for families

"We stayed here for the second time for one night last week. It really is a good hotel for families - nice and comfortable and informal. Our two boys played on the playstation in the lobby whilst we had a drink in the bar - it is one of those bars that guests actually use - it is not overpriced and the bar food is excellent. We actually said we would come to the bar even if we weren't staying at the hotel.

We had a standard room and it was fairly average but of a good size and very comfortable.

We paid £79 room only which I felt was a good price - the breakfast here is good but we weren't going to pay £28 for it this time. The children had a free breakfast.

A brilliant bonus is you are literally 2 minutes from the tube station.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone really as there are a good mix of people staying here. I think most Novotels are a safe bet.

by JEWE

Good location, a bit pricey

"Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Overall, it's a good business hotel. Nothing charming about it at all! If this were in the US, it would be equivalent to a Courtyard Marriott or Howard Johnson in terms of quality. Location is good in terms of convenience to the subway and the Tower Bridge and the London Tower. But it's in the financial district so after hours, the neighborhood is pretty deserted, nothing interesting to see, and most restaurants around it are closed early and the ones open are not interesting.

Rooms are not very big and the closets are pitifully small! They also have those annoying hangers that discourage you from taking them (not that I do anyway!) but are hard to use and they don't give you enough (only 6 of them in my closet). The bathroom has plastic cups, thin towels, no robe, no slippers.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is good but not one that I would take a date to or conduct a business lunch in. Btw, internet access in the room is expensive: approx $30 a day!

Overall, a good hotel if you need to stay in that area of London. But value for money...I would go somewhere else.

by x2fr

Good Hotel and great rates

"Location

The Hotel is located in the financial sector of London. It is about 100 yards from Tower Hill Underground station and about 800 yards from Tower bridge itself. The area itself is fine but at weekends nearly all of the local pubs/cafes are shut due to the business nature of the area.

The hotel itself

The Hotel itself is a modern 7/8 storey building. The bedrooms are large and ensuite. A/C is provided and the TV has about 14 channels. TV cing and Bloomberg being the only non British TV stations. Breakfast (buffet) was fine with a wide range of foods offered. Complementary newspapers (Telegraph and Independent) are provided. I do not know about parking a car but I presume that if you brought a car one would be subject to congestion charge.

Price?

We (2) booked a weekend (2 nights 2 breakfasts) and a show for a grand total of 312 pounds sterling.

by donalDublin

Spacious room and really calm

"I stayed there for 1 night only and was impressed by the very spacious room. The toilets are separate and just next to the bathroom, which is also a good idea. The bathroom was spotless and the shower system really well thought so that no water would split on the floor as you can have in other hotels. Despite I was there on a Saturday night, I could sleep without being awaken by any noise. The breakfast buffet was OK but not that good (very difficult to lift the orange cans which were far too heavy for many people). Also, the breakfast room was too noisy but it was probably because there were many families with children."

by Londinium

Fantastic

"Booked with 'superbreak' Total cost included 2 nights B&B, Return train from B'ham, FREE Theatre tickets!! £216.... was a birthday pressie for b/f who had never been to london before. Clean hotel, feast of a breakfast, including pastries, yoghurts, hot buffet, lots of conserves. Couldn't eat again til tea time. (had it in the room the next day, wasn't so good!) The first night we eat in the bar, I had risotto which was well presented & cooked to perfection, b/f had fishcakes, he seemed equally delighted, was reasonably priced too! Accommodating staff, Can't fault the place! Spent the next few days chilling in the room & sightseeing, had free tickets from superbreak to watch blue man group, was good fun too. All in all very good stay, Thanks to all the hard working staff"

by ronniegreat

Perfect for a visit to the Tower

"We had one night in this hotel on a Friday in Dec. We were going to a party on HMS Belfast and wanted somewhere within walking/staggering distance.

The hotel is everything you would expect from a Novotel. Clean, well located, friendly service.

The thing that makes it so great though is the location. 2 minutes from the Tower of London, but also right in the heart of the city. A very cool area (with a slight warning that obviously the City is a bit quiet at the weekend).

And it was cheap - £79.00 for a central London hotel is a bargin in anyones book.

I'd stay again.

by GSRl

Basic hotel

"I stayed at the Novotel Tower Bridge for one night in early December on a business trip. As my stay was so short (came in around 6pm the previous evening and checked out around 7am the next morning) this is going to be a short review.

Front desk was friendly and professional and both check-in and check-out went smoohtly. Although the bill mistakenly included something from the minibar but when I explained I had not taken anything the item was excluded from the bill immediately.

I had a room on the second floor overlooking a quiet side street.

The room seemed to be very basic, yet, quite modern and clean. Furthermore, it was spacious. There was a bathroom, separate wc, wide bed, couch, and desk.

I did get a good night's sleep and my only minor complaint would be the bathroom. There is sort of a bath/shower combination but the bath is too small (ie. not deep enough) to actually take a bath in it. I tried and did not enjoy it.

The hotel bar seems to attract a mixed crowd of hotel guests and workers from nearby offices. Nothing fancy but if you want to sit for a while and have a drink before going to bed why bother going outside.

This seems like a reliable hotel for short-term stays and it will definitely be one of the options the next time in London (in City). However, I would try to look for bargain rates in hotels closer to Liverpool Street Station as the area there seemed to me much more vivid.

by synnove

New, Clean Business Hotel

"The London Novotel Tower Bridge is a great business hotel. It would have been very pricey if I were not being reimbursed by my employer. The rooms are clean, spacious and the furniture is new. An ample desk setup makes working a breeze. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I shipped several boxes ahead and the staff alerted me upon my arrival and even brought them to my room for me. The room could have used a few more amenities - such as a bottle opener/corkscrew and for the price, could have had more high-end toiletries.

The location is excellent! about 100 yards from the Tower of London - just make sure you check a detailed map before you arrive, especially by Tube. It's easy to get turned around and the street isn't shown on some maps.

by jv332398

great hotel

"stayed here fri 1st and sat 2nd december 2006. very clean, modern and friendly. room also very clean with great shower. no noise in my room, very quiet and peaceful, never heard a thing from going to sleep until waking up. where was all this noise a previous reviewer had commented on???? never ate breakfast in hotel, went to the wetherspoon groups pommelers rest pub at the junction of tower bridge road and tooley st. had a full fry for £1.99 both mornings. beautiful!!! highly recommended also due to it being a stones throw from tower hill tube station."

by thedodger2

Read more reviews of Novotel London Tower Bridge at TripAdvisor

Map for Novotel London Tower Bridge Closest airport: London City (LCY) 5.5 miles